D43 - Ultimate Classic Team Roster - VERSION 3 RELEASED!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: D43 - Ultimate Classic Teams Roster - Release date 05/08/2019 - PC

Postby shazbot66 on Tue May 07, 2019 8:11 am

Dee4Three wrote:Home stretch.... releasing on Wednesday.

I'll love any feedback once released.

You don't even realize how much this means to me.....just to show my appreciation, I'll tell you this:

When I was a kid, my dad got me a long wave radio - I managed to pick up Armed Forces Network from US army stationed in Germany (I'm from NL)
And in the middle of the night I used to listen to NBA matches....Magic, Worthy, Bird, McHale.....and later I managed to get those old nba magazines and much later we got NBA games on tv.

Playing with those old teams really means a lot to me. Aside of the teams being just awesome, it also brings back a lot of good memories!

Thank you!!
shazbot66

Postby Lesat on Tue May 07, 2019 6:40 pm

Wow, it looks amazing!
Since 2k17 has the best gameplay in 2k series so far, adding your mod will make it unanimously the best NBA video game ever :!:
I'm still hoping you would be able to add primetime Nash/Stoudemire/Marion team (04-05 Suns or 07-08 with Shaq) sometime. That's definitely the only team I'm missing to achieve perfection. :roll:
Can't wait to try it out!

Thank you for your great work!

EDIT: Sorry, I've just noticed that 04-05 Suns is included in your amazing mod as modified and improved default 2k retro team! I'M EVEN MORE HYPED NOW!!11!1
Lesat

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed May 08, 2019 12:01 am

Dee4Three wrote:Home stretch.... releasing on Wednesday.

I'll love any feedback once released.

Can't wait :dance:
trevorjpt33

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 08, 2019 12:51 am

Thanks all!

And yes, the 09-10 Suns and the 04-05 Suns are in this roster. And I also agree that 2K17 has the best gameplay on this gen.

Shazbot, I felt it was important to represent some of the older teams like the 66-67 76ers, 66-67 Warriors, 85-86 Rockets, 82-83 Spurs, 82-83 76ers, 62-63 Celtics, and a bunch of 90's teams etc. Han Roster was decent for the younger crowd, but didn't have any representation of Charles Barkley, 90's teams or any teams earlier than that. This roster combined not only a plethora of teams from the year 2000 up, but also represents a ton of teams prior. I think it will be a great mixture for you guys.

This roster is also more organized, while yes the 16-17 default NBA teams have been taken out, I think you will like how the roster is just ALL CLASSIC teams. It's really fun to look through.

And while I am unable to release with jukebox or arena music, I think you guys will really enjoy the enhancements to the presentation.

One of the biggest things I want you to notice is all of the signature shot edits throughout the roster (Especially the new teams added), every player going down to the 13 guy basically has accurate signature shots based on watching highlights, and the attributes/tendencies etc were heavily worked on to be accurate, along with quite a lot of simulating of seasons to make sure the stats are on a somewhat realistic level. The players who should be fast and explosive are fast and explosive. The gameplay really feels great, especially with the October.exe which will be included with the roster.

I'm doing some final touch-ups to some faces/bodies, followed by making the video and releasing tomorrow night. The video will be LONG, as I will be going through each of the teams and giving you information on them, but at the end of the video the instructions on how to install the roster will be included.

Another thing of note: You will notice that basically every team in the entire roster has ATLEAST 10-11 accurate season specific portraits, that are well cut out and great quality. It adds to the appeal of the roster immensely.

I'm excited for you guys to try the roster.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed May 08, 2019 5:03 am

Dee4Three wrote:Thanks all!

And yes, the 09-10 Suns and the 04-05 Suns are in this roster. And I also agree that 2K17 has the best gameplay on this gen.

Shazbot, I felt it was important to represent some of the older teams like the 66-67 76ers, 66-67 Warriors, 85-86 Rockets, 82-83 Spurs, 82-83 76ers, 62-63 Celtics, and a bunch of 90's teams etc. Han Roster was decent for the younger crowd, but didn't have any representation of Charles Barkley, 90's teams or any teams earlier than that. This roster combined not only a plethora of teams from the year 2000 up, but also represents a ton of teams prior. I think it will be a great mixture for you guys.

This roster is also more organized, while yes the 16-17 default NBA teams have been taken out, I think you will like how the roster is just ALL CLASSIC teams. It's really fun to look through.

And while I am unable to release with jukebox or arena music, I think you guys will really enjoy the enhancements to the presentation.

One of the biggest things I want you to notice is all of the signature shot edits throughout the roster (Especially the new teams added), every player going down to the 13 guy basically has accurate signature shots based on watching highlights, and the attributes/tendencies etc were heavily worked on to be accurate, along with quite a lot of simulating of seasons to make sure the stats are on a somewhat realistic level. The players who should be fast and explosive are fast and explosive. The gameplay really feels great, especially with the October.exe which will be included with the roster.

I'm doing some final touch-ups to some faces/bodies, followed by making the video and releasing tomorrow night. The video will be LONG, as I will be going through each of the teams and giving you information on them, but at the end of the video the instructions on how to install the roster will be included.

Another thing of note: You will notice that basically every team in the entire roster has ATLEAST 10-11 accurate season specific portraits, that are well cut out and great quality. It adds to the appeal of the roster immensely.

I'm excited for you guys to try the roster.

Just amazing work on this and it will be well worth your time when you can finally say its complete. I'm hoping for a steam summer sale for 2k17, but I will have to get it on PC one way or another to take advantage of this work and show support.
Thunder Shaq

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 am

There'll be no more sale on 2K17.
You should consider to buy it before 2K removes it from Steam and other stores.
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 08, 2019 6:31 am

Some last minute things I am taking care of tonight:

- Touching up Kwame Brown with cornrows for the 05-06 Lakers and 02-03 Wizards
- Editing the bodies of Antonio Daniels and Jarvis Hayes (Lips are fixed)
- Removing stats from players in CE (My brother will be tackling this probably, we are a little over half done)
- Adding Darrell Armstrong to the 94-95 Magic (Converted from 2K18)
- Simulating a few more seasons to make sure stats are in check
- Editing Chris Mihms face that I created prior (05-06 Lakers)
- Adding 3D hair to Andrew Bynum on the 09-10 Lakers and shortening the length of his facial hair

That is most of what I will be doing. All players were given appropriate sizeups already, and signature shots look good throughout the roster for the most part. Every team has atleast 13 players and will be compatible with MyLeague or Play Now. Part of my video will be showing you a great 36 team setup that you can make for going into MyLeague that has hardly any duplicates throughout the entire league. It's pretty damn cool.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed May 08, 2019 6:55 am

Wasn’t sure if you’d make a vid on this. I’m definitely looking forward to it!
Thunder Shaq

Postby coolbreeze24 on Wed May 08, 2019 8:50 am

This is incredible. Man, I'm definitely re-downloading my copy. Great stuff Dee4Three (Y)
coolbreeze24

Postby timmyd on Wed May 08, 2019 8:53 am

Awesome stuff my man! I'll be waiting for this to drop tomorrow. You have no idea how excited I am! I've been watching, following and playing your mods for years now. I'm coming back to NBA2k17 only for you. Thank you!
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby dalegremio on Wed May 08, 2019 10:58 am

For your perfectionism I just expect something incredible. Thanks Dee, and I'm in the mood for you to have given special attention to Allen iverson, fixing the signatures and body.
dalegremio

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 08, 2019 11:07 am

dalegremio wrote:For your perfectionism I just expect something incredible. Thanks Dee, and I'm in the mood for you to have given special attention to Allen iverson, fixing the signatures and body.

Iverson has a custom body and a perfect set of signatures.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Some updates I made to faces

Kwame Brown for the 05-06 Lakers and 02-03 Wizards. I gave him cornrows, and edited his face and body.

Chris Mihm for the 05-06 Lakers

Austin Croshere who is on the 06-07 Mavericks and the 99-00 Pacers. This one and the Mihm took me awhile.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby eddie2003prt on Wed May 08, 2019 11:57 pm

This looks fantastic! looking forward to trying this out.

I would have included:

1. 61-62 Warriors....Wilt averaged 50 and 26. Greatest individual season ever.
2. 63-64 Royals...Oscar averaged a triple double.
3. The Portland team that won the title in the mid 70s. People don't know how good Bill Walton was before he got hurt.
4 and 5. I would have included this year's Rockets and Bucks. I want to see how Harden and Giannis would do against these all time greats.
eddie2003prt

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 09, 2019 12:09 am

eddie2003prt wrote:This looks fantastic! looking forward to trying this out.

I would have included:

1. 61-62 Warriors....Wilt averaged 50 and 26. Greatest individual season ever.
2. 63-64 Royals...Oscar averaged a triple double.
3. The Portland team that won the title in the mid 70s. People don't know how good Bill Walton was before he got hurt.
4 and 5. I would have included this year's Rockets and Bucks. I want to see how Harden and Giannis would do against these all time greats.

Thanks!

Thought about the 61-62 Warriors, but I chose the 66-67 76ers to represent Chamberlain historically. He may not have averaged as much, but he played maybe his best brand of basketball in that season, and his team overall had better weapons.

Just didn't have time to put in a prime Big O team, atleast he's represented with Kareem in 70-71.

I thought heavily about adding Waltons 76-77 team, but I only had like 2 CF's for the whole team, and would have had to create 11. I didn't have the time.

In the future I could add a couple recent teams, but it's not guaranteed.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lesat on Thu May 09, 2019 1:08 am

If you are already taking suggestions for the next version of the mod, here are my 2 cents: :wink:

Must have teams:
04-05 Wizards - Arenas/Hughes/Jamison - one of the agent zero best years
08-09 Magic - Howard/Turkoglu/Lewis - Dwight primetime dominance & Hedo amazing plays
14-15 Clippers - Griffin/CP3/DeAndre - great showtime team

other notable:
03-04 Pacers - J.O'Neal/Artest/Miller
09-10 Jazz - Boozer/D.Williams/Okur/Kirilenko (or 07-08 can't decide)
12-13 Grizzlies - Gay/Randolph/Conley/Gasol
15-16 Spurs - Leonard/Aldridge/Parker/Duncan

some, more recent cool teams:
13-14 Pacers - George/West/Hibbert
15-16 Raptors - DeRozan/Lowry/Valanciunas
14-15 Wizards - Wall/Beal
17-18 Rockets - Harden/CP3
17-18 Pacers - Oladipo/Bogdanovic

and some of the greatest teams of all time, although there are already teams close to those years:
03-04 Lakers - Bryant/Shaq/Payton/Malone
05-06 Pistons - Billups/Hamilton/2xWallace/Prince + McDyess
10-11 Celtics - Pierce/Allen/Garnett + Rondo/Shaq/Nate/BigBaby
Lesat

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 09, 2019 2:13 am

Lesat wrote:If you are already taking suggestions for the next version of the mod, here are my 2 cents: :wink:

Must have teams:
08-09 Magic - Howard/Turkoglu/Lewis - Dwight primetime dominance & Hedo amazing plays

other notable:

and some of the greatest teams of all time, although there are already teams close to those years:

Guys, the chances of a big V3 with even more teams is small. This project has taken a lot of time, and I mean a lot.

Also for me, your must have teams are not even close to must haves IMO. The 08-09 Magic would be the most important of that bunch, but the 14-15 Clippers and 04-05 Wizards I certainly don't consider must haves. BUT, the 14-15 Clippers would be pretty easy to put in.

I would never consider the 15-16 Spurs over the champion 13-14 Spurs where Kawhi won finals MVP. 07-08 Jazz I considered and COULD be an option for V3. 05-06 Pistons doesn't make sense IMO because we have champion 03-04 in the roster completely filled accurately, and yes I considered the 09-10 or 10-11 Celtics.

Thanks for the suggestions, however try and enjoy the teams that I release in V2.

As it is, I may need a few more days for this release, as last night was not as productive as I had hoped, and still need to remove the stats from some of the players in the roster.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu May 09, 2019 2:35 am

The most recent I'm willing to go on my rosters is 2016 right now (mostly only for Warriors/Cavs from that year). I think you have a great selection of teams (of course I'll be biased to the 2010 Suns). I wouldn't expect a v3 for a while anyways (if at all of course), you deserve to rest lol.
Last edited by Thunder Shaq on Thu May 09, 2019 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder Shaq

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu May 09, 2019 2:41 am

Lesat wrote:If you are already taking suggestions for the next version of the mod, here are my 2 cents: :wink:

Must have teams:

other notable:

Bro you can't be giving him a comprehensive list of teams for v3 on release day for v2... Take the time to enjoy v2 and maybe say thank you before you are already asking for more. There was plenty of time for suggestions earlier. But either way there is a finite amount of roster slots and not enough room for everybody's favorite team lol
trevorjpt33

Postby laroche23 on Thu May 09, 2019 3:01 am

As it is, I may need a few more days for this release, as last night was not as productive as I had hoped, and still need to remove the stats from some of the players in the roster.[/quote]

Take ur time Dee4threee , we´re alll very thankful for u doing this, i think it might be even better no to reveal ur release date, so u wont feel pressure at all................. '#THANKS #
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 09, 2019 3:12 am

laroche23 wrote:
Take ur time Dee4threee , we´re alll very thankful for u doing this, i think it might be even better no to reveal ur release date, so u wont feel pressure at all................. '#THANKS #

Not a bad idea.

Thanks for sticking with me guys. Just a little more time. Hopefully you like the Mihm, Brown and Croshere.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby shazbot66 on Thu May 09, 2019 3:26 am

Dee4Three wrote:Not a bad idea.
Thanks for sticking with me guys. Just a little more time. Hopefully you like the Mihm, Brown and Croshere.

I was just thinking how many hours of gameplay you're adding to this game :)
shazbot66

Postby laroche23 on Thu May 09, 2019 3:31 am

Hopefully you like the Mihm, Brown and Croshere.[/quote]

what is there not to like ? u nailed them.. u re spending ur free time and giving this project so much dedication... ...........no one at this time should question ANYTHING u do ....... we´re so blessed to have u doing this #keep the good work # a small question i have tough ..according to ur list :DANY Manning cyberface is 0001 ( does it show in the game ? ) i have tried it doesnt ,,,,or has he another cyberface assigned ? THANKS DEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laroche23

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 09, 2019 3:32 am

shazbot66 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Not a bad idea.

I was just thinking how many hours of gameplay you're adding to this game :)

Unfortunately, I havn't been able to play the game much because of the focus on modding. When I release this, I am probably going to try and take a step back and enjoy the game a little.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 09, 2019 3:39 am

laroche23 wrote:Hopefully you like the Mihm, Brown and Croshere.

what is there not to like ? u nailed them.. u re spending ur free time and giving this project so much dedication... ...........no one at this time should question ANYTHING u do ....... we´re so blessed to have u doing this #keep the good work # a small question i have tough ..according to ur list :DANY Manning cyberface is 0001 ( does it show in the game ? ) i have tried it doesnt ,,,,or has he another cyberface assigned ? THANKS DEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Danny Manning does not have a cyberface for 2K17. That was placed there because someone made a false report that it was in the game.

He would have to be converted from 2K18, which I am not opposed to doing if I plan on touching up my all time teams roster.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding