2019 Playoffs: (1) Milwaukee vs. (4) Boston

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Who ya got?

Bucks in 4
13%
Bucks in 5
13%
Bucks in 6
No votes
Bucks in 7
25%
Celtics in 4
No votes
Celtics in 5
No votes
Celtics in 6
13%
Celtics in 7
25%
Mike Budenholzer gains 100 pounds, earns nickname "Mike Buddhaholzer"
No votes
Irving leaves Celtics, defends decision by citing 77,165,872 alternate timelines where he stayed
13%

Total votes : 8

2019 Playoffs: (1) Milwaukee vs. (4) Boston

Postby Lamrock on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:25 pm

With both teams coming off of first round byes, the Bucks and Celtics are poised for a great series in this rematch of last year's playoffs. Both squads look so different since that seven game series. The Bucks have a far better coach, a deeper bench and likely the MVP in Giannis, while the Celtics have Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward back from injury.

Milwaukee had a much better regular season campaign, but there will surely be a lot of people picking the Celtics. Boston has more playoff experience and it's debatable which team boasts the more talented roster. Will the Bucks' unorthodox defense hold up as they get deeper into the playoffs? Are the Celtics even good? Is Brad Stevens the long lost twin brother of Pete Buttigieg? Time will tell. Personally I got the Bucks in 7. They won 60 games and they have an actual superstar, so I don't think they're a fake 1 seed like those cannon fodder teams LeBron spent the last few years beating.

Anyway, vote in my stupid poll.
Lamrock

Re: 2019 Playoffs: (1) Milwaukee vs. (4) Boston

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Celtics in 6.

They surprise the Bucks and take game 1 on the road.

Semi Ojeleye is the Greek Freaks father.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Crap
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:56 pm

The Kyrie leaving Boston option sparked joy for me but I eventually went with Bucks in 4 because why not
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:08 pm

I want Boston to win this series just so they can convince themselves that they're better off with another year with Tatum and the youngins than trading them to NOLA for Davis so WE can get Davis. I feel like this'll go 6-7 games depending on how they play Giannis in the paint. Bucks in 6 probably but wouldn't be surprised if it's Celts in 6.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby air gordon on Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:38 am

fun narrative of #1 seed vs experienced team that apparently has turned the proverbial switch on. Middleton feasted last year and dont think smart's coming back for this one
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:26 pm

I'll say Bucks in 7, but I just want this one to go seven games regardless of who advances. Should be fun.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:19 pm

Celtics in 7. As much as I like that Bucks team, I want to see Gordon Hayward have a big series.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:00 pm

Bucks sweep. Let's go.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:59 pm

That Buddha joke is so bad that I'm picking the Bucks now.
Celtics going to defend Giannis 3 like they did with Ben Simmons last year.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:11 am

Having your best player not be able to hit anything consistently outside of the paint is not good in the playoffs, especially when defense in general gets better because effort is at an all time high.

I've been saying since early in the season that the biggest threats to Boston were Philly and Toronto, mainly because they are more well rounded on both ends IMO, and Giannis inability to produce consistently outside the paint. Khris Middelton has trouble creating shots for himself, most of his shots come from a Giannis or Bledsoe drive and dish. Bledsoe is passive offensively whether it be the regular season or the Playoffs, and they really don't have ANY OTHER shot creators or playmakers on the roster. Lopez can create his in the post, but they choose to have him out at the three-point line. Defensively, the Bucks are not that scary, especially matched up with a team like the Celtics who have so much length and so many athletes.

I believe Giannis will become a better shooter over time, but until that happens, the Bucks will flounder in the playoffs. And with the team having so few playmakers/shot creators, this series could end pretty quick.

If I were MIL, I would attempt to generate offense a bit in the post using Lopez, and tell Eric Bledsoe that it's the damn playoffs, and to be aggressive offensively. He looks like a fullback but plays like a kicker, hes soft. The Celtics are just packing the paint against Giannis, and they are long enough/fast enough to get out to the shooters if he drives and kicks. Think about how many playmakers/shot creators the Celtics have, and how many the Bucks have? Huge difference.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:57 pm

Game 1 in the books. Buds turn for adjustments
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Thu May 02, 2019 8:19 am

I guess the bucks ate their Wheaties last nite
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Sun May 05, 2019 1:23 am

wow. bucks take the series lead with a convincing game 3 victory
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Tue May 07, 2019 8:11 am

Cool about Giannis and the crap he had to deal with growing up in Greece;

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/03/spor ... ket-newtab
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Tue May 07, 2019 11:28 am

Doesn't look like this one is going to seven.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 07, 2019 11:40 am

Andrew wrote:Doesn't look like this one is going to seven.

That's what happens when you fall in love with threes and contested outside shots, rarely attack the paint/post, play selfish basketball, and can't touch the opposing teams best player.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Tue May 07, 2019 12:44 pm

or have paul pierce jinxing you
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby air gordon on Tue May 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Wow. Bucks build their lead with giannis and middle on the bench with foul trouble

Not sure how much more open the Celtics need to be to make a 3pter.

Still the Bucks defense has been solid, especially on Irving.

Adding insult to injury Cwebb drops the question of this being Irving's last game in Boston
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Tue May 07, 2019 2:31 pm

This is why best player of the series matters. Raptors and Bucks are the proof so was LBJ reigning east for decade prior to this season. Team full of all stars will always have it tough against a team with one significant superstar.

Irving is a funny one. People vastly overrated him for winning a championship with LeBurnn. He was never a winner until LBJ joined him. And the Celtics were already a winner even before they got him. Remember what they achieved with Isaiah Thomas? Current drama was foreseeable. He was a star, not a superstar despite people believing it so.

Back when Kawhi trade happened, I was dumbfounded when one of my colleague thought losing DeRozan was a bad idea and Kawhi wouldn't really improve the team. It was actually a lot of people thinking that way because of how many points DeRozen scores and how Kawhi is not really a mass scorer nor stat stuffer unlike Melo and Westbrook(lol). Not many believed me when I told them Kawhi's a top 3 at the time and he would definitely improve the Raps. Welp, eye testers still would argue DeRozen's 360 lay up and Westy's big heart wins the games and not Kawhi's efficiently boring skillset. Noice.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Wed May 08, 2019 12:08 am

seems like a slight over reaction of some after game 1. there were some questions marks for the bucks heading into the series but its the celts who are fugazi.

really hope the celts can get back into this series. they've been outplayed big time since game 1.

your colleague's a dope, novu. seemed like the issue was/is remains of him being a 1yr rental/ the raptors not showing loyalty to derozan.

anywho's... back to this series. Giannis has took it over. George hill having some kind of reconnaissance too.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Wed May 08, 2019 8:06 am

Didn't Kyrie lead the Cavs to two #1 picks in the draft before LeBron got there?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 08, 2019 8:14 am

[Q] wrote:Didn't Kyrie lead the Cavs to two #1 picks in the draft before LeBron got there?

He was 19. 20, 21 before 14-15, and made the all star team twice. "Before LeBron got there",like the roster didn't have any other changes like adding another all star in 26 and 13 Kevin Love, making the team go from 1 all star to 3.

They had three all stars and a better supporting cast the first year and years following with LeBron and Love. Just like stating the Heat were crap without LeBron, followed by giving him all the credit for an improved record, even though they added an additional multi-all star in Chris Bosh, and a better supporting cast, going from 1 all star to 3.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Thu May 09, 2019 12:43 pm

This is the truth, shit team is out. Its over.

Gianni a real deal already? I think next round against Kawhi will tell a lot about it.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Thu May 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Bucks make their first Conference Finals since 2001. Funnily enough, that was the year they had the epic series with Allen Iverson and the 76ers, who defeated the Raptors in the second round to meet them in the Conference Finals. While the 76ers aren't out yet, it certainly looks like it'll be the opposite this time around. Bucks/Raptors could be another great one, though.

Disappointing end to a disappointing season for the Celtics.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball