Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:16 pm

I guess it's not surprising. She's been an afterthought for a long time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:32 pm

She went to the Dominican republic on vacation with Mikaze her husband as well as Kalisto and his wife. Maybe they all had time off except her and she wanted to go?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Could be. The dirt sheets are saying the Legit Boss isn't that happy with her Actual Boss, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:38 am

Andrew wrote:Could be. The dirt sheets are saying the Legit Boss isn't that happy with her Actual Boss, though.

It doesn't help that you could tell minutes into her WrestleMania match that she wasn't going over, as you typically can with her. I don't know that I've ever seen another superstar in my lifetime who wore the forthcoming result of their match on their face and the way they carry themselves during a match more. If I notice, there's no way it isn't unbearably noticeable.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:40 am

Agreed. Even if her frustration is understandable, that definitely isn't. She has a point, but she's also extremely petulant. The two aren't mutually exclusive, after all.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:23 am

The War Raiders are called up from NXT and are renamed as "The Viking Experience". :meh: Might be a one-off since they're still NXT Tag Team Champions.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:48 am

Seems like a highly unnecessary rename.

phpBB [video]

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:40 pm

What's interesting is that they usually try to keep couples together, especially for long-time vets so it wasn't a surprise to see Naomi show up since the Usos already switched.
Also interesting to see Andrade seemingly get split from Charlotte. And I think Sasha was probably unhappy away from her husband from Smackdown so maybe they had them drop the titles so they could split the team and move her over.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:39 pm

I'm not sure they really thought through the shakeup, or a lot of the booking at the moment. RAW was a mess.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:18 am

It's always weird because they have to showcase new talent coming in and people need to job to them. And then you still have to feature current members even if they're leaving the next night
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:27 am

It just goes to show the lack of long-term plans for a majority of the roster. They struck gold with a couple of angles on the Road to Wrestlemania (much as they made Becky's journey as contrived as possible), but not enough thought has been given to the rest of the card.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:39 am

Vince to appear on Smackdown later to announce the "biggest acquisition in Smackdown history." My bet is on Ronda, Reigns or Brock. Then Brock kicks Kofi off the championship like he always does.

Killian Dain was split from sAniTy, apparently.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:18 am

Having Brock come in and take the title off Kofi/TV would be terrible and foolish. So yeah, I can see them doing that, unfortunately.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:04 pm

Well, you were right. Guess it'll be Reigns taking the title from Kofi.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Bayley, Ember Moon, Finn Balor, Elias, and Roman Reigns move to Smackdown. Kairi Sane is the new NXT call-up and was paired with Asuka which leaves Io Shirai on NXT (guess Kairi would be losing her next title match with Shayna Baszler). Still no sign of Sasha, which I think her current social media schtick may be a work since The Iiconics mentioned her yesterday on Raw.

I wrote:Killian Dain was split from sAniTy, apparently.

Wait, I think Eric Young moved to Raw and Alexander Wolfe requested for his release. Luke Harper also asked for his release. :(
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:38 pm

I'm guessing Sasha was legitimately upset - as noted, she did have her jobber face on at Wrestlemania - but things have since been smoothed over (or they're trying to smooth things over), and turning it into a work in the meantime.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:50 pm

God, what a waste of Sanity. They were so awesome, and they could've been like an evil GM's plaything to wreak havoc on the faces of the show. I hope Nikki gets her due. They've been making an effort to show her on TV. I hope Eric Young gets to be on TV even if it means jobbing to everyone.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:40 pm

It looks like they're investing in a YouTube channel for her, so I think she's safe for the moment.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:12 pm

I hope there's a way that Triple H get them back to NXT (but does that mean a decrease on their pay if they do return to NXT?). Tyler Breeze has been teasing a feud with Velveteen Dream and I do hope it pushes through so that Breeze still gets to be on the Network at least.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:25 pm

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 pm

1. I didn't expect Johnny Sins to have that accent.

2. I think if they ultimately go by 'TVE' that won't be terrible, and I agree with his sentiment re: The Big Show, and think this will ultimately be a non-issue/story.

3. The sentiment regarding gimmick vs overstepping in the year 2019 to the point of insult, was the most poignant part for me, along with the NXT to WWE transition generally being botched.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:56 pm

Andrade and Zelina Vega move back to Smackdown with Aleister Black as well. Cesaro and Samoa Joe move to Raw. AJ to be Seth's first #1 Contender (could've been a Summerslam match easily though). Bobby Roode is now Robert Roode, and The Viking Experience is no more! Welcome The Viking Raiders!

Also, Bray finally returns!

phpBB [video]

I love it already.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:02 pm

LMAO I guess they shook things up a little too much. Couldn't leave precious Charlotte without her man. Whoops, creative didn't think that through... Sent him back with Zelina and her man, so I guess it worked out. Kinda?

Viking Experience (lame ass name) got changed to Viking Raiders because they Can't be War Raiders, it's gotta have "Viking" in it!

Crazy finish in that AJ/Joe/Rey match. AJ powerbombs Rey onto the mat and then onto Joe. His elbow catches Joe in the face. Then a Styles Clash onto Joe. Very cool to see.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:43 pm

Viking Raiders is a little better. At least they took the negative feedback on board. Even The Undertaker originally debuted as Cain The Undertaker, so a quick rename can fix a lot of things. It's a bit harder these days with the Internet and social media, but walking back on the dumbest version of the name (and the renaming of the individual members) is a good way of putting that initial disappointment behind them.

I''m not feeling the new Bray Wyatt character. There's some potential there, but the fact I was bored of the humour by the end of the skit - the very first full skit - doesn't bode well. I feel like it should be amusing and entertaining, and some of the pieces are there, but I think they're going to drop the ball with it (if they haven't already). It didn't make me care about the character or want to see more of his antics.

So, Becky 2 Belts is defending both of her belts at Money in the Bank. I wouldn't be surprised if she loses both, to put over Lacey Evans and put the other title back on Charlotte. They gave us the Wrestlemania moment, so now they can go back to their usual plan of horrible booking and ignoring what's working because it wasn't what they - or rather, Vince - wanted. I don't care about the Lacey Evans character at all, and the fact they're trying to make her out to be this tough opponent after doing literally nothing for months is laughable. No break from Charlotte in the title picture, either. I can only imagine that Reigns is taking the WWE Championship off of Kofi in the near future as well.

But hey, Wrestlemania 35 was pretty fun, wasn't it? We'll always have that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Yeah Bray was not interesting at all. The vignettes teases another freaky scary character and we get something else.

Pathetic that they tout The Man as the first to defeat Ronda and the first two have two belts at the same time but she continues to get punked by some dumb blonde who hasn't done shit but botch her big moment at the Royal Rumble. They'll have her beat Becky and chalk it up to "building heat". Worked out well with Baron Corbin, right?

Cain the undertaker? Cool that they were eventually Able to bring Cain into the mix. Cool trivia, I never knew that before
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic