Adjusting sliders in My League?

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Adjusting sliders in My League?

Postby Leander on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:49 am

Is it possible to adjust sliders in My League or is Play Now recommended for finding your slider set?

This game has been a nightmare. Sometimes I get a good feeling I can finally have some fun but one game later everything is turned into a horrible experience.

1) Automatic settings do NOT work. I only want to play without fiddling with strategies all the time...but without ACE the game is broken.

2) Automatic substiations do NOT work. I spent some time editing the patterns. Starting PG: 28 minutes, backup: 20 minutes. Should be easy, right? Does not work. The starter gets 33-35 minutes regardless of "use bench" and other settings. Sometimes even players NOT in the rotation are subbed in without any reason (just because others are tired or one has fouled out)

3) Are there so many ups and downs in My League so you cannot tweak your sliders? Everything feels completely random...is it because offensive and defensive consistency are set to 0? 7-10 steals a game, suddenly only 2 and I cannot get the ball from Oklahoma City. I can't even reach in! Nothing happens...no collision between the hand and the player.

4) The team mates are plain stupid. Off-ball defense makes no sense as they get outsmarted all the time regardless of settings. Oh wait, they had some good games but against the Thunder, they were standing around doing nothing although using the same strategy and sliders.

5) The C and PF get the most steals...due to cheap hard-coded animations or something like that.

6) Westbrook can't be stopped. Draining heavily contested shots back to back...

7) Using on-ball does not work. Using off-ball defense does not work either. I get the best result by switching around all the time...pressing buttons all the time...without rest.

8) I have yet to find a good Youtube gameplay video with a full game against the CPU. It is only a dunk fest or a tutorial but no real gameplay. I want to learn how to defend but every footage looks too different from mine. The players run and gun, don't play realistically...and everything seems to be easier on 2K cam but I hate it so I have to stick to Nosebleeds and don't see my half of the court when the CPU brings the ball...and throws half-court passes. Great.

9) Spent 95 hours in the game and I really hate it once again. Sometimes it is fun but only for a game...then everything is too random or broken...a completely different experience although I play the same style and all settings are the same. It's like rolling a die... 1: let's have a good game 2: now the CPU will hit everything 3: now the player won't get steals 4: etc...

RANT OVER!
Leander

Re: Adjusting sliders in My League?

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:45 am

The only advantage of adjusting your sliders in Play Now is that the games don't count. Apart from that, there shouldn't be a difference.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Adjusting sliders in My League?

Postby Leander on Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am

Thanks! There shouldn't but I don't trust the game anymore. It just feels off. After adjusting my sliders and making everything a tad easier, I was leading by 24 in the third quarter when suddenly the CPU went nuts. I could not make shots anymore while the CPU played lightning-fast and was unstoppable. The run continued in the 4th quarter, the game was tied and I was lucky to get a close 114-112 win. Catch-up logic?

Moreover, I made an easy rotation test and set "user bench" to 100 and "performance factor" to 0. The game isn't able to handle rotations. Some numbers were correct but Porzingis and Doncic played 43 minutes instead of 36. Nowitzki and Lee were subbed in 1 minute before half time for the first time. :( Why can't the game call for an auto time out, then sub players according to the timeline?
Should I switch back to 2k17 or 15 for a better experience? I get frustrated every single game.

Leander

Return to NBA 2K19