Brooklyn Nets (8-7) | UNITY | NBA 2K19 My League

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Brooklyn Nets (8-7) | UNITY | NBA 2K19 My League

Postby Adamb34n on Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:40 am

Brooklyn Nets NBA 2K19 My League (PC)

---

SETTINGS

---

Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: 7 Games
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Sliders: Shady Mike's V4
Roster: NBA 2K Official (no current injuries/post trade deadline)

GAME FORMAT

---

I will play all games that I have predetermined to be IMPORTANT throughout the season. This will include all games that may be classified as national TV matchups. The rest will be simulated.

---

GAME REPORTS/VIDEOS

After each user played game, I will make articles/reports about them. I also want to make use of video highlights to showcase important plays and moments throughout the season.

---

INDEX

Articles: 2018-2019

---

The Brooklyn Nets 2018-2019 Season Preview

The Gang's TOP 3 Predictions: West/East

The October 2018 Recap

---

Game Recaps: 2018-2019

---

10-17-18 @ Detroit Pistons

10-19-18 vs. New York Knicks

10-28-18 vs. Golden State Warriors

11-12-18 @ Minnesota Timberwolves

11-14-18 vs. Miami Heat

---
Last edited by Adamb34n on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Adamb34n

Re: Brooklyn Nets (0-0) | UNITY | NBA 2K19 My League

Postby Adamb34n on Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:42 am

By: ESPN Staff

Is Brooklyn D'Angelo Russell's city now?

THE ROSTER
Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson
1 D'Angelo Russell PG CAPTAIN
24 Rondae Hollis-Jefferson SF
9 DeMarre Carroll PF
33 Allen Crabbe SG
22 Caris LeVert SF
6 Jared Dudley PF
8 Spencer Dinwiddie SG
31 Jarrett Allen C
30 Dzanan Musa SG
00 Rodions Kurucs SF
13 Shabazz Napier PG
17 Ed Davis C
12 Joe Harris SG
21 Treveon Graham SG
10 Theo Pinson (TW) SG
15 Alan Williams (TW) PF

FIVE YEARS AGO under pressure after the relocation, Brooklyn made one of the most bold trades in recent NBA history. Sacrificing youth for a shot at playoff success with an aging, but proven core kept fans and the city hopeful. After falling at the hands of the Big Three in Miami in five games, it was clear that Brooklyn's rebuilding efforts were pushed back for the foreseeable future. Danny Ainge had fleeced them and it only became more apparent as the seasons moved forward. Things were looking bleak, but fans and ownership are confident that they can get back in the playoff picture with a scrappy young core with budding superstar D'Angelo Russell at the helm.

"D'Angelo is one of those players who I believe we can rally and build around. As exciting as he is, he is capable of so much more than the media and fans want to give him credit for. He is in a great situation here with us and I really think he is going to silence doubters" coach Atkinson said when asked by our corresponding reporter. Atkinson has also named Russell the captain of his young squad. It will be interesting to see if getting out of Los Angeles will provide some much needed growth and maturity for the savvy point guard.

Will Joe Harris continue to provide some much needed shooting?

Among the young roster includes sharpshooter Joe Harris, who really transformed into a vital peace in what the Nets are trying to build. Head coach Kenny Atkinson has nothing but praise for Harris, and really thinks he can become one of the NBA's premier shooters this coming season, "Joe was commonly the first one in the gym and the last one out for all of training camp. He is a terrific young leader and he is going to be so important for what we want to do and build".

Can Spencer Dinwiddie build off a promising 17-18 campaign?

Spencer Dinwiddie is another guard Brooklyn can rely on to provide some scoring and leadership. Alongside Russell, the offense looks to be in good hands as one of them can be on the floor at all times for the Nets. "Spencer and I have really gotten close over the last couple of months. We work well on the floor together and opposing back courts are not going to have an easy time against us" Russell told us.

Is Caris Lavert primed for the next step?

For much of last season, one of the bright sports was the athletic Caris Lavert. he has shown flashes of being a more than capable slasher and his shooting is something to keep an eye out for. "Caris is one of the most exciting young players I have every had the pleasure to coach. I can't wait to see how he blossoms and handles an increased role" coach Atkinson said.

Along with Lavert, he is to be joined by DeMarre Carroll, Allen Crabbe, Rodions Kurucs, and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson as another player who the coaching staff is excited to watch among Brooklyn wing options. Along the front lines, the intimidating Jarrett Allen and steady Ed Davis headline a relatively thin rotation of bigs.

Brooklyn's Head Coach Kenny Atkinson looks to push for the playoffs in an open Eastern Conference

For Brooklyn, much of their success this season is going to boil down to how well they can make shots and defend against more talented teams. In the NBA, talent is obviously a large factor in the ability to win games. That doesn't mean that grit and effort can't prevail in many cases (The Boston Celtics during IT's tenure come to mind). These players are going to have to believe in each other, and coach Atkinson thinks the idea of unity and togetherness are vital. "There is no reason why we can't hang with any team in the association. The playoffs are our goal and we are going to do everything in our power to make that happen" Atkinson proclaimed.

Brooklyn opens up their season on Wednesday night in Detroit and their home opener will be televised right here on ESPN Friday versus their rivaling neighbor, the New York Knicks.

ESPN RECORD FORECAST: 43-39 (6th in the EAST)
Adamb34n

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:08 pm

Good to see a new story. Best of luck!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Adamb34n on Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:45 am

Andrew wrote:Good to see a new story. Best of luck!

Thanks! I'm excited to get going on this one. I have been lurking for a while and reading so many terrific older threads inspired me to create one of my own.
Adamb34n

Postby Adamb34n on Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:49 am

The Gang's TOP 3 Predictions: West/East
Inside the NBA on TNT

TNT intro plays

Ernie: Basketball season is upon us once again! After an off season of drama, change, and excitement, we are looking forward to seeing what is in store for our top teams in the league.

Charles (on Phone): Ernie, let's be real. WE ALL KNOW it's going to be Golden State winning in 4 or 5 games in the finals. I don't even know why we are broadcasting any of these games.

Ernie: Now now, Chuck. It is any...

Charles: Golden State added Demarcus Cousins and now it's come out that he is playing opening night. It is over for the rest of the league Ernie. I say they win 64 games.

Kenny: I think Houston will be right there with them once again in the Western Conference Finals as well, Chuck. Even though they lost Trevor Ariza, I think if Chris Paul can stay healthy they will give them a run for the money. Chalk 'em up for 58 wins.

Shaq: While we are on the Western Conference, I do have to agree with you two on the Warriors and the Rockets. They are both proven teams and if Houston is shooting lights out they are very hard to beat. For the third best team, I think I would have to go with either the Thunder or the Nuggets. If it was a life or death situation, I would have to slot in OKC at number 3 with 56 wins.

Ernie: Now looking out East, what are some thoughts that you guys have?

Kenny: I think all eyes are on the Boston Celtics. They are adding a healthy Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward back into a roster that took the King to 7 games in the conference finals last season. Assuming there are no problems, there is no reason why this team doesn't win 65 games.

Charles (on phone): See i think everyone is sleeping on the Toronto Raptors. Kawhi Leonard is going to put this team over the top and the addition of Marc Gasol can't be understated. They have so much young talent and I think this team will be right there with Boston in the end. 61 wins.

Shaq: Give some credit to the boys out in Philly. That starting five is arguably top 3 in the league and even if Ben Simmons doesn't learn how to shoot, they have enough talent there to succeed. They will probably win around 56 games.

Ernie: And that's all we have time for tonight on Inside the NBA! Tomorrow night on TNT the Philadelphia 76ers will travel to Boston in a rematch of last years semi-finals match-up. Following the game, the Oklahoma City Thunder will take on the defending champs in Oracle.

TNT outro plays
Adamb34n

Postby Adamb34n on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:51 am

Detroit Holds off Brooklyn's Late Rally in Season Opener
October 17, 2018
NBA.com
(0-1) Brooklyn Nets - 128 | (1-0) Detroit Pistons - 134

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson puts Jon Luer on a Poster

---

Lead by a rejuvenated Blake Griffin and hot shooting from their guards, the Detroit Pistons came out firing on all cylinders in their home debut. Dominating inside and out, Brooklyn simply did not have an answer for anything Detroit fired at them. Coach Atkinson was very critical of his team's defensive effort and did not hold back on what needs to improve, "The effort and IQ we showed on defense tonight was absolutely unacceptable. We aren't going to stand a chance in many games if we aren't going to communicate effectively and close out on shooters" .

The first half had the Nets constantly trying to stay within range of the Pistons, but Detroit overwhelmed them with sound passing and elite shooting. Guards Wayne Ellington and Glenn Robinson III were spectacular at spacing the floor. It created room for Blake Griffin to operate down low and he wasn't too shabby shooting the rock, either. Brooklyn eventually got their offense chugging along late in the half, but could not find any defensive consistency to keep them in the game early.

In the second half the Nets turned it up offensively. Attempting to keep pace with the Pistons, they tried to push the ball more in transition and they cut the lead to six late in the 3rd quarter. As the 4th went along, Brooklyn started to get hot from 3 and Allen Crabbe even had a personal 6-0 run of his own on three straight fast break layups. D'Angelo Russell was also a big part of the reason why Brooklyn made their run late. He kept everyone focused and the offense was much better in the second half as Brooklyn outscored Detroit 76-63. "I need to be better with my decision making," Russell said. "I am the leader of this team and it is my job to put us in the right postion to win the game. I need to be better on defense as well".

Joe Harris was the go to man down the stretch, hitting 2 threes with under a minute to go to pull within 5 points. Zaza Pachulia hit a big shot for Detroit (of course he did) and after playing the foul game, Detroit held on to edge out an opening night win. "I am proud of the way my boys played tonight," said Griffin. "We came out poised and stayed calm when they made their run late. If we can put together a full 48 minutes of solid defense I am confident for how our season will shape out to be".

---

---

POG: Blake Griffin - 38 points 5 assists 11 rebounds

---

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

phpBB [video]

I made up a highlight video of mostly offensive possessions from Brooklyn, with the last 90 seconds of our late game push uncut. Let me know what you want to see in video highlights!

---

UP NEXT FOR BROOKLYN

vs. New York Knicks (0-1)
@ Indiana Pacers (0-1)
@ Cleveland Cavaliers (1-0)

---

My Thoughts:
Even though I lost, this one was still a lot of fun. I haven't played 2K in a while so it may take me a bit to get back into the swing of things. I am enjoying Shadymike's sliders so far and they are really providing a more realistic and challenging aspect to the game.

Blake was just unstoppable and I soon realized how unprepared I was to handle him. Their shooters also came out and gave me trouble (Ellington and Robinson III), which I wasn't expecting. One player that did surprise me was Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. He was one of our lone bright spots on the defensive end and he is much more versatile on offense than I previously thought. I can't wait to play the home opener vs the Knicks!
Adamb34n

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:26 am

Tough loss to open the season, but an admirable effort in the second half. Interesting that Drummond was kind of a non-factor.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Adamb34n on Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:41 am

Andrew wrote:Tough loss to open the season, but an admirable effort in the second half. Interesting that Drummond was kind of a non-factor.

Yeah Drummond didn't really have an impact on this game at all. If he did I probably would have lost by much more considering the defense that I was playing!
Adamb34n

Postby Adamb34n on Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:15 am

Knicks Spoil Nets Home Opener
October 19, 2018
ESPN
(0-2) Brooklyn Nets - 87 | (1-1) New York Knicks - 108

The Nets walk off in disappointment after a monster performance from the Knicks

---

In a battle of New York, The Knicks waltzed into Brooklyn and handled their business convincingly. With a well balenced attack and solid rim protection from newly aquired Deandre Jordan, they put together a good enough game plan to win their first game of the young season. Coach Fizdale had some input to offer to reporters after the game, "I am so proud of how these guys played tonight. It is never easy coming into someone's arena on their home opener and playing the way they did. There are many positives we can take away from our performance tonight".

For Brooklyn, it was a world frustration on the offensive end all night. it seemed like no matter what they tried, they just couldn't get shots to fall. The turnover game was also not kind to them. "As a coach, it is my duty to offer my guys a game plan that works," Atkinson said. "Clearly what we were running wasn't successful on any front and I failed to make necessary adjustments. I take full blame for this one". Obviously, it can't all be put on the coach here. Brooklyn went a measly 6/26 from three and gave away way to many open buckets down low to Deandre Jordan. It was the opposite of the other day in Detroit, where they were pouring it in from deep and generally taking care of the ball.

It is still early for this young Brooklyn Nets squad, but there are clearly consistency issues brewing that need to be solved early. Can the shooting improve from within? Can Atkinson get these guys to commit to the defensive side of the ball? A positive from the night was Jarrett Allen, who ran the pick and roll effectively with Russell. "I can always really on Jarrett to be in the right positions so I can get him the ball. It is up to me to shoot more efficiently and make a better mark on the game," Russell said. The only problem is besides Allen, Brooklyn doesn't have much depth at the big positions. Coupled with woeful shooting, it isn't surprising that the Nets struggled so mightily. It will be interesting to see how Brooklyn responds in the next few games, especially with an early season tilt with Golden State coming up.

---

---

POG: Emmanuel Mudiay - 22 points 5 assists 2 rebounds

---

League Round Up (10-19-18)

---

UP NEXT FOR BROOKLYN

@ Indiana Pacers (0-2)
@ Cleveland Cavaliers (1-1)
@ New Orleans Pelicans (0-2)

vs. Golden State Warriors (1-1)

---

My Thoughts:
What an awful performance. I could not get any shots to fall and I had trouble keeping New York at bay in the paint. I definitely need to go and tweak with some playbook options and perhaps run some scrimmages to get more acquainted with some of these players. I'm still hopeful though, this team has promising talent.

Time will tell if I need to go out and get some shooting or big man help. It is hard to play when things aren't falling from deep and you can't really get much going in the post. I plan to play the next game when we visit Golden State, so that should certainly be a test on how well I can respond.
Adamb34n

Re: Brooklyn Nets (0-2) | UNITY | NBA 2K19 My League

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Really nice presentation; following. (Y) Sad you couldn't beat a bad team. :(
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:26 pm

Rough start, but even the 1991 Bulls started the season 0-3. Hope you can turn it around sooner rather than later!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Adamb34n on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 am

cavs4872 wrote:Really nice presentation; following. (Y) Sad you couldn't beat a bad team. :(

Thanks, good to hear!

Yeah I was definitely frustrated with that loss. I think it's just a mix of getting used to the players I have and finding an offense that clicks.

Andrew wrote:Rough start, but even the 1991 Bulls started the season 0-3. Hope you can turn it around sooner rather than later!

I'm not worried yet! Still a young team in a weak bottom half of the East. Hopefully I can start building a little momentum and get a rotation locked in that I'm confident with.
Adamb34n

Re: Brooklyn Nets (2-4) | UNITY | NBA 2K19 My League

Postby Adamb34n on Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:15 am

Curry's 51 Lead Shorthanded GSW to Victory in Brooklyn
October 28, 2018
NBA.com
(2-4) Brooklyn Nets - 102 | (4-2) Golden State Warriors - 136

Curry Drops a Blistering 51 in a Reminder of who is Golden State's Top Dog

---

It was a tale of two halves for the Brooklyn Nets, with the ever elusive 3rd quarter Warriors making an appearance that put the game away well before the 4th quarter. Coming in without an injured Klay Thompson (thigh contusion) and Kevin Durant (knee soreness), there was a ray of hope that Brooklyn would be able to take advantage. They came out hot, hitting threes that previously haven't been falling. it was a only a matter of time before Steph Curry would get going and his teammate Demarcus Cousins (30 points), made his presence known. "To see the two combine for 81 points was truly remarkable," coach Steve Kerr remarked after the game, "We were down two very important players and they both kept us afloat. Steph is unreal, that's all I can say".

Even though they lost by a whopping 34 points, thew way the Nets played in the first half is encouraging. The offense looked as smooth as it had been all season and shots were falling. Coach Kenny Atkinson was pleased with the movement on that end of the floor, but stresses that when you play a team like the Warriors, even down two of their all-stars, you can't turn over the ball, "Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. They caught up with us and put us at such a disadvantage in the second half. We need to start putting together full 48 minute efforts. Credit to Steve for keeping his guys settled and having the best shooter on the planet is obviously a big help". Hollis-Jefferson stayed aggressive and lead the Nets with 18 points in the scoring column. Russell had a modest night, but should be looking to make better decisions with the basketball.

If there is one major takeaway from this game, it's that Steph Curry is still, well, Steph Curry. Since the arrival of Kevin Durant, it has been debated on if he has stifled Curry as the number one option. It clearly hasn't mattered, as they have won back to back championships and field arguably the most dominant team of all time. This game is further proof that Curry can take over whenever he needs to and even if the Warriors have an injury or two come playoff time, they will be a tough team to beat.

---

---

POG: Steph Curry - 51 points 8 assists 9 rebounds

---

BROOKLYN'S PLAY OF THE GAME

phpBB [video]

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson adds Draymond Green to his list of posters to start the young season

---

SIMULATED GAMES

---

UP NEXT FOR BROOKLYN

---

My Thoughts:
In all honesty, I'm not entirely disappointed in this loss. The way we played in the first half was how I've been trying to operate on the offensive end in all of the games I have taken control of. Yeah, they were missing Thompson and Durant but the third quarter Warriors are VERY REAL, even in a video game. Curry was insane and there wasn't much I could do, even after defensive adjustments, to contain him. Demarcus was stepping out and hitting threes proving for a very tough match-up. I don't want to see this team at full strength :roll:.

Hollis-Jefferson is a very useful player and I definitely need to find a way to improve his shot. Overall, it hasn't been the greatest start to this season as we stand at 2-4 after I simulated a few games. I'm not sure which one I'll play next. I was thinking about Philly considering they are in our division.
Adamb34n

Postby Jackie77 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:10 am

Adamb34n wrote:
By: ESPN Staff

[ Image ]

Is Brooklyn D'Angelo Russell's city now?

THE ROSTER
Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson
1 D'Angelo Russell PG CAPTAIN
24 Rondae Hollis-Jefferson SF
9 DeMarre Carroll PF
33 Allen Crabbe SG
22 Caris LeVert SF
6 Jared Dudley PF
8 Spencer Dinwiddie SG
31 Jarrett Allen C
30 Dzanan Musa SG
00 Rodions Kurucs SF
13 Shabazz Napier PG
17 Ed Davis C
12 Joe Harris SG
21 Treveon Graham SG
10 Theo Pinson (TW) SG
15 Alan Williams (TW) PF

FIVE YEARS AGO under pressure after the relocation, Brooklyn made one of the most bold trades in recent NBA history. Sacrificing youth for a shot at playoff success with an aging, but proven core kept fans and the city hopeful. After falling at the hands of the Big Three in Miami in five games, it was clear that Brooklyn's rebuilding efforts were pushed back for the foreseeable future. Danny Ainge had fleeced them and it only became more apparent as the seasons moved forward. Things were looking bleak, but fans and ownership are confident that they can get back in the playoff picture with a scrappy young core with budding superstar D'Angelo Russell at the helm.

"D'Angelo is one of those players who I believe we can rally and build around. As exciting as he is, he is capable of so much more than the media and fans want to give him credit for. He is in a great situation here with us and I really think he is going to silence doubters" coach Atkinson said when asked by our corresponding reporter. Atkinson has also named Russell the captain of his young squad. It will be interesting to see if getting out of Los Angeles will provide some much needed growth and maturity for the savvy point guard.

[ Image ]

Will Joe Harris continue to provide some much needed shooting?

Among the young roster includes sharpshooter Joe Harris, who really transformed into a vital peace in what the Nets are trying to build. Head coach Kenny Atkinson has nothing but praise for Harris, and really thinks he can become one of the NBA's premier shooters this coming season, "Joe was commonly the first one in the gym and the last one out for all of training camp. He is a terrific young leader and he is going to be so important for what we want to do and build".

[ Image ]

Can Spencer Dinwiddie build off a promising 17-18 campaign?

Spencer Dinwiddie is another guard Brooklyn can rely on to provide some scoring and leadership. Alongside Russell, the offense looks to be in good hands as one of them can be on the floor at all times for the Nets. "Spencer and I have really gotten close over the last couple of months. We work well on the floor together and opposing back courts are not going to have an easy time against us" Russell told us.

[ Image ]

Is Caris Lavert primed for the next step?

For much of last season, one of the bright sports was the athletic Caris Lavert. he has shown flashes of being a more than capable slasher and his shooting is something to keep an eye out for. "Caris is one of the most exciting young players I have every had the pleasure to coach. I can't wait to see how he blossoms and handles an increased role" coach Atkinson said.

Along with Lavert, he is to be joined by DeMarre Carroll, Allen Crabbe, Rodions Kurucs, and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson as another player who the coaching staff is excited to watch among Brooklyn wing options. Along the front lines, the intimidating Jarrett Allen and steady Ed Davis headline a relatively thin rotation of bigs.

[ Image ]

Brooklyn's Head Coach Kenny Atkinson looks to push for the playoffs in an open Eastern Conference

For Brooklyn, much of their success this season is going to boil down to how well they can make shots and defend against more talented teams. In the NBA, talent is obviously a large factor in the ability to win games. That doesn't mean that grit and effort can't prevail in many cases (The Boston Celtics during IT's tenure come to mind). These players are going to have to believe in each other, and coach Atkinson thinks the idea of unity and togetherness are vital. "There is no reason why we can't hang with any team in the association. The playoffs are our goal and we are going to do everything in our power to make that happen" Atkinson proclaimed.
paris airports transfers
Brooklyn opens up their season on Wednesday night in Detroit and their home opener will be televised right here on ESPN Friday versus their rivaling neighbor, the New York Knicks.

ESPN RECORD FORECAST: 43-39 (6th in the EAST)

This is the best
Jackie77

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:59 pm

Philly should be a fun matchup.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Adamb34n on Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:48 am

The October 2018 Recap
October 31, 2018
NBA.com

---

Division Standings

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

---

PPG Leaders Around the NBA

---

Transactions to Report

---

Injury Report

---

Brooklyn Nets Player Stats

---

SIMULATED GAMES

---

Some Quick League Wide Analysis

After a quick two weeks of the season has flown by, it is worthwhile to take a quick look at some of the early surprises and expected success of the teams around the association. First off out East, the LeBron-less Cavs and young upstart Hawks have jumped out to a 5-2 record in the early going. Both teams have shown fire and spunk and are quickly reminding everyone that just because you are young, doesn't mean you can't compete. On the other hand, the Toronto Raptors have looked sluggish and uninspiring. Standing at 2-6, the Kawhi Leonard experiment has gotten off to a rocky start, to say the least. It will be telling on how well Nick Nurse can get his guys to turn it around.

Out West, Golden State, Houston, and OKC have all gotten out to hot starts (to no one's surpise). Boogie has looked unphased after his recovery from injury and Steph Curry hasn't missed a beat. Houston has looked just fine without Trevor Ariza, and after the departure of Carmelo Anthony OKC has flourished at both ends of the floor. The Pelicans and Suns remain winless and the LeBron James era in the city of angels has gotten off to a mediocre 3-4 beginning. it is also worth to note that the Timberwolves are 5-2, as well.

Steph Curry and rookie Trae Young are both averaging north of 30 points per game, as the rookie looks to impress fans early. Looking at the injury report, Kyle Lowry's broken leg has clearly hindered Toronto's ability to win games. Pat Beverly is looking at a daunting recovery time of 4-6 months, which would put his return right around the playoffs at the latest.
---

Brooklyn Nets Analysis

At the conclusion of October of 2018, the Brooklyn Nets stand at 4-4. This is fitting for an inconsistent team who has had some highs and lows while trying to figure out their true identity. D'Angelo Russell has shown a borderline elite ability to dish the rock and his team has benefited in many situations because of it. Joe Harris has answered the call for more shooting, with impressive percentages from the field and from three. Lavert and Hollis-Jefferson have begun to show that they are one of the most promising wing tandems in the league as they continue to develop. Up front, Jarrett Allen has shown flashes of being a more than capable rim protector and has provided Brooklyn with continuity and dependability at the five spot. Looking at the bench, Dinwiddie has built upon a standout 17-18 campaign as he has been a reliable scorer and distributor when Russell steps off the floor.

it is worthwhile to pay attention to this Nets team as November rolls along. Coach Atkinson before the season said that the playoffs are the goal, and getting out to a solid start to the season is an important stepping stone. Brooklyn is certainly capable, but it remains to be seen if they can stay consistent enough to do so. There haven't been any rumblings of trades or staff changes to this point, but it could be interesting if they attempt to chase after a piece to give them another go to scorer to pair with D'Angelo Russell.
Adamb34n

Re: Brooklyn Nets (4-4) | UNITY | NBA 2K19 My League

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:51 am

Somehow, I could see the Bulls bringing in Zach Randolph years too late. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Brooklyn Nets (4-4) | UNITY | NBA 2K19 My League

Postby Adamb34n on Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:34 pm

D'Angelo Russell Drops 30 as Nets Scrape by Wolves
November 12, 2018
NBA.com
(7-7) Brooklyn Nets - 102 | (8-6) Minnesota Timberwolves - 100

D'Angelo Russell had the Wolves rolling with his 30 point effort

---

With a hungry wolf pack coming in to continue their hot start to the season (8-5), the Nets answered the bell early. Jumping out to a quick 11-2 lead, the Brooklyn faithful saw the offensive potential and defensive grit that these players must carry to find success in the young season. The Timberwolves were quick to respond though and the game proved to be a fun back and forth contest with a thrilling finish in the final minutes, "This one was a blast," Russell told reporters after the contest, "Games like these are so important for us. Being able to keep composure late in the game and having the ability to respond when they make a big run is a testament to how we operate on both ends of the floor".

Russell had a very sound game offensively, dropping 30 points and seemingly was able to get anywhere on the floor whenever he wanted to. Spencer Dinwiddie was instrumental off the bench, pumping in 21 points in an efficient effort. The back court tandem also saw some floor time together, and coach Atkinson says that we may see more of that as the season progresses, "Having both of them share the court gives us a different look on offense. Having more than one ball handler is handy and they play off each other very well. It was a pleasure to watch tonight" . Joe Harris continued to provide reliable offense and Caris Lavert had some big plays that were surely game changers. An underrated aspect of Brooklyn's game plan is also having DeMarre Carroll at their disposal. he hasn't seen big minutes yet, which he has been previously accustomed to, but he is definitely showing that he can be someone you can call when you need another wing defender and some three pointers.

Timberwolves coach Tom Thibodeau was very critical about the officiating after the game which saw the Wolves only shoot 9 free throws compared to the Nets 30, "The officiating was absolutely unacceptable tonight. Fine me, discipline me, I don't care. There is no reason why we should have been awarded 21 less attempts. We were attacking just as much as they were". The Wolves had an admirable effort on the night, after getting down early. They played an even game after the first half, in spite of the free throw discrepancy, but just couldn't finish it off in the end. With an 8-6 start to the season, they are looking to stay in the thick of the playoff race and being in the west, every game counts.
---

---

POG: D'Angelo Russell- 30 points 4 rebounds 5 assists

---

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

phpBB [video]

Here is the last six minutes of the game!

---

SIMULATED GAMES

Image]

---

UP NEXT FOR BROOKLYN

vs. Miami Heat (9-4)
@ Washington Wizards (7-7)
vs. Los Angeles Clippers (3-10)

---

My Thoughts:
I FINALLY GOT A WIN IN A USER PLAYED GAME. The CPU can be very difficult to stop and I knew they were going to make a run even though I was up early. The final eight or so minutes of the game were nerve racking, which proved for a fun experience. I like the way the team is starting to come together on offense, and for stretches they can be very dominant on defense. Dinwiddie was tremendous in this one and I am starting to get a feel for how to utilize him better.

Sorry for the ten day hiatus. I found it very hard to find time for games in the past week but I think I worked out a schedule where I can post more consistently. I am going to attempt to make posts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday every week. I'll play 4 or 5 games a month (in game), while simming the rest, to progress through the season in a timely manner.
Adamb34n

Re: Brooklyn Nets (7-7) | UNITY | NBA 2K19 My League

Postby wdt92 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:02 am

That is an exciting game! D'Lo really is standing out in that performance for you. I noticed in your sim you're sitting at .500 (7-7) in your images. Are you finding the narrative becoming him having to stand out in those sims that you're winning, or has the narrative been more of a united front like you expected?
wdt92

Postby Adamb34n on Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:54 pm

wdt92 wrote:That is an exciting game! D'Lo really is standing out in that performance for you. I noticed in your sim you're sitting at .500 (7-7) in your images. Are you finding the narrative becoming him having to stand out in those sims that you're winning, or has the narrative been more of a united front like you expected?

While D'Angelo has certainly been the clear cut go to guy on the team, everyone as a whole has really come together as a good ensemble to him. Lavert is a great back court running mate and Dinwiddie off the bench has been really useful. With the way the current team is constructed, I think team ball is the only way to grind out wins unless I go out and chase a legitimate trade piece to pair with Russell. The front court is pretty thin, so that is certainly an area I might look at if the team begins to struggle.

I want to ride out what I have so I am hesitant to make any drastic moves to keep it more realistic. We will see how the season continues to progress, should be interesting! Thanks for following, it's much appreciated.
Adamb34n

Postby wdt92 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:19 am

Adamb34n wrote:
wdt92 wrote:That is an exciting game! D'Lo really is standing out in that performance for you. I noticed in your sim you're sitting at .500 (7-7) in your images. Are you finding the narrative becoming him having to stand out in those sims that you're winning, or has the narrative been more of a united front like you expected?

While D'Angelo has certainly been the clear cut go to guy on the team, everyone as a whole has really come together as a good ensemble to him. Lavert is a great back court running mate and Dinwiddie off the bench has been really useful. With the way the current team is constructed, I think team ball is the only way to grind out wins unless I go out and chase a legitimate trade piece to pair with Russell. The front court is pretty thin, so that is certainly an area I might look at if the team begins to struggle.

I want to ride out what I have so I am hesitant to make any drastic moves to keep it more realistic. We will see how the season continues to progress, should be interesting! Thanks for following, it's much appreciated.

That sounds like the best way to do it. I definitely like the team first basketball! (Y)
wdt92

Postby Adamb34n on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:54 pm

Nets Erase 10 Point Deficit in Final Minute to Stun Surging Heat
November 14, 2018
NBA.com
(8-7) Brooklyn Nets - 129 | (9-5) Miami Heat - 124

Russell Hits the Game Tying Shot as Time Expires in the 4th

---

ONE MINUTE was all that was left as the Nets stared down a 10 point hole on the heels of a late Miami Heat surge. A Justice Winslow steal and slam capped off what was seemingly the end of the night for the Heat - until it wasn't. Most teams would have phoned it in by this point, and to be quite honest most fans probably turned off their TV in frustration. Brooklyn had played from behind most of the night and just couldn't seem to get the necessary stops to propel them into the lead. Kenny Atkinson urged his team to get quick shots and put pressure on them, but the comeback wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the clutch shot making of Joe Harris and Caris Lavert, "There is a reason why most teams don't pull off late game heroics like we did tonight. We made the necessary shots at the right time and all the credit in the world goes to Joe and Caris".

D'Angelo Russell was no slouch, either. he nearly pumped in a triple double and ran the offense effectively. His aggressiveness going to the basket turned into trips to the foul line that were ever so important. Let us also not forget the incredible shot he hit as time ran out in the 4th quarter to drag his Nets into overtime. "To be honest, I didn't handle the last possession very well," Russell remarked after the contest, "I lost the ball being careless with it but Rondae had my back to save it. I just made a very difficult shot. These are the moments you prepare for all summer long. There are countless situations that you never know you might get into". Hollis-Jefferson seemed to make the right plays all night as well. Whether it be rolling to the basket for easy points or his versatility on defense, the Nets wouldn't have been in the position to win without him.

Overtime was the culmination of the back and forth nature of the game. The ever so clutch Dwayne Wade had his teammates in the right places to make plays, but their luck ran out at the end of overtime. "These are moments that can be learned from, especially for the young guys," Wade said, "I've been through it all. Most of these guys haven't. We have had a great start to the year and this is simply a bump in the road to where we ultimately want to be". Coming into this game, Miami was riding of the wave of an impressive start to the season. They have some weapons to make some noise in the East, but losses like this are what motivate teams to have better focus and composure late in games. For the Nets, this win is certainly a statement for their young core. They had four guys score 20 or more points and showcased their never-give-up attitude that has been apparent since the season opener in Detroit. Is this the game that gives the Nets some momentum to reel off some wins? It will certainly be telling if they can begin to break away from the .500 ball that has manifested from the consistency issues. Whatever happens, there is one message that is clear. This team will not die, no matter the circumstances. Teams should be weary of that from this point forward.
---

---

POG: D'Angelo Russell - 30 points 7 rebounds 11 assists

---

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

phpBB [video]

Here is the Final Minute Surge and Overtime!

---

UP NEXT FOR BROOKLYN

@ Washington Wizards (9-5)
vs. Los Angeles Clippers (3-10)
@ Miami Heat (9-5)

---

My Thoughts:
This was hands down the most fun I have ever had in a 2K game. I have never been more hyped than during the final minute. My friend was watching me play and he was getting into it too, talk about pressure! When D-Lo hit that shot we were going absolutely crazy. I really hope this gives us some momentum as I'm really enjoying this squad. I was amazed at the shots we were hitting down the stretch, unbelievably clutch games from everyone.
Adamb34n

Re: Brooklyn Nets (8-7) | UNITY | NBA 2K19 My League

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:44 pm

Awesome victory, and proof that it's worth playing until the final buzzer! Random online teammates could learn a thing or two from that. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby wdt92 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:33 am

Wow! So a lot of big shots here. D'Angelo's game-tying shot was obviously a highlight, as was Joe Harris' big threes going into Overtime and the one in OT to put you guys up 127-124. Whiteside is a bit disrespected in your game though. You guys clobbered him on his big offensive board before overtime, and refs swallowed their whistle. Then when he went up against D'Angelo in Overtime, D'Lo was just short of punching Whiteside in the mouth for the defensive play. :lol: All in all though a very exciting game, glad you pulled out that win! D'Lo is definitely looking to be the leader of your team, but from this game, I can actually see Allen quietly becoming an enforcer type for the team. Like a Steven Adams though, or at least more so than like a Rick Mahorn.
wdt92

Postby Adamb34n on Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:35 am

Andrew wrote:Awesome victory, and proof that it's worth playing until the final buzzer! Random online teammates could learn a thing or two from that. ;)

The urge to rage quit when you think it is over is so strong, but this is definitely proof that ANYTHING is possible. Online teammates could learn from that for sure!
Adamb34n

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood