Dear LiveJournal,

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Dear LiveJournal,

Postby mp3 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:58 am

Right now when Iam working full time Iam getting roughly £1200pm minus rent, internet, childcare,gas, electric, council tax, phone etc Iam left with £120-130 to last 4-5 weeks so that has to cover food plus days out with my daughter when I have her even just staying close to home and getting ice cream and be costly around here
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:27 am

Definitely agree with Eric. It is what it is when financial hardship hits, and if you've got family that are willing to give you a roof and help out when times are tough, it's a blessing even if it isn't ideal.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:42 am

Yeah cheers mate I am planning on speaking to her tomorrow see if the offer still stands but I don't see the point of keeping this place going if Iam just running up debts
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Absolutely. It's not worth the pride or any of the other drawbacks, which are minor compared to financial strain. Hope it all works out!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:06 am

Cheers Andrew,

Well speaking to my mum went well so didn't think I'd be saying this at my age but looks like I'll be moving back in with her in about a week, other good news is I was able to buy back my PS4 today as the rest of my outstanding wages were finally paid into my bank so ps4 and the rest paid off my outstanding rent so overall not a bad start to the day
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:30 am

Great to hear! Hope it all goes well, and helps you stay on track until the next opportunity comes along.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:23 pm

Well I finally have some good news to share instead of doom and gloom!

Things didn't go well with my landlord in terms of moving out over the rent arrears but I finally moved in to my mum's house last week and it is a huge adjustment for both of us but it's better than my old situation and I had applied for a decent job close by the week before I moved in which they gave me an interview last week which went really well and the next day I received an email inviting me back in for a 2nd interview.

Well today was that 2nd interview and I've just come out from what I can now call my place of employment as after a 2nd hour long interview they decided to offer me the job there and then!!

I start on Monday !!

It's funny because the company make Heat regulated wire cable and there logo has the word "Heat" that looks exactly the same as the Miami Heat's logo minus the little flame coming off the end of letter T.

As a Knicks fan i decided Iam more than ok working for Heat lol.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:47 pm

Good stuff, congrats on the new gig! Hope it's the first step back on the road to where you want to be.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:14 pm

Cheers mate!
mp3

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:09 am

Glad things are working out for you.

Finally things are starting to look up for me. I was laid off from my job in December but I was kinda okay with it because I didn't enjoy that job anyways. I had continued to work part time on weekends at my second job until a manager spot opened up which I wound up getting. After a planned trip to Japan, I started this last week and it's been great so far. Plus, I started talking to this girl who's still talking to me and still seems interested after going out 4 times now. Usually I get ghosted after the first meet up or even before, so I'm hoping this leads to something more!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:52 am

Eric my man well done mate!

Hope things work out with the Girl and of course going to Japan, that's somewhere I really want to visit just for the food alone, Ramen.. Beef rice bowls, sushi among other things since I started watching "Aboard in Japan"... "Ericsurf6"... And "Life where Iam from" on YouTube.

Cheers for the kind words too mate it's not easy being out of work and iam glad that I can start getting my life back together from next week too!
mp3

Postby Murat on Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:56 am

A few weeks ago I searched my old username (Badger). I had various issues in my life at my earlier times at Forum (around 2010). These reflected onto my last post with username Rudy, resulting with a ban. I was frustrated again, this time getting banned when there were only 2 months left to receive my Custom Title. At that time I had dreams of having one as users who had Custom Title were always given priority in patch requests, answers, etc.

Few days later I opened my 2nd account (this one). I started replying any topic I see to boost my post number, no matter what the context was. Often times my posts were irrelevant, but I never cared. I just enjoyed being the annoying guy (I didn't do anything to result a ban that time, as my personal issues were recovering). My only goal was having a high post number and a custom title to be relevant. Straight up inferiority. But I was just young, now I realize how dumb my posts were.

Eventually Jao did not give me my custom title, y'all even made jokes on that, but I never had any hard feelings (I should not). Instead I felt it was the right decision, because my attempts never made NLSC a better forum.

I finally received my Custom Title in 2014 or sometime near. But the damage was done.

I'm sorry, NLSC, for the posts I've written. I really would like to edit my old posts, but it would be too time consuming. I would like to thank the administrators (especially JaoSming and Andrew) for handling me and my posts pretty well.

For anyone who looks at this reply, over 3,000 of my replies are probably nonsense.

edit: did not see mp3's recent news. congrats!
Last edited by Murat on Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lean on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:52 am

mp3 wrote:...it's not easy being out of work...

Indeed, man. I had this phase for two years where I lost my job during the first quarter of the new year. Currently doing okay in my present work (EDIT: I hope posting this won't get me jinxed or something), and I was hoping to apply for another YouTube channel but I just couldn't find the time in doing their test video (this time it's a UK-based YouTube content creator focused on gaming and dry humor).

I had a hard time looking for work locally, maybe because I'm 32 and I'm probably too old to be employed in offices here. There was a point in 2017 that my application was rejected because I was "overqualified." I didn't ask if they were telling the truth or they just said that to make myself feel less shitty. :lol:

Q wrote:After a planned trip to Japan, I started this last week and it's been great so far.

Good to hear, Q! Is this trip the one where you get to watch an NJPW event?

Plus, I started talking to this girl who's still talking to me and still seems interested after going out 4 times now. Usually I get ghosted after the first meet up or even before, so I'm hoping this leads to something more!

I gave up in looking for a relationship, the last girl I looked out to go out with was taken by my friend. So there it is.

But hey at least I got to play Mario Kart with her one time...
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:15 am

Cheers Lean, I found it very difficult at 38 to find work especially as I had worked 16 straight years in my first job, I was a supervisor, a first aider and even had set of keys lol then when I left there I worked for 4 straight years in my next job but the last two years I've worked for 6 different companies and today they did clarify that they were concerned over that as they refer to it as "Job hopping" but said they would always give people a chance to explain why they did so.

Luckily for me the job I went for fitted my work experience perfectly but it did clear up in mind why employers didn't even give me an interview if they just looked at my last two years and thought I won't stick around which isn't the case.
mp3

Postby Lean on Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:29 pm

Yeah they tend to judge upon looking at your listed job history, and they somehow just look at it without letting you tell your side of the story.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:48 pm

Lean wrote:I had a hard time looking for work locally, maybe because I'm 32 and I'm probably too old to be employed in offices here.

That's BS it's true. I'm 26 and in my third job. The division in my last job got dissolved and as a result got laid off.

I got a job because of nepotism basically (my mom is a friend of the owner of the company I'm currently in) and I plan on leaving after a year for experience but with our country current climate and my doubts in my skills in the field that I'm in, I don't know though.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:47 pm

Murat wrote:A few weeks ago I searched my old username (Badger). I had various issues in my life at my earlier times at Forum (around 2010). These reflected onto my last post with username Rudy, resulting with a ban. I was frustrated again, this time getting banned...
Few days later I opened my 2nd account (this one)

iirc it's against the rules for a banned user to create another account. A ban is a ban. Farewell again Badger. jk

Lean wrote:I'm 32 and I'm probably too old to be employed in offices here. There was a point in 2017 that my application was rejected because I was "overqualified."

They wanted a lackey they could 'teach' and boss around, they won't be able to do that if you have better credentials than your superior/s.

Feels good reading the good news in this thread.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:45 pm

mp3 wrote:Eric my man well done mate!

Hope things work out with the Girl and of course going to Japan, that's somewhere I really want to visit just for the food alone, Ramen.. Beef rice bowls, sushi among other things since I started watching "Aboard in Japan"... "Ericsurf6"... And "Life where Iam from" on YouTube.

Thank you. all the food in Japan was fucking amazing. It's actually ruined Japanese food for me here at home lol
Something as simple as a rice bowl... I've had thousands here but when I had one where I instantly knew that was the best one I've ever had. Had a lot of "best ever"s over there

Lean wrote:
mp3 wrote:...it's not easy being out of work...

Indeed, man. I had this phase for two years where I lost my job during the first quarter of the new year. Currently doing okay in my present work (EDIT: I hope posting this won't get me jinxed or something), and I was hoping to apply for another YouTube channel but I just couldn't find the time in doing their test video (this time it's a UK-based YouTube content creator focused on gaming and dry humor).

I had a hard time looking for work locally, maybe because I'm 32 and I'm probably too old to be employed in offices here. There was a point in 2017 that my application was rejected because I was "overqualified." I didn't ask if they were telling the truth or they just said that to make myself feel less shitty. :lol:

At 32, I looked back at the 5 years I had spent with this company and realized I really had nothing to show for it after being let go by them. I was not getting any responses from employers (even when I was applying when I was still employed) but luckily I was already working for this company so it was an easy hire for them.

Lean wrote:
Q wrote:After a planned trip to Japan, I started this last week and it's been great so far.

Good to hear, Q! Is this trip the one where you get to watch an NJPW event?

Didn't wind up going to watch NJPW, but that's probably something I'd like to do next time.

Lean wrote:
Plus, I started talking to this girl who's still talking to me and still seems interested after going out 4 times now. Usually I get ghosted after the first meet up or even before, so I'm hoping this leads to something more!

I gave up in looking for a relationship, the last girl I looked out to go out with was taken by my friend. So there it is.

But hey at least I got to play Mario Kart with her one time...

You know, I've had the worst fucking luck with women. I would lose hope again and again to the point where at times, I'd think to myself there's no point in trying. But you know what? I thought to myself I'm not the prettiest guy out there, so I really had to put in the work and really try for it. I knew it wouldn't come easy. If you don't try, then the result will always be the same. Trying give you a shot at the very least. and it's a fucking numbers game. You gotta go through so many people before you get lucky enough to find someone who's willing to put up with your shit.

I had tried dating apps in the past before, and had 0 luck but I kept trying to find new ones to see if it could change my luck. And it did. After finally getting to CHAT with girls, I felt like I was slowly but surely inching closer to my goal with every new girl that I had met. Every girl had ghosted me during a conversation or even after meeting me once in person. But then I met someone who was willing to see me a second time. It didn't work out, because I really wasn't into her but at least she wanted to see more of me. and that was a step in the right direction. Then I met a girl in December who I wound up seeing 4 times in a span of a month before she ghosted me. Progress. Met another girl for one date that she at least had the decency to reject me instead of ghost me afterwards, but then I met this one and everything is shockingly going well

Fuck your friends, you have to have the mentality to get yours. You have to take charge of your love life, you can't just sit back and pity yourself and expect it to change all on its own.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 pm

The only advice I can give you on the women from his to not try as hard guys, maybe Iam not best person to advise right now as I've not long come out of 17 year relationship (8 years married) but when I was younger I used to try so hard, too hard in fact. I'd pick up the odd girl sure but it would never last but it's when I took my effort down a notch and stopped trying to put on a show that normal good girls (marriage material) started to give me a chance, I think the point Iam trying to make is just be yourself and be real, Iam told girls appreciate that more
mp3

Postby Lean on Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:10 am

Yeah, it's a matter of getting confident again, I guess. The past couple of years, getting in a relationship wasn't my priority.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:49 pm

mp3 wrote:The only advice I can give you on the women from his to not try as hard guys, maybe Iam not best person to advise right now as I've not long come out of 17 year relationship (8 years married) but when I was younger I used to try so hard, too hard in fact. I'd pick up the odd girl sure but it would never last but it's when I took my effort down a notch and stopped trying to put on a show that normal good girls (marriage material) started to give me a chance, I think the point Iam trying to make is just be yourself and be real, Iam told girls appreciate that more

Lean wrote:Yeah, it's a matter of getting confident again, I guess. The past couple of years, getting in a relationship wasn't my priority.

I can't really speak for Lean, but when instead of picking up "the odd girl" once in a while, getting ZERO girls and not having any girls to talk to even talk to on a regular basis was really holding me back. There's no "getting confident again" if you aren't putting yourself in good or winning situations. Even if I managed to get a girl to text with me or even meet in person, like I said it felt like I just gained progress and momentum with each one. It was at the very least good practice especially for someone who wasn't getting much practice at all.

I guess my point is that for 32 years I've been "myself" and "real" and it's gotten me absolutely nowhere until this last month when I got lucky with this one. Unless you look like Justin Timberlake or something, you can't expect to get any better or expect results sitting at home feeling sorry for yourself just waiting for something to happen. It's not going to happen on its own!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:01 am

In other news, my life took a very dark turn after deciding to not pursue my pre-med course. My life has gone to shit and for the past 2/3 years, I've been slowly drowning myself in alcohol - which explains my absence in the modding scene and the forums. I'd like to say that I've been drinking with my friends but honestly now it's mostly just me. It's a tough pill to swallow when you're supposed to be this over-achiever in high school then flame out like this in college. Oh well at least we have LeBron for more seasons to come :?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:11 am

Sorry to hear it, man. Hope things pick up again soon.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:20 am

Sorry to hear this Kevin, only advice I can give you if what I've lived through and that is my wife (ex.. whatever) was the same in highschool, everyone (mostly her parents) expected big things from her and she didn't know which way to turn went she got to college but she's 32 now and has figured it out, she is finishing up her teaching degree but I don't think you can put a time scale on what you want to do with your life you have to find your path and sometimes you have to struggle before it comes to you so don't worry about things mate it will come to you when it's ready.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:06 am

Agreed. Everyone's path and timeframe is different.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic