EAST and WEST Win % since 1977

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

EAST and WEST Win % since 1977

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:45 am

Win % between the East and West since 1977.

Between 80 and 89, the East was the powerhouse. And the East owned the 90's, having a higher win percentage in 6 out of the 10 years.

From 2000-2015, the East only had a better win % than the West once (2009) I couidn't find the data for 2016 though 2018, but going by records it looks like it's in the same ballpark as almost every year from 2000 to 2015.

Data like this should be looked at by any fan of the NBA. As it shows how tough the competition was through the playoffs. Getting to the finals in the West, has been much harder, not only because of more tough games during the season, but also the rounds leading to the finals. It gives you a great appreciation for Bird, Jordan, Erving, Thomas for winning in the tough East, and players like Duncan, Kobe/Shaq, Curry winning in the tough West. Can't forget the players who didn't win because of the tough conf they were in, Nash/Amare, Ewing, Wilkins, etc

"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: EAST and WEST Win % since 1977

Postby mp3 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:31 am

Well Michael Jordan is responsible for stopping the Knicks for so many years in the 90's from making the finals when we were a team to be reckoned with, I think in a few years with this year's draft class the league could be pretty balanced especially if Leonard stays in Toronto and AD was to come to your Celtics Dee
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:30 am

mp3 wrote:Well Michael Jordan is responsible for stopping the Knicks for so many years in the 90's from making the finals when we were a team to be reckoned with, I think in a few years with this year's draft class the league could be pretty balanced especially if Leonard stays in Toronto and AD was to come to your Celtics Dee

I'm not interested in AD the person, AD the competitor. Maybe I could grow to like him over time, but after that fiasco before the trade deadline, and how I believe he quit on his team mid-season, that's not a player I can cheer for.

I'd rather keep the roster we have and grow together, and if someone on the current roster isn't bought in or wants out (even the caliber of a Kyrie), I don't want them in Celtics green, either. You don't win with players who have one foot in and one foot out, they need to be 100% invested in the team.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:10 am

I just don't see the Celtics given up to much if they did go after AD this summer, Danny just isn't that type of guy
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby [Q] on Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Is it just me or has the east been a lot better this year?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:36 pm

[Q] wrote:Is it just me or has the east been a lot better this year?

I'd have to see the win%, but yes it seems that way. The top teams are certainly more formidable, while teams like the Pistons look better.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:28 am

Dee4Three wrote:Win % between the East and West since 1977.

Between 80 and 89, the East was the powerhouse. And the East owned the 90's, having a higher win percentage in 6 out of the 10 years.

From 2000-2015, the East only had a better win % than the West once (2009) I couidn't find the data for 2016 though 2018, but going by records it looks like it's in the same ballpark as almost every year from 2000 to 2015.

Data like this should be looked at by any fan of the NBA. As it shows how tough the competition was through the playoffs. Getting to the finals in the West, has been much harder, not only because of more tough games during the season, but also the rounds leading to the finals. It gives you a great appreciation for Bird, Jordan, Erving, Thomas for winning in the tough East, and players like Duncan, Kobe/Shaq, Curry winning in the tough West. Can't forget the players who didn't win because of the tough conf they were in, Nash/Amare, Ewing, Wilkins, etc

[ Image ]

Thanks, it also give an appreciation about East weakness during the LeBron's 8 finals era...
sticky-fingers

Return to NBA & Basketball