How to stop this CPU cheese? Ruins the game

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

How to stop this CPU cheese? Ruins the game

Postby Leander on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 am

How do you stop this CPU cheese? It happens a couple of times every game. The CPU also uses this play to catch up. I can't do anything against it, neither me nor my cpu-controlled defenders. Do you have a solution?

IMPORTANT: my in-game camera is Nosebleeds, 1, 1, no zoom!

phpBB [video]

I am controlling Embiid in this video...just scored with him. The CPU does this cheese play either after I score (and it quickly inbounds the ball) OR even after rebounding my missed shots. Only takes 3-4 seconds...inbound, long pass to C or PF all alone, dunk...or defensive rebound, long pass to someone who is sprinting to my hoop like mad, dunk. Sometimes even the whole CPU team are sprinting and create a 4 on 1 fast break after a normal stupid defensive rebound while my cpu-controlled defenders slooooowly walk back into my half.

Sorry for the quality. My software only records the desktop but not full screen games. Had to capture the cheese with my phone.
Leander

Re: How to stop this CPU cheese? Ruins the game

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:09 pm

Leander wrote:How do you stop this CPU cheese? It happens a couple of times every game. The CPU also uses this play to catch up. I can't do anything against it, neither me nor my cpu-controlled defenders. Do you have a solution?

IMPORTANT: my in-game camera is Nosebleeds, 1, 1, no zoom!

phpBB [video]

I am controlling Embiid in this video...just scored with him. The CPU does this cheese play either after I score (and it quickly inbounds the ball) OR even after rebounding my missed shots. Only takes 3-4 seconds...inbound, long pass to C or PF all alone, dunk...or defensive rebound, long pass to someone who is sprinting to my hoop like mad, dunk. Sometimes even the whole CPU team are sprinting and create a 4 on 1 fast break after a normal stupid defensive rebound while my cpu-controlled defenders slooooowly walk back into my half.

Sorry for the quality. My software only records the desktop but not full screen games. Had to capture the cheese with my phone.

Is that really “cheese”? To me it just looks like smart basketball. Taking advantage of your center being out of position after a bucket. Is your offensive rebounding set to “get back” or whatever so they aren’t aggressively pushing on offense?
bluejaybrandon

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:53 pm

Select "limit transition"
sticky-fingers

Postby Leander on Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:00 am

Thanks for your replies! I use crash "offensive boards" when behind but don't understand why my cpu-controlled defenders don't play better. Yes, I know I have to run back too but the cam is confusing. Switching to broadcast doesn't help much either. Is there a "switch to last man" button like NBA Live had? I want to control the last man next to my hoop so I can react to plays like this.
Leander

Postby Bassman58 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:43 am

I would not call it "cheese" if it happens in a real game. You try to take advantage of the situation against the CPU, don't you? I understand it's frustrating especially if you loose the game. What I try to do is get up on the ball handler in the backcourt so he doesn't have the opportunity for an easy pass. After the ball is in the frontcourt you can switch to the player you want to defend. This limits the number of full court passes for easy CPU buckets.
Bassman58

Postby Leander on Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:12 am

Thanks!
Leander

Postby entp369 on Tue May 28, 2019 2:31 am

Hi. It's worth trying the Broadcast Low camera. This view allows you to see the player you are controlling and the ballhandler at the same time. This way you will know where your player is and you'll be able to put him in the right place to avoid this kind of thing from happening.

Just tinker with the Zoom and Height that are comfortable for you. I personally use Zoom 3 and height 10. Don't worry you'll get used to this view pretty quick.
entp369

Return to NBA 2K19