Sliders broken? MyLeague broken? It's annoying

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Sliders broken? MyLeague broken? It's annoying

Postby Leander on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:36 am

I'm really sick of this game now. After playing three games with 4x6 minutes each with Dallas vs. Memphis I adjusted my sliders and had a close loss, a close win and another close loss in triple overtime. The statistics were realistic, the games were exciting and fun and I thought I would have found my sliders.

Then I started MyLeague with Dallas, relocated them and downloaded my custom team. I played a game with 12 minute quarters, team chemistry off and against Minnesota this time. It was a different world, a cruel one with a lot of disappointment and anger. Oh wait, I started Porzingis as I play without injuries...who is almost unstoppable in the game...and guess what, he got injured and had to leave the court.

Now I want to know if the game is broken, the sliders get corrupted when loading them in MyLeague, if relocation messes the game up or if teams just play in a different way...yet I don't have a clue why I get three close games vs. Memphis and get completely destroyed by Minnesota with everything feeling like 1-2 difficulty settings higher.

By the way, for all games I used Popboy's defensive settings.

The difference was that I could not make shots and what was even worse: Minnesota was unstoppable. They went for dunks and layups almost all the time, scored in the paint...running like mad after having too much coffee.

Check this out...I shot the ball, missed, the Timberwolf (1) grabbed the rebound, passed the ball to (2)...three Timberwolved sprinted towards my hoop while my players slowly walked after them...basically a 4 on 0 fastbreak which happened several times after a missed shot...yes, even when Minnesota was in front by 30+.
They got 45 FREAKIN' FASTBREAK POINTS!!! After common rebounds!!!

I missed many shots, did not get steals...and everything was completely different from the other 3 games in Play Now mode before starting My League with the same exact sliders!

End of game stats:

Shot display...no more varation, almost all shots made under the hoop...and I could not do anything against it.

What's your explanation? Are the same sliders different in My League? Does relocation cause a bug?
Leander

Re: Sliders broken? MyLeague broken? It's annoying

Postby JEDL on Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:07 pm

Which slider where you using? Make some adjustments to the sliders you're using. Maybe even consider using a different roster (I'm assuming you're using the 2K default which is very awful) that actually has edits to the tendencies (no, not just Shot and Touches but ALL tendencies).

I remember having trouble defending the paint with a certain slider I got from operationsports in which almost everyone was praising when I read its thread. One game on MyLEAGUE, I was (coincidentally) facing the Timberwolves, KAT would camp down low and the PG (Teague or Rose, doesn't matter) would pass it to him, then BAM its either a foul or a bucket despite me contesting it. Almost. Every. Possession. He achieves 44/18/5 on 75% or something FG. Similarly from your images, the Minnesota I faced had 10+ psychic steals (or teammates intentionally running behind opponents) which obviously led to "easy points". The CPU 9 times out of ten will score effortlessly on a fast break after a turnover no matter what you do to the sliders (which is 2K's middle finger to its players because why not). I tried the next 2 games and the same thing happens with other teams: drives and attempts at the rim were almost unguardable and I realized that I'm not gonna take this abuse.

Changing and modifying the slider helped, although yes there will be stretches where the CPU will still attempt to cheese its way to victory (since the AI also relies on individual tendencies and ratings) but you have to adjust the sliders to your own liking and playstyle. Obviously, I reduced the Contact Shot Success, Steal Success, Attempt Passing Lanes and Attempt On-Ball Steal and increased Pass Accuracy and the Defense Sliders to mitigate the issues I had from 3 sample games (no, not 1 game but 3).

Remember, not all sliders will fit perfectly for everyone and for every game or situation. Sometimes you just gotta accept losses and that anomaly games like this happen from time to time. If Booker drops 70 or if Klay never missed a single 3 in a quarter you would think something was wrong but outliers like these do happen. Although, I will also say that there is no shame in quitting the game, I quit every time I feel like the AI is cheating and readjust the sliders until they play on my level. I play to have fun, not to get thrashed by the cheesing CPU.

EDIT: Oops I didn't answer your last questions: Sliders in MyLEAGUE revert to the default ones unless you load the custom sliders again, and I have never encountered a bug coming from relocations.
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki

Postby Leander on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:31 am

Thanks for your reply! I use a custom slider based on Pro but with some knowledge from Schnaidt1 and Popboy. I played another exhibition game with the same sliders and also got destroyed...so one of the slight changes AFTER the three games I had a good experience with must have changed everything too much.

Yes, Towns kept camping under my basket...sometimes the other team's PG was bringing the ball up court, crossing half court line...and Towns was already standing under my hoop completely alone. He finished with 13 of 15 or 15 of 17 FG. I use the default roster.

Guess I have to adjust the slider again.

Can you recommend a good roster?
Leander

Postby JEDL on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:04 am

I don't know tbh, I've mostly been playing with retro roster lately so I can't recommend any, sorry :( . You could go for the Shujaota or the Dest roster since those seem to be the most popular choices. I've never tried them though so don't take my word for it.
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki

Postby Leander on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:12 am

Thanks!
Leander

Postby Leander on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:08 am

Slightly adjusted the sliders, played my best offense (54% FG in the first half) but lost 91-133, San Antonio vs. Minnesota. Not much camping by Towns but the problem is that I suck at defense and so do the CPU defenders. The computer team always has so many fastbreaks and I can't do anything. I am either too slow or if I have a man back there, the CPU finished the fastbreak from midrange (jumpshot). They either have someone open or they drive...they drive by CPU defenders as they suck or past me...or if I am lucky to guard them well, they will still score on me. I stand next to them with my arms raised...nothing. How do you trigger a contact animation??? I raise my arms or I jump but if it is not a block or a foul nothing happens...and a contact animation is needed to decrease their FG%. Those animations are only triggered if I let the CPU guard....but that does not make sense either as the CPU is too stupid to stay next to the attacker.

The game isn't fun without good sliders but finding good ones takes way too long. It is either too difficult or too easy.
Leander

Postby miguel88 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:48 am

Leander wrote:Slightly adjusted the sliders, played my best offense (54% FG in the first half) but lost 91-133, San Antonio vs. Minnesota. Not much camping by Towns but the problem is that I suck at defense and so do the CPU defenders. The computer team always has so many fastbreaks and I can't do anything. I am either too slow or if I have a man back there, the CPU finished the fastbreak from midrange (jumpshot). They either have someone open or they drive...they drive by CPU defenders as they suck or past me...or if I am lucky to guard them well, they will still score on me. I stand next to them with my arms raised...nothing. How do you trigger a contact animation??? I raise my arms or I jump but if it is not a block or a foul nothing happens...and a contact animation is needed to decrease their FG%. Those animations are only triggered if I let the CPU guard....but that does not make sense either as the CPU is too stupid to stay next to the attacker.

The game isn't fun without good sliders but finding good ones takes way too long. It is either too difficult or too easy.

I have the same problem CPU is overpowered especially on second-half
I didn't have this problem from October to January stop playing during February and when I back to my league this staff happen on all my games
miguel88

Postby JEDL on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:08 pm

Leander wrote:Slightly adjusted the sliders, played my best offense (54% FG in the first half) but lost 91-133, San Antonio vs. Minnesota. Not much camping by Towns but the problem is that I suck at defense and so do the CPU defenders. The computer team always has so many fastbreaks and I can't do anything. I am either too slow or if I have a man back there, the CPU finished the fastbreak from midrange (jumpshot). They either have someone open or they drive...they drive by CPU defenders as they suck or past me...or if I am lucky to guard them well, they will still score on me. I stand next to them with my arms raised...nothing. How do you trigger a contact animation??? I raise my arms or I jump but if it is not a block or a foul nothing happens...and a contact animation is needed to decrease their FG%. Those animations are only triggered if I let the CPU guard....but that does not make sense either as the CPU is too stupid to stay next to the attacker.

What roster are you using? The thing is for the CPU, since they're AI, they can distinguish what is an "open shot" and what is "contested" which allows them to make better decisions when compared to human players. So if the CPU is on a fastbreak and its a 1-on-1 situation, they'll always choose the best action in regards to the situation which I assume is pulling up from midrange since most defenders will scurry to the paint (or the CPU sees you do this). Again, adjust the sliders some more, make drastic changes if you have to. And most importantly, don't rely on the results on one game only, jump to the next one and see if the problems persist.
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki

Postby booyakasha on Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:20 pm

Just tweaking sliders is not enough, you need to edit most of the players attributes and tendencies to even get close to a semi-realistic experience. Not to mention like 80% of the players' signature moves are so off. I mean I kinda enjoy editing and fiddling around but it should be 2k's job to get these things right in what they call a basketball sim. The game has just become a quick cashgrab at this point.
Seems like every year it takes me like until april to get the game to play, look and feel realistic
booyakasha

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:29 am

booyakasha wrote:Just tweaking sliders is not enough, you need to edit most of the players attributes and tendencies to even get close to a semi-realistic experience. Not to mention like 80% of the players' signature moves are so off. I mean I kinda enjoy editing and fiddling around but it should be 2k's job to get these things right in what they call a basketball sim. The game has just become a quick cashgrab at this point.
Seems like every year it takes me like until april to get the game to play, look and feel realistic

Very true, and it's been getting worse every year.

The amount of editing I have had to do to players on 2K17 is unreal, this includes signatures, tendencies, attributes, and even badges. The same problems exist (looks like a lot of copy paste in 2Ks part, disregarding accuracy) on 2K19.

Because of these issues, not only do the players not play right a lot of the time on the floor, but the sim stats are also off a lot.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Leander on Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:17 am

How do you prevent the cpu from scoring without changing its stats? I get realistic stats (apart from either a too high FG% or too many rebounds) but the cpu wins by 10 or 15. Decreasing shooting would result in too many rebounds but improving my defense would get me too many steals or blocks. Cheese plays are the problem when something happens I cannot defend...or maybe it is not possible to get realistic stats anway and I am trying something for weeks without hope.
Leander

Postby Leander on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:04 pm

Time to give up...played tons of games in Play now...adjusted my preset...then first game of MyLeague and complete desaster with the CPU scoring 80% of its points directly under the hoop with cheese plays and my teammates just standing around doing nothing.

I think the game is broken.

And 2K will do what EA has been doing...with the focus on FUT mode for $$$. Who needs real teams and players already in the game when you can start from scratch and waste real money to get those players again...release better versions of them from time to time for some more $$$ and play against cheaters every second game.
Leander

Postby deihatein on Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:39 am

Leander wrote:Time to give up...played tons of games in Play now...adjusted my preset...then first game of MyLeague and complete desaster with the CPU scoring 80% of its points directly under the hoop with cheese plays and my teammates just standing around doing nothing.

I think the game is broken.

And 2K will do what EA has been doing...with the focus on FUT mode for $$$. Who needs real teams and players already in the game when you can start from scratch and waste real money to get those players again...release better versions of them from time to time for some more $$$ and play against cheaters every second game.

In my experience, the very first game of MyLeague will always be bad for some reason. I always do a MyLeague fantasy draft and I simmed the first couple of games, then try to play one and see if the sliders is to my liking, then adjust accordingly.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Leander on Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:20 pm

I recorded a video of cheese plays I constantly get but my graphics card died while playing 2k. Now I need to wait for my new card so I can boot my computer again and upload and post the video.
Leander

Return to NBA 2K19