Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders v4.0 2019 REVAMP **3/25

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V3.0 **11/23

Postby Re leone on Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:15 am

Game over, I was the Thunder, a few tili free for both, I will return stamina and fatigue rate as v. 3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re leone

Postby LeBronsLakers on Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:01 am

To anyone who cares, I’ve taken Shady’s set and made it much more realistic and challenging at the same time. It’s on PS4, save name Mikev3Joe3, PSN “FKDUNKIN420XX69”

They play like real basketball, that’s about all I can say. They’re challenging, but the AI doesn’t shoot 60% to keep up with me. But they are challenging, so you have to grind out defensive possessions to get stops to keep them from shooting 65+%. Same for shooting, you will shoot a realistic percentage from three, unless you take bad shots.
LeBronsLakers

Postby Re leone on Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:31 am

LeBronsLakers wrote:To anyone who cares, I’ve taken Shady’s set and made it much more realistic and challenging at the same time. It’s on PS4, save name Mikev3Joe3, PSN “FKDUNKIN420XX69”

They play like real basketball, that’s about all I can say. They’re challenging, but the AI doesn’t shoot 60% to keep up with me. But they are challenging, so you have to grind out defensive possessions to get stops to keep them from shooting 65+%. Same for shooting, you will shoot a realistic percentage from three, unless you take bad shots.

You can share for Xbox users
Re leone

Postby LeBronsLakers on Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:26 am

Yeah but I don’t like Xbox users.

Jk, I’ll upload them in a google doc so I’m not taking over Shady’s thread here, and will drop a link.
LeBronsLakers

Postby LeBronsLakers on Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:10 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fYw ... sp=sharing

So a few things - I want to keep experimenting with the CPU jump shot defense strength, and possibly layup defense, too. I just don't see how Devin Booker should be able to heavy contest someone he's much shorter than, and so far, 38 gives me heavy contests from taller, better defenders, while Devin will give a light contest in those situations, which I think is more realistic.

The only advice I'd have for those struggling with defense, always always always user control on-ball as much as possible while trying to control all five players. I always try to guard two players at once - once directly, and shutting down the passing lane to another if possible. All while keeping close watch on guys like JJ Redick before he slips out and gets open for three, because you know he'll get open. The AI will miss open shots, but so will you, so you still can't afford to take any plays off. I'd like to hear some feedback from these!
LeBronsLakers

Postby Aston on Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:11 am

CPU shot % pourcentage is too high... They missed nothing when they got contested. Unplayable since last sliders update.
Aston
Culture.

Postby LeBronsLakers on Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Try my sliders, that won’t happen.
LeBronsLakers

Postby BlackbeardDMH on Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Okay, I've been following this thread for some time and have been playing with all the versions of the sliders. I think I found the key, hear me out.

After some frustrations over how players act, and how the games run, I decided to take a look at things. 2k has always had phenomenal movement and pace with their animations. I still regard NFL 2k5 as the greatest sports game ever. It has been the last 6 games or so (I'm not sure) NBA 2k games that have always felt off. I see all these videos about all the work they implement every offseason, yet it never quite comes out in the game on release. It always seems like something is always getting overwritten in the gameplay.

Then I thought back to All Pro Football 2k8 (I freaking loved that game), that is to my knowledge the first time 2k used what we know today as badges. The only difference is that every single player was a default player WITHOUT editable or known attributes (all of that was hidden), what made the various legends unique was what badges they had. I always believed every player had a set attribute across the board depending on the position.

Well, guess what, 2k19 DOES have attributes, what happens when you give a 99 3pt shooter a gold Deep Threat badge? Does it only increase the shot percentage by 4% (not sure actual number) shot success rate or does it do more? Does it change the player's attributes under the hood? Arent animations tied to badges? Why is it that the CPU player that has 90+ rebounding with a Tenacious rebounding badge automatically slide into position over my players to always seem to get the rebound? Anyways, I decided to remove ALL badges from my franchise and play the game.

Guess what? The game felt different, it organic, it felt GOOD! If my teammate was in a good position that he fought for, he got that damn rebound. I didn't feel cheated. If that player hit a 3, it was because my defense was lacking.

I firmly believe that when the game is in development, everything is tested without badges applied. The game just feels so natural while playing for it not to. I believe that badges are an afterthought put in for online players to grind. I believe that badges supersede attributes and to some extent, sliders. I believe that badges are not meant to be played with AI and screws it up, but have crept into all the single-player modes to please the online crowd.

TLDR: Turn off ALL badges, then play a game.

Just try it!
BlackbeardDMH

Postby nitocris on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:13 am

Would like to take this opportunity to thank Shady for his sliders. I have used ur sliders for a very very longtime, since your nba live days... I started playing NBA pc games since nba live 95. I would put this game (with ur sliders activated) just above NBA live 97 (mitch richmond cover).

Every basketball game I challenge myself on knowing and playing the crap out of ai tendencies/slider tendencies, and getting the most ridiculous end game stats.

What makes this slider set so good is that the game just feels so much smoother. Movement after tapping a ball (just before a steal), is clunky as hell though, its as if they activated slow mode, same with attempting to dive for a loose ball. 2K still hasnt fixed this in years.

Anyway, lo and behold a 12 mins quarter with LA Laker vs Boston Celtics, with all prescribed sliders (v3.0) applied + camera options and 2K current rosters patch.

Quadruple double was achieved in three quarters, these sliders have made it possible for any half decent three point shooter to break Klay Thompson's three point record. 100 points are pretty much doable with half decent offensive stats, Lonzo could've easily done it if I just let him take all the shots and drive. Steals are easy, many was done before crossing half court, lockdown defense (LT button) near halfcourt can allow for many halfcourt violations, lockdown defense for extended periods can result in steals without actually pressing the steal button lol, chasedown steals from behind are just a beauty. Blocks are difficult. Most of the blocks are chase down blocks by leaving a player decently open but still allowing enough time for Lebron to turbo sprint and block.

For the record I did not play realistically, in the regard that Lebron was ALWAYS double teaming whoever was on the ball. This meant their small forward scored alot of points. From a quick skim three of their small fowards (Tatum, Hayward and Oyeje scored 80+ points) and most were wide open shots or layups or dunks lol.

No substitutions was made, 4x Full timeouts was used consecutively together with the 4th quater break to replenish most of the stamina.

I LOVE THESE SLIDERS. THANKYOU AGAIN. WHO CARES IF THEY ARE REALISTIC STATS OR NOT. POINT IS FUN FUN FUN. AND I HAD FUN. CHEERS SHADY!!!

One thing I would change about these sliders is drastically reduce inside scoring and/or scoring on contact (layups). Lebron was pretty much automatic in the paint, we're talking like making 19 out of every 20 shots, no exaggeration. Its just too easy for star players. Also and ones (made shots) are far too common.

Next challenge: Quintiple double with Giannis!

TLDR: These sliders are AWESOME in creating a fun gaming environment, in terms of realism, if the user choose to play unrealistically, there is nothing the slider can do to make the end game stats realistic.
nitocris

Postby LeBronsLakers on Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:12 am

Weird flex, but okay. Also, would like to you see try that with my sliders.
LeBronsLakers

Postby Re leone on Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:20 pm

LeBronsLakers wrote:Weird flex, but okay. Also, would like to you see try that with my sliders.

I'm still a few days out of town, as soon as I can I will definitely try your sliders
Re leone

Postby SparG on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:21 am

LeBronsLakers wrote:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fYwWpXSjYgMZiy79EE_mUKGvnKqUjtQjLYi3vcG7tw8/edit?usp=sharing

So a few things - I want to keep experimenting with the CPU jump shot defense strength, and possibly layup defense, too. I just don't see how Devin Booker should be able to heavy contest someone he's much shorter than, and so far, 38 gives me heavy contests from taller, better defenders, while Devin will give a light contest in those situations, which I think is more realistic.

The only advice I'd have for those struggling with defense, always always always user control on-ball as much as possible while trying to control all five players. I always try to guard two players at once - once directly, and shutting down the passing lane to another if possible. All while keeping close watch on guys like JJ Redick before he slips out and gets open for three, because you know he'll get open. The AI will miss open shots, but so will you, so you still can't afford to take any plays off. I'd like to hear some feedback from these!

Guys, who on PC! I create and upload this sliders. ID - PsycheDelicManiack Sliders Name - Mikev3Joy3
SparG

Postby SparG on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:25 am

LeBronsLakers, after 3 game on Superstar with yours sliders, so far so good but CPU bombs 3Pts contest all game with 65 % . And no shoot inside when open. Strange sliders
SparG

Postby Vicerex on Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:19 pm

BlackbeardDMH wrote:Okay, I've been following this thread for some time and have been playing with all the versions of the sliders. I think I found the key, hear me out.

After some frustrations over how players act, and how the games run, I decided to take a look at things. 2k has always had phenomenal movement and pace with their animations. I still regard NFL 2k5 as the greatest sports game ever. It has been the last 6 games or so (I'm not sure) NBA 2k games that have always felt off. I see all these videos about all the work they implement every offseason, yet it never quite comes out in the game on release. It always seems like something is always getting overwritten in the gameplay.

Then I thought back to All Pro Football 2k8 (I freaking loved that game), that is to my knowledge the first time 2k used what we know today as badges. The only difference is that every single player was a default player WITHOUT editable or known attributes (all of that was hidden), what made the various legends unique was what badges they had. I always believed every player had a set attribute across the board depending on the position.

Well, guess what, 2k19 DOES have attributes, what happens when you give a 99 3pt shooter a gold Deep Threat badge? Does it only increase the shot percentage by 4% (not sure actual number) shot success rate or does it do more? Does it change the player's attributes under the hood? Arent animations tied to badges? Why is it that the CPU player that has 90+ rebounding with a Tenacious rebounding badge automatically slide into position over my players to always seem to get the rebound? Anyways, I decided to remove ALL badges from my franchise and play the game.

Guess what? The game felt different, it organic, it felt GOOD! If my teammate was in a good position that he fought for, he got that damn rebound. I didn't feel cheated. If that player hit a 3, it was because my defense was lacking.

I firmly believe that when the game is in development, everything is tested without badges applied. The game just feels so natural while playing for it not to. I believe that badges are an afterthought put in for online players to grind. I believe that badges supersede attributes and to some extent, sliders. I believe that badges are not meant to be played with AI and screws it up, but have crept into all the single-player modes to please the online crowd.

TLDR: Turn off ALL badges, then play a game.

Just try it!

I've wondered for a few years now if the badges were too overpowered in certain circumstances. But how do I turn off all badges, is there an option, or do I have to go in and edit every single player?
Vicerex

Postby LeBronsLakers on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:55 pm

SparG wrote:LeBronsLakers, after 3 game on Superstar with yours sliders, so far so good but CPU bombs 3Pts contest all game with 65 % . And no shoot inside when open. Strange sliders

Strange, they don’t play that way here on mine. I dropped the CPU 3pt rating to 53 and they usually shoot 38% on me, and score more in the paint than I do.
LeBronsLakers

Postby LeBronsLakers on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:45 pm

My most recent MyLeague Suns game. Played them evenly until the fourth and kinda struggled. Didn’t draw enough fouls.
LeBronsLakers

Postby Aston on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:28 am

SparG wrote:LeBronsLakers, after 3 game on Superstar with yours sliders, so far so good but CPU bombs 3Pts contest all game with 65 % . And no shoot inside when open. Strange sliders

Remember, in 2K sometimes you playing match with the good sliders and sometimes with a 2K script who said "fxxk off, you gonna loose" then the opponents put 65 - 70% of their shoots... Whatever the sliders.
Aston
Culture.

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:35 am

since 2K18 this cpu scripted behaviour has disappear imo :P
sticky-fingers

Postby Aston on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:42 am

No no ^^
Aston
Culture.

Postby LeBronsLakers on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:21 am

Personally I don’t think 2K is very scripted. I mean, I imagine it is, at least a little. But I don’t think the game decides that you will lose. If anything, real life is just like that. Sometimes the entire team can’t shoot. Other times you can’t miss.
LeBronsLakers

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:42 pm

Sliders work great, I did however have to reduce the movement sliders by 10 for each feel as it felt like I was on skates but overall gameplay is fine now
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby lnb525713 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:08 pm

SparG wrote:
LeBronsLakers wrote:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fYwWpXSjYgMZiy79EE_mUKGvnKqUjtQjLYi3vcG7tw8/edit?usp=sharing

Guys, who on PC! I create and upload this sliders. ID - PsycheDelicManiack Sliders Name - Mikev3Joy3

Thanks a lot dude, I’m on PC and this set really feels better
lnb525713

Postby lnb525713 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:21 pm

mp3 wrote:Sliders work great, I did however have to reduce the movement sliders by 10 for each feel as it felt like I was on skates but overall gameplay is fine now

me too. I'll try 3 things step by step:
1. lower game speed, like 46, 47..
2. lower accelaration number
3. reduce movement sliders
Shady's slider set is on the track to real realistic basketball gaming experience
lnb525713

Postby Leander on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 am

I tested the sliders but shot 59% and everything was too easy. I didn't enter everything myself but downloaded #Shady. What is #ShadyExperimental?

Why do you use defensive assist 100? How do you defend? Onball or let the AI do its thing?
Leander

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:08 pm

Leander wrote:I tested the sliders but shot 59% and everything was too easy. I didn't enter everything myself but downloaded #Shady. What is #ShadyExperimental?

Why do you use defensive assist 100? How do you defend? Onball or let the AI do its thing?

Defensive assist strength set high takes away control from you the user. It's exactly what it's described as, "assist". You are being assisted in staying in front of your man, which can give kind of a force field feel, as the player is moved/sucked slightly in order to help you stay in front. From what I gather, it also consists of pulling you slightly in different directions when you are not guarding the ball, in order to place you appropriately closer to where you should be (like help side).

People have complained on OS and on Reddit about a "stuck in the mud" feeling with defensive assist at 100, because your player sometimes won't move where you want it to immediately (won't react immediately) because you may be placing your player out of place/position.

With using that, and putting shooting at real Player %, you are taking some responsibilities away from yourself and putting it on the game/CPU. So just be aware of that.

Here's an article that explains basic defensive tips. But, if you go on Operation Sports, you will find threads about defensive assist, as well as tips to play better defense.

I play with defensive assist at 0 because I want full control, and user timing. But choose what best suits you.

Good luck.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/18-12- ... rols-guide
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19