Are plays broken?

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Are plays broken?

Postby Leander on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:32 am

This game is driving me nuts.

1) Tip-off, cpu gets the ball, player sprints to my basket while my players slowly walk to their positions...one pass, one dunk with nobody near. 80% of the time after tip-off.

2) Sometimes even if I am behind by 20 I miss an easy shot under the basket. Then the CPU grabs the rebound, three CPU players sprint into my half for a fast break...while my defenders slowly walk into my half...a simple missed shot and a defensive rebound by the CPU leads to a 3 on 1 or even 3 on ZERO fast break...when the CPU players sprint like a mad boar is behind them while my defenders walk or stand around. It's annoying.

3) Never ever use half court trap. It always leads to the opposing center being alone under the basket for an easy dunk...like standing their alone while my players are queued along the three point line.
Leander

Re: Are plays broken?

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:08 pm

Leander wrote:This game is driving me nuts.

1) Tip-off, cpu gets the ball, player sprints to my basket while my players slowly walk to their positions...one pass, one dunk with nobody near. 80% of the time after tip-off.

2) Sometimes even if I am behind by 20 I miss an easy shot under the basket. Then the CPU grabs the rebound, three CPU players sprint into my half for a fast break...while my defenders slowly walk into my half...a simple missed shot and a defensive rebound by the CPU leads to a 3 on 1 or even 3 on ZERO fast break...when the CPU players sprint like a mad boar is behind them while my defenders walk or stand around. It's annoying.

3) Never ever use half court trap. It always leads to the opposing center being alone under the basket for an easy dunk...like standing their alone while my players are queued along the three point line.

What’s your points of emphasis for offensive rebounding set at? If it’s not “Get Back on Defense” then that could be some of it. As for tip off, I always stay as the center for a short time to prevent their center from getting the open dunk, as I have noticed that happens often.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Leander on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:54 pm

I always use adaptive coaching engine and only want to play without touching the strategy settings.
Leander

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:14 am

ACE definitely has its issues, and there are noticeable lapses with the defensive AI. All too often, CPU-controlled teammates will be rather lazy on defense, or even actively scoot out of the way to let an opponent drive.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby BrotherJRB on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:50 pm

I love the lapses on defense. It happens in every game in the real NBA. When I see my guys loose a cutter or mistakenly double a pick n roll, I think realism not broken.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Return to NBA 2K19