[seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY STATEMENT

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY 2.0

Postby bhilogy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:17 pm

Nice man! Looks good! Hope you can add more wow7 colorways or maybe some li ning colorways if you still have the time
bhilogy

Postby seanbarkley on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:50 pm

chuajefry wrote:sir.. what i mean is, i made a custom roster out of rosterdescription & sync 1-21.. second, the official roster and sync now is updated, so technically the newly added shoes are now unlocked.. but my question is, can i unlock those new shoes into my custom roster? regarding that my custom roster was based from a older official roster?.. cause way back, i have done this before.. using ksmiz shoetable. i did it on the kyrie 5, the official roster and the sync was updated during that time and i need not to recreate a new roster from scratch.. but the problem is, ksmiz shoetable doesn't come up with the latest shoe additions as far as i know, the last was the kyrie 5..

Well I can't tell you 100% sure because I don't have the experience, but my custom roster is from the 1st days of January and I keep adding the lattest shoe to players. I think this was one of the issues fixed through one of the patches.

jedvillainy wrote:This roster looks so promising but I haven’t had luck getting this to work properly. I follow all the steps and when I check the Cavs players, all of them are wearing air uptempo shoes? What am I doing wrong? Would love some help so I can finally make this work

What you are experiencing is caused by the fact that your sync.bin is being overwritten by the game one when it loads, so I recommed you to use the nba2k_explorer and click the option "Lock SYNC.BIN" that should fix your issue.

bhilogy wrote:Nice man! Looks good! Hope you can add more wow7 colorways or maybe some li ning colorways if you still have the time

I'll try man, are you interested in some model in particular?

lesh0430 wrote:The dinwiddie shoe looks great! Both do actually. Will you be doing the curry 6 underrated which has the same design style as the 'work on excellence'? I see 2K put a version in game but it doesn't look good at all! lol

Thank you! I'll try to do something better!

It's known that shoes stored in SYNC.BIN (basically every shoe added after the release of the game) can't be edited since all the files from those shoes are in sync, and if you put the edited version into waigua (or modded) folder won't cause any effect because waigua folder can't overwritte SYNC.BIN files. I've found a workaround for being able to edit files inside sync:

In the case of Nike KD 11 (previous page) I've extracted every necessary file from that shoe in sync and replaced one existing regular shoe of the game. In this case I've replaced the Zoom Soldier IX for an edited version of the KD11. This way you can even create your own shoes with this new color setup if you wish! :D. I plan to do the same with Curry 6 and add a version which let us recreate 1/1 those "underrated", "work on excellence"... versions of the shoe.

Hope this all makes sense! :P
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
seanbarkley

Postby lesh0430 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:18 pm

That makes perfect sense and is fine by me! Having the edited model is good enough. I don't expect you to create every single colorway I may want so this is perfect!
lesh0430

Postby bhilogy on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:52 pm

I'll try man, are you interested in some model in particular?

- No man nothing in particular, i just want to see some more pe colorways for the brand
bhilogy

Postby chuajefry on Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:44 am

seanbarkley wrote:
chuajefry wrote:sir.. what i mean is, i made a custom roster out of rosterdescription & sync 1-21.. second, the official roster and sync now is updated, so technically the newly added shoes are now unlocked.. but my question is, can i unlock those new shoes into my custom roster? regarding that my custom roster was based from a older official roster?.. cause way back, i have done this before.. using ksmiz shoetable. i did it on the kyrie 5, the official roster and the sync was updated during that time and i need not to recreate a new roster from scratch.. but the problem is, ksmiz shoetable doesn't come up with the latest shoe additions as far as i know, the last was the kyrie 5..

Well I can't tell you 100% sure because I don't have the experience, but my custom roster is from the 1st days of January and I keep adding the lattest shoe to players. I think this was one of the issues fixed through one of the patches.

okay, so technically, you are able to unlock the new shoes using your old custom roster. but how did you do it?
chuajefry

Postby lesh0430 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:32 am

Dame 5 and PG3 now added.
lesh0430

Postby seanbarkley on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:24 am

lesh0430 wrote:Dame 5 and PG3 now added.

Finally! Let’s see if I can release an update this weekend. Thanks for the heads up!
seanbarkley

Postby chuajefry on Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:12 pm

sir, so technically, you are able to unlock the new shoes using your old custom roster. but how did you do it? Thanks again..
chuajefry

Postby seanbarkley on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:04 pm

chuajefry wrote:sir, so technically, you are able to unlock the new shoes using your old custom roster. but how did you do it? Thanks again..

I basically don't do anything man, you install the file and when you go to "edit player" every new shoe is just there...

BTW here is a preview of my workaround for UA Curry 6. This shoe will replace UA Drive 4 High, so you basically will be able to create any shoe with this new color setup. You can recreate 1/1 every Curry 6 exisiting model with this new setup:

seanbarkley

Postby bhilogy on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:54 pm

seanbarkley, that is niiiiiceeee
bhilogy

Postby seanbarkley on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:40 am

bhilogy wrote:seanbarkley, that is niiiiiceeee

Thank u!

New preview with tweaked colors:

seanbarkley

Postby Batsy on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:40 am

Is your next update going to have all the trade deadline transactions? Thanks in advance
Batsy

Postby edudu_10 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:25 am

:bowdown: i need a new update too! perfect work Seanbarkley! congratulations!! :bowdown2:
edudu_10

Postby chuajefry on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:20 pm

sir, it seems that PG 3 and DAME 5 disappears when i use sync replacement tool on the 2-9-19 official roster and sync...i don't know why, but how can i remedy this? i cannot use your shoe mods if i won't use the sync replacement tool.. your shoe_global.iff must be included in sync replacement tool.. thanks again..
chuajefry

Postby bhilogy on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:30 pm

seanbarkley, may i know what Curry CF you are using?
bhilogy

Postby drabberplane on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:56 pm

bhilogy wrote:Nice man! Looks good! Hope you can add more wow7 colorways or maybe some li ning colorways if you still have the time

I'll try man, are you interested in some model in particular?[/quote]

I would also love to see some wow7 color ways, i doubt 2k will add more... If you could make them that would be great man!

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news ... 1080752596

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news ... 1075165792

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news ... 1088786878
drabberplane

Postby lesh0430 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:09 pm

seanbarkley wrote:
bhilogy wrote:seanbarkley, that is niiiiiceeee

Thank u!

New preview with tweaked colors:

[ Image ]

Awesome! Looks great, can't wait!

chuajefry wrote:sir, it seems that PG 3 and DAME 5 disappears when i use sync replacement tool on the 2-9-19 official roster and sync...i don't know why, but how can i remedy this? i cannot use your shoe mods if i won't use the sync replacement tool.. your shoe_global.iff must be included in sync replacement tool.. thanks again..

New shoes added after his mod won't show until he updates the mod. So next mod update the shoes will be back.
lesh0430

Postby ItsRickGrimes on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Very ecstatically excited for the update. Especially with the new shoes out there. Any timetable when the update will come out and any notes what changes did you applied? I'd be very happy to donate as soon as I get my money. More power to you.
ItsRickGrimes

Postby bhilogy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 pm

Can you make this years BHM colorways?
bhilogy

Postby seanbarkley on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 pm

edudu_10 wrote::bowdown: i need a new update too! perfect work Seanbarkley! congratulations!! :bowdown2:

Batsy wrote:Is your next update going to have all the trade deadline transactions? Thanks in advance

chrisanityyyyy wrote:Very ecstatically excited for the update. Especially with the new shoes out there. Any timetable when the update will come out and any notes what changes did you applied? I'd be very happy to donate as soon as I get my money. More power to you.

Hey good people! I've been trying to hurry with the update but it's been hard for me to find some free time these days, so it's going slower than I would like. Anyway, I'll try to release a new shoe update by tomorrow (cross fingers...). The roster update will be a little bit later since there're a lot of changes in rosters, but I'd like to have it finished by the weekend. I'll try to add some notes with the changes!

bhilogy wrote:I would also love to see some wow7 color ways, i doubt 2k will add more... If you could make them that would be great man!

It's in my queue list man, let's see if I can do some after I finish the roster update.

bhilogy wrote:Can you make this years BHM colorways?

I'd love to, but I have to find good hi-res textures of the patterns used for this year BHM models. If I can get those textures it would be bread and butter.

bhilogy wrote:seanbarkley, may i know what Curry CF you are using?

It's been a long time since I downloaded it, but I believe it's EGS-MLLR's: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106104&hilit=egs+mllr
seanbarkley

Postby bhilogy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:36 pm

seanbarkley, alright man, just take your time! No need to rush things
bhilogy

Postby seanbarkley on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:13 am

Hi good people! I would like to have added more stuff with this update but I think it's important you guys can enjoy these recently added new shoes, so I'll be adding more stuff soon.

- New shoe file (3.0) with new models,patterns to reflect custom colorways and 2 SYNC.BIN models edited and available to create your own shoes:

- Nike KD 11 PE (improved color blocks) replaces Zoom Soldier IX
- UA Curry 6 with improved color blocks replaces UA Drive 4 High

Every new shoe model added by 2K is now present in the file

Thanks to Marvin00 for his help and awesome work! :bowdown2:. I'll add more of his colorways soon, but for now I've used his layers for these models:

- LeBron XVI Court Purple PE
- Bape x Adidas Dame 4
- Kyrie 5 white/mint PE

- The new roster file will be added by weekend since there's a lot of stuff to do with all the new trades

As always you can find the links in the 1st post. Enjoy!

seanbarkley

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY 3.0

Postby vincekobe on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:21 pm

Where is the roster file? :roll:
hi :o
i am korean. :wink:
vincekobe

Postby Batsy on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:01 pm

WOW Thank you Mr. Seanbarkley :bowdown2:

Now I hope it's not too late for requests, is there anyway you please add these before you're done with the roster??? I know it's too much to ask from one person, but I would greatly appreciate it and I'm sure the rest of the community would as well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Batsy

Postby lesh0430 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 pm

What a wonderful thing to wake up to! Your work and the others whos work you've implemented is just amazing. Thank you so much for your contributions to making this game so much better and authentic!
lesh0430

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding