Jason Kidd may replace Luke Walton

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Jason Kidd may replace Luke Walton

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:38 pm

Seems Luke Walton is on the bubble, and Jason Kidd may be the frontrunner to replace him:

Jason Kidd is in the discussion to be the next coach of the Los Angeles Lakers if they decide to move on from Luke Walton, according to Ric Bucher.

"Another development that I’m hearing is gaining momentum, and that’s the possibility of Jason Kidd returning to the coaching ranks by succeeding Luke Walton with the Lakers...now sources are saying that the Lakers have actually gotten back to him and that this has gone to the next level. And that if the Lakers do make a move on Luke – which, based on all of the rumblings, could happen sooner rather than later – Kidd appears to be very much in the mix and possibly is even the favorite," said Ric Bucher on his podcast.

I feel like Walton has gotten a raw deal these past couple of seasons. The front office could've stood behind him much more firmly when LaVar Ball was basically calling for him to be canned last year, and now it looks like he's being forced out, likely to appease LeBron James. Mind you, if LeBron thinks that Kidd is going to be content to be his puppet and meekly bow down to him, I'd say he's chasing the wrong coaching candidate.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Jason Kidd may replace Luke Walton

Postby volsey on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Very likely something to do with LBJ again.

Kidd & LBJ could be very entertaining. Definitely don't think he'll be the push over Lue was.
volsey

Postby [Q] on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:17 am

I believe Jeanie will stick to her word and let Luke play out the rest of the season and possibly next. If they get off to a bad start next year, who knows
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:31 am

Jason friggin Kidd? Magic may as well just on a jersey and do the player coach thing
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:34 am

Is it safe to say LeBron would respect Kidd more than any coach he's had in his career? Let the playmaker coach the playmakers.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:22 pm

It's possible, but I could still see them butting heads.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball