Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby [Q] on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:56 pm

I actually fell asleep and missed the Brock match but after going back and watching it I can appreciate they didn't do the standard Brock match. There was a bit of variety, some intrigue, and it was way better than anything he's done in a long time
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:12 am

Brock seems to up his game and enjoy putting on a show when he's up against talent that can outwork him in the ring.
Styles, Bryan, and now Balor.
Reminds me of Brock vs Kurt Angle (another guy that had solid ring work).
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lean on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:56 am

Also speaking of Brock, the WWE 24 about Wrestlemania 24 showed Brock flinging the Universal Title to Vince after his match with Reigns. :lol:

phpBB [video]
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:49 pm

And of course, he continues to get a monster push despite such jockish and petulant behaviour.

I thought his match with Finn Balor was actually decent for what it was. He sold a lot, and it actually suggested he might have some weaknesses, which is well overdue. Balor looked pretty good in defeat, which is highly unusual for a Lesnar match.

All in all, I enjoyed the Rumble. Solid show from top to bottom. Loved Becky and Ronda's promo on RAW. I wouldn't be surprised if they do have them main event.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:02 pm

And of course, Rollins gets obliterated by Lesnar to end RAW. Way to make the challenger look strong, WWE.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:36 pm

Things like the flinging of the belt make me wonder what the details are in Brock's contract. I wouldn't be surprised too if Brock's the highest paid among the talents.

Andrew wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they do have them main event.

I read somewhere that the promo prior to the Bayley match was garbage, but boy did I love that exchange with Becky. And Becky is super over! They have to main event the show if they keep this going.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:25 pm

He's got a ridiculous per-appearance fee and a lot of leeway, which can't do much for morale. With AEW coming to be, WWE might have to reevaluate how they treat their full-time talent.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:10 am

Ambrose reportedly leaving WWE "for a while" after his contract expires in April.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:13 am

They offered him a ton of money and he turned it down. Sounds like he is gone. And with AEW looming...

Having Ronda beat Sasha and then a seemingly random title match vs Bayley sets up the Becky match. Now she'll say she beat 3 of the 4 horsewomen and will take Becky out at mania.

It's funny because Ronda had fought Bethe Correia after she had beaten Jessamyn Duke and Shayna back to back
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:15 am

While going to AEW is definitely a possibility, I wouldn't be surprised if Ambrose just ended up taking time away from the ring. He sounds burned out on the business.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:26 am

I don't think he's burned out as he had quite a bit of time off from his injury. He just came back but he's probably more disappointed with the way his character has been handled plus with the way the the other 2 in The Shield have been pushed but not him. I think he's just looking to have fun and do some different things and be able to expand his skill set
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:13 pm

I'd rather have Ambrose back to CZW or Dragongate and just be John Moxley again (seriously, I like the hype AEW is getting, but to consider them already as a threat to WWE without having a single show yet is kinda baffling).

[Q] wrote:...plus with the way the the other 2 in The Shield have been pushed but not him. I think he's just looking to have fun and do some different things and be able to expand his skill set

Yeah, I think so, too. You'd think he'll be pushed more than either Rollins or Reigns when The Shield first came to be since he was the "original leader" of the faction before they decided that Reigns is their guy.

Meanwhile, a new WWE Championship has been revealed on Smackdown today:

I kinda like it.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:52 pm

I think it's great for The New Daniel Bryan character, but I would hope the traditional belt comes back when he loses it!

So WWE has put out a notice saying that Ambrose won't be renewing his contract and thanking him for his contributions, while also referring to him by his real name. This has obviously led to speculation as to whether the whole thing is a worked shoot, or if they're trying to control the story and work the dirt sheets. Right now, I don't know what to think; both scenarios are quite plausible. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:44 am

When they pulled that belt out, I laughed my ass off because it was just perfect for the storyline.

It was cool to see Truth win the title, obviously based on his great work in the last year especially lately with Carmella and getting the dance break over. He also has a movie out with Trey Songz, has his rap thing, and did the Bellator show with Swagger

Hideo reportedly asked out and honestly I don't know why he hasn't done that sooner. He's had such a string of bad luck. He went from the huge signing to teaming with Finn, then had shoulder surgery, came back and finally brought the GTS, then gets dumped on his neck by some scrub, and then finally gets called up... To 205 Live, with a bit of hype only to break Kendrick's face on his first match and have his move banned
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:47 am

I've seen some negativity around the belt design, and I can't help but think...isn't that the point? Bryan is way over as a heel right now, a villain in the vein of CM Punk and the Straight Edge Society where he has some good points, but is a militant dick about them. I guess it goes to show that you can still work people in 2019.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:51 pm

I love the new belt so much that I wish the graphic for the championship match gets updated too.

And shame on what happened to Hideo on his WWE run. I'd say his NXT push around 2017 would have continued if he wasn't called up, and the string of injuries oh boy. The time he came back and was powerslammed on his head was just unfortunate.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:24 pm

Yeah I had gone to see NXT live a month after he got dumped on his head so I was disappointed I didn't get to see him but we got Kota Ibushi instead
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:43 am

Speaking of AEW, you know they will be in play when Brock hits the free agent market. The Khans will definitely throw a fuck ton of money at him so I could see him leaving, which I think would improve the WWE product. Whether Paul goes with him or WWE pays him a ton of money to stay with Ronda is another story
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:20 pm

That will definitely be interesting. WWE pays him a lot of money per appearance though, and I don't know that the rest of the locker room in AEW would be all in on that (no pun intended). Creatively, they might want to avoid him, and it's not like he pops ratings that much for WWE anymore because people are so sick of him. I reckon he's WWE and/or UFC, or nothing.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:23 am

Actually excited for halftime Heat today, especially with them pushing Velveteen Dream after his Worlds Collide win

They're livestreaming top NXT matches and man it's crazy to go through some of these memorable matches. Wound up watching the whole nakamura Zayn match, which I can never get tired of
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:39 pm

[Q] wrote:Actually excited for halftime Heat today, especially with them pushing Velveteen Dream after his Worlds Collide win

I completely missed Worlds Collide yesterday.

Was Halftime Heat actually live or was it pre-taped with NXT last week?
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:52 pm

It was a live broadcast from Full Sail. They played a bunch of too NXT matches then cut to the live show. You can watch on YouTube
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:04 pm

I haven't watched it yet, but whenever I see "When Worlds Collide", I can't help but think of this song, and the original Smackdown vs RAW.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:35 pm

https://youtu.be/-wrCHwg-KVg?t=2936
phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby tacitus kilgore on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Andrew wrote:And of course, he continues to get a monster push despite such jockish and petulant behaviour.

I thought his match with Finn Balor was actually decent for what it was. He sold a lot, and it actually suggested he might have some weaknesses, which is well overdue. Balor looked pretty good in defeat, which is highly unusual for a Lesnar match.

All in all, I enjoyed the Rumble. Solid show from top to bottom. Loved Becky and Ronda's promo on RAW. I wouldn't be surprised if they do have them main event.

Vince loves that shit lowkey. Shawn would tell him to fuck off regularly and maintain his spot in the company.
tacitus kilgore

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic