Public Trade Requests

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Public Trade Requests

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:40 am

What's up with all the trade requests? Superstars like Butler, AD I get but you get nobodies like Thon Maker and Marquise Chriss making demands like they own the place.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: Public Trade Requests

Postby bowdown on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:48 am

People don't care to seem selfish these days. Its just business anyways and players are using what leverage they have to get to greener pastures.
bowdown

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:10 pm

Star players are doing it because they can. As the league continues to place an emphasis on players over teams, and doesn't even try to create parity, stars will continue to do this. As for recent draft busts Thon Maker and Marquese Chriss... I think it's a misfire. They should be happy to even be on a team...
Lamrock

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 pm

The case for Maker and MC is that there rookie contacts are up soon so they really need to be playing and showing there worth. Thorn has never really played but he's had enough runs with them but very little this season while MC was a starter with the Suns last season or a key contributor so now to be buried on the Rockets bench i guess theses guys have to think about there future pay cheque down the line
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:42 pm

It's never a good look, but given that it's the only way they can seek to move on when they're under contract, it's a tactic they're going to use.

Something else to consider is that some trade demands are public because those internal discussions between the players and the team leak, and quickly become news that's instantly spread in the digital age. There is a difference between players going to team brass and asking out only for sources within the team to let knowledge of the request out into the public, and players giving interviews where they say they want to be traded (like Karl Malone did more than once in his career).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:32 pm

Also I see the Pelicans are calling for tighter rules on tampering but yet I read on Twitter yesterday that Davis has requested a trade which we all knew about but Davis apparently told coaching staff that he plans to play out the season in NOLA first?? Which only means one thing and that's waiting for Boston to be in play for a trade? Doesn't that seem odd? Demand a trade but you will wait till the summer? Wouldn't you just wait till then to announce?
mp3

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:23 am

mp3 wrote:Also I see the Pelicans are calling for tighter rules on tampering but yet I read on Twitter yesterday that Davis has requested a trade which we all knew about but Davis apparently told coaching staff that he plans to play out the season in NOLA first?? Which only means one thing and that's waiting for Boston to be in play for a trade? Doesn't that seem odd? Demand a trade but you will wait till the summer? Wouldn't you just wait till then to announce?

It's already been leaked that Boston isn't one of AD's top targets, partly because he is unsure what Kyrie will do (Will he stay or will he go).

Also, the Lakers have a monstrous advantage over the C's in the AD sweepstakes. Mainly because Rich Paul is his agent, who is also LeBrons agent. Anybody that thinks that LeBron and AD didn't discuss playing together AT ALL when they went to dinner after the game is delusional. And, if anybody actually thinks that Rich Paul is not in AD's ear constantly about all the benefits of going to LA (Weather, sponsors, attention, contender, etc) is also delusional.

The Lakers also have a package that could be offered that is extremely enticing for the Pelicans. They have Kuzma who has already proven that he will have a long, successful NBA career, Lonzo Ball, and even Brandon Ingram. Ingram is the exact opposite of what LeBron wants on the floor, as LeBron is incredibly ball dominant and dribbles for a good length of the shot clock before making a decision. Ingram needs the ball to be successful, and is NOT a spot up shooter, Ingram and LeBron have already visibly had disagreements on the floor. Sliding Davis in there for Kuzma, and pushing Rondo into the starting lineup (Who I still think is better than Ball, at this stage of his career), while having Josh Hart or Caldwell-Pope spacing the floor to spot up shoot, makes the Lakers better than they are right now, and that dynamic is better for LeBron because it gives him an alpha scorer and spot up shooters. Lakers would obviously include a first round draft pick in this case, without hesitation.

The Celtics outside of the weather being a disadvantage, have no ties to AD agent wise, communication with him (Paul/LeBron) is much less accessible, and the package the C's can put together for him would NOT include Tatum or Irving, so it's already less enticing by a lot. In fact, you know as well as I do that they wouldn't even consider doing a trade if it didn't include one of them.

I give the Lakers a 95% chance of landing AD, and I certainly don't think that he sticks with the Pelicans. People are crazy, before LeBron signed with the Lakers, I heard rumblings about all these different teams he would go to (Including teams like Indiana, WTF), when it was painfully obvious that he was going to end up in LA. This is another example of things being pretty obvious up to this point, and it would not shock me if Davis is traded before the deadline to the Lakers.

However, the very small chance that he doesn't go to LA (ends up in Boston), is if he doesn't want to play with LeBron. Which, comes with him being second in line credit wise no matter what he actually produces (with the media and most of the LeBron fans), and also the criticism that comes with playing with LeBron if the Lakers start losing (whether it's his fault or not). Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving could be playing perfectly fine (all-star level) with Cleveland, and people were still screaming that LeBron had no help. So, if he wants to make his own way free of that media frenzy and the LeBron craziness, that would be the only way I see him ending up with a team like the Celtics.

Celtics wise, I would hate for them to make any big roster change right now. This specific group hasn't even had a full season together, and can still beat any team in the East en route to the NBA finals, Beating the Warriors? It would take either a Warriors injury (To Curry), or a completely healthy Hayward, along with some stellar performances by the C's as a unit in general.

In regards to Thon Maker, he HAS been given a chance. He hasn't proven to be better in the rotation than John Henson (When he was healthy and they had him), Ilyasova or Brook Lopez. Maker would have greatly benefited from being on a poor club, like NY, or PHO etc. The reason Chriss even got so many reps is because he was on the woeful Suns. At the moment, even useless Dragan Bender is starting and getting reps for the Suns because they are trying to showcase him for any teams that may be interested. Chriss and Maker both seem to suffer from a lack of confidence, both look hesitant and uncomfortable. With Maker, it's possible that it could be remedied by actually given starter type minutes in order to gain more confidence and work through his issues. Chriss on the other hand, I am not sure he will ever be a solid NBA player.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:01 am

I do agree the Lakers are the favourites but it could be a smokescreen that if Kyrie now thinks AD might be on his way he may resign on the first day of FA then that means they can allow negotiations to proceed on a trade.

Of course I'd welcome him to the Knicks, NOLA can pick who they want
mp3

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:09 am

I think Lakers should keep Kuz in any AD trade. You'll have Pelicans 2.0 if you mortgage the whole team to get him.

The timing of the request is for AD's preference to go to LA. He knows that Boston can't get him now which is why he's doing this now. Pelicans will obviously wait for Boston so they have more potential trading partners
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:21 am

[Q] wrote:I think Lakers should keep Kuz in any AD trade. You'll have Pelicans 2.0 if you mortgage the whole team to get him.

The timing of the request is for AD's preference to go to LA. He knows that Boston can't get him now which is why he's doing this now. Pelicans will obviously wait for Boston so they have more potential trading partners

Oh totally.

But you know damn well the Pelicans would want him in the deal, and you know that if it came down to it the Lakers would include him.

And yeah, we will see what happens. Many are saying that the Celtics have more to offer, but what they don't have is a player that shares his the same agent.

I am curious what will happen with Dennis Smith Jr, honestly.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:28 am

Hmm maybe a 3 way with Dallas where they get Ball and Pels get DSJ to sweeten the pot?

and LMAO at the Pels asking the NBA to "investigate" and get AD fined $50k
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:14 pm

I don't blame them. Teams and players alike are openly flaunting the rules regarding tampering these days.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:17 am

[Q] wrote:I think Lakers should keep Kuz in any AD trade. You'll have Pelicans 2.0 if you mortgage the whole team to get him.

howdy nlsc'ers. long time...

so in order to keep kuz... trade lebron for AD :lol:

thought i read lonzo ball's camp is already asking to be traded if he gets traded to a team where he's not a starter? :lol:

yep, it was a foregone conclusion for Paul George, even after OKC traded for him and lost in the 1st round.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:46 am

Pelicans have no reason to trade him now. I could see them being dicks and just holding onto him until the next trade deadline and then get something in return for him. If that's the case, the Lakers can just play chicken with them and sign more 1 yr deals and wait for him to become a free agent
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:25 pm

I suppose it depends how petulant he wants to be. Judging by his stance so far, I'd say that "very petulant" is quite likely.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball