How to Randomly Choose FULL TV PRESENTATION

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

How to Randomly Choose FULL TV PRESENTATION

Postby theItalianMatt on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:37 am

I created by myself a method to randomly choose Scoreboard, Wipes, Watermark and Studio Show every time the game starts.
Of course, they're all of the same TV channel (e.g. all ESPN, NBC, FOX...). Doing so, you can switch from one Presentation to another without any effort.
This takes only 10-15 minutes to set up.

Just follow this guide for a simple setup:
  1. Create a new folder wherever you want and name it "NBA 2K19 Presentation Mods"
  2. Create a sub-folder inside the one you've just created and rename it "Chosen"
  3. Put inside this "Chosen" folder as many folders as you want, one for each TV or set of Presentations (you can find the sets I use if you scroll down to the links, already divided into folders for a quicker setup). The folders must contain the .iff files you want to use.
  4. Now create a new file with Notepad (or any another text editor) and paste the instructions you find in this link https://pastebin.com/d3cRVGsA or this link if you want to see what mods are selected before the game starts https://pastebin.com/rbfxa2Ux (thx to bongo88 for helping me out)
  5. Save this file as a batch file (save as "All files" and add .bat at the end of your file). You can choose the name of this file, it doesn't make any difference ("NBA 2K19 Modded" or something like that is fine)
  6. You have to edit two things in the .bat file:
    1. Replace STARTING FOLDER (keep the quotation marks) with the path of your Chosen directory (for example, mine is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\NBA 2K19 presentation mods\Chosen")
    2. Replace TARGET FOLDER (keep BOTH the quotation marks you see) with the path of your NBA Mods directory (it should be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\NBA 2K19\Modded")
  7. From now on when you start the game using the .bat file, files from one of the directories inside the "Chosen" folder will be copied into your Modded directory and you will play with those Presentation mods.

Links to downloads:
  • My Presentation sets (I already have 21 combinations made): https://liceocurielnet-my.sharepoint.co ... A?e=LmIuVD
  • I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE MODS I LINKED. Credit goes to Looyh and Twist. I also suggest you to visit their Topic pages and download the other mods, they're the best modders we have in this community.
Edit: OneDrive didn't let me upload empty files, so you have to create a "watermark.iff" empty file (you can do it with 7zip or WinRar). Then copy this file inside every folder that doesn't have a "watermark.iff" file (except from the FOX+watermark, they have the watermark inside the scoreboard file). Doing so, when you restart the game, if the Presentation is changed you won't have other TV's watermark.

Other Notes:
  • If you want to choose a specific Presentation, you can just cut some folders from the "Chosen" folder, and paste them inside "NBA 2K19 Presentation Mods". Keep inside "Chosen" the folders you want to use. For example, i prefer to choose ESPN presentation while playing the Finals.
  • If you want to play without these mods, just delete the files that had been copied into the "Modded" folder and start the game from Steam.
  • Put the .bat file into any folder and create a link to that file on the desktop. Then you can change the link icon and name to make it like the real NBA 2K19 icon.
  • When the game starts, you'll se a command prompt starting (black window with white text). That's perfectly fine, it means your file is working!
Last edited by theItalianMatt on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
theItalianMatt

Re: How to Randomly Choose FULL TV PRESENTATION

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:51 am

theItalianMatt wrote:[*]I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE MODS I LINKED. Credit goes to Looyh and Twist. I also suggest you to visit their Topic pages and download the other mods, they're the best modders we have in this community.

Yet you use an ad-link for a file containing no content you have created. Don't hype people up and call them "the best modders in the community" when you're profiting off their work. That's incredibly fake and shouldn't be allowed under the rules of this site. That's like me working my way through someone's ad-linked content and then re-uploading it with my own ads.
bluejaybrandon

Postby theItalianMatt on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:03 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
theItalianMatt wrote:[*]I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE MODS I LINKED. Credit goes to Looyh and Twist. I also suggest you to visit their Topic pages and download the other mods, they're the best modders we have in this community.

Yet you use an ad-link for a file containing no content you have created. Don't hype people up and call them "the best modders in the community" when you're profiting off their work. That's incredibly fake and shouldn't be allowed under the rules of this site. That's like me working my way through someone's ad-linked content and then re-uploading it with my own ads.

Hey bro I'm sorry, my links both work, which one are you talking about? The bit.ly one? If it doesn't work I'll provide to change it with a Mega link, but i swear it's not fake because I can open it. Maybe I did something wrong with the condivision, let me help you now.

Oh and by the way, bit.ly is not an ad-link, is just a shortener. Maybe you're confusing it with adf.ly. I don't earn any money from that link.
Last edited by theItalianMatt on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
theItalianMatt

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:05 am

theItalianMatt wrote:Hey bro I'm sorry, my links both work, which one are you talking about? The bit.ly one? If it doesn't work I'll provide to change it with a Mega link, but i swear it's not fake because I can open it. Maybe I did something wrong with the condivision, let me help you now.

It's not fake. You're fake when you praise the creators of the content but then apply your own ad-link on their content when all you did was compile it.
bluejaybrandon

Postby theItalianMatt on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:08 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
theItalianMatt wrote:Hey bro I'm sorry, my links both work, which one are you talking about? The bit.ly one? If it doesn't work I'll provide to change it with a Mega link, but i swear it's not fake because I can open it. Maybe I did something wrong with the condivision, let me help you now.

It's not fake. You're fake when you praise the creators of the content but then apply your own ad-link on their content when all you did was compile it.

As I just edited on the previous reply, that is not an ad-link, I don't get any money, if you want I can switch with the original link that is just way longer.
theItalianMatt

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:12 am

theItalianMatt wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

As I just edited on the previous reply, that is not an ad-link, I don't get any money, if you want I can switch with the original link that is just way longer.

Wow, I completely apologize. I'm so used to ad shorteners being used exclusively for profit that I wasn't even aware they could be used just for shortening.

I was mostly pushing back because I love the idea but thought you were being exploitative in the execution. Really glad to hear that's not the case and excited to try this. Good on you and again I'm sorry about the confusion.
bluejaybrandon

Postby theItalianMatt on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:21 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
theItalianMatt wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Wow, I completely apologize. I'm so used to ad shorteners being used exclusively for profit that I wasn't even aware they could be used just for shortening.

I was mostly pushing back because I love the idea but thought you were being exploitative in the execution. Really glad to hear that's not the case and excited to try this. Good on you and again I'm sorry about the confusion.

Don't worry, it happens. I already changed the link so I'm gonna keep this to avoid other discussions. I only opened this topic because I'm not that good at modding but I really wanted to do my part. And I was praising the best modders just because I tried modding and I had so many struggles that I realized how difficult is actually is. I hope this small change I made can be useful to somebody, since I made my best to make it work properly and I love using it.
theItalianMatt

Postby cujomatty on Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:11 am

This is fantastic. Couple questions.

Did you try and implement any music changes? Curious because I haven’t tried having the 3A file in the modded folder. I’ve always replaced the one in the main directory.

If you can indeed change the music this would be perfect for my Raptors mod. The Raptors are owned by both TSN and Rogers Sportsnet so each network plays half the games. I plan on making complete presentation mods for both. So with this you could have the game randomly pick one or another. Can I use this idea for my Raptors mod?
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Postby plp2874 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:08 pm

this is amazing! thanks, brother!
plp2874

Postby theItalianMatt on Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:38 pm

cujomatty wrote:This is fantastic. Couple questions.

Did you try and implement any music changes? Curious because I haven’t tried having the 3A file in the modded folder. I’ve always replaced the one in the main directory.

If you can indeed change the music this would be perfect for my Raptors mod. The Raptors are owned by both TSN and Rogers Sportsnet so each network plays half the games. I plan on making complete presentation mods for both. So with this you could have the game randomly pick one or another. Can I use this idea for my Raptors mod?

Honestly, I haven't tried either but I think it doesn't work. I'll give it a try later. Also, I watched your tutorial and changed the game music, but it had no sense to have the TSN song with an ESPN or TNT studio. You're doing good with your mod, keep working!
And yes, feel free to use the material i uploaded in your mods :D
theItalianMatt

Postby theItalianMatt on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:58 am

cujomatty wrote:

As I suspected, you can't just put the .wav files into the Modded folder. The 3A files is almost 8gb and is not worth making a copy of it for each Presentation. Now I'm trying to find some other ways to use the audio files with the Modded folder and Waigua dll
theItalianMatt

Postby cujomatty on Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:27 am

theItalianMatt wrote:
cujomatty wrote:

As I suspected, you can't just put the .wav files into the Modded folder. The 3A files is almost 8gb and is not worth making a copy of it for each Presentation. Now I'm trying to find some other ways to use the audio files with the Modded folder and Waigua dll

I also tried putting the 3a file in the modded folder and in a folder like you described and it didn’t work either. Hopefully you figure something out.
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Postby RobDavis on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:30 am

I think this is doing the same thing as Mod enabler if I'm not mistaken but using batch files. If so you guys may want to take a look at it, once u set it up you just enable and disable mods you want. Ive been using it for years with other games and it keeps me organized.

Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby theItalianMatt on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 pm

RobDavis wrote:I think this is doing the same thing as Mod enabler if I'm not mistaken but using batch files. If so you guys may want to take a look at it, once u set it up you just enable and disable mods you want. Ive been using it for years with other games and it keeps me organized.

[ Image ]

I actually forgot that this exists, even if I tried it last year. It's a bit different, because with this tool you have to add or remove the mods, while in my batch you just start the game and it chooses for you (unless you want to choose a specific mod)
theItalianMatt

Postby plp2874 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:09 pm

so maybe i did something wrong, but for some reason, it now only chooses the same presentation every time? It used to be choosing different presentations whenever i start a new game (like play a game vs cpu with espn then the very next game will be tnt etc.), which was amazing. now, the first match i play, lets say it chooses ESPN presentation, that is the one it does every single time, whether im playing 2 or 200 games.. :|

anyone know what might be wrong?
plp2874

Postby theItalianMatt on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:19 pm

plp2874 wrote:so maybe i did something wrong, but for some reason, it now only chooses the same presentation every time? It used to be choosing different presentations whenever i start a new game (like play a game vs cpu with espn then the very next game will be tnt etc.), which was amazing. now, the first match i play, lets say it chooses ESPN presentation, that is the one it does every single time, whether im playing 2 or 200 games.. :|

anyone know what might be wrong?

This file doesn't change the mods at every single game. The presentation changes every time you start the NBA 2k19 game from the batch file.
I haven't figured out how to change mods in every single game, but I think that's not possible.
theItalianMatt

Postby plp2874 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:41 pm

theItalianMatt wrote:
This file doesn't change the mods at every single game. The presentation changes every time you start the NBA 2k19 game from the batch file.

Really!? Because mine was doing that before! i was getting a different presentation at the start of every game i played hahaha :lol:
i'm not sure what i did (or what i changed) but i'll try and see if i can fix what i did and will post if i find anything out.
plp2874

Postby theItalianMatt on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:11 am

plp2874 wrote:Really!? Because mine was doing that before! i was getting a different presentation at the start of every game i played hahaha :lol:
i'm not sure what i did (or what i changed) but i'll try and see if i can fix what i did and will post if i find anything out.

Yes, I programmed it do so, it's so weird that happened to you. If you find out the reason it'd be great :cool:
theItalianMatt

Postby bongo88 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:18 am

plp2874 wrote:Really!? Because mine was doing that before! i was getting a different presentation at the start of every game i played hahaha :lol:

I was using the bat file and have the same problem as you. I added a pause here:
Code: Select all
popd
pause
del "%temp%\popup.vbs"
pause

and it results with a message: Could Not Find temp\popup.vbs
then the same scoreboard gets selected over and over with the same error.

Anyways, wonder if that helps theItalianMatt. I'm not sure how to fix it.

Edit: I checked the %temp% folder real quick and no vbs file is being made.
bongo88

Postby theItalianMatt on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:39 am

bongo88 wrote:I was using the bat file and have the same problem as you. I added a pause here:
popd
pause
del "%temp%\popup.vbs"
pause

and it results with a message: Could Not Find temp\popup.vbs
then the same scoreboard gets selected over and over with the same error.

Anyways, wonder if that helps theItalianMatt. I'm not sure how to fix it.

That was my bad, you can just delete the following line:
del "%temp%\popup.vbs"

It was part of a previous work where a popup saying the randomly chosen mods appeared. I forgot to delete this closing line but I had no problem with this command.
I also updated the pastebin link content.
theItalianMatt

Postby bongo88 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:47 am

Here theItalianMatt

take a look at this

@echo off
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
rem Enter into the directory that contain the folders
pushd "edit here the location of the 2k19 Presentation Chosen Directory"
rem Create an array with all folders

set i=0
for /D %%a in (*) do (
   set /A i+=1
   set folder[!i!]=%%a
)
@echo off
echo !i! presentation folders in Chosen Directory
pause
rem Randomly select one folder
set /A index=%random% %% i + 1
rem Copy the desired files

echo Presentation Folder Number %index% was selected
pause

copy "!folder[%index%]!\" "edit here the location of the 2k19 modded folder directory" /Y
rem And return to original directory
popd
pause
START steam://rungameid/841370
endlocal

You can take a look at this, then take out the pauses and put in 1st post, if you like it. the folder number is written to variable "i" ... I just changed the random clause to include variable "i".... then the random folder is written to variable "%index% ... next pause just shows the %index%
the pauses are just there to make show the number of folders, and which random folder is selected. easier to see which random folder is selected each time. the pauses can be removed, if you want.

Edit: this is what the bat looks like. Just gotta remove the Pauses if you want it to be quick. Pauses were just there for testing.
bongo88

Postby theItalianMatt on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:17 am

bongo88 wrote:
Here theItalianMatt

take a look at this

[/img][/url]

Thanks bongo88, now you're code is in the first post too, so that anybody can choose
theItalianMatt

Postby dimpara on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:41 pm

start /d "path" file.exe for not steam users
Pourcentage de modifications de l'apd 90 des sГ©quences canines dГ©monstration si nous avions ajustГ© la dose en fonction du poids et de la taille.
dimpara

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding