Who do you think is most likely to get a quintuple double?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Who do you think is most likely to get a quintuple double?

Postby Suns_Of_Thunder on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:18 am

https://thescorecrow.com/2019/01/14/in- ... le-double/

This article lists Giannis, AD, Draymond, and Cousins as the most likely. Do you think it's even possible? Do you believe Wilt actually already did it?
Suns_Of_Thunder

Re: Who do you think is most likely to get a quintuple double?

Postby booyakasha on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:19 am

Prolly Westbrook with steals
booyakasha

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:39 am

Supposedly Wilt Chamberlain did unofficially.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6 ... gedly_put/

I'd say Giannis or AD have the best chance, but I don't think it will happen.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby dwayne2005 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:02 pm

I believe every year there are a few players who get 10 or more blocks in a game. I have yet to set up my stats program properly on this new laptop so I can't check. Many of those players stand a very good chance of getting the necessary rebounds. And 10 points is a sinch. So all they have to do is have the will to also assist their teammates on one of those nights. That's all it takes. So yes, it is possible. Just need a good assisting centre. I don't see Draymond Green getting 10 blocks. He is probably the most likely to get a quintuple double, but the chance of that is extremely remote for everyone.

Individual steals (as opposed to team steals) are more remote than blocks. By that fact, it is more special when a quadruple double is made on steals and I don't view a 10 steal match as all that likely in contrast to blocks. At least without going to quadruple overtime, which is kind of cheating anyway.
dwayne2005

Postby dwayne2005 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:03 pm

I believe every year there are a few players who get 10 or more blocks in a game. I have yet to set up my stats program properly on this new laptop so I can't check. Many of those players stand a very good chance of getting the necessary rebounds. And 10 points is a sinch. So all they have to do is have the will to also assist their teammates on one of those nights. That's all it takes. So yes, it is possible. Just need a good assisting centre. I don't see Draymond Green getting 10 blocks. He is probably the most likely to get a quintuple double, but the chance of that is extremely remote for everyone.

Individual steals (as opposed to team steals) are more remote than blocks. By that fact, it is more special when a quadruple double is made on steals and I don't view a 10 steal match as all that likely in contrast to blocks. At least without going to quadruple overtime, which is kind of cheating anyway.
dwayne2005

Postby [Q] on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Blocks are definitely the hardest stat to get so I'd agree with Westbrook getting 10 steals
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby dwayne2005 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:10 pm

phpBB [video]
dwayne2005

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:49 am

[Q] wrote:Blocks are definitely the hardest stat to get so I'd agree with Westbrook getting 10 steals

The question is a quintuple double, which is 10 in all 5 categories. So while I think Westbrook might have the best or equal to best chance for a Quadruple double, AD and Greek would have the best chance for a Quintuple.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby dwayne2005 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:18 am

For some reason, I didn't actually read quintuple when I read this topic yesterday. I was having trouble seeing plus had about 20 tabs on and was watching multiple videos. Or maybe it was just my stupidity. Given quadruple doubles are extremely rare and hasn't been achieved since David Robinson in 1994, I thought that's what I was adressing which is why I said it was more likely to be one (a quadruple double) on steals than blocks, when clearly a quintuple double is both at the same time and the significance of the value of either of them is immaterial. Whatever, I have oversights in text or just a tendency to skip over text. But I did have trouble seeing yesterday, possibly my severe dry eyes but it gets that when when I get tired and I see rainbow halos that match those depicted by sufferers of acute glaucoma. Two eye people say I don't have it, but the second one said I had focal issues he hasn't seen before except in glasses lenses. I have reason to believe that what it is is due to eye trauma (some new knocks to the area resulted in extremely rare and amplified symptoms), so possibly some kind of traumatic glaucoma.

But I do not see the need to theorize about quintuple doubles when it's been a quarter of a century and no one has got the quadruple one yet.
dwayne2005

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:34 am

Dee4Three wrote:
[Q] wrote:Blocks are definitely the hardest stat to get so I'd agree with Westbrook getting 10 steals

The question is a quintuple double, which is 10 in all 5 categories. So while I think Westbrook might have the best or equal to best chance for a Quadruple double, AD and Greek would have the best chance for a Quintuple.

Ah, I read "quadruple", so yeah, I'd say AD then maybe Giannis
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:17 pm

LeBron if he wanted to.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 pm

Anthony Davis in a blowout loss
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:55 pm

I'd agree that Anthony Davis and Giannis Antetokounmpo are good candidates for it. I think my dark horse pick would have to be Draymond Green. As it is, he was short of a quadruple-double on points, and he's had six blocks in a game on at least a couple of occasions. It probably wouldn't be the most eye-popping line outside of the steals and blocks - likely around ten across the board - but a quintuple double nevertheless, and to that end, still impressive.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:04 am

No chance on LeBron, he couldn't even stay with Jared Dudley.

I don't think we will see a quintuple double any time soon, but possibly a Quadruple double. Dominant centers like Hakeem and David Robinson who are gifted at steals and blocks (Anthony Davis is the closest to them stat wise) don't exist anymore.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Old friend on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:11 am

Only one man...
LeBron "the King" James.

He is the only human being that has the height, speed, technique, tempo, knowledge and will to pose an opponent upset in all five fundamentals of the game in one single match.
Better then ever! :D
Old friend

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Well said good sir. Good to see someone who has an exquisite appreciation of the sport with an objective clear lens.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Return to NBA & Basketball