【Looyh】Scoreboards >>NBC Sports && TNT V1.1 + ESPN V1.1 && 7 Wipes > FOX V3↑

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 【Looyh】Scoreboards >> FOX V2 && NBC Sports && TNT V1.1 + ESPN V1.1 && 7 Wipes

Postby go7denboot on Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Are you going to make the new nba tv scoreboard for 2k19?

Every amount is helpful

go7denboot

Re: 【Looyh】Scoreboards >> ESPN Raptors Alternate Team Logo

Postby dirtydraw on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:06 am

Another game watched where I saw a difference on a Team Logo. This time - Toronto Raptors on ESPN. But have yourself a looK:

(original ESPN Wednesday broadcast)

(two versions - black and alternate red Raptors Logo)

Download below...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Re: 【Looyh】Scoreboards >> FOX V2 && NBC Sports && TNT V1.1 + ESPN V1.1 && 7 Wipes

Postby KingKyzen on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:02 pm

May I request if you could make this Spectrum Sportsnet Scoreboard?
It would be great
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KingKyzen

Postby MaxMBox on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 pm

KingKyzen wrote:May I request if you could make this Spectrum Sportsnet Scoreboard?
It would be great

+1 to this. Spectrum SN would be wonderful
MaxMBox

Postby ksmiz on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:46 pm

to everyone throwing out requests for all these scorebugs you gotta realize these mods are not easy to make and take a lot of time to get right

I know looyh makes it look easy

but look at all the other scorebugs being made and released by other modders, yeah exactly I don't see any either, if it was easy everyone would be doing them and we would have a ton of choices

these are 3 high quality choices so I'm grateful that we have these, thanks Looyh!

the new program to switch and alternate them around is really cool too
ksmiz

Postby dirtydraw on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 am

ksmiz wrote:to everyone throwing out requests for all these scorebugs you gotta realize these mods are not easy to make and take a lot of time to get right

but look at all the other scorebugs being made and released by other modders, yeah exactly I don't see any either, if it was easy everyone would be doing them and we would have a ton of choices

these are 3 high quality choices so I'm grateful that we have these, thanks Looyh!

wise words (Y)
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby looyh on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:01 am

ksmiz wrote:to everyone throwing out requests for all these scorebugs you gotta realize these mods are not easy to make and take a lot of time to get right

haha :D ~ I did spend a lot of time on these, thanks for understanding bro~ :)
looyh

Postby ksmiz on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:14 am

I said 3 and meant 4

4 great scoreboards

thanks looyh!
ksmiz

Postby cobbadiggablu on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:59 pm

TSN Scoreboard would be great
cobbadiggablu

Postby cujomatty on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:19 am

cobbadiggablu wrote:TSN Scoreboard would be great

I second this. I made a TSN skin for the TNT scoreboard but I'd sure like an authentic scoreboard. I'm good with photoshop but I do not understand hex editing.
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Postby bongo88 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:38 am

cujomatty wrote:

I second this. I made a TSN skin for the TNT scoreboard but I'd sure like an authentic scoreboard. I'm good with photoshop but I do not understand hex editing.

Those are real good textures, cujomatty. Anyways, making scoreboards isn't extremely difficult, just takes a long time. Previous photoshop/texture experience actually helps a lot because, after prolonged photoshop experience, you get an innate sense of sizes and ratios between different scoreboard elements. ---- kinda like how a experienced mechanic can pick out bolt sizes by sight.
The 2k18 blender tutorial could get you started on the basic blender stuffs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyG960BJt2g . 2k19 scoreboard is a little different, but not much.

Hex Editing isn't too bad. Just use Hex Editor Neo Free and use the float value. https://streamable.com/q08vi also https://streamable.com/v63aw
bongo88

Postby cujomatty on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:15 pm

bongo88,

That Blender video was really good and I have the texture and Blender part down but the hex editing part makes no sense. I can't even figure out where to start. I downloaded the resources from 2K18 but all the .animation files are named something different and I have no idea where to begin even.
cujomatty

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:31 pm

bongo88 wrote:
cujomatty wrote:

Those are real good textures, cujomatty. Anyways, making scoreboards isn't extremely difficult, just takes a long time. Previous photoshop/texture experience actually helps a lot because, after prolonged photoshop experience, you get an innate sense of sizes and ratios between different scoreboard elements. ---- kinda like how a experienced mechanic can pick out bolt sizes by sight.
The 2k18 blender tutorial could get you started on the basic blender stuffs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyG960BJt2g . 2k19 scoreboard is a little different, but not much.

Hex Editing isn't too bad. Just use Hex Editor Neo Free and use the float value. https://streamable.com/q08vi also https://streamable.com/v63aw

Well, your tutorial is amazing but it's haaaaaaaaaard :crazyeyes:

Got few questions, perhaps it should deserves a threat with your tutorial :idea:

I want to make a 2010'sb like you did for 2K18, i try to delete team logos and colors, but the result is pretty strange. but some colors remain :

BTW how to change teams / score / clock fonts / fonts size and colors ? :oops:
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:20 am

sticky-fingers wrote:BTW how to change teams / score / clock fonts / fonts size and colors ? :oops:

the youtube tutorial description has link to hex guides:
EDIT: sorry, these are 2k18 files names ..... forgot which forum i am in, lol
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cwyZfB ... CR8I0/view

fonts and font colors are located in the scorebug_opt.scne opened in notepad--- at the bottom

for moving team colors / logos, don't delete stuff.... just drag them down off screen.

Sometimes it is easiest to start with looyh scoreboard instead of 2k scoreboard.

For instance, for that scoreboard, i would probably start with looyh nbc scoreboard. as a start. then use his team colors / logos and stuff to move around.

Anyways, looks like you are making progress.
Please attach your scorebug.iff so that i can look at your meshes in blender, for you and compare it to looyh's nbc scoreboard to see what he did.
Last edited by bongo88 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 am

Thanx for your help and your time (Y)
I started with looyh's nbc scoreboard, it has the best template for work (2K19 default scoreboard model looks so strange :shock: in blender) but on my tries, i have deleted vertex, faces etc...
So i will restart mostly from scratch with your advices ;)
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:33 am

double post
Last edited by bongo88 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
bongo88

Postby bongo88 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:37 am

-snip-
double post
Last edited by bongo88 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
bongo88

Postby bongo88 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:38 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Thanx for your help and your time (Y)
I started with looyh's nbc scoreboard, it has the best template for work (2K19 default scoreboard model looks so strange :shock: in blender) but on my tries, i have deleted vertex, faces etc...
So i will restart mostly from scratch with your advices ;)

Yeah, try not to delete anything. Just select the Home Team Logo vertex group, and move them down off screen.
bongo88

Postby bongo88 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:41 am

cujomatty wrote:bongo88,

That Blender video was really good and I have the texture and Blender part down but the hex editing part makes no sense. I can't even figure out where to start. I downloaded the resources from 2K18 but all the .animation files are named something different and I have no idea where to begin even.

Here is a trick .... take looyh NBC scoreboard... open it up in 7zip ... then sort by "modified" so that the last modified files are at the top .... by date, you know

you can look through the files and see the dates that he hex edited files. original 2k files will be older date.... like 2014-01-01 .... those dates are original and he didn't change them.

like .... grab _t_scorebug_mesh_Home_Group_tricode_home_txt_TextColor.c659e5b3b0774331.animation and compare it to the original 2k file to see what looyh changed.

EDIT: imgur compressed the image too much .... i've attached the image to this post

edit2: maybe img.bb won't compress it too much. image still attached to post.

then you can compare them by hand or with flex hex. Easiest to compare the file to the original to see what looyh changed. I forget what program i used..... i think the flexhex trial is what i used, i believe http://www.flexhex.com/docs/howtos/file ... ison.phtml . Anyways, i didn't buy the program, just used the trial. then took screenshots of the comparisons for future reference.
bongo88

Postby bongo88 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 am

anyways, you can compare them hex files .... or you can send Looyh a PM/Email asking for him to share his 2k19 notes :) He's on the other side of the world (from north america) so it might be a while before he replies.
bongo88

Postby cujomatty on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:08 am

bongo88 wrote:
cujomatty wrote:bongo88,

Here is a trick .... take looyh NBC scoreboard... open it up in 7zip ... then sort by "modified" so that the last modified files are at the top .... by date, you know

you can look through the files and see the dates that he hex edited files. original 2k files will be older date.... like 2014-01-01 .... those dates are original and he didn't change them.

like .... grab _t_scorebug_mesh_Home_Group_tricode_home_txt_TextColor.c659e5b3b0774331.animation and compare it to the original 2k file to see what looyh changed.

EDIT: imgur compressed the image too much .... i've attached the image to this post

edit2: maybe img.bb won't compress it too much. image still attached to post.
[ Image ]

then you can compare them by hand or with flex hex. Easiest to compare the file to the original to see what looyh changed. I forget what program i used..... i think the flexhex trial is what i used, i believe http://www.flexhex.com/docs/howtos/file ... ison.phtml . Anyways, i didn't buy the program, just used the trial. then took screenshots of the comparisons for future reference.

This is extremely helpful. I think this will get me on the right track. Ive modded enough things that I almost always can figure it out once I get pointed in the right direction and most the time I’ve done it by looking at what other modders have done. Not sure why I didn’t think of doing this. But ya, thanks so much I think this will get me going.
cujomatty

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:04 am

bongo88 wrote:
sticky-fingers wrote:for moving team colors / logos, don't delete stuff.... just drag them down off screen.

Ok, with Looyh's NBC scoreboard, i have restarted from scratch my edits to this point (it's quite easy and fast) :

but when i select teamcolors vector group like i did with teamlogos, no object is highlighted in orange. so i cant move them out of the screen :crazyeyes:
any idea ? :oops:
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:02 am

sticky-fingers wrote:
bongo88 wrote:
sticky-fingers wrote:for moving team colors / logos, don't delete stuff.... just drag them down off screen.

Ok, with Looyh's NBC scoreboard, i have restarted from scratch my edits to this point (it's quite easy and fast) :

[ Image ]

but when i select teamcolors vector group like i did with teamlogos, no object is highlighted in orange. so i cant move them out of the screen :crazyeyes:
any idea ? :oops:

I took a look of looyh 2k19 nbc in blender.
It might be the home_info_cubeShape_2.
Set your camera clip end to something big like 7000
then zoom way out ... looyh has lots of stuff hidden way below. stuff hidden below is irrelevant, but for home_info_cubeShape_2 .... when you select the vector group, the move up/down arrow is way down below.
here is a video: https://streamable.com/6i9qy

hope that helps.

Edit: with camera set to 7000 , just start moving all stuff all around .... top stuff ... probably leave bottom stuff alone, considering looyh put them all down there for a reason. Just create a backup , and you can move stuff all around and figure out which box controls which thing. have fun :)
bongo88

Postby bongo88 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:35 am

in blender you can ctrl + left mouse click to select things .... draw a circle and select things

you can also ctrl + shift + mouse click to de-select thing .... draw a circle to de-select things.

So, in this video , i am selecting vertex group home_info_cubeShape_2 ....... then de-select the bottom items with ctrl + Shift + Mouse click

that will bring the blue drag arrow up to the top portion .... you can use this if you want.

video: https://streamable.com/ri0qm
bongo88

Postby cujomatty on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:11 pm

I got a bunch of stuff figured out for hex editing and started making reference pictures like you did for 2k18 bongo. I have away text. The shot clock. Quarter, and the game clock figured out. Trying to figure out home text right now. For some reason it’s different than away text and I’m having trouble finding it. Anyways I will post my reference pictures once I’m done. It will make hex editing a lot easier for others.
cujomatty

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding