Is 2K removing modded rosters?

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Is 2K removing modded rosters?

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:20 am

I noticed something strange this year.

The DESTTEAM roster, which included about 20 new classic teams, and other modded teams, all of a sudden got stripped of all the additional teams that were added. Now it's just a basic roster.

The 07-08 roster that included modded content (faces, etc) is now listed as corrupt and can't be downloaded.

Two other classic rosters that included modifications to teams are also corrupt.

This isn't just today, I noticed the DESTTEAM situation quite awhile ago.

Is it possible that 2K is trying to cut down on these heavily modded rosters?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Is 2K removing modded rosters?

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:19 am

I'd say it's definitely possible. It may be an inadvertent byproduct of anti-cheat measures, but it may also be done intentionally to avoid any potential problems, since those modded rosters do add players that haven't been licensed.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:09 pm

It's a very bad new and very strange.
If it's done intentionnaly, it's a shame.

I've also noticed that managing steam\userdata\userid\841370\remote folder is more capricious this year.
I'm not sure how it will behave in two years after, the 2k19servers shut down.
sticky-fingers

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:30 am

I could be wrong, but I think I remember something about rosters created before the last major update had issues and were being reverted or corrupted. There was a thread in the modding section that has since been buried.
bluejaybrandon

Postby StyxTx on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:48 am

Would it surprise anyone if they were doing it?
StyxTx

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 pm

StyxTx wrote:Would it surprise anyone if they were doing it?

Yes, it will be a factor for not buying the game.
sticky-fingers

Postby StyxTx on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:22 am

sticky-fingers wrote:
StyxTx wrote:Would it surprise anyone if they were doing it?

Yes, it will be a factor for not buying the game.

So nothing else they have ever done will stop someone from buying the game, but this will?

They have proven over the last few years they have no good faith in them but as long as they are selling more games than the previous year, they don't care.
StyxTx

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:50 am

I just answered for myself, as an offline player, i'm not impacted by all this VC shit.
But if the next game(s) rosters cant be share by 2K share, it would be another factor to decide to keep my 25 bucks.
sticky-fingers

Postby StyxTx on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:24 am

Trouble is the offline stuff gets destroyed by all the patches and updates for on-line. If they would ever completely separate the 2 that would be a step forward.
StyxTx

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:34 am

Patches arent a big issue because on Steam you can downgrade to any previous version. For example, i'm playing 2K16 1.0, 2K17 1.3, 2K19 1.0 ... without all these patches :P

But big picture, classic 5vs5 and IA hasnt improve (or is even worse) because 2K works mostly on the online part of the game, trying to fix cheeses and trying to balance human vs human gameplay.

So if 2K also removes communities modded rosters, there will be nothing left for offline gamers.
sticky-fingers

Postby StyxTx on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:16 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Patches arent a big issue because on Steam you can downgrade to any previous version. For example, i'm playing 2K16 1.0, 2K17 1.3, 2K19 1.0 ... without all these patches :P

But big picture, classic 5vs5 and IA hasnt improve (or is even worse) because 2K works mostly on the online part of the game, trying to fix cheeses and trying to balance human vs human gameplay.

So if 2K also removes communities modded rosters, there will be nothing left for offline gamers.

Would be better if they would sell 2 different products, offline and on-line, and just do necessary fixes for the 2 games separate. It's obvious they are unable to sell them in the same package and still be able to separate the 2 in patches.

I don't know if you can turn Steam to offline and still be able to boot up the game. If so, that would keep the game from updating, at least till you go back on-line with Steam. Problem with that is that I have a lot of Steam games that get updated and if I am off-line that won't happen. Makes me wonder how my other games can get patched or updated without all the new issues that 2k has with any of their updates. Those developers probably have people who actually know what they're doing. 2k may want to look into getting some competent people especially with all the money they rake in from microtransactions. None of my other games has those yet they can hire qualified people.

You can save the original application file and just replace any patched app file I guess.
StyxTx

Postby timmyd on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:41 am

I’m trying to play my season mode with RKJ rosters but today’ I’m getting the message “this save file is currupted and cannot be loaded”.

I believe RKJ roster is based off of the DEST roster too.

F##k hell 2k.
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby maumau78 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:07 pm

I did up my and tested with 3 users (Retro Roster UPDATE 4) and it worked....I usually upload with 1.06 exe

Hope it helps
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K19