[seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY STATEMENT

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

[seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY STATEMENT

Postby seanbarkley on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 am

Hi people, I’was taking some time because I needed tome take some time to think about this because I don't like to take decisions in the heat of the moment.

I’ve joined NLSC in 2008 without any clue on what a mod was, but I instantly fell in love with all that. Since then I collaborated with (and learnt a lot from) people like hokupguy, syxxness, vladzolajr, Leftos and many many others… and everything ended up in the Kicksology mod I’ve created a couple of years ago.

All along these years I started to have friends over here, so I kind of felt part of the family… but now this all happened and it seems that everything I’ve done, all these years haven’t meant a thing. Not a private message to let me know that MAYBE I was against the TOS (because like I said previously vladzolajr or R4zor did sold mods and tools previously – which I consider, I repeat, is not my case at all), not benefit of the doubt, not asking me what I think; just: “as this is charging for mods, regardless of whatever spin you want to put on it” and “If you want to take your ball and go home and sell your mods somewhere else, best of luck. It seems very lucrative”.

You mods and website owners have of course the right to say whatever you want, but IMO I think I should have had the opportunity to be treated as a contributor and not as a swindler, that is how I exactly felt the last couple of days.

The sad part is if Bighort or bluejaybrandon just had a small idea on what my mod is about, and all that includes and all the work that is behind it, I guess they would never have call this a “paid mod” because this 5 shoes I want to give away to contributors are just like a drop of water in the ocean.

That’s why I decided to stop releasing my stuff here. I don’t want hard feelings, we are grown men and I don’t have any bad word at all against anybody, just didn’t like how this all has been dealt.
For all those KICKSOLOGY fans: I’ll keep releasing and updating stuff. Thanks you all for your support this years!
Last edited by seanbarkley on Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 35 times in total.
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
seanbarkley

Re: [seanbarkley] KICKSOLOGY

Postby lesh0430 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:08 am

OMG I'm in tears! lol
I've spent the last few months building up my roster and I try to create shoes for every player. I recently finished all teams but had to make sacrifices due to limited shoe creation space. This right here is EXACTLY what I've needed and I'm truly grateful! Thank you so much for your efforts!
lesh0430

Postby mickachiste on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:17 am

Massive work here :wink:

I am interested in the edited shoes by 2k that it seems you tweaked. How do you changed exactly the shoe color assignement. It seems to be in the shoe_global.iff but can you explain me a bit more. This would be really helpful for the 92 roster and all the created shoes.

Thanks !!!
mickachiste

Postby blas112 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:49 am

Can you upload a roster file here? Thanks :)
blas112

Postby lesh0430 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:03 am

Tried the file. Added files to modded folder. Changed the string in sync.bin. The changed color blocks and shoe images show, but not all the various colorways are showing. Did I do something wrong?
lesh0430

Postby seanbarkley on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:39 am

blas112 wrote:Can you upload a roster file here? Thanks :)

If you tell me what file do I have to upload I'll do!

lesh0430 wrote:Tried the file. Added files to modded folder. Changed the string in sync.bin. The changed color blocks and shoe images show, but not all the various colorways are showing. Did I do something wrong?

If you have all new shoes missing (Kobe AD Exodus, Lebron 16...) it's just a normal issue, just close the game and open it again; it should be fixed. Take into account that when you replace shoe_global.iff file, there're usually more than 1 in SYNC.bin, so you have to replace all of them, that's why I recommed you to use nba2k_Launcher tool. Tell me if it works!
seanbarkley

Postby zbread24 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:40 am

Bro this is some great work but I' getting this msg when trying to download the roster.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zbread24

Postby seanbarkley on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am

zbread24 wrote:Bro this is some great work but I' getting this msg when trying to download the roster.

Have you installed the shoe file already? Damned, don't know why that is happening, I can download it without any issue. I'll upload it tomorrow to Mediafire. What's the file I have to upload? I never did it before....
seanbarkley

Postby lesh0430 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:49 am

seanbarkley wrote:

lesh0430 wrote:Tried the file. Added files to modded folder. Changed the string in sync.bin. The changed color blocks and shoe images show, but not all the various colorways are showing. Did I do something wrong?

If you have all new shoes missing (Kobe AD Exodus, Lebron 16...) it's just a normal issue, just close the game and open it again; it should be fixed. Take into account that when you replace shoe_global.iff file, there're usually more than 1 in SYNC.bin, so you have to replace all of them, that's why I recommed you to use nba2k_Launcher tool. Tell me if it works!

I’m new to editing sync.bin so never knew it was there more than once. They’re working now. Thank you.
lesh0430

Postby seanbarkley on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 am

lesh0430 wrote:
seanbarkley wrote:

I’m new to editing sync.bin so never knew it was there more than once. They’re working now. Thank you.

Great! Don’t forget to vive me some feedback and ley me know what do u think!
seanbarkley

Postby lesh0430 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 am

seanbarkley wrote:
lesh0430 wrote:
seanbarkley wrote:

Great! Don’t forget to vive me some feedback and ley me know what do u think!

Of course. I also plan to donate as I really appreciate your work. Thanks again.
lesh0430

Postby Aston on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 am

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Aston
Culture.

Postby sk1nnyb0nez on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:54 am

this is amazing..THANK U!
sk1nnyb0nez

Postby brodie_00 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:33 pm

can you upload the roster file SB Kicksology here?? thanks :bowdown2:
brodie_00

Postby kiarrakimjp23 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:15 am

can you upload the roster file in mediafire?
Thanks.
kiarrakimjp23

Postby lesh0430 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:11 am

Does having this file allow shoe updates? Like when 2K adds a new shoe?
I've noticed that when the files off I see a new colorway for the fear of God, but with file it's not there.
lesh0430

Postby seanbarkley on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:11 am

brodie_00 wrote:can you upload the roster file SB Kicksology here?? thanks :bowdown2:

kiarrakimjp23 wrote:can you upload the roster file in mediafire?
Thanks.

Done. You can find the links in the first post. Enjoy!

lesh0430 wrote:Does having this file allow shoe updates? Like when 2K adds a new shoe?
I've noticed that when the files off I see a new colorway for the fear of God, but with file it's not there.

Nope, sadly new shoes don't update automatically but no worries, my plan is to update the file everytime a shoe update is released and add new shoe edits if I find the time!BTW, I think they've added a new Converse model too :eh:

Thanks a lot for your kind donation! :bowdown: :applaud:
seanbarkley

Postby SamYeung on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:45 am

Thank you for your amazing mod but I have some difficulty with installing. I downloaded the file in step one and put the content into waigua (another link you shared). after that what should I do? I have no idea what step3 is :(
Last edited by SamYeung on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
SamYeung

Postby lesh0430 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:18 am

lesh0430 wrote:Does having this file allow shoe updates? Like when 2K adds a new shoe?

seanbarkley wrote:Nope, sadly new shoes don't update automatically but no worries, my plan is to update the file everytime a shoe update is released and add new shoe edits if I find the time!BTW, I think they've added a new Converse model too :eh:

Thanks a lot for your kind donation! :bowdown: :applaud:

I figured as much, but thats great, I look forward to it. And you're very welcome!
Last edited by lesh0430 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
lesh0430

Postby seanbarkley on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:58 am

SamYeung wrote:Thank you for your amazing mod but I have some difficulty with installing. I downloaded the file in step one and put the content into waigua (another link you shared). after that what should I do? I have no idea what step3 is :(

You are welcome, basically in step 3 you have to change the name "shoe_global.iff" from SYNC:BIN file to any other thing to make work my shoe global file you have installed into waigua.

You have 2 options:

1. For users get used to hex editing: change the appearances of shoe_global.iff in SYNC file to any other thing with a hex editor and save the changes.
2. The easier way: Download nba2k_launcher https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106600. Install it following the instructions. Once you have done it open the "replacement list" and add the line: shoe_global.iff=xhoe_global.iff to the list, save it and press "sync replace". Once it finishes it should be working. If you don't want the game to overwrite my shoe_global.iff every day just click the option "Lock SYNC.BIN"

Hope this helps!
seanbarkley

Postby Culture Games on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:40 am

Can you have unlimited shoes in 2k19 nowadays? How does it work compared to 2k14 and prior? God the horrible shoe systems we dealt with...
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby MeAndBettyWhite on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:10 pm

This is fantastic and exactly what I’ve been looking for. I only wish I had this sooner as it would have saved me time on the 50 shoes I’ve made lol. I’ve gone through 10 teams and assigned the correct shoes so far and my question is:

If I install the shoe file will it erase all the shoes I’ve made?
MeAndBettyWhite

Postby lesh0430 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:08 am

MeAndBettyWhite wrote:This is fantastic and exactly what I’ve been looking for. I only wish I had this sooner as it would have saved me time on the 50 shoes I’ve made lol. I’ve gone through 10 teams and assigned the correct shoes so far and my question is:

I had made just under 250 shoes before this mod, so I know how you feel!!

The mod doesn't affect your previously created shoes and doesn't affect the shoe limit either.
lesh0430

Postby MeAndBettyWhite on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:32 am

lesh0430 wrote:
MeAndBettyWhite wrote:This is fantastic and exactly what I’ve been looking for. I only wish I had this sooner as it would have saved me time on the 50 shoes I’ve made lol. I’ve gone through 10 teams and assigned the correct shoes so far and my question is:

I had made just under 250 shoes before this mod, so I know how you feel!!

The mod doesn't affect your previously created shoes and doesn't affect the shoe limit either.

That is awesome news thanks. Will be installing tonight. This will save me hours.
MeAndBettyWhite

Postby cujomatty on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:36 am

Alrighty,

Got home from work and downloaded. Easy to follow instructions.

Dude you nailed it with this mod. I'm such a stickler for realism and the process of assigning everyones shoes is so overwhelming. Not anymore!!!!!

I gladly donated some cash to ya.

Thank Thank you Thank you. Seriously........
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Next

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding