Stadium Lighting Color Mod v.1.0 -- 30 Teams Released--

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Stadium Lighting Color Mod v.1.0 -- 30 Teams Released--

Postby bongo88 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Stadium PostFx tutorial threads: here and here (2k19 modding section)
Crowd PostFx tutorial threads: here

Credits:
Santicruyff released a stadium lighting mod for 2k19 (viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106460) where he edited the Stadium PostFx Luminosity value (luminosity range) so that the stadium lighting have a more realistic hue. I used his stadium PostFx files as a base and ported them to 2k18. Mostly bringing the brightness down to acceptable levels. (A direct conversion resulted in very bad lighting. some small edits had to be made.)

Now, for the 2k18 mod:

ALL CURRENT TEAMS LIGHTING ADJUSTMENT MOD

Based on Santicruyff 2k19 Lighting Mod (link) I have adjusted the stadium lighting for all 30 current nba teams. I haven't adjusted the floor texture (fxx.iff) and i haven't adjusted the stadium floor lightmap files (sxx_floor_lightmap.iff). Just for full disclosure :) Mostly due to time constraints. But the lighting still looks very nice.

lighting files download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1807_0cVaO9VzNSoHqCRheY0cj5ammLHc (small download for advanced users)
Advanced Method instructions: drag PostEffect.FxTweakables into your stadium iff to change the stadium lighting.

global Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17fFwjWOgxkM3mD_-YG5VxZXLQ7mSKJBa

**** Note**** Stadium file will work with any floor file and any stadium floor lightmap file. Can use any floor file with the stadium files from this mod. if that makes sense. So, if you don't like the Hornets Court or the Kings Court, just use a different floor file from your favorite modder.

Stadium Previews. Left is Default 2k18, Right is Lighting Mod 2k18

Click on Each Image to view a Large Image in a new tab

76ers Wells Fargo Center
Blazers Moda Center
Bucks Bradley Center
Bulls United Center
Cavs Quicken Loans
Celtics TD Garden
Clippers Staples Center
Grizzlies FedEx Forum
Hawks Phillips Arena
Heat AAA
Hornets Spectrum Center
Pelicans Smoothie King Arena
Jazz Vivint Smart Arena
Kings Golden 1 Arena
Knicks MSG
Lakers Staple Center
Magic Amway Center
Mavs AAC
Nets Barclay Center
Nuggets Pepsi Center
Pacers Bankers Life Field House
Pistons Little Ceasers Arena
Raptors Air Canada
Rockets Toyota Center
Thunder Chesapeake Energy Arena
Spurs ATT Center
Suns Talking Stick Arena
Wolves Target Center
Warriors Oracle Arena
Wizards Capital One Center

Any updates i will post here.
Last edited by bongo88 on Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
bongo88

Re: Stadium Lighting Overhaul - Celtics Stadium

Postby bongo88 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:00 pm

Celtics Stadium

image shows default 2k18 (top left), new stadium tweaks (bottom left), real life (right)

Again, can't make a perfect replica. Just like to have a similar feel while playing the game.
I've attached the PostEffect.FxTweakables to this post. just drag it into the celtics stadium (s005.iff) and see if you like the changes.
file is attached to this post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bongo88

Postby maumau78 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:59 pm

bongo88 wrote:Celtics Stadium
[ Image ]

image shows default 2k18 (top left), new stadium tweaks (bottom left), real life (right)

Again, can't make a perfect replica. Just like to have a similar feel while playing the game.
I've attached the PostEffect.FxTweakables to this post. just drag it into the celtics stadium (s005.iff) and see if you like the changes.
file is attached to this post

Bongo88,

can we just change crowd lighting increase/decrease??

Thx
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Stadium Lighting Color Mod - Celtics Mod

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:44 pm

IMO if You tweak PostEffect.FxTweakables, You have to change the brightness of each floor.
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:18 am

maumau78 wrote:Bongo88,

can we just change crowd lighting increase/decrease??

Thx

for 2k18 it might be somewhere in crowd.data in the stadium file. I haven't really looked into it much. I could run a hex compare between 2k17 crowd data and 2k18 crowd data, which would help narrow it down a bunch. not sure if i'll get to it soon. but yeah, havent looked into it much.

Edit: or it might be in the crowd_lighting.FxTweakables (file in the stadium file). haven't run a compare on that file.

sticky-fingers wrote:IMO if You tweak PostEffect.FxTweakables, You have to change the brightness of each floor.

yeah, i agree. This is just a place for me to throw my stadium post.fx whenever i make them. I might get around to tweaking the floors. Part of the problem is i have no idea who made the stadiums/floors (aamarrowade, mani live, etc etc) to give permission for the textures.

I guess i could just put a blanket permission statement crediting all the mod authors. maybe i'll do that sometime.
Anyways, This is just a random slow project. I usually do a random stadium every once in a while. So, not really expecting much activity here on this thread.
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:52 am

It looks like Manni's court.
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:24 am

Celtics Stadium

I brightened the post.fx and darkend the crowd.fx . Will probably not touch this stadium much more.

file attached to post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:05 am

Lighting is perfect (Y)
you just have to edit the brightness of the floor (around -20 -30)
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:23 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Lighting is perfect (Y)
you just have to edit the brightness of the floor (around -20 -30)

Good to know. haven't had much time to mess with the floor texture. thanks for explaining the brightness edits.
have a good day.
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:47 am

s0xx_floor_lightmap.iff has a huge role on parquet brightness.
sticky-fingers

Re: Stadium Lighting Color Mod v.1.0 -- 30 Teams Released--

Postby bongo88 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:08 am

released the current 30 teams. updated first post with mod information.
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:10 am

Great job, looks so much better (Y)

edit : erh, after a try, on each court, no crowd and players are totally black :? what version do you use ?
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:58 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Great job, looks so much better (Y)

edit : erh, after a try, on each court, no crowd and players are totally black :? what version do you use ?

hmmm. 2k19 crowds don't port to 2k18 crowds. The options would be adjusting default 2k18 crowds or adjusting 2k17 from the twist mod. then adjusting crowd brightness/shadow through the crowd tutorial hex stuffs.

I didn't touch crowds too much due to my limited free time.

About the black players... not sure about that. the brightness in the stadium PostFx.FxTweakables might still be too bright. brightness would be hex offset = 0000015c

But, it would have to be adjusted for each stadium. Each stadium has a different luminosity value, so skin tone varies from stadium to stadium. Suppose draymond green and Clint Capella would be probably the darkest skin toned players.

Skin tone would also depend on what mod you are using (rkj draymond might have a different skin tone than shjutoa draymond).

lots of factors about how lighting will change the players/courts. especially skin tone due to different luminosity settings at each home court.

anyways, here's a screenshot from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QqbcVwIjFM

that is drymond/warriors team at jazz stadium. also a shot of how he looks in my 2k18 game with whatever draymond mod i got running. (so many mods, dunno who made what anymore.)

Here is Draymond at jazz stadium vs Draymond at Rockets stadium (real life, oct/nov of this year) : source links: https://youtu.be/6QqbcVwIjFM?t=93 ; https://youtu.be/_kMIRIPjjWk?t=149

So the jazz may use more Warm/yellow lights, and the rockets might use more blue/flourescent lights, so yeah, skin tone would have to be tweaked for each stadium.
Anyways, with so many factors, not sure about skin tone.

I just toned down brightness and posted for folks to use if they want. I don't have much free time for any major tweaks, but it is a good base to start from. Any refinement would have to be from community. But yeah, if u follow the guides, maybe you can get them all looking how you would like :)

thanks for the feedback. I not really even sure if they are super, super realistic. they could probably use more refinement, but i don't have the time. But if somebody uses it as a base to produce something amazing, then that's what modding is all about :)

Edit

here's my 2k18 jazz draymond vs 2k18 rockets draymond. look about the same. So maybe luminoscity values might need to be tweaked. I Doubt i have to time make small changes. Again, just touched brightness.... not really sure how realistic these settings are.
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:50 am

i forgot to mention that i tried your 2gb pack :?
sticky-fingers

Postby garitheman on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:50 pm

How to edit or mod Floors Court NBA 2K18/19 PC. What tools did you use?
garitheman

Postby bongo88 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:22 pm

bongo88 wrote:The Easy Method Download of this mod also contains floors/stadiums from magnuz (link), AmaroWaade (link), Manni Live (link), and possibly other Modders that I have forgotten.

I haven't done much with stadium floors. the quote above has the links to some great stadium floor threads. Not sure exactly how simple/advanced i should make this post, but i'll keep it fairly basic. If you have more questions, feel free to ask them here. Although my floor knowledge is rather limited.

Here is one tutorial by Lagoa for 2k18 stadium floors: viewtopic.php?f=237&t=104130 . He includes a .psd file.... psd stands for Photoshop Document. it is useful because it has many layers of textures. You can use Gimp or Paint.net, which are both free. here is a link link to tutorial that talks about psd files in free programs.
Or you can obtain a copy of the latest photoshop and use photoshop.

For uniform text, stadium logos, team word arts, floor layouts, etc . Here is a good resource: http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_b ... NBA/logos/
Just select the team you want. it has lots of stuffs, stadium stuffs are at the bottom. Using that combined with live game broadcasts, you can get a feel about how stadium floors should look.

finally, there is stadium floor lightmap.... so the jazz floor is f012.iff , the jazz stadium is s012.iff, and the jazz floor lightmap is s012_floor_lightmap.iff .... the lightmap influences the floor color. But i don't know much about that file.

For changing video game textures, you want a "vector texture".... so, if you want to change the jazz wooden floor, i would google 4k wood vector texture .... or HD wood vector texture .... link example
A vector texture is made for computer graphics stuffs.... video games, movies, etc etc. It has very uniform lighting on it and other unique aspects that work great for modeling programs.
Then you can get into normal maps and bump layers, but that is more advanced. here is a good introduction to the basic principles of those things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXNZkEoTAk
For more advanced tutorial, it would be best to message manni live or amarrowade about best ways to edit stadium floors.

But, for basic stuff .... like updating the lakers floor colors, you can just use photoshop/gimp/paint.net and change colors. Pick a program that you want to use -- photoshop, gimp, paint.net--- look up some tutorials on youtube and just start changing parts of the image.

so, to change the jazz floor...
open f012.iff with 7zip
extract all files to desktop folder
find the texture file ( texture file will be a .dds file)
open the .dds file in gimp/photoshop
make changes
save the file as .dds file
open f012.iff and import your changes, then view in game.

here is a scoreboard tutorial that shows me opening and importing files into a .iff game file (shows me working with the scorebaord .iff file, but floor import/export is the same): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyG960BJt2g

You could even go further and find a good wood paneling vector art and change the floor wood panels. but for more advanced stuff, then manii live and amarrowade would be great people to reach out to.
Anwyays, if you have any more questions, you can ask here. I haven't fiddled much with floor textures, but i'll help where i can.

stadium ID list: (2k19 list, but still the same for 2k18)
viewtopic.php?f=242&t=106325

other Youtube Video tutorials about game files
viewtopic.php?f=237&t=104223

greg file explorer (built for 2k17 but works for 2k18)
viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102445
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:06 am

so i let this thread aside for a while but it works now, and the result is amazing :crazyeyes: :applaud:
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:10 am

sticky-fingers wrote:so i let this thread aside for a while but it works now, and the result is amazing :crazyeyes: :applaud:

glad u enjoying it. some of the crowds are way too bright.... like the nets and the spurs, if i remember. I just havent had much time to fiddle with it (havent had time to play 2k18 at all, haha) , but the crowd_fx could be adjusted, if i ever had time.

edit: nets (s018) and spurs (s025) .... those crowd_fx could be replaced with the warriors crowd_fx..... the warriors look like they have a good dark crowd. from the looks of the screenshot, if you want a dark crowd you could just grab the warriors crowd_fx from the advanced method and put the dark crowd into the stadium. anyways, not at home to test it.... but i remember some crowds needed some work. just hadn't had much time. edit2: attached warrior crowd file to this post. the knicks looks like they have a nice dark crowd as well.

if u post a screenshot about bad crowd lighting, you could help me see which ones could be made darker or brighter.
bongo88

Postby bongo88 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:20 am

sticky-fingers wrote:so i let this thread aside for a while but it works now, and the result is amazing :crazyeyes: :applaud:

also, was wondering what global u are using.... if u remember, hahaha :) global makes a big difference as well. anyways, have a good day
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:17 pm

i use yours, there is a global in your google drive folder ;)

sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:19 am

sticky-fingers wrote:i use yours, there is a global in your google drive folder ;)

oh, haha. good thing i shared it :) no idea what stuffs i got on these forums anymore :) haha
bongo88

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding