If All Star voting ends NOW...

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

If All Star voting ends NOW...

Postby airassault on Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:41 am

1. Shaq will benched (think he'll skip this year's game again, uh, out of embarassment this time?)
2. MJ will be benched (Whoa)
3. So will GP.
4. East starters will have no PF.
5. No signs of Karl Malone this year! (good thing)
6. No signs of Stephon Marbury this year! (bad thing)
7. Bunch of injured guys getting the vote? (Vinsanity, Grant Hill, Camby, Mutombo)
8. Same thing: The West will eat the East alive!

West
C- Yeeoow Ming!!
F- Duncan
F- KG
G- KB12 (as in 12 treys)
G- Stevie Franchise

East
C- Big Ben
F- VC
F- Grant Hill
G- AI
G- T-Mac

I Love This Game! (I am discharging sarcasm)
airassault

Postby MC Hao on Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:13 am

Man, will you update your site? Do a Live 2003 screenshots contest or something.
MC Hao

Postby kobryant on Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:00 am

the west will blowout the east man. all the east guys are injured. they can't do anything. if they put yao ming and shaq in C and PF position, they'll probably win by about 50 points. the east with mt. motumbo out, they lose size, but they have ben. ben is too small to guard yao ming and shaq, if they oth play at the same time. anyone agrees? but i don't think shaq will play. he'll just wait to for yao make a fool of himself on the court, and return next year. mj and the glove is too old that's why they should be in the bench. t-mac. kidd, and ai should start for east. of course kg, duncan. and kobe starts for west. i dunno about stevie franchise, he didn't play good last year. probably, people should vote more on andre miller, cause he is good also. or replace stevie franchise with the glove.

here are my suggested starters

west
yao
duncan
kg
kobe
payton

east
big ben
t-mac
vinsanity
ai
kidd
kobryant

Postby GloveGuy on Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:31 am

Now not only is GP behind Francis and Nash, but he's also behing Mike Bibby!! What is the world coming to. Here's a tip to whoever voted for these guys ahead of GP: Read the latest SLAM, and realize that just because you see these guys on TNT and ESPN, doesn't mean they're better.
GloveGuy

Postby Clinton on Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:28 am

ben is too small to guard yao ming and shaq,

Very true. He is too small to guard Duncan aswell. The West are going to win based on size alone.

Now not only is GP behind Francis and Nash, but he's also behing Mike Bibby!!

That is such a load of crap. Payton should be starting, not behind 3 damn players. The West doesn't need Stevie shooting threes all game, they need GP to get the ball to all the scorers.

East
C- Big Ben
F- VC
F- Grant Hill
G- AI
G- T-Mac

VC and Hill won't be playing, well if they have any respect for their teams they won't. That would open a forward spot for MJ. Jermaine O'Neal should get the other so they have a bit of size. Jason Kidd should be starting at the point. He is the best point guard in the world and he can't get into the starting lineup of the allstar game because of Iverson. The East are gonna have even more trouble with AI running the point.
Clinton

Postby Rens on Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:07 am

Clindrew wrote:That would open a forward spot for MJ. Jermaine O'Neal should get the other so they have a bit of size.

MJ infront of O'Neal? A guy like Mashburn is more deserving than MJ and there are more (Pierce, Glen Robinson, and so on).
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby kobryant on Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:45 am

AI is gonna have trouble going to the basket cause Ming, Duncan and KG will be the wall the he can't knock down. so iverson will prob shoot jumpers instead of driving to the basket.
kobryant

Postby Rens on Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:15 am

Yes ofcourse as always everyone will bring his best defense to the All Star Game so AI probably won't even get an open look I doubt he'll score at all.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Electrifyer on Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:29 am

I wouldn't excatly say that the West is going to win just cuz they're bigger. Two years ago, they said the exact same thing and despite a 20 point lead over the East, they still lost after a huge rally from the smaller Eastern All-Stars.
Electrifyer

Postby Clinton on Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:16 am

Clindrew wrote:
That would open a forward spot for MJ. Jermaine O'Neal should get the other so they have a bit of size.

MJ infront of O'Neal? A guy like Mashburn is more deserving than MJ and there are more (Pierce, Glen Robinson, and so on).

My name is Clinton by the way. Where the hell did Clindrew come from? Anyway, the only reason I said that MJ could get in is because I think it would be good to see him in one more allstar game.
Clinton

Re: ...

Postby airassault on Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:11 pm

Llamaj Mim wrote:Man, will you update your site? Do a Live 2003 screenshots contest or something.

It's coming. It's coming soon man.
airassault

Postby air gordon on Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:35 pm

for me, the all star game is all about entertainment. the east has kidd, the league's best passer (imo). i just hope they put players around him that can fly for his lobs. whoever plays pf&c in the east, i will feel sorry for. the west has a plethera of talented big men to deal with
air gordon

Postby Rens on Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:00 am

Clindrew wrote:
Clindrew wrote:
That would open a forward spot for MJ. Jermaine O'Neal should get the other so they have a bit of size.

My name is Clinton by the way. Where the hell did Clindrew come from? Anyway, the only reason I said that MJ could get in is because I think it would be good to see him in one more allstar game.

Not if there's better players that deserve it more, no?
Rens

Postby Clinton on Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:22 am

Doesn't matter who deserves it, it's who the fans want to see. Why else would Ming be starting for the West? There are a lot of people out there who would like to see MJ in another allstar game.

Clindrew wrote:

I'll tell you again, my name is Clinton. If you are going to quote me can you please use my real name. Can you let me in on your little joke too.
Clinton

Postby Rens on Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:41 am

Clindrew wrote:

Doesn't matter who deserves it, it's who the fans want to see. Why else would Ming be starting for the West? There are a lot of people out there who would like to see MJ in another allstar game.

Maybe because Ming IS the best center in the West? And it doesn't matter who deserves it, indeed. It matters who don't deserve it. And Jordan doesn't deserve a selection, based on the fact other players are more deserving, because they have played better.

Clindrew wrote:
Clindrew wrote:

I'll tell you again, my name is Clinton. If you are going to quote me can you please use my real name. Can you let me in on your little joke too.

Sorry but it goes automatically, I just press the quote button. If you think it's funny I'll just keep it that way. Besides if even you know who is meant...
Rens

Postby Clinton on Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:47 am

Maybe because Ming IS the best center in the West?

Not yet.

based on the fact other players are more deserving, because they have played better.

This doesn't matter. It is who the fans want to see.

Sorry but it goes automatically, I just press the quote button.

So how does that turn my name into something that doesn't look much like my name?

If you think it's funny I'll just keep it that way.

Not so much funny as inmature.

Besides if even you know who is meant...

Come again??
Clinton

Postby scubilete on Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:13 am

I agree Ming is not the best center in any way but he might be the most popular at the moment. Regarding the selections, the fans are just allowed to choose the starting 5, the rest of the selection is on the manager concern.
scubilete

Postby Clinton on Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:19 am

Regarding the selections, the fans are just allowed to choose the starting 5,

But if the two forwards (Carter and Hill) picked by the fans for the East are injured or decide not to play, that means they goto the 2 next popular forwards picked by the fans. I'd say MJ would be one of them.
Clinton

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:37 am

Somewhat like last year, when Carter was injured and MJ was moved to the forward spot, despite being voted in as a guard, while Kidd and AI started at guard. While I'll admit there's players more deserving of an All-Star spot and the starting job, tradition and the idea of a farewell tour may see MJ start one final All-Star game.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Clinton on Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:44 am

While I'll admit there's players more deserving of an All-Star spot and the starting job, tradition and the idea of a farewell tour may see MJ start one final All-Star game.

My point exactly.
Clinton

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:42 pm

And with Carter's return being pushed back further and Hill not being 100%, there's probably a good chance of it happening. I've read that if MJ isn't selected as a starter, he probably won't attend the event.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:22 pm

Andrew wrote:While I'll admit there's players more deserving of an All-Star spot and the starting job, tradition and the idea of a farewell tour may see MJ start one final All-Star game.

And does David Robinson's retirement also warrant him a farewell All-Star appearance?
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Clinton on Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:27 pm

If the fans think it does.
Clinton

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:32 pm

And does David Robinson's retirement also warrant him a farewell All-Star appearance?

I would say it does, but like MJ, that depends on his selection. After all, if MJ doesn't get voted as a starter, he has to be voted by the coaches or he won't even be a reserve. Anyway, yes, I would agree that the Admiral deserves one final appearance as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Clinton on Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:37 pm

Anyone see him beating out Ming or Shaq though??
Clinton

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball