Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:42 am

SMH I tuned in for a Becky update and no mention of her, but what do I get? WWE already trying to bait and switch us and replacing her with Charlotte. What else is new?

They just don't get it. They want us to love her as much as they tried to get us to love Reigns.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:12 am

Also, Nia's push continues.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Becky, Charlotte, and Asuka in a Triple Threat TLC match on TLC.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:13 pm

...they're going to put the belt back on Charlotte, aren't they?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:41 am

I figured that Asuka was brought in so Charlotte wouldn't have to take another loss, but damn I didn't even think about them taking the title off Becky. I didn't think they could be dumb enough to pull the title off the hottest act in town but they are

I did find it interesting that they had Becky spin the story exactly how I would've liked saying Charlotte is trying to steal her act and spotlight, so it'll be interesting to see where they take this. I could see them continuing the feud so at the next ppv they fight over who gets a chance at Ronda maybe?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:44 am

Andrew wrote:...they're going to put the belt back on Charlotte, aren't they?

Oh no, but what if that puts Becky in the Rumble to win it and then face Ronda?
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:49 am

That is definitely a possibility, but I wouldn't want that as then we'd have to sit through yet another uninteresting title reign for Charlotte. I would rather have Becky as the focus of the show week in and week out

Also glad to see Nikki Cross finally rejoin Sanity on SD. I loved watching her on NXT
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:02 am

Agreed, I think that'd take some of the wind out of Becky's sales. It'd be all too easy for them to get comfortable with Charlotte as the face of the division, I reckon.

Meanwhile, Becky has added a line about hugging people she doesn't like when she's concussed to her Twitter bio. I love how she's all in on her character.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 am

An interesting direction on "New Daniel Bryan": An anti-consumerism heel with a holier-than-thou attitude

Looks like Becky will not be in action until TLC, but she's showing up on shows. Man, she must have been so messed up if they didn't let her show up and do promos and stuff while she was injured
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:15 am

Bryan's new character works. I liked how he wasn't suddenly Miz's friend, just because he's a heel now. That was some good writing.

Still can't shake the feeling they're going to put the belt back on Charlotte.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm

I guess the alternative could be to shock people and put it on Asuka and have Charlotte & Becky feud over who wins the rumble and gets Ronda
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:29 pm

It might be their last opportunity to make Asuka relevant after botching the end of her winning streak...by having Charlotte end it, of course.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Asuka winning the TLC main event and becomes the new Smackdown Women's Championship! Although with a little bit of "help" from Ronda Rousey after Ronda pushed off the ladder where Charlotte and Becky were perched on. Becky winning the Rumble confirmed.

And yeah, Ronda's getting better in the ring. I like that her moves get new variations almost in every PPV. That step-up armbar hook transition was awesome.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:43 pm

In the buildup to TLC I was honestly a little surprised at how much support Asuka still gets from the crowd despite her basically buried since losing to Charlotte at mania. Glad to see fans can get behind her now

The outcome was predictable, but it was still a fun match to watch and it was interesting to see how they would come to that finish.

I agree I kinda skipped through the Ronda match but the parts I did watch, she seemed noticably better, more comfortable coming off the top rope, and it's cool to see her working hard and wanting to be better
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:43 pm

It was probably their last shot to do something with Asuka after mishandling the end of her streak on the main roster. Hopefully, this leads to Becky Lynch winning the women's Rumble. Ronda keeps getting better; a match between her and Becky at Wrestlemania would be big, though I also feel it'll be better for Becky if she stays on Smackdown.

Styles vs Bryan was a really good match, which isn't exactly surprising. I'm not totally sure about the ending as it felt a little odd for Styles to slip on a banana peel and succumb to the reversal there, but Bryan winning and keeping the belt is a good result in and of itself. Ambrose vs Rollins was a bit of a letdown, mainly because they had Rollins play the role of dumb babyface and not take the countout victory when he had Ambrose beaten down on the outside. It continues to be an issue with WWE's booking of faces; they either get the Superman treatment, or they're made to look really stupid and naive by the heels.

That being said, they handled it well with Natalya getting her revenge on Ruby Riott and the whole Riott Squad. The finish was pretty good, and it was awesome to see her get her revenge while standing tall in The Anvil's jacket. Orton vs Rey ended with a pretty creative spot with the chairs as well. For a B-level PPV/special event, it came off quite well on the whole.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:40 am

Andrew wrote:...though I also feel it'll be better for Becky if she stays on Smackdown.

This, too. I feel like Vince would still have her lose to Ronda if they indeed pull the trigger of having them face each other at Mania, and she'll probably flounder after that. And that's what I'm afraid of for Becky.

Though I really appreciate the seeds planted at the end of their match, people say that it cheapened Asuka's win -- eh but she's the only one left standing when Charlotte and Becky crashed. What should Asuka do? Wait for both Becky and Charlotte to recover before she climbs the ladder?
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:37 am

I saw someone on Reddit mention that it was kind of poetic. Ronda crashed Asuka's celebration at the Royal Rumble in January, and then helped her come out on top at TLC in December.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:04 am

Rey/Orton match had some cool spots, but holy hell some of the spots in the natalya/ruby match looked hellacious. The bump Liv took was one she sold so well I had to rewatch a few times to see if she really hurt herself. She even seemed to fool Ruby who ran to her side as well. That was surprisingly one of the better matches of the night.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Yeah and I agree with Andrew that for a B-show PPV, it's pretty good. I missed the Smackdown Tag Title match and the Cruiserweight title match. Heard both were good as well.

Meanwhile, EC3, Heavy Machinery, Lacey Evans and Nikki Cross are going to Raw along with Lars Sullivan. Here we go again with NXT call-ups.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:16 pm

I'm hoping they're done with heel authority figures for a little while. That's been overdue for a rest for about a decade now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Eh I think they're back on that schtick on Raw since it's going to be Wrestlemania season in weeks time. They'll find a way to squeeze HHH, Shane, and Steph into the storylines again.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:08 pm

I wouldn't mind having a NXT invasion angle again but this time with Trips leading NXT vs Shane and Smackdown vs Vince and Raw, with Stephanie being the wildcard.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lean on Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:51 pm

I wrote:Meanwhile, EC3, Heavy Machinery, Lacey Evans and Nikki Cross are going to Raw along with Lars Sullivan. Here we go again with NXT call-ups.

Oh, I think they're spreading out between Raw and Smackdown. Heavy Machinery is confirmed to go to Smackdown earlier. Hope Nikki Cross comes along to complete Sanity.

Mustafa Ali is elevated up to the Smackdown roster from 205 Live and pins Bryan in a tag team match after a reverse 450 splash, hitting Bryan in the face with one of his knees.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Lean wrote:
Andrew wrote:...though I also feel it'll be better for Becky if she stays on Smackdown.

This, too. I feel like Vince would still have her lose to Ronda if they indeed pull the trigger of having them face each other at Mania, and she'll probably flounder after that. And that's what I'm afraid of for Becky.

Yeah I'm afraid that they're only "listening to fans" in kayfabe and will go back to favoring all the "hot" blond bimbos they put in front of us.

I have to be skeptical of the "changes" they're making but I find it hilarious that they've in a way addressed the rumors about the management not happy with the show sucking as of late

I do like them getting rid of mandatory title rematches

I do like that invasion angle. It's been done plenty of times before but NXT is definitely it's own brand now. I think it's funny that Nikki Cross is a new face but she's already debuted
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:39 pm

I'm sceptical too. I could see a few changes being rushed through, a mixture of good and bad ideas, before everything regresses to the mean and it's business as usual.

The rematch clause is an interesting one, because it's something that's only ever brought up when the story demands it (much like the necessity to defend a title at least once in a 30 day span). To that end, it'll be interesting to see if they stick with it. Professional wrestling rules and regulations are only ever enforced as needed, so the observant fan has been trained not to expect that kind of consistency. I guess we'll see.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic