60fps but feels laggy as hell in offline matches

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

60fps but feels laggy as hell in offline matches

Postby tobay2k on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:19 am

Hey guys, I know many have the same problem but I couldn't find a fix so I hope someone can help me. I have a gtx 1060 6gb
We all know the screen tearing problem in all online modes in 2K19. Which is fixed by forcing Vsync trough nvidia control panel and leaving it off ingame. The game in all online modes runs perfectly smooth and fine now.

Where I need help with is the offline matches.

It feels so damn LAGGY despite constant 60 fps, only while gameplay/in Broadcast camera/ in which angle u play, NOT in cutscenes. No matter which settings in graphics menu (low-ultra), which monitor refresh rate, vsync on/off ingame or nvidia control panel, switch buffer count etc. tried it all, it doesn't change the lag/stutter which is difficult to explain, it feels like micro stutter and makes the game unplayable for me, just after a smooth normal online match which has the annoying 30fps cutscenes but at least smooth 60 fps gameplay from main camera angle
So sad 2K, no other previous 2K had that issue :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thankful for any kind of help since it seems such a fixable issue but I'm out of ideas. :cry: Thanks in advance!
Last edited by tobay2k on Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
tobay2k

Re: 60fps but feels laggy as hell in offline matches

Postby Bassman58 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:08 am

I turned the crowd detail to medium. Seems the game had a little lag when transitioning from near to further out. This did not change the FPS much but the lag is very minimal and not very often now.
Bassman58

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:45 am

Few tips :

With VSYNC ON, try to cap your game at 59 frames per second on a 60hz monitor to reduce input lag considerably.
Try to change Pre-Rendered Frames to 1
Try to turn Steam in offline mode.
sticky-fingers

Postby tobay2k on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:03 am

Thanks guys, tried both but no change :roll:
tobay2k

Postby miki_92 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:01 am

I have the same card and on 60 fps I get the same feeling, but since my monitor have 72Hz refresh rate running the game on 72fps did the trick for me, much smoother, lag free experience
miki_92

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:27 am

Turning on VSync and Dynamic VSync or whatever its called worked for me. I'm using a GTX 1050 Ti
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby tobay2k on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:58 am

Didn't help guys :( When you play an offline match directly after online match you notice it so much we need a fix :(
tobay2k

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Try
- MSI afterburner, check GPU usage%.
- game optimization with GeForce experience profile.

Check also this post on OS : https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... stcount=10
Last edited by sticky-fingers on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
sticky-fingers

Postby gmjb33 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:13 pm

RIvaTuner Statistics Server.Add NBA2K19.exe and set framerate limit to 60.Try this way :)
gmjb33

Postby tobay2k on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:02 pm

No change guys, RIvaTuner Statistics Server cap only gives massive tearing and what do you mean by game optimization with GeForce experience profile sticky-fingers? So sad online runs perfect :( :( :(
tobay2k

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:26 pm

Tobay93 wrote:what do you mean by game optimization with GeForce experience profile sticky-fingers? So sad online runs perfect :( :( :(

Install Geforce Experience
Launch, it should detect your games.
Select NBA 2K19, then Optimize.
sticky-fingers

Postby tobay2k on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:44 am

sticky-fingers wrote:
Tobay93 wrote:what do you mean by game optimization with GeForce experience profile sticky-fingers? So sad online runs perfect :( :( :(

Install Geforce Experience
Launch, it should detect your games.
Select NBA 2K19, then Optimize.

thanks for the advices just tried it, didn't fix no change, steam controller settings also.. by the way I recently changed my Gpu from Rx 470 to gtx 1060 and problem persists on both
tobay2k

Postby tobay2k on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:16 am

I'm really out of ideas guys I believe 2K fucked it up but because the most people complain about online lags I somehow think not everyone experiencing this issue which makes me more angry on 2K because all other games on my system run perfect and I simply can't enjoy a sports game like this. Some unexperienced gamers maybe wouldn't notice it that much but after a fluid online match it looks so stuttery. I think I tried everything I had to ever tweak on a game where the stutter is clearly not referenced to not enough hardware power or too high details. All Vsync options ingame and through different programs (Nvidia profile, Rivatuner, D3D) while leaving it off ingame, Changing Refresh rate of monitor, Disable Msi Afterburner/OC, change Buffer Count ingame and pre rendered frames through nvidia control.

If anyone has tips pls help friends right now I'm regretting buying 2K19 this year because only online modes not enough I alsways loved playing 2K at home on the couch with friends the most :(

Started a 2K18,16 and 15 match just before and no game has the issue all buttery smooth :(
tobay2k

Postby Lagoa on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:28 am

Same here, never work.... i5 + RX 470

My Steam version run like a crap.... tested Codex version and looks good.... it´s a JOKE! :evil: :evil: :evil:
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:05 am

Dont forget to disable overlay in Steam (right click on 2K game > disable overlay)
sticky-fingers

Postby tobay2k on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:17 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Dont forget to disable overlay in Steam (right click on 2K game > disable overlay)

Didn't change anything. But I found the culprit guys!!!!!

I once more checked switching only one setting at a time in the graphics menu and PLAYER DETAIL is the culprit that causes the micro stutter for me. Player Detail On medium and all other settings on Ultra the game is buttery smooth (just like online gameplay with everything on Ultra weirdly) but with PLAYER DETAIL ON HIGH the awkward stutter occurs despite constant 60fps. So strange

Also tried the game on medium and even LOW with only player detail on HIGH which still makes the micro sutter occur which makes it a fact that the PLAYER DETAIL ON HIGH is broken/buged because the fps remain 60 the same as on medium just like I explained before.

Don't know to be happy or sad because jerseys and shorts don't move on medium :cry:
tobay2k

Postby rooock on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 am

thanks for finding the solution - i was wondering wtf.

now i am going to make a post about how to fix the horrible physics of the ball and i hope there is a sulotuon for that. Right now the ball feels like it is made out of plastic not rubber when it bounces.
rooock

Postby Mindozavr on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:21 am

Tobay93 wrote:
sticky-fingers wrote:Dont forget to disable overlay in Steam (right click on 2K game > disable overlay)

Didn't change anything. But I found the culprit guys!!!!!

I once more checked switching only one setting at a time in the graphics menu and PLAYER DETAIL is the culprit that causes the micro stutter for me. Player Detail On medium and all other settings on Ultra the game is buttery smooth (just like online gameplay with everything on Ultra weirdly) but with PLAYER DETAIL ON HIGH the awkward stutter occurs despite constant 60fps. So strange

Also tried the game on medium and even LOW with only player detail on HIGH which still makes the micro sutter occur which makes it a fact that the PLAYER DETAIL ON HIGH is broken/buged because the fps remain 60 the same as on medium just like I explained before.

Don't know to be happy or sad because jerseys and shorts don't move on medium :cry:

absolutely true! :|
i think only i was in that type of situation..

in online everything works fine, but offline exibition game has micro stutter

anybody knows how to solve this problem?? :(
Mindozavr

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:37 am

Have you tried to play offline with Steam turned offline too ?
sticky-fingers

Postby Mindozavr on Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:16 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Have you tried to play offline with Steam turned offline too ?

same :(

everything works perfectly in online. but offline, game has micro stutter when i play extibition match 5 vs 5
any other mode works fine, training, 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and etc.
Mindozavr

Postby Ortho on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:37 pm

The game has broken fullscreen vsync. Here is what you need to do:
Disable ingame vsync, open a profile for nba 2k19 in riva statistics server, set frameTIMES to what corresponds to your monitor refresh rate, mine is 59.94 hertz so its 16698 in framtime. Next, go to nvidia control panel and force vsync ON for nba 2k19.
There you go, smooth game, if you can play on 75 hertz set it to 13336 like I do, its super smooth even with my now potato gtx 1050 ti.
Ortho

Postby Mindozavr on Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:54 am

Ortho wrote:The game has broken fullscreen vsync. Here is what you need to do:
Disable ingame vsync, open a profile for nba 2k19 in riva statistics server, set frameTIMES to what corresponds to your monitor refresh rate, mine is 59.94 hertz so its 16698 in framtime. Next, go to nvidia control panel and force vsync ON for nba 2k19.
There you go, smooth game, if you can play on 75 hertz set it to 13336 like I do, its super smooth even with my now potato gtx 1050 ti.

i know how to set refresh rate (60), but dont know how to set frametimes :(
Mindozavr

Postby Ortho on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:43 am

Mindozavr wrote:

You mean you know how to set 60 frameRATE in riva tuner? :) You can set it in with . to decimals, like 59.94 or whatever is your refresh rate. But, nevermind that, set frametimes, just click on framerate section and it should transform to frametimes. set it to correspond to your exact refresh rate, check that here:
https://www.vsynctester.com/
and hit enter after you input the frametimes.
Ortho

Postby Mindozavr on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:56 am

Ortho wrote:
Mindozavr wrote:

You mean you know how to set 60 frameRATE in riva tuner? :) You can set it in with . to decimals, like 59.94 or whatever is your refresh rate. But, nevermind that, set frametimes, just click on framerate section and it should transform to frametimes. set it to correspond to your exact refresh rate, check that here:
https://www.vsynctester.com/
and hit enter after you input the frametimes.

i did everything that you tell and still same :(

its really weird, because in online everything is perfect, but offline has micro stutter,
if i select player detail level medium in settings, than offline is working fine too, this setting has bug :(
Mindozavr

Postby Rodzilla91 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:07 am

It just kind of looks weird to me, like when people inbound the ball and they bring it up the court it just kind of looks like it drops frames, when in reality it doesnt, i did all the stuff, it runs fine and smooth it just doesnt look like the frames are consistent. Maybe I'm just not used to 2k19 anymore (i played it on PS4 a lot, and ive played 2k14 on pc more often recently) but it looks incredibly slow and looks like it stutters.
Rodzilla91

Next

Return to NBA 2K19