Dee4Three Sliders - Improvements to player movement - Full slider set included

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: Dee4Three Sliders - Improvements to player movement

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:03 pm

intruda wrote:THought I was gong crazy but whatever new stuff with sliders isnt updated on 2kshare. Everything is still 45 user 55cpu. Couldnt stop the enviable

I havn't updated it with the sim sliders yet, sorry about that.

I'll get to it tomorrow for you. In the meantime, you could always copy down what I have on this thread.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby intruda on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:56 am

Dee4Three wrote:
intruda wrote:THought I was gong crazy but whatever new stuff with sliders isnt updated on 2kshare. Everything is still 45 user 55cpu. Couldnt stop the enviable

I'll get to it tomorrow for you. In the meantime, you could always copy down what I have on this thread.

Sorry didnt finish my complete thought. I made the changes posted above no biggie. For the most part I was playing on HOF default with your speed/movement tweaks. I can compete in the game but I cannot get shot timing down to hang on HOf. Not looking for greens but I dont feel rewarded for getting good looks. Running plays and creating space just isnt enough. I prefer a sim bball(2ks version) experience vs what Hof eventually forces you to do. Run a great offense/defense but cant hit a jumpshot consistently enough for my liking. If I up my shooting sliders I would be in the 60s shooting percentage.

The tweaks posted is great for around the rim. Feels like I can actually defend without seeing the bs stuff. The sliders are great and ill keep practicing.

Ill try to apply your settings to allstar/superstar with some tweaks in favor of cpu.
intruda

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:19 am

intruda wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Sorry didnt finish my complete thought. I made the changes posted above no biggie. For the most part I was playing on HOF default with your speed/movement tweaks. I can compete in the game but I cannot get shot timing down to hang on HOf. Not looking for greens but I dont feel rewarded for getting good looks. Running plays and creating space just isnt enough. I prefer a sim bball(2ks version) experience vs what Hof eventually forces you to do. Run a great offense/defense but cant hit a jumpshot consistently enough for my liking. If I up my shooting sliders I would be in the 60s shooting percentage.

The tweaks posted is great for around the rim. Feels like I can actually defend without seeing the bs stuff. The sliders are great and ill keep practicing.

Ill try to apply your settings to allstar/superstar with some tweaks in favor of cpu.

Thanks for the feedback. And yeah, I would recommend trying them on All star and Superstar. My video above is on HOF, I lost but I was right in it (my turnovers killed me).

My biggest goal was to target player movement, and that worked. The players move much better on the floor, the FEEL of the game feels a lot more loose and overall better. I'm actually enjoying the game now (you probably saw my early thoughts on it).

Also, kind of what you alluded to, just because you backtrack to All Star or Superstar doesn't mean you won't eventually get to HOF again, it's a completely new game. I've just been playing it a ton over the last week.

User Timing wise, just remember that releases are quicker this year, making it hard to adjust from 2K17 and 2K18. I don't use the meter, but once I learned players shots and how they release them, my FG% was better (like in my video you see me pulling up with Wall and Beal a lot). User timing on layups is like real life, where you have to time the release correctly in order to have a better chance of making the shot. Also remember, green doesn't exist on every shot. If you are contested or semi contested on a shot or at the rim, the meter doesn't even show green. Or, if you shoot with a poor shooter, the meter doesn't give you a green option either. My recommendation is to know your players, know how much space you have, know your mismatches, and practice it. I also recommend shutting off the shot meter, watch your player instead of a meter.

Also, they took protected shots out of the game (which I'm happy about). If you have a mismatch size wise (Whether it be on catch and shoot or face up) don't hesitate to shoot it over the top of the defender. These will go in more often than you think, because the contest by a shorter defender isn't as good.

Good luck, I'll look at doing some minor tweaks to the sliders mentioned.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Here is a game I played tonight against the CPU, I am the Kings. Some cool things in this video. For one, I am using a game data mod that removes the circle from under the player, which gives it more of a broadcast appeal. Also, I'm using an accurate FOX scoreboard mod which was created by Looya. Obviously some other graphical enhancements as well.

This game was played with HOF as a base, the foul sliders from the first post (Mrwrestling3 section), and some of my own tweaks. I kept body up sensitivity at 0 for this one, but raised ball security to 70, and lowered hands to 35. I also placed off rebounding at 40, and DEF rebounding at 60, which seemed to give me a decent result. Overall, I like the stats here.

I'll post the full slider set tomorrow (more in depth).

The shooting in this game was.. well... low, especially beyond the arc. However, the percentages certainly match up with a lot of real life NBA games. I liked the pace of this game, as I feel it matched what might happen in a real game between the two. I posted the halftime stats, and the full game stats below. Also through testing, I noticed a significant different in CPU accuracy even when just lowering shooting slider 2 points. Even a small reduction like that, can drop the FG% of the CPU (So in this case where the defense was high, the shooting percentages might have been in the 30's, especially if you were playing tight D). Right stick defense is really key this year against the CPU.

My recommendation to those who what a good challenge, but are having issues with HOF, is to lower the shooting sliders for the CPU from 55 to 52 or 53, and up user shooting sliders from 45 to 47 or 48.

This video includes the introductions for both teams, and I made the video to honor a community request made by one of my subscribers. So, I can kind of kill two birds with one stone with a video like this, where I can honor a request and at the same time test sliders and give you guys some highlights. My Youtube channel has actually picked up the last month or so (From 880 subs to 1100), So for those who have subscribed, thanks for the support.

Anyway, enjoy!

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby talladega on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:21 am

I'have seen your last game and i liked very much, the gameplay is very nice and I saw the player finally beat the opponent one on one.

What's the game data mod that removes the circle from under the player?

Thanks, i'm waiting you post the full slider.
talladega

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Alright, so these will also be posted on the first post on this thread.

So I've been experimenting with the sliders, trying to combine the areas I mentioned that are the most important. This slider set takes two forms, one (Which will be the main set) is more to challenge you against the CPU, and in order to hold them to realistic shooting percentages, you will have to play sound defense. The second set is tailored around a more loose approach, and the more loose approach is having the CPU offense sliders match the user sliders. As you noticed, none of my shooting sliders or overall sliders are pro or sub pro difficulty, because I think most everybody can agree that it's to easy.

*Game Speed: 48

For User, everything else is the same but the offense section at the top. Here are those sliders.

*Hidden is contact shot success, which should be at 48

I'll state again: If you want to relax the gameplay a bit, keep all the sliders the same but change the CPU offense (top section) to the User sliders from that section.

And, if you want a better challenge than both options above, do HOF shooting for CPU and User, while keeping the other sliders the same.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby talladega on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Thanks,
do you have already posted on 2Kshare?
talladega

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:03 am

talladega wrote:Thanks,

Yup, uploaded on PC under Dee4three Sliders.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby intruda on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:52 am

Dee4Three wrote:

The sliders uploaded to 2k arent the same thats in the pictures.

Also the sliders you upload, is that based off hof?
intruda

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:59 am

intruda wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

The sliders uploaded to 2k arent the same thats in the pictures.

Also the sliders you upload, is that based off hof?

They should be, I just checked and they looked the same to me. And they are based on HOF and tweaked after.

You could keep HOF shooting/defense, and use my other tweaks and the player movement if you would like.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:39 am

Here is a game I just played using the 11-12 Knicks vs the 11-12 Thunder. Close game, I lit it up with Melo.These are the game highlights.

This game is using my sliders from the first page (The 9-29-18 update), with the only adjustment being 3PT shot tendency at 70 for the CPU. However, they still didn't take a ton of threes, but I made it a point to try to run them off the 3pt line as often as possible.

I loved the pace of this game, the diversity in shots, the defense overall. I like the balance between off/def rebounds, the assists, the PIP ratio, etc. The game just felt good, and gameplay is everything. The free throw attempts for the Thunder were low, but that's because of the way I was playing defense mostly.I hold my ground in the paint (using the R Stick to play defense a lot) as opposed to jumping for blocks, which is the reason why a lot of fouls happen in the paint.

Shooting sliders in this game obviously favor the CPU, as they are from the screenshots where the CPU is in the low to mid 50's, and the user is in the mid to high 40's. As I stated prior, I give three solid options with these sliders. 1. The peak challenge, where it's default HOF shooting for user and CPU, 2. The more sim yet good chalenge which are in the screens above, 3. and the relaxed challenge, where the CPU shooting mimics the user shooting from the screens.

My sliders have been a hit on Operation Sports, the thread is at 24 pages right now. People are really enjoying the feel of the game with the sliders, so try them out for yourself!

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball-sliders/939984-improved-player-movement-sliders.html

Here is the video, box score,and shot chart: Again, I'm the Knicks here.

12 Minute Quarters

(Disregard the first highlight. I had started the game, and my brother came home so we played something, and I restarted the game, I forgot to take that highlight out)

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Dee4Three Sliders - Improvements to player movement - Full slider set included

Postby Uncle Drew on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 am

Can anything be done about those floater shots, they never seem to not go in. CPU makes a living on those shots. 2K shouldn't have coded the game for every one to go in. Ridiculous.
Uncle Drew

Re: Dee4Three Sliders - Improvements to player movement - Full slider set included

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:51 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Can anything be done about those floater shots, they never seem to not go in. CPU makes a living on those shots. 2K shouldn't have coded the game for every one to go in. Ridiculous.

If you are talking about floaters (Back on the joystick without turbo being held), those need to be timed like any other shot. I have a solid success rate if I time them properly and execute them with enough space. If you are using real player %, that could be the problem, as you will get random misses on those shots with plenty of blue sky just because the game is trying to factor in the players percentage as opposed to how well YOU shot it.

For the CPU, contesting with the joystick causes a slew of misses. I know that I can hold the CPU to a low FG% if I am using the joystick on defense and in the offensive players space. Whether it's the quick close out, or the joystick forward, as long as you are in that space and not just standing with your arms are your sides, you will cause a lot of misses.

So to answer the question, floaters are not an issue for me or the CPU because of the details I mentioned above.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:Can anything be done about those floater shots, they never seem to not go in. CPU makes a living on those shots. 2K shouldn't have coded the game for every one to go in. Ridiculous.

If you are talking about floaters (Back on the joystick without turbo being held), those need to be timed like any other shot. I have a solid success rate if I time them properly and execute them with enough space. If you are using real player %, that could be the problem, as you will get random misses on those shots with plenty of blue sky just because the game is trying to factor in the players percentage as opposed to how well YOU shot it.

For the CPU, contesting with the joystick causes a slew of misses. I know that I can hold the CPU to a low FG% if I am using the joystick on defense and in the offensive players space. Whether it's the quick close out, or the joystick forward, as long as you are in that space and not just standing with your arms are your sides, you will cause a lot of misses.

So to answer the question, floaters are not an issue for me or the CPU because of the details I mentioned above.

You must be damn good then. Every floater the CPU takes goes in, they haven't missed one yet. Maybe my reflexes are getting slow, it's a bitch getting old you know. :D
Uncle Drew

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:19 am

Uncle Drew wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

You must be damn good then. Every floater the CPU takes goes in, they haven't missed one yet. Maybe my reflexes are getting slow, it's a bitch getting old you know. :D

It is a bitch getting old. I've had 20/20 vision all my life, but recently I've felt like my eyesight is going haha.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi all, sorry I've been away.

Played a game with tweaked movement sliders. Since one of the recent patches, the game seemed to be slowed down even more (with speed breaking more). I changed the movement sliders to a 80-60 splits, with the acceleration slider increased to 80, I also upped the game speed from 48 to 50. The fastbreaks (As you will see in this video) look better with a more realistic pace with these adjustments. The stats are at the end of the video. With these movement sliders, you don't have the annoying "Offensive player slowing down with the ball for no reason on the fastbreak" or the "Defender transferring to the ball handler" or "Defender unnaturally sliding in front of the ball handler" on the break.

The PIP splits are fantastic for the CPU, I was attacking the paint more which is why mine are higher, the CPU was shooting a lot of threes, and the free throws look decent. The rebounds are high because of the pace I was playing at, but the off/def rebound ratio looks great. Most importantly, the game feels solid. The free throw numbers I am overall happy with, and I LOVE the shooting percentages. This game was played with my HOF base for shooting (For user and CPU, with the tweaks I listed above as well as the sliders screens I posted most recently.

With Jimmy Butler and Justin Patton being traded to the 76ers today for Robert Covington, Dario Saric, Bayless and a 2022 second round pick, I figured I'd put the teams against eachother fully intact after the trade.

Here are the highlights using the tweaks I mentioned above. Tight game, but a really fun one. I'm the 76ers here.

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Previous

Return to NBA 2K19