Being held by opponent

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Being held by opponent

Postby StyxTx on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:05 am

I'm playing the league and something new has appeared that should not be in the game at all. I am now having opposing players actually holding me by the jersey in order to prevent me from moving around. Literally grabbing it with their hands and not letting go. If I move away from them a bit their arms actually extend to keep a hold on me. When did this become ok in basketball? If it isn't ok then why is it in the game at all? This isn't wrestling. :x
StyxTx

Re: Being held by opponent

Postby [Q] on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:53 am

This has been an option since the demo. You hold down on right stick during a push off attempt to hold them. I get called for fouls occasionally when holding. It's perfect for street games
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:03 pm

It happens in the NBA too (and always has), though it is a foul if the refs catch it. It's possible it's not being called enough in the NBA portions of NBA Live 19, but it's definitely a tactic players attempt.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:07 pm

Andrew wrote:It happens in the NBA too (and always has), though it is a foul if the refs catch it. It's possible it's not being called enough in the NBA portions of NBA Live 19, but it's definitely a tactic players attempt.

Well it's happening way too much. These are 2 hand holds, like you would do if you're getting ready to fight someone. And it never gets called. It isn't just a quick grab either. I am basically frozen in place for most of the play. I still feel it should not be in the game, especially if it isn't going to be called. There is no reason a player should be eliminated from a play by using this tactic. Funny thing is, I never see it happen between AI players.

Why is it these basketball games insist on allowing the AI to do things, or get away with things, the human players can't? The other sports games I play don't do that, not that I've noticed anyway. But these basketball games are so blatant about it. Just comes across as cheating.
StyxTx

Postby [Q] on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:47 am

All star difficulty is virtually cheating for the CPU. They're hitting all kinds of layups and getting ridiculous interceptions that the user isn't allowed to have
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA Live 19