Random GTA Talk Thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Postby shadowgrin on Sun May 11, 2008 7:41 am

Lamrock93 wrote:some guy wearing a Kyle Korver jersey jumped me afterwards.

Now that's a real life and death situation. Glad you survived that ordeal in one piece Lamrock. Those Korver fanatics are real cutthroats. Bastards I say.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Re: Random GTA Talk Thread

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:20 am

Because I'm gravedigging with this thread, you see. Ahem.

I've been playing San Andreas again on PC, to get in the mood for GTA V. I'm guessing I've grown more patient and more strategic as I've gotten older, as I managed to get past the mission I was stuck on towards the end of the Los Santos chapter (ridiculously early on in the game, I know) and finally got through to the next chapter. It's been fun to pick it up again and actually see some new stuff, outside of videos on YouTube.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:43 am

you never finished GTA SA?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:44 am

Nope, never did. I put it aside years ago when I got stuck and never got back into it, but felt like giving it another shot recently.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:20 am

I never quite finished San Andreas but I used to mess around with my brother's completed save. Couldn't beat the David Cross RC mission. Amazing game though.
Lamrock

Postby Sauru on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Lamrock wrote:I never quite finished San Andreas but I used to mess around with my brother's completed save. Couldn't beat the David Cross RC mission. Amazing game though.

fuck that mission. i mean really fucking fuck that fucking mission
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm dreading any of the flying missions, but for now I'll enjoy the new scenery and missions I should've gotten to a long time ago.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ixcuincle on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:57 pm

First time I beat GTA:SA, it was using cheat codes. Beat it clean the second time around, although the flying missions are pretty difficult to do with a keyboard and mouse.

I had to outsource the save to another forum. Other than the flying missions, it's a pretty fun experience.
ixcuincle

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:15 pm

I'm using a dual analog gamepad for the most part, with some functions assigned to the keyboard.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ixcuincle on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:23 am

phpBB [video]
ixcuincle

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:21 am

Well, that's different.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:51 pm

So I picked up GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas for PS4 some time back as they were on sale, and I'm a sucker for double-dipping like that with old favourites if the price is right. What I'd really like to see is a PS4 re-release of Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, since I only have them on PS2, and it'd be convenient to be able to fire them up on my current console.

Fortunately, it's looking like that's going to happen at some point. Still no release date as yet, but it would seem that they're in the pipeline. Again, I'll gladly double-dip for the convenience, especially since Liberty City Stories is probably my favourite GTA game. It's certainly up there.

As an aside, I was playing through the ambulance missions in GTA III on PS4, and got to Level 15; completing that grants unlimited sprint. I picked up the last patients and had plenty of time to get back to the hospital and complete the mission, but carelessly rolled the ambulance driving through the slopes of Harwood, resulting in failure so close to victory. After that, I had to shut the game off and put it aside for a while.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:16 am

Good thing I kept my PS2, because I'm still rocking GTA III, Vice, SA, LCS & VCS.

Andrew, after 14 years of ignoring Zero's missions, I finally nailed them (with great effort). On the original versiop of SA (which I have), the clock goes down too fast on "Supply Lines", making it difficult to complete the mission . Eventually Rockstar fixed the glitch for later versions. But to this day, SA is my favorite GTA game. I play it more than IV, V & Episodes from LC.
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:33 am

I never beat GTA III, but I did beat V but I do feel like I missed out on some stuff considering I played the PS3 version and they added more stuff for PS4 and also I killed Trevor so I think I missed some missions and stuff with him
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Jeffx wrote:Good thing I kept my PS2, because I'm still rocking GTA III, Vice, SA, LCS & VCS.

Andrew, after 14 years of ignoring Zero's missions, I finally nailed them (with great effort). On the original versiop of SA (which I have), the clock goes down too fast on "Supply Lines", making it difficult to complete the mission . Eventually Rockstar fixed the glitch for later versions. But to this day, SA is my favorite GTA game. I play it more than IV, V & Episodes from LC.

Same. I've never traded in any of my consoles, so I've still got my PS2 and those games. I enjoy dusting them off from time to time, but as I said, I'd gladly double-dip to have LCS and VCS on PS4 for convenience. Hopefully they come out soon.

I like SA, but the territory/turf war mechanic has always annoyed me. Same with the empire building in VCS, and to a lesser extent, the original VC. To me it feels like something that should be optional, but it's too integrated with the main storyline missions.

[Q] wrote:I never beat GTA III, but I did beat V but I do feel like I missed out on some stuff considering I played the PS3 version and they added more stuff for PS4 and also I killed Trevor so I think I missed some missions and stuff with him

I haven't finished IV or V. It took me years to finish III. I've mentioned it before in this topic, but I have a habit of getting stuck in GTA games, putting them aside for a long time, then trying again down the track. It's weird because I do really like the series, but a lot of the games will hit me with a mission that turns out to be a frustrating roadblock to the point where I have to take a break. LCS might be the only game I've played solidly from start to finish in a short amount of time. It just really drew me in for some reason.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:43 am

Andrew wrote:
Jeffx wrote:Good thing I kept my PS2, because I'm still rocking GTA III, Vice, SA, LCS & VCS.

Same. I've never traded in any of my consoles, so I've still got my PS2 and those games. I enjoy dusting them off from time to time, but as I said, I'd gladly double-dip to have LCS and VCS on PS4 for convenience. Hopefully they come out soon.

I like SA, but the territory/turf war mechanic has always annoyed me. Same with the empire building in VCS, and to a lesser extent, the original VC. To me it feels like something that should be optional, but it's too integrated with the main storyline missions.

[Q] wrote:I never beat GTA III, but I did beat V but I do feel like I missed out on some stuff considering I played the PS3 version and they added more stuff for PS4 and also I killed Trevor so I think I missed some missions and stuff with him

I haven't finished IV or V. It took me years to finish III. I've mentioned it before in this topic, but I have a habit of getting stuck in GTA games, putting them aside for a long time, then trying again down the track. It's weird because I do really like the series, but a lot of the games will hit me with a mission that turns out to be a frustrating roadblock to the point where I have to take a break. LCS might be the only game I've played solidly from start to finish in a short amount of time. It just really drew me in for some reason.

LCS doesn't have those really hard missions that take more than 5x to complete, like "N.O.E.", "Supply Lines", "The Driver" or "Sexy Time".
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:35 am

Good point. I remember a couple of missions taking me a few attempts, but nothing I got stuck on as in other games in the series.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:16 am

Andrew wrote:Good point. I remember a couple of missions taking me a few attempts, but nothing I got stuck on as in other games in the series.

Actually, VCS has some of the hardest missions. Not only are they hard, but long too.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:21 am

I forget the mission that I got stuck on in VCS, causing me to put it aside for...well, a long time now. Unfortunately it's looking like they might not end up bringing LCS and VCS to PS4 after all, which is a shame. As I said, I'd buy them again for the convenience and remastering.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:11 pm

Played and finished (though never really 100%'d GTA V), and was baffled to learn about the stock market system until before the third heist. :lol: Guess I didn't listen to Lester well enough. :lol:
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:38 pm

Talk about being out of it - I never knew there was a remastered version of San Andreas for PS3 until last week. Picked it up Friday, and I'm like a kid on Christmas morning.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:33 pm

GTA IV is returning to Steam as the Complete Edition, replacing the original version and Episodes from Liberty City. If you already own GTA IV, you'll now get Episodes as well. If you own them both, they'll be replaced by the new Complete Edition in your library. Windows Live has also been removed from the game (which is good news in my book, as I could never get Episodes to work because of that), though a couple of radio stations have also been cut, as has multiplayer. Rockstar are saying that the radio station situation is temporary, so hopefully it's just a matter of re-upping some licensing and putting them back in a patch.

Anyway, that's good news in my opinion. I'd still like a remaster of Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories on PS4, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:56 am

What's up with this GTA V rpg I've been hearing about?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:05 am

Sounds like it's a mod that's been in the works for some time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon May 18, 2020 10:53 pm

GTA V is currently free until May 21st on the Epic Games store.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic