Toronto Raptors Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Toronto Raptors Thread

Postby JAWSFreelao on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:17 am

So I guess I'll kick this off with a bang. There's been a new sighting of the Toronto Raptors' new logo.
:D Just kidding. But what would you like to see from their new rebranding that's supposedly coming next year?
Been on the thinnest of ice and I turned myself into Gretzky.
2K13-2K20 modder.
CFs are the game.
Primary modder for NBA 2K14 D-League conversion mod.
JAWSFreelao

Re: Toronto Raptors Thread

Postby Lamrock on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Go back to the black/purple dinosaur look!
Lamrock

Postby JAWSFreelao on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:38 pm

^Agreed. The dinosaurs are the shit and those are by far the best jerseys they've ever worn.
2K13-2K20 modder.
CFs are the game.
JAWSFreelao

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:57 pm

I liked that look, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:46 pm

I didn't. Never liked Van/Tor logos and jerseys.

Basketball never been a mainstream sports in my city, and people just didn't wear much of those stuff casually(contrast to hockey canucks wears). And those clothing with Bear and Dinosaur looked like something elementary kids would be comfortable wearing, not adults, especially in a city where a lot of people didn't recognize NBA logos. Just looked out of place and silly, cmon cute bear and dinosaur?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby JAWSFreelao on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:14 am

[quote="NovU"} cmon cute bear and dinosaur?[/quote]
Propose an alternative? I'd like to hear your thoughts.
2K13-2K20 modder.
CFs are the game.
JAWSFreelao

Postby NovU on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:14 pm

I dunno. But I liked old Jazz arts and also the Pacers.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby JAWSFreelao on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:10 pm

Even though the Jazz's name makes no seense and it should be the New Orleans Jazz.
2K13-2K20 modder.
CFs are the game.
JAWSFreelao

Postby NovU on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Just as it should have been Toronto Barney and Vancouver Ted.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby JAWSFreelao on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Ted was an amazing movie, just saying haha.
The Raptors do look like they're still regaining their oncourt rhythm after getting DeMar Derozan back in the fold.
2K13-2K20 modder.
CFs are the game.
JAWSFreelao

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:31 am

Since everybody is bringing their favorite team's thread back to light, I thought I would do the same thing. Lucky me I found this deserted thread.

I don't see the Raptors doing any major roster moves before the season starts and I officially consider them a "what the hell are they trying to do" team.
They are playing to win, that's for sure. I can't see how their offseason moves helps them do that though. Last year, they got their asses spanked by the Cavs in a humiliating fashion. At this very moment, I consider them even worse, both on paper and on court.

The Toronto-born Corey Joseph was a great backup for Lowry whenever he had to sit and I don't see Delon Wright filling that role. Patrick Patterson leaving was for me the worst move made by this organisation this summer, he was a great role player and his set of skills was above average for today's NBA. DeMarre Carroll was a lockdown defender and his replacement, CJ Miles, is just offensive firepower.

Even though the chemistry and the W/L projections took a big hit with those players leaving, I am excited about KJ McDaniels. I've always enjoyed him play and I really hope he gets the playing time he deserves. I also hope Siakam gains a bigger role with Patterson gone. He looks like he has potential.

Good thing they got Lowry back. His age might be a problem in a couple of years, but a 3-year contract was the right thing to do.

To sum it up, I basically see Raptors getting eliminated in the first round and Dwane Casey getting the sack immediately after that. I always hope for the better though.
I Hate Mondays

Postby air gordon on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:37 am

It's a Shame Carroll was damaged goods when he signed on for the big contract and now he's saying he is 100%?!
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:41 am

air gordon wrote:It's a Shame Carroll was damaged goods when he signed on for the big contract and now he's saying he is 100%?!

He also sounded more than excited to get traded. "Rush of joy" was the expression he used if my memory is right.
I guess some NBA players want to have a bigger role on a -.500 team with two years left in their careers.
I Hate Mondays

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:35 pm

There goes Derozan's buzz of good 3PT% games after he went 2 from 10. His shooting mechanics looked promising though. Maybe he is a different type of shooter when the season starts. The mid-range game was fun and old school but if he adds the 3PT shot, he is a baaad man.
I Hate Mondays

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:20 pm

Easy win against the 76ers. I like the fact that Ibaka apparently has the green light when it comes to 3PTA this season.
I Hate Mondays

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:39 pm

I will try to keep this alive this season. This Kawhi Leonard trade is playing out nicely for the moment. The defense looks spot on, everybody is switching and they look like they have the energy to smoother any piece of attack. Nick Nurse looks like the guy who can call the right play in crunch time. I'm hyped for the upcoming season.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Jeffx on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:13 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:I will try to keep this alive this season. This Kawhi Leonard trade is playing out nicely for the moment. The defense looks spot on, everybody is switching and they look like they have the energy to smoother any piece of attack. Nick Nurse looks like the guy who can call the right play in crunch time. I'm hyped for the upcoming season.

Raptors fans should be hyped. Toronto added two former NBA champions, one of them a Finals MVP. No offense to DeRozan, but he's not in Kawhi Leonard's class. Leonard's one of the top 5 players in the league. I fully expect Toronto to compete with Boston & Philly for tops in the eastern conference.
Jeffx

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:55 pm

What was Kawhi even laughing at with the legendary laugh? The fact he didn't know where the guy was sitting?
[Hyperize]

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:26 pm

Jeffx wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:I will try to keep this alive this season. This Kawhi Leonard trade is playing out nicely for the moment. The defense looks spot on, everybody is switching and they look like they have the energy to smoother any piece of attack. Nick Nurse looks like the guy who can call the right play in crunch time. I'm hyped for the upcoming season.

Raptors fans should be hyped. Toronto added two former NBA champions, one of them a Finals MVP. No offense to DeRozan, but he's not in Kawhi Leonard's class. Leonard's one of the top 5 players in the league. I fully expect Toronto to compete with Boston & Philly for tops in the eastern conference.

If they still had DeRozan, and still had this start, I would've said well, they'll fall apart in the playoffs as usual. This team just seems so different with Kawhi instead of DeRozan. They just seem scary. I don't think any Raptors teams in the past 3-4 years have scared anyone.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:44 pm

This Raptors team will be good to watch this season. Too bad it will be only for this one season when Kawhi departs for free agency next summer.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:57 pm

shadowgrin wrote:This Raptors team will be good to watch this season. Too bad it will be only for this one season when Kawhi departs for free agency next summer.

Not if we get to the Finals, I guess.
Also Toronto is a nice city. Maybe it will start growing on Kawhi.
I Hate Mondays

Postby air gordon on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:26 am

way to keep the thread going

Kawhi is already beasting despite not playing one year. got them as a league pass team watchlist (Y)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:56 am

The Raptors may well have a good chance of keeping Kawhi, what with his hometown teams being less appealing options now. I'm not sure he'd want to play second fiddle to LeBron on the Lakers, and with Kawhi also being a wing that likes to have the ball in his hands, they don't really complement each other that well. The Clippers have fallen off following their longest period of relevance since moving to LA. Toronto can give him the most money and they're in the East, which offers certain competitive advantages (for now, at least). I'd say they have a shot.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:02 am

You shut your whore mouth.

Kawhi the Lakers play sexy baby. You don't need the ball in your hand on the wing. You can just cut and be rewarded with easy buckets all day, every day. You won't be second fiddle. You'll just have less media scrutiny. Shy, quiet guy like yourself would love that.

More importantly: don't leave Uncle Dennis freezing his balls off in Toronto. Come on nephew.
Jackal

Postby Jeffx on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:13 am

air gordon wrote:way to keep the thread going

Kawhi is already beasting despite not playing one year. got them as a league pass team watchlist (Y)

I like what I'm seeing from Ibaka too.
Jeffx

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball