Player continually sucked into animations

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Player continually sucked into animations

Postby StyxTx on Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:51 am

Is it just me that sees this since I haven't seen it discussed anywhere?

My player movement is constantly being disrupted by what appears to be a vacuum effect when I'm trying to move around the court. I'll be headed in some direction, then as I go past someone, my player starts moving toward the other player, usually a step or 2 toward them before I get control over my player again, even though I haven't done anything with my controller to change my original direction. Even if I move my stick in the opposite direction from the other player, my player still goes toward them. It really throws off my timing and, in most cases, prevents me from getting open, which I would have done had it not been for the brief detour.

This is league play in The One.
StyxTx

Re: Player continually sucked into animations

Postby StyxTx on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:18 am

Hard to believe no one else has this problem. I just can't move around the court without being sucked into one of the opponents.
StyxTx

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:38 am

StyxTx wrote:Hard to believe no one else has this problem. I just can't move around the court without being sucked into one of the opponents.

This is a legitimate complaint. I have that problem weather I am on the perimeter or in the post. I also get sucked into layup animations at times when I am just trying to pull up.

I havn't been playing the game as much because it lacks depth, but gameplay wise that is one of the things that I had a problem with. That, and the post game in general. The post game is functional, but we as users lack control. And, the players are still not explosive enough (First steps or off dribble moves), and the game still doesn't have camera relative controls... which really hurts me as a player.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:05 am

Update. Apparently update 1.12 addressed the issue. I'm able to move around a lot more freely now.
StyxTx

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:09 am

One instance I know of is the "black hole" screens the AI can set up. Occasionally, your player will get sucked into the player setting the pick like a magnet, and it looks unnatural (this was a huge problem in Live 18, as the higher difficulty AI would abuse this).

Another is the two man blocking animations on the harder difficulties. Sometimes it can get to a point where the game encourages you to perform a double clutch out of a dunk, but in the past few Live games, those transitional animations look absolutely horrendous.
RayRay_953

Return to NBA Live 19