Your basketball gaming habits

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Your basketball gaming habits

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Do we have a thread for this? I know we have a general "Games you're playing right now" thread, but that hardly includes NBA.

What are you guys playing now that the new games have dropped, and what modes?

Myself, I'm still getting light work with NBA Live 10 for my franchise story; I haven't yet felt the Live 19 bug, so other than that, I'm splitting time in 2K19 between Triple Threat online, Park and the Under Armour Cages.
[Hyperize]

Re: Your basketball gaming habits

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Pretty simple for me :
- Quick games on all 2k since 2k9
- Myleague on last version
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:05 pm

I've made a start on MyCAREER, just in case the NLSC squad does get into Pro-Am this year. I'm still deciding which team to start a MyLEAGUE game with. I've also played a few Challenges in Ultimate Team, and made it through to getting drafted in The One.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:45 pm

I never change. Still enjoying my Live 06 dynasty.

I've tried playing 2K18 on the Switch, but the movements feel... sticky? Feels like there's input delay, so I can't properly react on the court. I've pretty much given up on it.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:38 am

I got 2K18 on Switch so I could play Playground games on the toilet (don't judge). It's definitely a trip. I actually use my Switch, so the fact that everything automatically downloads to that SD card and you can't change that unless you remove it is frustrating; I've already ran out of space, but have plenty of internal memory, so I have to remove the SD card anytime I want to install something.
[Hyperize]

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:01 pm

So I actually went back to 2K18 this morning to test out some old builds I had dumped VC into and took a peak into my MyTEAM (which I had put considerable effort into) and had the oddest experience: I didn't recognize any of the players I had, the menus looked super weird... it looked like a game I had never played; bizarre to say the least. It freaked me out. I had to get out of there. :lol:

Oddly enough, I'm spending more time with MyTEAM in 2K19 than any other mode; I had initially set out to run a dynasty story (which I really don't know what is going on with) primarily and then just play park secondary, but instead I'm nearly exclusively playing MyTEAM because in a way it's kind of the best of both worlds. First of all, they are overly generous with the locker codes, but it has the MyLEAGUE aspect of managing a team, and then Triple Threat is just like playing Park (but you don't have annoying teammates).
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:44 pm

I actually went back and played some MyCAREER in NBA 2K18 on PC this evening (basically just to get some Steam Achievements) and yeah, it felt a bit strange. If nothing else, it reinforced how they've improved the approach to shooting mechanics in NBA 2K19.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:41 am

Yes. The shooting in 2K18 felt much quicker.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:35 am

There was also the issue of Good releases basically being nerfed Greens. Overall, I like shooting in NBA 2K19 a lot more.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:45 am

Anyone go back to playing 2K18 after 19? Oddly feels better. Players feel smaller on the court and don't make everything, Park feels less cheesy and there's more of a sense of freedom (less heavy I guess).
[Hyperize]

Postby Murat on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:18 am

I like to mod games instead of playing them. Since my first visit to this forum, everything bothers me and makes me want to edit them.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:56 pm

cavs4872 wrote:Anyone go back to playing 2K18 after 19? Oddly feels better. Players feel smaller on the court and don't make everything, Park feels less cheesy and there's more of a sense of freedom (less heavy I guess).

I have played a couple of games since NBA 2K19 came out, to get screenshots and the like. I still prefer NBA 2K19, mostly because of the better shooting mechanics.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Other Basketball Games