Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders v4.0 2019 REVAMP **3/25

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders *Launch Edition*

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:11 am

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:As productive as this "debate" has been **rolls eyes** I'm going to get back to my sliders now. I have here yet another encouraging first quarter from the CPU in terms of FG%, 3 pointers attempted, and FT's taken. I was the Wizards here...stay tuned people!

[ Image ]

Way to step up and be a man, and admit that you were wrong about the "proof", and that you took sides based on either not watching the videos, or being biased. You should be apologizing, and admitting you were wrong.

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Come on man first you called the dude a fraud and said he was "making stuff up" then the dude posts 35 minutes of gameplay to prove his point and you say it "doesn't prove anything" at this point you're just trolling bro..........I think we can put this "debate" to rest.

Here is what you should have said: "Sorry man, I didn't watch the videos, I just assumed he was telling the truth about them. Clearly 11 out of 13 made baskets were wide open at the rim, and 2 for 6 outside shooting (33%) doesn't show anything, and I jumped the gun with my comment. I still prefer real player %, lets just move on." <---- Thats how you be a man. Everything in that statement is factual.

No respect from me man. Either of you. You have just proven that you are no better than the other guy. I'm so sick of immature shit heads who run away when they say something stupid, and can't admit when they are wrong. The only one who should be eye rolling is me, considering all the BS I put up with here. Grow the hell up, and be a man next time something like this happens. Funny part is: I was called stubborn in this conversation, the epitome of stubbron is not admitting you are wrong when it's slapping you right in the face, and continuing on with that same attitude. It's also not being a man in the least, it's the cowards way out.

Continue on.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:40 am

Finished that game and it's crazy because I ended up getting absolutely blown out! CPU got some FT's in but they really laid off the 3 ball in the second half! Still a WIP!

ShadyMikeGaming

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:27 pm

Really like the evolution of the numbers here, keep it going (Y)
I Hate Mondays

Postby Vicerex on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:59 pm

I've been having some really good games too, all I did was tweak your sliders a smidge to get the CPU to shoot 3's more. I also raised my 3pt slider because my post and mid wasn't bad but I was regularly shooting under 20% from 3.

I'm sure you've done more tweaking than that so I can't wait for your next set, but I'm content with where I have mine for now. I'm really loving how active the CPU is on defense now just in general, having to guard the ball and not being able to just blow by anyone WITH anyone is a very welcomed change by 2K.
Vicerex

Postby Vicerex on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:34 am

Another thing I notice happens occasionally now, is when there's a good struggle for a rebound and the ball pops out of bounds. Not only does it help keep turnovers at a realistic level (because in the past turnovers have always been low) but it just looks cool, makes it feel more real, like the guys are really hustling for a rebound. I like it a lot.
Vicerex

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:55 am

skoadam wrote:Imo Real Player % is better to use. :?

Me too :cheeky: and shady btw :)
sticky-fingers

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:13 am

Vicerex wrote:I've been having some really good games too, all I did was tweak your sliders a smidge to get the CPU to shoot 3's more. I also raised my 3pt slider because my post and mid wasn't bad but I was regularly shooting under 20% from 3.

I'm sure you've done more tweaking than that so I can't wait for your next set, but I'm content with where I have mine for now. I'm really loving how active the CPU is on defense now just in general, having to guard the ball and not being able to just blow by anyone WITH anyone is a very welcomed change by 2K.

Exactly...the community on other sites are in an outrage about the whole on-ball steals thing, but that's what the protect ball button is for! I like the dynamic! Guys like Kawhi and Jimmy Butler are dominant on defense like they should be! I'm definitely buffing the user shooting pretty heavily next update and I also think the CPU shoots WAY too much from mid-range as well while they are shooting nowhere near enough 3's! Stay tuned!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Just had a THRILLER in Houston! I was the Sixers! Won by 3, Harden gave me 39!!!!!! Had a triple dub with Ben Simmons.....Gameplay coming soon!

ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders *Beta 1.5*

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Hey guys new version of my sliders are in the original post and on PC 2Kshare under #ShadyExperimental

Now these are still in beta, my goals here were to open up the user offense and also tweak the CPU shot selection! I'm trying to get the CPU to shoot more 3's and more FT's....we've done well with the 3's but the FT's are still a work in progress! I still think it is a little too easy to score with the user, but I will be tweaking that slightly in the coming weeks!

I go a LOT more in depth in my latest YT video so be sure to so check it out!

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Vicerex on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:44 am

This is unrelated to the new slider set (haven't had a chance to try them yet) but is it just me or are you guys seeing a big increase in half/full court buzzer shots going in?

I played hundreds of hours of 2K18 and I seen maybe 1 or 2 full court shots go in last year, and maybe 5 half court shots. ALL YEAR. This year I've already seen this many and the games only been out two weeks. I can understand bumping them up a little because more than 2 full court shots go in during a NBA season...but multiple within 2 weeks? I don't know, either they turned that way up or it's just a very lucky coincidence.
Vicerex

Postby Vicerex on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:00 pm

Just played my first game with the new set and it was awesome. I was the Pistons.

I started off extremely hot, as you will see below I was up by 18, and that was in the 1st quarter. I was actually worried it was too easy to score but decided to roll with it. Then I absolutely stunk it up in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and it really evened out my FG%. 4th quarter was pretty much back and forth the whole quarter, it was very intense but they ended up pulling ahead by 6, then I hit a couple clutch 3's. Then they went down and sank a 3, with 6 seconds left I had a chance to send the game to overtime but I missed my buzzer shot and lost by 3. It was the first down to the wire game I've had in 2K19 and was such a breath of fresh air. So it's only one game but this slider set is feeling great.

Percentages all look pretty good, turnovers look good, even had a good amount of fouls from both sides (not ideal but acceptable). I still feel like 18 3's isn't a whole lot, but it's a huge improvement over the 9-10 3's per game from the last set.
Vicerex

Postby Vicerex on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:12 pm

I've played 3 games with this set now and all 3 have been good. The second game the AI shot a little high at 60% and blew me out but the other two they've shot around 48%. They're still only shooting around 20 3's a game which is decent but 25-30 would be ideal.

I feel like my overall FG% is good but I'm shooting pretty high on 3PT% about an average of 42% across all 3 games. Even the NBA Warriors only average 39% and the NBA average is more around 36% so by that definition I'm shooting a little high on the 3's. Should I lower my 3pt rating to 49 or 48 or would it be best to raise the defense sliders from 10 to 15? I may dabble with both and see which works best.

Overall I'm liking this set, it needs a couple minor tweaks but I think it's close enough that I'm confident I can go ahead and start a MyLeague and adjust as I go. Thanks for the hard work as always!
Vicerex

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:25 pm

I don't know why but I haven't been able to comment for the last 2 days lol I was getting an error message, but I see your feedback. Funny enough I have actually never seen a full court heave go in!!!!! 100 hours! Maybe it's just RNG idk we'll see! I also agree 1000% we're gonna tweak user shooting ever so slightly going forward and I'm also still working on the CPU tendencies as I think I may have something that will help their 3 point attempts.

That said 2K has said they are dropping patch 3 within the next 24 hours so we'll see how it plays after that and adjust from there!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby C0883R on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:49 am

has any one else noticed a bug to where if you get a reach in foul its an automatic 2 pt ft for the cpu? It even happens when you get the reach in foul called against you when you are at the cpu's end of the court.

Also whats a recommended quarter length? 12 is to long it causes games to be to high.
C0883R

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:17 pm

C0883R wrote:has any one else noticed a bug to where if you get a reach in foul its an automatic 2 pt ft for the cpu? It even happens when you get the reach in foul called against you when you are at the cpu's end of the court.

Also whats a recommended quarter length? 12 is to long it causes games to be to high.

I have not noticed that bug but I will keep an eye out for it! Also if 12 minute quarters are too long for you try 6 or 8 minute quarters!

Guys I'm going to have an update probably monday (maybe sunday night) but I'm focusing on user FG% and CPU shot selection so stay tuned!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby miguel88 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:10 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:
C0883R wrote:has any one else noticed a bug to where if you get a reach in foul its an automatic 2 pt ft for the cpu? It even happens when you get the reach in foul called against you when you are at the cpu's end of the court.

I have not noticed that bug but I will keep an eye out for it! Also if 12 minute quarters are too long for you try 6 or 8 minute quarters!

Guys I'm going to have an update probably monday (maybe sunday night) but I'm focusing on user FG% and CPU shot selection so stay tuned!

great!

are you planning to release my league sliders once you have done with in-game sliders?

thx for you work
miguel88

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:58 am

miguel88 wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:

great!

are you planning to release my league sliders once you have done with in-game sliders?

thx for you work

Absolutely, this year there are a TON of NEW sliders which will take some time to get right!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby C0883R on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Here is this Reach In foul bug that i posted about Earlier.
phpBB [video]

It could be the sliders don't know.

Has anyone else experienced this?

here is the results to the game Raptors CPU Oilers ME
1st Summer League Game in MyGM

C0883R

Postby Vicerex on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:56 pm

After 5 team fouls in a quarter your team will be in the penalty, any foul after that time results in free throws regardless of where they were fouled or if they were shooting or not. Unless I'm missing something I don't see a glitch here, you're just fouling way too much, I mean you have 31.

You could also be accidentally hitting the intentional foul button(s) without realizing it. There are two ways to trigger an intentional foul, either by hitting the touch pad or holding down square for a few seconds instead of tapping it. Both of these will trigger you and your AI to basically dive at the players for fouls.
Vicerex

Postby C0883R on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:59 pm

Vicerex wrote:After 5 team fouls in a quarter your team will be in the penalty, any foul after that time results in free throws regardless of where they were fouled or if they were shooting or not. Unless I'm missing something I don't see a glitch here, you're just fouling way too much, I mean you have 31.

You could also be accidentally hitting the intentional foul button(s) without realizing it. There are two ways to trigger an intentional foul, either by hitting the touch pad or holding down square for a few seconds instead of tapping it. Both of these will trigger you and your AI to basically dive at the players for fouls.

Thank You. I was unaware of that.
Good sliders looking forward to future updates

Here is a game video from my 1st week in MYGM. Played Raptors once again. This time they beat me even worse LOL. .
phpBB [video]

C0883R

Postby Vicerex on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:48 am

Is it just me or did they already patch out the AI going for steals as often? It doesn't seem to happen nearly as much as it did at first, unless I've just gotten used to how to avoid it.
Vicerex

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Any updates here? 1.5 played very nice for me
I Hate Mondays

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 am

YESSSS I got a TON of updates, v2 is coming 10/10 make sure you follow me on Twitter I post small videos here and there, player movement update coming with this next version! Unfortunately NLSC/twitter does not support the embedding of Twitter videos!

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:04 am

Can't wait brother, it is looking amazing and promising :applaud:
I Hate Mondays

Re: Shady's NBA 2K19 Simulation Sliders V2

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 am

Sliders are live with my new Player Movement and Tendency changes!

phpBB [video]
ShadyMikeGaming

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19