NBA Live 19 Ultimate Team

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Re: NBA Live 19 Ultimate Team

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:05 am

[Q] wrote:Man, I can't get myself to like the way they are doing it this year. Sure, there are a ton more challenges to do but I am more concerned with getting the players I want. I might just try for legends that weren't in last year's game and then call it a day

Did they fix the dunk packages yet in LUT? I havn't checked yet
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby matmat66 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:50 am

shinron15 wrote:LUT lineup update. Hopefully the dunking gets fixed for the legends.

[ Image ]

Higher OVR legends are now being released, but unfortunately, there's no legend packs to purchase. The only way to get a guaranteed legend is if you purchase a $100 bundle pack :?

Hi Shinron, do you still have the Pistons Grant Hill? How is he? I have the Phoenix Suns version of Grant Hill who is rated at 75 but he can dunk. My prime Kings Chris Webber who has an 83 rating cannot dunk
matmat66

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:52 pm

[Q] wrote:Man, I can't get myself to like the way they are doing it this year. Sure, there are a ton more challenges to do but I am more concerned with getting the players I want. I might just try for legends that weren't in last year's game and then call it a day

Agreed. I guess I'm a bit spoiled after getting all the 90s Legends I wanted last year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:36 am

https://twitter.com/jeffmeller/status/1 ... 2741237760

Good news for LUT players. The dunk package update is coming later this weekend. Sadly, the broken inside and shooting games, as well as no legend packs might have already sealed LUT's fate in my eyes.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:35 am

I'm going to wait for better cards before I start playing more
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:56 am

Excellent news regarding the dunk packages, at least.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:45 am

So the update that allegedly fixes the dunking for the legends came out today, but I still can't seem to dunk with them. Anyone else still have this problem?
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:16 am

I haven't tried yet, but that's disheartening to hear.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby matmat66 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:44 pm

No change on the dunking ability for me too. Prime Chris Webber still does not dunk.
matmat66

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:23 am

The dunking might have actually been fixed now. I just had Kemp and Stackhouse dunk on fast break transitions (they couldn't dunk before).
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:02 am

Good to hear!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:12 am

Hey so how are you guys collecting coins to buy what you want? Are you taking a chance with packs? Last year I'd try to get legends in packs and flip them for profit.

Are you playing challenges to save up? How am I supposed to save up for like a Pistons Hill for like 70k

I mean I want Kings Webber at like 12k which seems more doable
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:24 am

Do the intro and team challenges. Every 5 games in the team challenges, you get a coin-up, where you can discard for 600+ coins each time. I had about 70,000 coins after completing most of the intro challenges, and four of the team challenges.

Never go for opening packs, especially since they got rid of legend packs this year. The legends also seem heavily nerfed compared to LUT 18. Petrovic went from a 99 3pt rating to an 88 3pt rating.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:30 am

When you say team challenges you mean the Season 1 tab?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:32 am

Yes, that one
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:33 am

Ok I'm halfway through the Lakers one. I got Pau. Might do the Toronto one next for VC
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Decided to hop on Ultimate Team today, and while it's nice that the dunking got fixed for the most part, I just can't get behind how the ratings work. It wouldn't be so bad having players rated in the mid to high 70s, but what hinders the players imo are the speed and dribbling ratings. For example, 79 OVR Drexler has an 82 speed, but only a 68 for dribbling, which means he can't use dribble moves without frequently losing the ball. On the other hand, 75 OVR Vince Carter has an 83 dribbling, but he only has a 74 for speed, which isn't ideal for a Small Forward.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:57 pm

I've actually warmed up to ultimate team a little bit. I've kind of accepted that it will be like this and I've tried to enjoy it. I wound up buying some legends that I wanted to get: grant hill (magic version, Pistons was too much), rashard Lewis (Sonics with 86 3 rating) Lakers Rodman (#73) and AK-47

I've been looking for a Kuzma to play the Lakers season with but I haven't been seeing them but I just found one and am saving for that
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:25 am

Has anyone been playing the gauntlet series? My god it has been so frustrating. It took me forever to finally finish the first of 4 challenges but the 2nd one has you trying to make up a 12 point lead in 3 minutes. And with the CPU getting frequent interceptions and with inside game nerfed I don't know if I'll ever beat it

It's pretty embarrassing, I'm losing season 1 games on pro difficulty as well. Not sure what I can do at this point.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:57 am

I finally managed to beat the gauntlet series and then the live gauntlet series afterwards and was rewarded with a Wizards Webber (I've been looking for a Kings version but this will do) and a Heat Rice (I wanted a Lakers one)

I was lucky enough to get two legends I've been wanting to get. Will have to grind for another one to see what I get.

This seems to be the fastest way to free packs in this mode this year
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:23 pm

It's been a bit since I've posted here, but since I recently completed some more solo challenges, I'd figure that I would leave some feedback during my experience.

- One of the patches increased odds slightly for higher rated players, but I feel that LUT should bring back Legend Packs like last year. They even removed legend toppers from bundles now, so it's nearly impossible to get a legend from the AH since they're so scarce, people won't want to sell them.

- Better ratings: While I get the approach of being able to acquire legends early on, albeit with a lower overall, the concept could've been implemented better. As noted before, the legends currently have unrealistically low ratings as well as certain attributes (the average dribbling rating for a legend is around a 78 for example). EA should take a page out of MyTeam and introduce legends rated from the mid to high 80s, and have their better versions obtainable later on, this way the legends don't feel like role players or bench warmers.

- Ever since Ed Cohen and Jay Williams were added as the commentators, they do not have lines for the legends apart from the generic lines involving shots, dunking, etc. In previous LUT installments with Breen and Van Gundy, they referred to the legends by name. The only time you hear the legends' names is from the PA announcer, but other than that, they feel like created players that have a Cyberface, but no unique audio applied to them.

- Speaking of created players, all of the new legends present in LUT 19 do not have player portraits outside of their card art. On the substitutions/rotations screens, all of the new legends use that generic dark headshot. This was the case with Richard Hamilton being a new addition in LUT 18, but at least he was refered to by name by the commentators. This is also inconsistent, since Chris Webber lacks a substitution portrait in LUT, but he has a portrait in Court Battles.

- We're currently in November, and we do not have a single player rated at a 90 (outside of the Ultimate Shaq from the finals solo). I'm not suggesting for players to be at the high 90s right now, but since the odds aren't that great, and MyTeam already has cards rated higher than a 90 early on. LUT 18 introduced the Master players which started as a 90 OVR, but could be upgraded to a 99 OVR. The Master Challenges started since October last year iirc, but since the 99 OVR cards didn't show up until around April, I'm concerned about the rate in which LUT produces their cards.

- The Season 2 challenges feel like a troll by EA. Just for the team challenges in Season 1 alone is 870 shortened quarter games. In those challenges, you get two 75 OVR players per team, then you go for the 80 OVR Playoffs players, then the aforementioned 90 OVR Finals Shaq. So what does Season 2 have to offer? 77 OVR Team Captains, 83 OVR Playoff Players, and a 92 Shaq. Another 870 games to get the same players with only a +2 OVR boost (+3 for the Playoff Players). What happened to LUT 18 where the Hero Players could be used to unlock the Hero Elites which were rated around the low to mid 80s early on. I'm playing almost another 1,000 shortened games for a +2 OVR boost...

- No Rewards outside of coins. This was a thing in older LUT installments, but I feel like there should be at the very least, a trial card for one of the featured players by completing the solo like in LUT 18.

- Fix player attributes: Hakeem Olajuwon still has a pathetic midrange rating, Reggie Lewis has poor shooting skills - his 3pt rating is rated higher than his midrange, and that's only like a 72, and a majority of the actual legend cards got nerfed hard compared to previous LUT installments.

As I play more, I'll add more things if necessary, but feel free to give your opinions on this year's LUT, how it compares to previous LUTs, and how it can improve.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Excellent feedback, thanks for posting! I want to pass stuff like that on to the developers, so keep it coming.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:28 am

Updated lineup. I still wish you could purchase legend packs, especially since the rate of actually getting a legend is extremely low.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:26 am

Nice! I also miss the guaranteed Legends packs.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:23 pm

I thought there were some, uh interesting, choices for "legends" this year like Luke Ridnour and Jason Collins
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 19