NBA Live 19 Ultimate Team

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Re: NBA Live 19 Ultimate Team

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:44 am

Loving the gameplay of LUT this year, but something I'd really like to see addressed is the archetypes. Lots of the legends have their archetype set to Post Anchor.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:40 pm

[Q] wrote:The lower rated players kind of threw me off. I wound up getting a Julius Randle card at 60 in my starter pack but last year I remember having a gold 80 card of him

Same. I have mixed feelings about the approach, as it's kind of an over-correction for inflated ratings in the past. It's arguably better than having inflated ratings and nowhere to go with them, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:45 am

Andrew wrote:
[Q] wrote:The lower rated players kind of threw me off. I wound up getting a Julius Randle card at 60 in my starter pack but last year I remember having a gold 80 card of him

Same. I have mixed feelings about the approach, as it's kind of an over-correction for inflated ratings in the past. It's arguably better than having inflated ratings and nowhere to go with them, though.

The dunk packages are still screwed up for the legends. Drexler, Ewing, Melo etc can't dunk. I've played 9 games with them and no dunks.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:50 am

Dee4Three wrote:
Andrew wrote:

The dunk packages are still screwed up for the legends. Drexler, Ewing, Melo etc can't dunk. I've played 9 games with them and no dunks.

Dawkins, Jermaine O'Neal, Smits, and Grant Hill can't dunk for me either. McGrady and Billy Cunningham however, can dunk for me.
RayRay_953

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:54 am

shinron15 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Dawkins, Jermaine O'Neal, Smits, and Grant Hill can't dunk for me either. McGrady and Billy Cunningham however, can dunk for me.

Most people play Live Ultimate Team in order to access favorite classic players, so this is a pretty big oversight on the part of the team at EA. Especially considering they had the same issue last year.

I just messaged Connor on Twitter (creative Director) about it, he's been really responsive to me, so hopefully it gets looked at ASAP.

I've done the same numerous times to Mike Wang and the 2K crew in regards to feedback (4 pages worth) and the skating issue in general, I've never been responded to. I appreciate the fact that EA is listening and responding.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:57 am

Hopefully they fix the dunking for all applicable legend cards. Last year, Pippen's dunking got fixed for his legend card only, while his master versions still could not dunk.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:54 am

Andrew wrote:

I could see it as a way to nerf legends so people aren't getting great cards at the beginning but it's stupid because you just aren't able to do the things you'd expect to be able to do with certain players. It's kinda like them giving The Professor a 70 dribbling. Like wtf? anybody who knows who he is would expect to be doing some crazy dribbles and breaking ankles
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Oh, definitely. Even if the general idea is solid, some ratings could stand to be better. Hopefully they fix up the dunk packages, good looking out by Dee to send that feedback ASAP on Twitter.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:20 am

So I got started on UT last night after I was satisfied with my court making and how my court battle team is as good as it's gonna get

I was able to skip draft hype 17-7 thanks to you guys and i miss the way they did UT last year but I'll get used to this year's format.

It's still very weird to play as and against top players but they have low ratings and suck. I get it, as it's a way to play as popular and top guys early on without needing to save up for them. I prefer last year's method of just simply starting with bad players and needing to play tough games with Tyler zeller as your center.

I do appreciate that instead of making us play 4 mindless quarters of a game that's too easy, they just make us play one. I'm only getting 70-80 coins for each win? Trying to get any kind of jersey that's not these stupid EA ones and the lowest ones for auction are 1000 coins. Do you get any free ones relatively soon so I don't have to buy them?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:30 am

The coin rewards for the single quarter games are definitely stingy, but I guess it makes sense. There are a lot of them, and they are just a quarter.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:09 am

[Q] wrote:do appreciate that instead of making us play 4 mindless quarters of a game that's too easy, they just make us play one. I'm only getting 70-80 coins for each win? Trying to get any kind of jersey that's not these stupid EA ones and the lowest ones for auction are 1000 coins. Do you get any free ones relatively soon so I don't have to buy them?

Do the Pre-Season challenges, then use those team reward players in the respective season challenges. Each game you win earns about 300-2,000+ coins.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:28 am

Cool, thank you. There's so many challenges this year, I wasn't sure where to start.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:41 am

Just completed the Sixers and Celtics season challenges to get closer to Playoffs Bird.

I'm going to spend as little coins as possible, so later on if the listings crash, I can snag in large amounts.
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:02 am

Yeah I have no idea what I should be paying for cards right now. I paid 3000 for a 79 Randle for the Lakers season. I actually lost the one to the suns LOL so embarrassing
Not much time in 1 quarter so I kept thinking I'd take over and get back into it

I'm trying not to go crazy getting good cards right now because I know there will be better ones later. Last year I basically saved up for the legends pack every week. Any basic strategies for this year? Seems like they're only selling regular packs for now
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:10 am

I am having a lot of trouble getting into LUT right now because of the dunk package issue. Playing game after game not being able to dunk with anybody is kinda lame.

Hope they fix that soon. My Drexler not being able to dunk is killing me.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:48 am

Yeah the one has been keeping me busy so I haven't played much ultimate team. I'm nearing the end of the streets tour but I'll start the league once we get final rosters for the season. Last year I started early before Melo got traded so he was still on the Knicks
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:59 am

You can try asking @tjroopEA about the dunk packages. In fact, the only legends I've seen dunk for me so far are Shaq, McGrady, Cunningham, Iverson, and Reggie Lewis.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:34 am

Definitely worth hitting him up.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:08 am

@jeffmeller is also a good source for addressing LUT related questions/concerns. Speaking of concerns, not once have I seen anyone (besides here, of course) mention the lack of dunking from applicable legends. Instead, the overalls are more important to the LUT community once again.

This is why the NLSC members are better sources for LUT feedback (and feedback in general), because we focus on the more important aspects of the game imo.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:28 pm

No doubt. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:18 am

Man... I want to jump into Ultimate Team... but the dunk packages still are not fixed.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:22 am

It's sad when you realize someone like 64 OVR Terrance Ross can constantly dunk, whereas many legends only perform layups. It's strange, since only a couple of legends couldn't dunk last year.

More huge things that bug me is the lack of commentary for the legends. They're never refered to by name, and are treated as generic players; this was never a problem when Breen and Van Gundy were the commentators. On top of that, the new legends don't have any portraits assigned to them, or even PA announcements. While Ultimate Team was expanded, I still feel like it was an afterthought.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:10 am

Definitely, same goes for Franchise. It was pretty much all about The One this year, which is understandable given that career modes tend to be the most popular these days, but it's been a case of "next year" for too many other modes now. The game's on the right track, but we need that depth throughout.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:12 am

LUT lineup update. Hopefully the dunking gets fixed for the legends.

Higher OVR legends are now being released, but unfortunately, there's no legend packs to purchase. The only way to get a guaranteed legend is if you purchase a $100 bundle pack :?
RayRay_953

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:03 am

Man, I can't get myself to like the way they are doing it this year. Sure, there are a ton more challenges to do but I am more concerned with getting the players I want. I might just try for legends that weren't in last year's game and then call it a day
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 19