Crashing?

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Crashing?

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:26 am

Has anyone experienced crashing with 2k19? I'm playing in Borderless Window mode because I thought Fullscreen was the issue but my problem persists.

The game seems to take longer than 2k18 did to load. If left alone for too long, the game freezes and I'm forced to hard reset. This could be in just the create-a-roster screen, so not that strenuous.

If I play a quick game, I can get a few minutes in before the game freezes. Audio continues but the game is unplayable and once again a hard reset is required. Thanks to anyone who can help.
bluejaybrandon

Re: Crashing?

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:49 am

Uncle Drew posted this, so you are not the only one:

by Uncle Drew on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Now my game crashes and kicks me to the desktop, has happened 3 straight times. I can't get out of the 1st qtr without it happening. This version takes a lot more resources, than last years game. I wonder what's causing this?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:20 am

Dee4Three wrote:Uncle Drew posted this, so you are not the only one:

by Uncle Drew on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Now my game crashes and kicks me to the desktop, has happened 3 straight times. I can't get out of the 1st qtr without it happening. This version takes a lot more resources, than last years game. I wonder what's causing this?

I missed that, thank you. Hopefully, it is something 2k can address. Unless I'm in the minority, in which case I'll mess with settings.
bluejaybrandon

Postby zetsuboushta on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:58 am

Actually i have crashes with pretty bad PC, but i don't think it's about resources, cause i've been reported about crashes from man who has something about perfect PC.
It works for me just fine, so i don't think it's about system.
zetsuboushta

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:11 am

my game doesn't crash but it closes the window randomly and im back at the desktop
If you enjoy my Mods please follow my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/monkeymanmods/
If you’d like to support me and my mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
https://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeymanJSV
MonkeymanJSV

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:56 pm

MonkeymanJSV wrote:my game doesn't crash but it closes the window randomly and im back at the desktop

That's crashing...

Also yeah, happened to me few times on Xbox One.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:22 pm

The first time I tried to fire up MyTEAM on PC, it crashed back to the desktop without an error message. No crashes on PS4 as yet.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BronBron06 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:08 pm

I have my friend's game crashing during the NBA draft during his MyGM playthrough while trading away everyone for rookie picks
I think this is the first time I've seen NBA 2k crashing that isnt caused by mods. (N) (N) (N)
BronBron06

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:25 am

I may have fixed my problems, (crosses fingers) I put my Radeon settings for my vid card back to default, verified integrity of files, ran command prompt, right click run as administrator, typed in sfc/ scannnow, ran and repaired registry files. I then loaded the game, and played a full game without crashes.
Uncle Drew

Postby ANN1HIL4TIONFYC on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:57 am

Anyone still having a problem with their game crashing I haven't been able to play a full game yet around 5 mins left in the first quarter I game just closes to my desktop
ANN1HIL4TIONFYC

Postby poke on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:45 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes! I thought I was the only one. My PC is top notch and 2k18 and 19 are the only games that do this. So frustrating.
poke

Postby poke on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:49 am

Fixes anyone? My game freezes almost immediately upon loading and all throughout the game intermittently
poke

Postby Rosque on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:10 am

Andrew wrote:The first time I tried to fire up MyTEAM on PC, it crashed back to the desktop without an error message. No crashes on PS4 as yet.

is gameplay really choppy for you online?
Rosque

Postby nextnba on Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Mine is crashing too but I thought it was because I installed some mods. I was going to try to remove some of the mods to see if it would fix the problems. Glad to know it's not the mods.
nextnba

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:08 pm

Rosque wrote:
Andrew wrote:The first time I tried to fire up MyTEAM on PC, it crashed back to the desktop without an error message. No crashes on PS4 as yet.

is gameplay really choppy for you online?

I haven't played online on PC yet.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:30 pm

A few things, figured I'd throw these out there.

1. Make sure your PC isn't overheating. Without MSI afterburner on and fans turned up to 100, it gets pretty hot. That could cause crashes.

2. Some mods crash the game. The Robert Covington mod has a bug where the game would play fine for awhile, but suddenly crash in the middle of the game. That mod also had a strange thing where on replays he was outside of his body (creepy). Once I took that mod out, the crashes stopped.

3. Verify the integrity of your game files through Steam, it doesn't hurt anything, it just fixes any corrupted files. Corrupted files could cause crashes.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:51 am

I haven't played with the Sixers, so I don't know about the Covington crash. Mine crashes on every other team though. I noted in a earlier post, I thought I had fixed the problem. Well...that's not the case. Last time I played, the game crashed to desktop again, but there is a caveat this time. When I went to restart it, the game managed to un-install itself. So instead of play game, when I open Steam, it says install. I give up. Taking my PC to a repair shop next week, to see if they can straighten it out.
Uncle Drew

Postby Kevmire on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:09 am

Dee4Three wrote:A few things, figured I'd throw these out there.

1. Make sure your PC isn't overheating. Without MSI afterburner on and fans turned up to 100, it gets pretty hot. That could cause crashes.

2. Some mods crash the game. The Robert Covington mod has a bug where the game would play fine for awhile, but suddenly crash in the middle of the game. That mod also had a strange thing where on replays he was outside of his body (creepy). Once I took that mod out, the crashes stopped.

3. Verify the integrity of your game files through Steam, it doesn't hurt anything, it just fixes any corrupted files. Corrupted files could cause crashes.

This. I wasn't quite to the point of crashing, however I would experience a drop in FPS after approx 5 minutes. Played with settings, game would keep doing the same thing. I blew out my fan out really good of all the dust, and it went away. So yes, I would check for overheating.
Kevmire

Postby nextnba on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:31 am

I removed most of my mod (global, players, rosters, lighting) and it still crashed. Finally I decided to removed my gamedata mod and it seems to not crash anymore. I’m able to play beyond the 1st quarter. Just hoping this is the fix.
nextnba

Postby JEDL on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:09 pm

Mine crashes on weird instances:
  • There was this strange bug in MyLeague where any Center I sign would demand max contracts (and I mean EVERY Center). Offering them their expected salary would end up getting declined so I figured the issue must be one of those contract sliders. Each time I pick a sample player, the game CTDs. The only fix was starting a new MyLeague (sigh)
  • The classic "crash at a specific date" is back. I experienced this bug in every iteration of the game since 2K14. The only way for me to surpass this is to also start a fresh MyLeague save.
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki

Postby TheBob222 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:27 pm

Just to start I am running an I7 7700k, 16gb DDR4 3200 and GTX 1080ti, and I am having the same crashing issues as bluejaybrandon, except if I leave it running and do not reset it will fix itself after about 3 minutes. I have removed all glitchy mods such as globals and the Robert Covington mod. I even validated my files through Steam and I am still crashing. Not really sure what to do, thinking maybe re-install, not sure. If anyone else has found a cure please let me know. Oh and there is no thermal problems while I am running the game although my fans do ramp up pretty high right when the crash occurs.
TheBob222

Postby nhevster on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:56 pm

I've been experiencing the same thing, worst is sometimes, my pc shuts down automatically. I've tried all the advices here but to no avail. Until I changed the video settings from Ultra to High. I've played mygm for 3 consequtive games with no issues.
nhevster

Postby poke on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:23 am

looks like the last update fixed the issue. Haven't had a crash since.
poke

Postby pistonnation on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:45 am

MyGM save file is getting corrupt and I cannot stand it. I spent so much time on it. It happened when I turned off my PC. Maybe it was cloud save sync?
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:20 am

This is by far, the buggiest 2K ever. I've un-installed the game, 3 times already, and the problem still exists. In the middle of a game, during a cut scene, the game just stops, and crashes to desktop. Never had crashing problems in 2K18. Also, I can't use mods to improve the game, because although I put them in the Waigua folder, they don't show up in game. Again, never had that problem before. Contacted 2K support, opened up a ticket, they gave me suggestions for trouble shooting, but none worked. I'm virtually at the point of getting my $$ back from 2K.
Uncle Drew

Next

Return to NBA 2K19