Are you able to play more than one team in season mode?

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Are you able to play more than one team in season mode?

Postby nextnba on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Has this been corrected for Live 19 or are we still stuck with just one team?
nextnba

Re: Are you able to play more than one team in season mode?

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:18 pm

nextnba wrote:Has this been corrected for Live 19 or are we still stuck with just one team?

Stuck with one team.

Franchise is mostly the same, and its a damn shame. Now that they have a solid gameplay base, hopefully they work on NBA depth/mode depth and a legends pool for Live 2020. I've been giving a ton of feedback and really pushing for it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby nextnba on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:40 am

That’s so dumb. It gets boring when you’re stuck with just one team. Disappointed that they did not fix it this year. Guess, I’m gonna pass on it and wait for 2020.
nextnba

Postby Kenny on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:17 am

I agree they should have the option of switching teams. It was a fun feature back in NBA Live 06. As for multiple teams at once, I'm not a huge fan of that approach. But each to their own.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:31 am

Team switching needs to return at the very least. NBA Live has always only allowed us to control one team since Dynasty was introduced in NBA Live 2004 (Franchise in 2000-2003 allowed us to control multiple teams), so it's one of those options we've needed for a while. Simply being able to intervene and make some decisions for CPU-controlled teams - as in MyLEAGUE and in NBA Live 10's Dynasty - would also be handy.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Andrew wrote:Team switching needs to return at the very least. NBA Live has always only allowed us to control one team since Dynasty was introduced in NBA Live 2004 (Franchise in 2000-2003 allowed us to control multiple teams), so it's one of those options we've needed for a while. Simply being able to intervene and make some decisions for CPU-controlled teams - as in MyLEAGUE and in NBA Live 10's Dynasty - would also be handy.

NBA Live 2004 allowed you to control all NBA teams in franchise mode. I just played it and started a season with both my brothers, we user controlled every team.

But yeah, it hasn't been in the game in over a decade. It should be a basic feature, Madden 19 allows it, time for Live to as well.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:23 pm

You can control more than one team in Season mode in NBA Live 2004. Dynasty mode is locked to one, though. It's been that way ever since, unfortunately.

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Andrew wrote:You can control more than one team in Season mode in NBA Live 2004. Dynasty mode is locked to one, though. It's been that way ever since, unfortunately.

[ Image ]

Ah, I see what you were getting at.

We always cared about being able to do it for a season, so thats what we did. They need to bring season mode back in that case. Some of my best memories growing up were playing multi-team use seasons with my brothers.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby nextnba on Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Even if they only allow us to control one team, they should allow us to play the other games if we choose. Or have a season mode where we don’t control any team but can play any team, any games through the season.
nextnba

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:56 pm

Definitely good ideas moving forward. I'd like to see them implemented.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:55 am

Dee4Three wrote:
nextnba wrote:Has this been corrected for Live 19 or are we still stuck with just one team?

Stuck with one team.

Franchise is mostly the same, and its a damn shame. Now that they have a solid gameplay base, hopefully they work on NBA depth/mode depth and a legends pool for Live 2020. I've been giving a ton of feedback and really pushing for it.

They they need to get the basics down first before they get too crazy and start working on this other stuff
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA Live 19