NBA 2K19 MyTEAM

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: NBA 2K19 MyTEAM

Postby zetsuboushta on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:25 am

Andrew wrote:Harsh. Definitely a myopic design choice. I guess they're trying to push the new modes, but basic functionality shouldn't have to be unlocked like that.

It would be okay, if people outside US could play it without lagging.
But now... If someone on pc in Unlimited will see man with nickname "i just need AH can you quit" - quit the game please. :(
zetsuboushta

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:51 am

Lag doesn't help, but it also makes the mode less accessible to newcomers, and/or people who haven't paid for VC to open a bunch of packs early on. It just feels like another area where they're indulging in a bit of gatekeeping.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:23 am

It seems like they're really pushing people to try new things this year. Off-topic, but in Play Now Online you have to use a team from each tier over a three-game span and repeat, or at least that's my understanding; they said it's an effort to get people away from the Warriors, which I respect. Historic teams have to be unlocked in that mode again. (N)
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:24 pm

Yeah I can understand wanting to get people to check out everything, but it defeats the purpose of having a choice when it comes to the variety of modes on offer. Also, to lock basic functionality or features behind it, like the Auction House, is myopic. It'd be one thing if it's just a matter of playing a certain mode to unlock it, but requiring gamers to win a game as well - and an online game at that - is asking a bit much.

Putting aside lag, differing skill levels, pay-to-win advantages, and "git gud" rhetoric, online games rely on the sportsmanship and goodwill of your opponent. Even if you are good enough to win, you can be robbed of the victory by poor sports who disconnect when they're losing, or keep pausing the game, or are otherwise lousy people to play against.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:44 pm

I believe they made that to add more hoops to jump through for those MT seller accounts that get banned as they directly interfere with microtransaction business.

However, as someone with bad connection, it just absolutely sucks because I get Late release every single fucking time in multiplayer.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:43 pm

That makes sense, now that you mention it. Still, as a security measure, it's too intrusive.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:49 am

I agree with everything Andrew said; across all online modes, you still have your 2-minute pause timer, but it's been limited to 5 pauses per player this year, and I do believe they do their best to give you the W if your opponent disconnects, but yeah: the unlocking of the auction house and team creator cards is dumb. That's what I'm going to be spending the rest of my night doing, and I believe one of the requirements for unlocking the logo/jersey creator is something insane like having 500 cards in your collection at once. (N)
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:17 am

Ouch. That used to be one of the first things you could unlock.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:47 pm

I'm not even gonna attempt it; I'm assuming it's gotta be all 500 at once. They've added plenty good historic uniforms this year anyway. All I have to do is win an Unlimited game to get the auction house and them I'm just gonna stop attempting anymore goals.

Speaking of the auction house, certain countries have outright banned it. Good on them.

Edit: Actually, I don't see why they banned the auction house; loot packs is what they need to ban, which I think they did as well. (Y)

Andrew wrote:Also, to lock basic functionality or features behind it, like the Auction House, is myopic. It'd be one thing if it's just a matter of playing a certain mode to unlock it, but requiring gamers to win a game as well - and an online game at that - is asking a bit much.

Putting aside lag, differing skill levels, pay-to-win advantages, and "git gud" rhetoric, online games rely on the sportsmanship and goodwill of your opponent. Even if you are good enough to win, you can be robbed of the victory by poor sports who disconnect when they're losing, or keep pausing the game, or are otherwise lousy people to play against.

That is a salient point; I hate the idea of "having to win". That's not why I play; I play because I love the game and it's a form of art. You watch these YouTubers who throw their controller through their screen when they lose... stop playing the game; you're not playing it for the right reasons, and I'd rather just not play at that point, but since it's one win, I'll grind for it. I'm trying to build a squad for Triple Threat anyway (since no one uses the Blacktop kiosks at Ante-Up... Ante-Up should be banned as well :lol:).
[Hyperize]

Postby zetsuboushta on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:02 am

Probably i'll need to give account to someone who have normal connection without lags, it's actually impossible for me to win at least one game online. 2K Support didn't answered too.
zetsuboushta

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:04 pm

I did yesterday. After three unplayable matches, one of them even freezing and speeding up I finally matched with someone who was probably close enough to me and I didn't have terrible lags.

The game was over in first quarter and I now have access to AH. Finally.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby zetsuboushta on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:00 am

Wow, i did it! Didn't know that someone can lose to guy who playing like watching slide-show.
zetsuboushta

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:05 pm

0-3 in the quest for an Unlimited win for auction house myself; an hour and a half (and counting) of wasted time, but at least the gameplay is better (blow-bys aren't nearly as effective and contested post shots can actually go in) and all the games were close.
[Hyperize]

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:46 am

Anyone remotely interested in this mode, make sure you redeem your free shit; so many free locker codes have dropped since the game has released that there's too many for me to link. Check out this guy's channel. I think I may have missed some just from not being subscribed to him, so I think I'm gonna have to go through and try them all.

I got 20 tokens in the most recent one, which allowed me to unlock the sapphire token market; I tried dropping the ball in the same spot he did, missed, but still got it. I have accrued about 90K MT since launch, and this was the best team I could currently get:

Some of the new players are obscenely cheap; Bing is the first Diamond to hit the auction house and you get him for 40K, which is like half the price of Amethyst LeBron (and a super budget player at this point).
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:56 am

I managed to get MJ with one of the Locker Codes released the other day. Pretty pleased with that, needless to say.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:21 am

Yeah, I missed that one, but was able to get most of the best outcomes otherwise; I did get 3 tokens though, so at least it did some good.
[Hyperize]

Postby lakers92 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:40 pm

back after a long hiatus

anyone want to trade wins in multiplayer Unlimited in MyTeam? I need to win a game to get to the auction house. I'd be happy to give you a win, too. Just message me.
lakers92

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:11 pm

Which platform?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby lakers92 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:14 pm

Andrew wrote:Which platform?

PC. I knew PC was gonna be rough for any MyTeam, but I didn’t expect I’d have to actually get a win online for something like the auction house. I was able to squeak one out in Triple Threat because of the relatively short game, but can’t seem to put it together for long enough to get one in Unlimited. Javale can only keep up with Wilt for so long...
lakers92

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:06 am

Is it really possible to matchup with a specific person in Unlimited?
[Hyperize]

Postby lakers92 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:49 am

cavs4872 wrote:Is it really possible to matchup with a specific person in Unlimited?

I have a hard enough time finding a match, there can’t be that many people playing at a time
lakers92

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:38 am

Damn, do you think that's a location or PC thing?
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:56 am

Probably both. The userbase on PC is smaller than that of the consoles when it comes to NBA 2K.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Pro tip: do not quick sell anything. Always auction stuff; you'll be shocked. Some of the biggest junk sells for the highest prices.

A lot more locker codes released as well; I just check Shake4ndBake's channel.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:18 pm

The latest patch (1.04) notably reduces the requirements for unlocking the Auction House. You only need to play a game in those online submodes now, not win them. It should've always been like that, but I'm glad that they listened to the feedback on that one. I'm still not a fan of locking the Auction House to begin with anyway, but if they are going that route, this is preferable.

Note that the patch hasn't come through on PC yet, just PS4 and X1. PC and Switch should be receiving Patch 1.04 soon.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19