Demo Impressions Thread

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Re: Demo Impressions Thread

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:13 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Well, it just took you a week for saying what Bongo (with screenshots) and I said, but you werent biased... :cheeky:

Dee4Three wrote:Don't be a childish punk.

you wouldn't switch roles with that kind of phrase ? :cheeky:

Oh, so this comment didn't happen on August 26th after Bongo shared his screens?

Dee4Three wrote:
bongo88 wrote:anyways, did an edit that showed whatever celtics court mods i'm running in 2k18.

Anyways, in my opinion, the live crowd is as dark as 2k18.

The crowd does look to be as dark as 2K18.

And alright, this is enough. It's done Sticky, I am not putting up with this shit anymore. Every person sees what you are trying to do by coming at me, everybody sees the motive. And, I'm done with it. Others on here know I have been honest since day fucking one, I am completely honest with my critiques of games. 95% of my Youtube channel videos are of 2K games, specifically 2K17 (One year removed from 2K18), and I praised that game up and down when it first came out (As proven by sharing the threads I made, comments I made at the time). I have stuck by my critiques (And proved them valid with videos) of 2K18, I stuck by my critiques (With videos to prove them) on Live 18, and I continue to stand by my word throughout these threads.

I can't block you, I wish I could. But, I am completely done with you. I AM DONE WITH YOU.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:20 am

jayzmagz wrote:Anybody tried playing the demo with the new update on? Haven't downloaded it since I'm downloading other things at the moment.

What's in the update?

Re:shot meter I agree I'm a bit old school but if people are using it to their advantage online I have to use it to be on an even playing field

I was disappointed about the cap in the demo but I was pleasantly surprised that redoing live events nets you 10000 RP so I can continue to earn that as long I spend it. It caps at 20000.

Yes I think courts and arenas are slightly darker this year which is a shame but it still looks good

Also I am getting pleasantly surprised every time I play as the AI continues to make good decisions and good passes on offense
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:28 am

Theres no hidden motive in my post
And I never said you are a lier.
But biased, yes.
Perhaps theres no difference for you.

Because what You couldnt accept from 2k, You tolerate and defend it from EA.
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:40 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Theres no hidden motive in my post
But biased, yes.

No, not biased, and that is completely an unfounded claim. When Live 18 was released, I uploaded slow motion videos of the broken animations, of the herky jerky/robotic animations. I went back and forth with kingpnp for multiple pages on that thread about the games faults, about how the first impression is everything (And Live wasn't making a good one), about how the games animations were a first impression killer. I have also said numerous times that Live 14-16 were not good showings, and overall not good enough games. I have said all of those things HERE on the NLSC.

I sent an entire list to creative director of Live 19 Connor Dougan on Twitter (I typed it up on word and sent it as an image because it was long), and I have shared most of those thoughts/list here on NLSC as well. The list of what they can improve on is well more than 10 items JUST for the gameplay. The difference between the two games (Which I have stated numerous times) is that Live doesn't have gamebreaking mechanics. The exploits are FAR less (The only one that I can find is the PNR being a little easy, but because of the help defense that comes, it's not overpowering). I have talked about how NBA 2K17 had brick wall defense that was a little much, but that overall it was more acceptable to me because moves still had to be strung together in order to get by your guy, and you couldn't just run by anybody with anybody.

Both Live and 2K have gotten the same treatment from me in regards to flaws. Uploading videos of Live 18 to show the huge animation flaws (And they were almost all fixed for Live 19), and I uploaded the defense videos for 2K18's defense (Which they may not be fixed for 2K19, I am trying the game when I get home).

A huge difference between me critiquing the games the way I am, and the way that you continually over, and over again come at me with sarcasm and accusations (With no backing for it).

Cut it out.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:43 am

Here is a list I sent to Connor Dougan (Creative Director for NBA Live 19)

Also, here is my message on the NBA LIVE main forum, I also shared this on Twitter with Connor.

Heavily critiquing 2K18 for broken defense, skating, and atmosphere, is NOT being biased towards Live. It's critiquing NBA 2K18 as it is, as it's own product. Stating I wouldn't play 2K18 because of the defense is NOT being biased towards NBA Live 19. The defense was that bad in 2K18, and its the reason I didn't like the game. Saying these things about 2K18 and not about Live 19 is because those problems dont exist in Live 19 to the point where they are incredibly frustrating. They dont exist to the point where I want to throw the controller in frustration. That's not being biased, thats being honest and critiquing the games for what they are!!!!

It has nothing to do with 2K vs Live, I want the best for both games. And have created videos/sent both companies feedback equally. I have also stated where Live lacked graphically, and as proven throughout my conversations on NLSC about Live 19, I have done a ton of gameplay critiquing. When 2K17 was released, I praised it up and down, but also had critiques for the gameplay. Making it like I am being biased towards Live, with no factual evidence to say so, is absolutely 100% ridiculous. How many examples do I need to give of this? In fact, how many examples of this do you need to see on NLSC?Social Media? Or how many will you ignore so you can keep your stance?

I am DONE defending myself over something this. I can't possibly prove anymore that I am not being biased, I shouldnt have to because its fucking obvious.

I am done with you.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:48 am

Dee4Three wrote:A huge difference between me critiquing the games the way I am, and the way that you continually over, and over again come at me with sarcasm and accusations (With no backing for it).

IMO the big difference is that I dont repeat over and over again on each Live19's threads what I consider to be flaws.
That could explain why you had no backing...

Back to the demo impressions ?
Dee4Three wrote:The difference between the two games (Which I have stated numerous times) is that Live doesn't have gamebreaking mechanics. The exploits are FAR less (The only one that I can find is the PNR being a little easy, but because of the help defense that comes, it's not overpowering).

It's a great thing if EA takes over 2K on gameplay side.

About CPU defense on PnR, it seems worst than "a little easy", even on highest level of difficulty, from what I heard on french YT channels.
Has someone tried to play it over and over again an entire game with the same player ? Is there double team and/or, defense adjustment ?

They also mention about offense, that if you dont call a system, your cpu teammates are a little bit too static (not a big flaw).

Dee4Three wrote:It has nothing to do with 2K vs Live, I want the best for both games.

At least, we agree on that point.
sticky-fingers

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:59 am

But biased, yes.

Ok, we all get your point. No need to continue to needle him and keep rehashing the same issue over and over again in multiple threads. If you would like to discuss this with him personally, I would suggest you do it via direct message, email, phone, text, Skype, Tinder or whatever you choose.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:59 am

sticky-fingers wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:A huge difference between me critiquing the games the way I am, and the way that you continually over, and over again come at me with sarcasm and accusations (With no backing for it).

IMO the big difference is that I dont repeat over and over again on each Live19's threads what I consider to be flaws.
That could explain why you had no backing...

Back to the demo impressions ?
Dee4Three wrote:The difference between the two games (Which I have stated numerous times) is that Live doesn't have gamebreaking mechanics. The exploits are FAR less (The only one that I can find is the PNR being a little easy, but because of the help defense that comes, it's not overpowering).

It's a great thing if EA takes over 2K on gameplay side.

About CPU defense on PnR, it seems worst than "a little easy", even on highest level of difficulty, from what I heard on french YT channels.
Has someone tried to play it over and over again an entire game with the same player ? Is there double team and/or, defense adjustment ?

They also mention about offense, that if you dont call a system, your cpu teammates are a little bit too static (not a big flaw).

I have tried to run it over and over again on superstar, and I get stuffed at the rim a lot by the help defense. I havnt been that successful with it because of that.

Explain why I had no backing? I did have backing. Many other users in my defense thread agreed with me, and shadymikegaming agreed also and said sliders couldnt fix it (so he stopped making them for that game).

And bringing it up in Live 19 Threads? The games will be compared as they are both NBA titles, and many people have to make a choice to buy one or the other. If I am choosing to spend my time playing a title more than another, I will give my reasons. So if I say something like "I can't find any major exploits in Live 19" and "Its nice to not have to deal with body blocks/body steals" or "I really like the foot planting, it's really nice not to be skating around the court", those are all reasons to play Live 19 more, and areas that 2K could work on in the current title with patches or in future titles. We are giving feedback on here and to the devs based on what the individual games needs to improve on, but we are ALL comparing the two games to some extent. If another basketball title his the gaming marketplace, we would be comparing that one as well. Just like people keep saying "NBA Playgrounds is fun for a little bit, but it doesn't compare to NBA Street". Because it's part of the same genre.

You accusing me of "not admitting" the dark arena issue even though right after he showed the pictures I agreed with him, shows that you are quick to jump on me. I have been completely honest and not biased in my critques about these games. And if someone presents an issue (Like the PNR defense being a heavy exploit), I test it out myself before coming to a conclusion. Which I will do more testing on tonight. And if its a major issue, I will call it what it is and send that feedback to the devs.

The amount of feedback I have sent to the devs/directors on social media for BOTH Live and 2K titles is more than I have seen by most anybody else. This is including but not limited to: Lists and videos whether it be about gameplay issues or graphical issues, and I also give praise where it is due).

I am sick and tired of trying to defend myself over something that I shouldn't.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:02 am

[Q] wrote:
But biased, yes.

Ok, we all get your point. No need to continue to needle him and keep rehashing the same issue over and over again in multiple threads. If you would like to discuss this with him personally, I would suggest you do it via direct message, email, phone, text, Skype, Tinder or whatever you choose.

I appreciate that. Even though he doesn't have a point, I appreciate that.

PM me sticky if you want to discuss further.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:26 am

Dee4Three wrote:I am sick and tired of trying to defend myself over something that I shouldn't.

Then don't defend yourself. He's obviously going to think what he thinks so nothing you say will change his mind
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:31 am

[Q] wrote:I would suggest you do it via direct message, email, phone, text, Skype, Tinder or whatever you choose.

good laugh with the different options :lol: thank you :mrgreen:
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:32 am

[Q] wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:I am sick and tired of trying to defend myself over something that I shouldn't.

Then don't defend yourself. He's obviously going to think what he thinks so nothing you say will change his mind

I've realized that. But I don't want people to have that impression of me on here, especially since I have proven otherwise. It's not just about Sticky.

It's natural to defend yourself in the public eye against accusations.

Also, can you imagine a world where we didn't stand up for ourselves against accusations against our character? You wouldn't be quiet either if it was happening to you. Also, I am not at fault here.

Either way, I am good with him PM'ing me (or hitting me up on a dating app). But I encourage anybody to defend themselves if accusations are made against character.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby StompTheCourt on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:49 am

Dee4Three wrote:
[Q] wrote:

I've realized that. But I don't want people to have that impression of me on here, especially since I have proven otherwise. It's not just about Sticky.

Also, can you imagine a world where we didn't stand up for ourselves against accusations against our character? You wouldn't be quiet either if it was happening to you. Also, I am not at fault here.

Either way, I am good with him PM'ing me (or hitting me up on a dating app). But I encourage anybody to defend themselves if accusations are made against character.

Dee one thing I learned a long time ago is that when you do not know someone personally
and they do not know you personally then the opinion of those should not matter
if you feel you must try to keep up an image online with people like him then
maybe you just send him the first PM and lets keep this thread fresh of
arguing, bickering, or anything outside of the demo impressions.

Hope yall can work that out.
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:54 am

StompTheCourt wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
[Q] wrote:

Dee one thing I learned a long time ago is that when you do not know someone personally
and they do not know you personally then the opinion of those should not matter
if you feel you must try to keep up an image online with people like him then
maybe you just send him the first PM and lets keep this thread fresh of
arguing, bickering, or anything outside of the demo impressions.

Hope yall can work that out.

I'm good with that. But again, I encourage anybody to stand up for themselves if character is attacked.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:56 am

To give people an idea of my thoughts on Live 18, I found the video I posted in that section on NLSC.

phpBB [video]

Most all of the animation issues I mentioned in that video have been fixed for NBA Live 19. Including shots on the move, some of the post animations, the look of fadeaways, etc.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Tstarks on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:11 am

Dee4Three, to bring the lighting closer to Live 18 level, do the following. Within the Accessibility option under Settings, change Brightness = Highest and Contrast = High. The default value for these settings do no justice to the game! Make sure to also modify you TVs settings accordingly. In my case I had to reduce those settings since these internal (with In Live 19) changes already allowed the graphics to pop! Do report your results for the community.
Tstarks

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:14 am

From screenshots I found on Twitter, it looks like Latrell Sprewell (Warriors), Jason Williams, and Ben Wallace will be new additions to LUT. Perhaps we may get some more legends after all.

It sucks that PS4 users don't get the 10 hour trial unlike XB1 users.
RayRay_953

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:21 am

Tstarks wrote:Dee4Three, to bring the lighting closer to Live 18 level, do the following. Within the Accessibility option under Settings, change Brightness = Highest and Contrast = High. The default value for these settings do no justice to the game! Make sure to also modify you TVs settings accordingly. In my case I had to reduce those settings since these internal (with In Live 19) changes already allowed the graphics to pop! Do report your results for the community.

Thanks for the tip! I have messed with those settings and my tv settings, and it's still darker than it should be. HOWEVER, the atmosphere (Crowd reactions) and court reflections are good, and the gameplay is what matters most (and I really enjoy it).

I'll mess around with it a little more tonight. But thanks again.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:06 am

Tstarks wrote:Dee4Three, to bring the lighting closer to Live 18 level, do the following. Within the Accessibility option under Settings, change Brightness = Highest and Contrast = High. The default value for these settings do no justice to the game! Make sure to also modify you TVs settings accordingly. In my case I had to reduce those settings since these internal (with In Live 19) changes already allowed the graphics to pop! Do report your results for the community.

That's actually a really good idea. I didn't think of that. If you want it to look less dark, you should probably change contrast to be as low as possible to bring the darks and the lights back towards the middle.

Spree and White chocolate! Sweet. I hope we get Knicks Sprewell with the cornrows. I hope he was able to feed his family for his appearance in the game.

What would be awesome is if they had different loadouts like the court creation so you can create historic teams and all-time teams in LUT
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:38 am

Holy shit, you are right.

I thought I had tried it with brightness on highest and contrast on high, I hadnt. The game looks much brighter now, everything seems to be standing out more.

Thanks for the tip, it worked!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:34 pm

No word on what the patch for the demo entails as yet. Presumably minor fixes and tweaks, maybe updates addressing LIVE Events content.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jayzmagz on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:40 pm

[Q] wrote:
jayzmagz wrote:Anybody tried playing the demo with the new update on? Haven't downloaded it since I'm downloading other things at the moment.

What's in the update?

Re:shot meter I agree I'm a bit old school but if people are using it to their advantage online I have to use it to be on an even playing field

I was disappointed about the cap in the demo but I was pleasantly surprised that redoing live events nets you 10000 RP so I can continue to earn that as long I spend it. It caps at 20000.

Yes I think courts and arenas are slightly darker this year which is a shame but it still looks good

Also I am getting pleasantly surprised every time I play as the AI continues to make good decisions and good passes on offense

Don't know yet. I have downloaded it and in the PS4 it just said the patch is minor bug fixes.

I noticed that there are sweat in the players jersey. Don't know if that was in the initial demo but I just noticed it when I played it earlier.
jayzmagz

Postby The X on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:01 pm

Canned blocks are really horrible & holding this game back. I shouldn't be able get 13 on superstar in 5min qtr game. Dikembe Cousins had 5 himself. If you have a big anywhere in region inside you just need to hit triangle & you got a block.

Is there a harder difficulty than superstar?

Was mostly fun other than that. More a human v human game at this stage.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:17 pm

jayzmagz wrote:
[Q] wrote:

What's in the update?

Don't know yet. I have downloaded it and in the PS4 it just said the patch is minor bug fixes.

I noticed that there are sweat in the players jersey. Don't know if that was in the initial demo but I just noticed it when I played it earlier.

They had sweat last year where it seemed like after every quarter, they'd add more sweat to the players
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Tstarks on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:24 pm

Dee4Three, great to hear those adjustments made a difference in improving the look of the game! I will say however that I'm hoping for and expecting a fix in a future patch, perhaps the upcoming Day 1 patch. It doesn't make sense that the street mode features fantastic lighting and visuals complete with more pronounced sweat and real skin texture. This workaround helps but I expect more is to come.
Tstarks

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 19