Andrew's Updates | Remove Freestyle Superstars Replay Pop-Up

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Re: Andrew's Updates | NBA Live 18 Title Screen

Postby Andrew on Tue May 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Nope. I haven't released any roster updates since 2013, but others have released rosters for NBA Live 08.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | NBA Live 18 & NBA Live 19 Title Screens

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:42 pm

Just a couple of quick updates. Following on from the earlier release of my NBA Live 18 Title Screen update from the game itself, it's another title screen based on the NBA Live 18 cover art featuring James Harden, and one based on the newly unveiled NBA Live 19 cover art featuring Joel Embiid. You'll find them in the NBA Live 08 section, but they can be used for NBA Live 2005, NBA Live 06, and NBA Live 07 as well. Just place the .big file in the sgsm folder!

NBA Live 19 Joel Embiid Title Screen

DOWNLOAD

NBA Live 18 James Harden Title Screen

DOWNLOAD
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | Default Roster Primacy Fix

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:54 pm

No further updates on any bigger projects as yet (but do stay tuned), but I have released a small fix that we probably should've had years ago. I was talking about the issue of Primacy being recalculated in Breems' story topic, and he brought up the idea of having a Primacy fix for the default rosters (which he is using). As such, I've whipped up one that you can download here:

:arrow: Default Roster Primacy Fix for NBA Live 06

Note that it will display some errors when it can't find certain players in the database. This happens because some players get pruned when you start a new Dynasty game, and I just added the data for all original players to the batch file. All players that the batch file does find should be fixed accordingly, though.

As with the Primacy fixes included in the NLSC roster updates, it should be run fairly regularly, notably whenever there are trades and injuries. Please note that if you're using an NLSC roster update, you should use the Primacy fix that's included with it; this one is for the default roster only. Again, it's just a small fix that I probably should've made years ago, but now we've got it for anyone indulging in some retro gaming.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:59 am

Worked like a charm, thanks! I actually didn't get any errors running it against my dynasty.

I'm guessing the only "downside" is if I run it during an injury, I'll be undoing the game's attempt to recalculate primacy ratings for the remaining players on that team? My guess is these are relative values, so shot distribution would still be relatively accurate.

Also, does the game lower primacy ratings as players age/regress? The only other issue I can think of is if I'm still running this a few years into the dynasty and aging/regressing players are still taking the same amount of shots. I severely doubt that will be an issue because a) players regress very slowly in this game and b) I've never played more than 2-3 years of a dynasty.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:31 pm

That is a possible downside, but I think you'll mostly be fine to run it on a regular basis, even if players are still injured. If you want to take a look around the league and see when big names are back in the lineup following injuries, that might be optimal if you wanted to try that approach. I think the worst case scenario is that shot distribution will be a bit more even, but that's probably a realistic result if a big scorer is out of action anyway.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | NBA Live 19 All-Star Edition Title Screen

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:16 am

Tipping off this year's March Modness with a small release, it's an NBA Live 19 All-Star Edition title screen! It was made for NBA Live 08, but will also work with NBA Live 2005-07.

NBA Live 19 All-Star Edition Title Screen

DOWNLOAD HERE

There's more in the pipeline, so stay tuned!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | Rosters for NBA Live 06 on Xbox 360

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:32 pm

So I'm doing something a little different with my first two releases for this year's March Modness. Since I've been messing around with NBA Live 06 on Xbox 360 recently, I ended up putting together an End of Season roster update, and a save with the '98 Bulls and '98 Lakers replacing the current teams.

Note that these rosters are for the Xbox 360 version only! They will not work with NBA Live 06 PC.

End of 2006 Season Rosters

The End of Season roster is fairly minimalist. I've added a few missing players (such as Smush Parker, since he started all 82 games for the Lakers that year), updated some ratings, and made sure all original players are on their final teams, or in the Free Agents as the case may be. The lineups are also generally accurate as of the end of the season, and all teams have at least 12 players on their roster. It's not as comprehensive as what I'd do with all the tools and possibilities for art updates on PC, but it's something I made for my own use, and figured it may be fun/useful for other people.

DOWNLOAD

Rosters with '98 Chicago Bulls & '98 Los Angeles Lakers

The '98 teams roster is definitely barebones. Both the Bulls and the Lakers only have eight players each, but it's their regular starters and key bench players, so it's enough to mess around with in Play Now. Once again, it's nowhere near as deep as any kind of retro roster for PC, it's just something I whipped up for my own use that I'm sharing in case anyone else wants to check it out.

DOWNLOAD

Now, as with other saves, rosters for the Xbox 360 version of NBA Live 06 need to be rehashed and resigned before they'll work on your profile. I'm not an expert on that - I'm basically providing these roster saves as-is - but I've found a video that should be helpful:

phpBB [video]

NOTE: The roster will overwrite any save with the same name (ROSTERS 13 for the '98 teams, ROSTERS 14 for the End of Season roster). If you have rosters with those names, back them up first or risk losing them. I take no responsibility for any lost data!

After the roster file has been prepared, it's ready to copy to your console.

1. Extract the Content folder and copy it to a USB drive.
  2. Insert USB drive into Xbox 360.
  3. On the Settings tab, go to System and then Storage.
  4. On the Storage page, go to USB Storage Device.
  5. When viewing the USB Storage Device, go to Games & Apps.
  6. Select NBA Live 06, then ROSTERS 13 or ROSTERS 14 (depending which save you're using). Choose Copy.
  7. Select your Xbox 360 Hard Drive as the destination.
  8. The save will now be on your hard drive. If it has been properly prepared, you should be able to load it in-game.
Hope someone feels inclined to give them a try! If you do, let me know how you get on, and whether they work.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | Custom Blank Portraits for NBA Live 2005-08

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:22 am

Custom Blank Portraits for NBA Live 2005-08

This is a pack of custom blank portraits (aka No Portrait Available) to freshen up the presentation in your game. It was originally created for NBA Live 06, but will also work with NBA Live 2005, 07, and 08. The blank portraits are taken from NBA Live 95, 96, 98, 99, 2000, and 2001 PC.

DOWNLOAD HERE
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | 2022 NBA Playoffs & Finals Logos

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:11 pm

2022 NBA Playoffs & Finals Logos for NBA Live 2005-08

This mod updates the NBA Playoffs and NBA Finals logos in NBA Live 2005-08 with their 2022 season designs. The Eastern and Western Conference Finals logos have also been replaced by the NBA Playoffs logo, since it's now used all the way through to the NBA Finals.

DOWNLOAD HERE
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | Bulls-Wizards Jersey

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:16 am

Bulls-Wizards Jersey

DOWNLOAD HERE
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | Remove Freestyle Superstars Replay Pop-Up

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:36 pm

Remove Freestyle Superstars Replay Pop-Up

This will remove the instant replay prompt that pops up following a Freestyle Superstars move in NBA Live 06. The ability to trigger an instant replay by pressing Rebound/Block remains, but you no longer have to worry about the aesthetic being spoiled by a big pop-up.

Key features:

• Removes pop-up for Freestyle Superstars Replay
  • Replays by pressing Rebound/Block
  • Only requires one file!
DOWNLOAD HERE
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 06