Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby Wolfy03 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:05 am

phpBB [video]

Full NBA 2K19 Soundtrack
Wolfy03

Re: NBA 2K19 Soundtrack

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:22 am

With Travis being the curator I expected something off AstroWorld but still for my taste it's not too bad. Several bangers and I am so damn happy to see Brockhampton getting love!
bluejaybrandon

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:21 am

I don't recognise anything, but that's a reflection of how out of touch I am when it comes to music, not the quality of the soundtrack. I'll give it a listen on Spotify.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Andrew wrote:I don't recognise anything, but that's a reflection of how out of touch I am when it comes to music, not the quality of the soundtrack. I'll give it a listen on Spotify.

I think that speaks more to who they got as curator. Travis Scott is a newer artist with a newer sound so he is more likely to lean towards newer tracks. In years past it has just been 2k curating it themselves correct? Because most 2ks had a more balanced approach to songs where as the vast majority of these tracks released in the last 5 years.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:53 pm

They've had a couple of other artists curate in recent years, and some more classic tracks/a mix of genres as of late. I've been listening to it for the past hour or so; not bad. Not all of it is really my sound, but nothing bothers me too much.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Not enough Cardi B.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:33 pm

2k forget to replace placeholder text (in latin) on upper right for T.Scott's quote :lol:
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:45 pm

I just thought he was being particularly erudite.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:54 pm

I just noticed lmao. It's not proper Latin (the Lorem Ipsum texts do not make sense), but they're commonly used as filler texts in order to simulate how let's say website will look like when filled with text instead of having empty boxes.

This is the final version btw.. I liked the placeholder text more.

EDIT: Also they still prove spelling is hard with "Nef the Pharoah"
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:10 pm

The Latin sounds classier, even if it's incorrect.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Pep on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:00 am

I listened every song and de gustibus non est disputandum, but NaS was right Hip Hop is dead. God I hate those mumble "rappers" and there are too much of them on soundtrack, but what I expected when Travis Scott who is one of them is an executive producer? Why 2k didn't take someone like Pete Rock, Q-Tip or Jazzy Jeff especially that this is 20th anniversary so it should be more classics.
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby Murat on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:17 am

This exactly defines the group of players that 2K prefers.

Wack.

Only Live On Stage looks legit there.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:47 am

Pep wrote:God I hate those mumble "rappers" and there are too much of them on soundtrack, but what I expected when Travis Scott who is one of them is an executive producer?

Murat wrote:This exactly defines the group of players that 2K prefers.

Wack.

I mean Travis is not really a mumble rapper but yes the soundtrack does have a lot of them. Honestly, I know many of you here are older but it doesn't make sense for 2k to throw old school artists in there to appeal to a small percentage of their player base. The old heads don't sell the same numbers as younger audiences. This is a smart choice financially and culturally to bring in a trending artist and have him curate a soundtrack that is dominated by current, big-name artists.

It's the whole goal of staying relevant like 2k tries to do on social media. I have friends who don't follow 2k but are big into music and are thrilled with the soundtrack. So while many here think its wack, it is, in fact, perfect for the goal of 2k. It's sad but it should be apparent that the older, basketball crowd is not who 2k is looking to appeal to anymore. They want trendy, social media-driven children hyping their cartoonish, arcadey product.
bluejaybrandon

Postby [Q] on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:16 am

LMAO I thought the lorem ipsum was a legit quote
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:30 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Pep wrote:God I hate those mumble "rappers" and there are too much of them on soundtrack, but what I expected when Travis Scott who is one of them is an executive producer?

Murat wrote:This exactly defines the group of players that 2K prefers.

Wack.

I mean Travis is not really a mumble rapper but yes the soundtrack does have a lot of them. Honestly, I know many of you here are older but it doesn't make sense for 2k to throw old school artists in there to appeal to a small percentage of their player base. The old heads don't sell the same numbers as younger audiences. This is a smart choice financially and culturally to bring in a trending artist and have him curate a soundtrack that is dominated by current, big-name artists.

It's the whole goal of staying relevant like 2k tries to do on social media. I have friends who don't follow 2k but are big into music and are thrilled with the soundtrack. So while many here think its wack, it is, in fact, perfect for the goal of 2k. It's sad but it should be apparent that the older, basketball crowd is not who 2k is looking to appeal to anymore. They want trendy, social media-driven children hyping their cartoonish, arcadey product.

Legit points. I honestly tried to explain this but my English broke at some point. The soundtrack is wack for me, but it's interesting to see that companies recognize today's hip-hop artists with putting up a few old school tracks.

I felt like they were ignored at some perspective, but I liked it.
Also Travis Scott's new album is decent. An Astroworld track would look good.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Pep on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:I mean Travis is not really a mumble rapper but yes the soundtrack does have a lot of them. Honestly, I know many of you here are older but it doesn't make sense for 2k to throw old school artists in there to appeal to a small percentage of their player base. The old heads don't sell the same numbers as younger audiences. This is a smart choice financially and culturally to bring in a trending artist and have him curate a soundtrack that is dominated by current, big-name artists.

Yes I can agree with that, youngers gives you more money than olders, but this is 20th anniversary, old gamers remember those times compared to many youngers who 20 years ago wasn't even born, so I think 2k should a little go afront to old fans with that ocassion.
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:23 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:I mean Travis is not really a mumble rapper but yes the soundtrack does have a lot of them. Honestly, I know many of you here are older but it doesn't make sense for 2k to throw old school artists in there to appeal to a small percentage of their player base. The old heads don't sell the same numbers as younger audiences. This is a smart choice financially and culturally to bring in a trending artist and have him curate a soundtrack that is dominated by current, big-name artists.

True, and to be fair, I don't think many of us were complaining when both Live and 2K were doing the same thing with trendy inclusions in the early to mid 2000s. I think there's value in mixing up genres a bit and including some classic tracks that everyone can enjoy, but they're going to try to appeal to the younger demographic with what's "in" right now and fair enough. I don't mind as the soundtrack has very rarely ever bothered or been a big deal for me, and there's usually at least a couple of songs I end up liking.

That being said, it's a perfect opportunity for a Simpsons quote.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Midas Touch on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Dommy73 wrote:I just noticed lmao. It's not proper Latin (the Lorem Ipsum texts do not make sense), but they're commonly used as filler texts in order to simulate how let's say website will look like when filled with text instead of having empty boxes.

This is the final version btw.. I liked the placeholder text more.

[ Image ]

EDIT: Also they still prove spelling is hard with "Nef the Pharoah"

Lmfao SKEPTA stays on 2K soundtracks :lol:
Midas Touch

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:44 am

Without listening any song (because I honestly don't know any of that track by title), except for that Bruno Mars remix, is this basically a full mumble rap playlist?
I Hate Mondays

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:16 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:Without listening any song (because I honestly don't know any of that track by title), except for that Bruno Mars remix, is this basically a full mumble rap playlist?

No
bluejaybrandon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:18 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
I Hate Mondays wrote:Without listening any song (because I honestly don't know any of that track by title), except for that Bruno Mars remix, is this basically a full mumble rap playlist?

No

Cool then, I'll have volume in my menu
I Hate Mondays

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:20 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

No

Cool then, I'll have volume in my menu

To elaborate, if you hated 2k18's soundtrack you're unlikely to like 2k19. If you found some 2k18 tracks enjoyable, the same can be said for 2k19. They are very similar in terms of musical acts.
bluejaybrandon

Return to NBA 2K19