https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewkhxH0Z_5s
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: "Take The Crown" Gameplay Trailer

Postby ilja23mia on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:24 am

They have to be kidding us..
Irving exactly same scan as 2k18
Not worth this Hype if the gameplay hasnt changed..
I hope our nlsc Guys will fix a Lot of cyberfaces when this game comes out!
Looks just like 2k18
Miami Heat All DAY
ilja23mia

Postby Ballyoop on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:34 am

Meh

is this it, that's what it's all about, manny?
Ballyoop
collywobbles

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:40 am

+ New color for the ball, finally looks realistic
- Clippers still looks way off with the colors, probably no updates for the courts this year

Overall, I see visual improvements somehow. The faces look more animated and less generic. Can't wait to see some actual, unedited gameplay. I am kinda hyped for the moment
I Hate Mondays

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 am

Biggest things that stand out to me in this trailer is the lighting. Extremely similar to 2K18 if not the same. The dark crowds are huge killer to the atmosphere... god it ruins the game. Body models look the same as 2K18, jersey textures look too contrasted/dark (this could be because of the ugly lighting).

I did see some new face scans or just faces in general, from what I could see; Giannis, LeBron, Pau Gasol, John Wall, Chris Paul, Thaddeus Young, CJ McCollum, DeAndre Jordan and Curry. Some faces that still haven't been updated would be Covington, Javale McGee, Westbrook, Kyries massive head....

I did also notice the ball looks a lot more orange, it only took them like 5 years... other than that I don't really think there was anything new, maybe a couple of gameplay features.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:06 am

I've watched the trailer a few times, and to be honest, it hasn't made a big impression on me positively or negatively. I think it's well-produced and all that, and the action was also fine. Many aspects of the visuals look a lot like NBA 2K18, for better or worse, but I expected that having seen the screenshots. I'm OK with that; it wasn't my biggest complaint about NBA 2K18 after all. There were some nice looking moves on display as usual, but a lack of animation variety or quality hasn't been an issue for me either.

It's also hard for a trailer to really blow us away when we're a few games into a generation. The OMG trailer for NBA 2K14 lived up to its name, because it was a big jump in terms of graphics. This is a nice enough trailer, but we've already had the really big jump this generation, so it remains a tough act to follow. On top of that, I've gone through quite a few preview seasons at this point, and while I'd like to think I'm not completely jaded or anything, I've learned to be cautiously optimistic. Especially after getting burned a few times.

When it comes down to it, the biggest questions about NBA 2K19 will be answered through forthcoming developer blogs and ultimately, hands-on experience. The things that I both like and am most frustrated by are not going to be addressed or properly demonstrated by a cinematic trailer, so while I do say credit where it's due and there are some noticeable improvements to certain faces and whatnot, it doesn't really move the needle for me. The developer blog on MyLEAGUE, MyGM, and MyLEAGUE Online had a much bigger impact in terms of getting me hyped and interested in NBA 2K19.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:16 am

Going to leave my comments to myself at the moment......

All I will say is: I will try the game, but it's looking like I may have the same feelings as I did about 2K18...
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 am

Seems like mostly celebration animations and not much actual gameplay
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Manni Live on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:41 am

Absolutely nothing surprised me in the trailer. I really just hope they fix the gameplay more than anything at this moment. What mainly stood out was the fact that they still havent fix the damn lighting in the game. Teams like wizards,warriors and the magic arenas should not be that dark. So far it looks very identical to 2k18.

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby ConfigSys on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:33 am

Waste of time
ConfigSys

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:01 am

Well, it looks like 2K18.
sticky-fingers

Postby Murat on Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:39 am

I guess it's 2K18 lol. In some segments it seemed like a Shady00018 production
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:54 am

2K, since 2014 has tried to replicate that crazy OMG trailer and had failed ever since. They gotta try something else.

phpBB [video]
ThaLiveKing

Postby mrk326 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:59 pm

2k18 and 2k19 be like lol

ACCEPTING DONATIONS
DONATE
mrk326

Postby voidjointx on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:31 pm

Bet you can just put 2k18 mods into 2k19 and it'll work
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Postby Midas Touch on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:08 pm

I totally Agree with everything said in the thread i came over from Operation Sports and finally decided to make an account on this Forum

The people at OS are flipping meat riders and just incompetent. For example i said that this is NBA 2K18.5 and they just started bashing me.

I'm glad i found somewhere people actually have some sense and see that 2K will no longer improve it's product since they're the juggernaut.
Midas Touch

Postby Sith on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Anyway we have warm sleeves in the game :D
This world would be much better if people stopped doing useless things and started creating really good stuff...
Sith

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Midas Touch wrote:I totally Agree with everything said in the thread i came over from Operation Sports and finally decided to make an account on this Forum

The people at OS are flipping meat riders and just incompetent. For example i said that this is NBA 2K18.5 and they just started bashing me.

I'm glad i found somewhere people actually have some sense and see that 2K will no longer improve it's product since they're the juggernaut.

Welcome to the NLSC man. Yep I feel the exact same way about OS. Just a forum that is too scared to bash the game because they don't want to destroy the ties they have with the devs. Right now it's just a bunch of veteran members shutting down any criticism, bringing out the typical "it's an early build" or "it's way too early". I was recently threatened with a ban because I was being "off topic" talking about how people shouldn't be fooled into pre-ordering. Shit is ridiculous over there.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Vlad2010 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:38 am

One difference from 2k18 is there - different ball :mrgreen:
Vlad2010

Postby ConfigSys on Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 am

Vlad2010 wrote:One difference from 2k18 is there - different ball :mrgreen:

hmmmm i think the difference is one digit :|
ConfigSys

Postby Rosque on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:17 am

I saw some solid gameplay features they hinted at with CP3 holind defender in jail and Giannis with euro-dunk. This is for the casuals anyway. And realistically, how in the hell is gfx gonna look any different when they pretty much peaked?
Rosque

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

2K14 to this day looks better than 2K15-2K18. They could make the game look better, the reality is they don't have enough time as they had with 2K14 (it was developed over multiple years). Instead of optimising the game they just scale down everything (removing body models, making crowds/stadiums pitch black etc.) to make the game run properly. I personally don't think they've peaked at all, they're just cutting corners because of lack of time.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:14 am

Rosque wrote:I saw some solid gameplay features they hinted at with CP3 holind defender in jail and Giannis with euro-dunk. This is for the casuals anyway. And realistically, how in the hell is gfx gonna look any different when they pretty much peaked?

How have they peaked? It's basically universally agreed upon that 2K14 (Released in 2013) had better overall graphics than 2K18, and looks to be better than 2K19 as well. The body types in 2K18 were clay like, how is that peaking? Oversized heads all over the league, clay body types (Gumby looking bodies), darker arenas than real life, unrealistically dead atmosphere, lighting issues in general, courts that are completely the wrong color, etc.

The graphics have not peaked in the least. For this gen, the equivalent of peaking graphically/atmosphere wise is Madden 18 and possibly 19 (For a sports game) or the new pro evolution soccer games. So on top of legacy issues and new gameplay issues that were presented in 2K18, the graphics have also been taking steps back since the first game on this generation.

In regards to Operation Sports: We are lucky to have the NLSC where we are not censored. So thank you Andrew and company for that.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:27 am

It seems like detail is being sacrificed to make room for assets such as halftime interviews and other such presentation features. They're nice features that add to the atmosphere, but they also get rather repetitive, so I wouldn't mind not seeing them anymore if it freed up room to enhance the visuals and game in other ways.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:37 am

Is it sacrifice ? because even if it's bad work, they worked on it.

It looks like an administration or a big company. The "body crew" seems to work every year on players body types.
Body types were pretty good in 2K16.
Then 2K17, skinny type.
And 2K18 some big heads issues. It really looks like 2K "body crew" work without without cooperating with "faces crew".
sticky-fingers

Next

Return to NBA 2K19