New Nuggets Branding

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

New Nuggets Branding

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:15 pm

I believed we missed having a topic on this, so here goes: Story @ SportsLogos.net

The Denver Nuggets unveiled their new, kinda-retro logos late tonight both via an event and on their social media channels which they titled “Evolve”. The logos are very similar to what was first posted by Conrad Burry several weeks ago.

Using their secondary “pickaxe” logo as the main focus of the new identity the club stepped backwards and went with a colour scheme more reminiscent of those used during the 1990s and into the early 2000s adding a deep red to the scheme which instantly brings back memories of those old Nuggets teams.

I wonder how long it'll be before every team in the league has a circular logo. It looks fine and all, but it feels like there's more creativity and originality in the secondary and alternate logos these days.

The new uniforms:

I like them. The colours feel like even more of a throwback to the designs from the mid to late 90s, which are probably my favourite Nuggets jerseys.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: New Nuggets Branding

Postby Lean on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:32 pm

I agree with you about the roundel logos, Andrew. Still not a fan of mismatched colors between the numbers and the wordmark.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Rimbaud82 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:30 am

Big fan!
Rimbaud82

Postby [Q] on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:03 am

I'm not the biggest fan of the blue and red color scheme from the 90s, but it definitely looks better than it did in the 90s and honestly I'm tired of the baby blue & yellow look they've had forever
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:19 am

I will buy all three right now!

On a serious note, the middle one is probably my favourite.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:42 am

The new skyline is nice, but the one from the '80s is frickin' awesome; I really hate that each jersey change is getting more and more generic for the league in general (Nets, Thunder, etc... zero imagination), but that blue 'Mile High' alternate is awesome. (Y)

I feel like the standard away jersey is kinda dull and should swap with the alternate. It's also lame how teams are "rebranding" more and more often - like I would love if the Cavs still had the logo and jerseys from LeBron's first stint. For the Nuggets, even this jersey is awesome; then again, I loved the Wizards' gold alternates as well.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:39 pm

It does feel like they've been very quick to re-brand in recent years. The 76ers were doing that a few years back, too.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Probably to sell more jerseys, i'm curious if that worked for 76ers
sticky-fingers

Postby koberulz on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:21 pm

In the NBL, every team redesigns their jersey every year. Logo changes are much more rare though.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Return to NBA & Basketball