NBA Live 19 - Female Create-A-Player

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

NBA Live 19 - Female Create-A-Player

Postby Wolfy03 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:50 am

phpBB [video]
Wolfy03

Re: NBA Live 19 - Female Create-A-Player

Postby Wolfy03 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:59 am

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/07/27/building-off-wnba-integration-last-year-ea-adds-female-create-a-player-to-nba-live-19

EA’s decision last year to integrate the WNBA into NBA Live 18 was met with praise from media and basketball fans alike. This year, developer EA Tiburon is taking that commitment to the next level by adding female create-a-player.

“After releasing the WNBA Play now feature in NBA Live 18 we saw a huge response, not only from media sites but the community,” said creative director Ryan Santos. “We have a lot of female ballers out there who love the sport, who watch the WNBA and NBA, and who hoop. It felt like once we established The One, we now have a really solid foundation for a way to play the game in a new career mode; it was the right time to create that feature with female create-a-player. Because we already had the infrastructure for the WNBA - we had the models, we had the animation, we had the hairstyles - it was a natural progression for us to build off."

Fans can build their female create-a-player in The One mode and enjoy the same progression system as the male players. Users can take these lady ballers into Live Run, live events, and Streets World Tour to earn unique gear and rewards. The one major piece of the component still missing is being able to join the WNBA. Why not take this natural step forward?

“We ran out of time,” Santos said. “In the original designs, we wanted to have a professional path for the female characters to go into the WNBA. But we took on a whole new mode and all this other stuff, and we just ran out of runway to get to that mode. But it is in our future plans. It's something we want to deliver on ideally in the next version or after that."

Some screenshots:
Wolfy03

Postby Rodzilla91 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:18 am

Some neat stuff right here. I wonder if they've added more customization to CAP, cause it was pretty bare bones in 18.
Rodzilla91

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:22 am

This is awesome. It was something I had suggested based on the reasons they stated. The infrastructure was already there. I had also suggested going to the WNBA as well but that isn't exactly a copy over from the NBA so it obviously would have taken more time than they had.

I am actually looking forward to creating a female player and checking it out

The question is whether you can scan a face in or not. Last year you'd scan a face and it would be the same face used for all players unless you chose a generic face. Perhaps they'll store one male and one female face on your account this year
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:49 am

Very cool, and a nice expansion on the WNBA content they had in NBA Live 18. It's a shame there isn't a more fleshed out season or career mode, but it's encouraging to hear that it's something that's been discussed, and has been earmarked for future releases.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby jayzmagz on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:55 am

Wow that's a great surprise. Having women in CAP could attract more players not just men but also women basketball enthusiast. It's a simple addition but could create a big impact.
jayzmagz

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:07 am

It's definitely one way you can really set yourself apart from the competition. People are becoming more fed up with 2k and their tactics, so it would certainly give female gamers an easy reason to make the switch
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:15 am

In lieu of being able to match what 2K has done with historical teams, it's also a great hook in terms of additional content. Get some WNBA modes into the game (while continuing to improve the NBA modes), and you've got a product that's getting deeper on top of the progression with the gameplay.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Breems on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:29 pm

Awesome. It would be neat to see more women playing basketball games on YouTube/Twitch/etc.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:16 am

Glad to have women as an option to create. Also liking the fact that you can recruit WNBA players based on the trailers. Sadly, it's become a controversial opinion from non-Live fans, with comments ranging from "reason 479 why 2K is better", "this is why Live is going downhill lmao", to unnecessarily sexist comments like, "only place women belong is the kitchen", and "72 overall is generous for them lol."

Regardless, I'm willing to make male and female CAP's.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:52 am

I've seen those comments popping up as well. Unfortunate, but sadly not surprising.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby PeacemanNOT on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:44 am

I actually like this a lot, just another aspect Live has over 2K. Hopefully they will incorporate the WNBA into The One, even if they just made it pretty simple and removed the story aspects it would still be awesome to create a female baller and become a superstar in the league.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:38 am

Seems like they're looking at doing that in the future. In the meantime, some more info about creating players for The One, and the progression/playstyle system: https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/ ... e-a-player
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:00 am

My sister said I can create her in the game lol...Can't wait to school dudes in the park with her
ThaLiveKing

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:08 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:My sister said I can create her in the game lol...Can't wait to school dudes in the park with her

Please have her around when you play and have her trash talk them :D
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 am

I might have her do some over dub vocals talking shit LMAO
ThaLiveKing

Return to NBA Live 19