NBA 2K19 Official Screenshots

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: NBA 2K19 Official Screenshots

Postby Sith on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Will you excuse me if i won't buy this same crap for modding? :)
This world would be much better if people stopped doing useless things and started creating really good stuff...
Sith

Postby Wolfy03 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:02 am

Wolfy03

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:08 am

More of the same. I figure they'll all be like that, at least for the First Look and Team 2K screens.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby jayzmagz on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:15 am

I'm losing interest on this game. I am more hyped with NBA Live than 2K. I hope Live makes 2K the number 2 basketball game this year for them to even try doing something for their franchise.
jayzmagz

Postby Manni Live on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:19 am

91? He is definitely not no 91 had a subpar season and did not show up in the playoffs. Also these screenshots honestly dont prove anything is different the only thing i notice was the sweat is more enhanced 2k is a joke,this game will not be anything special.

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby StyxTx on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:52 am

Dee4Three wrote:
It doesn't matter, they are making a simulation basketball video game. There is nothing to "Consider". They market It like it's focused 100% on basketball, they talk about "Formulas" for the ratings/tendencies that are supposed to emulate real life, they try and make the players look like real life (Well, most of the current players, and I mean faces not bodies) etc. They market it as a simulation experience, therefore it should be a simulation experience. Things that take away from this and deceive the public are things like greed, power, money, etc. This isn't Jam, or Street, etc.

Look at PeacemanNot's comment, it's basically saying " I think NBA 2K18 looked fine, outside of 1 2 3 4 things". We, as regular joes can see these issues upon first view. They are glaring, unrealistic, they are eyesores. It's 2018, and the graphics department in 2K is pumping out more unrealistic graphics/eyesore graphics than what we had in 2013 (When 2K14 for this gen came out).... about 5 years later.. and things look... worse? "Everything looks fine outside the bodies, textures, big heads, bad lighting, bad atmosphere, textures, classic jerseys, classic courts, courts in general, stadiums, classic players faces, etc"..... so basically the game doesn't look fine at all and has a slew of graphical issues.

Which comes back to the gameplay. If the graphics department can fail so miserably, surely 2K must be using that time and resources on the gameplay? Well, not quite. It looks/feels like we received a unfinished product with gameplay elements that look like they took steps backwards. So if that's the case, they must have spent that extra time on mode depth? well.. not exactly, as some of the biggest complaints are centered around the structure of mycareer. etc etc, I could go on and on.

The marketing machine that is Take-Two Interactive works like a charm, because 2K has become the cool thing to play, the "in" thing, it's turned into a weaker product, because the company is comfortable. Don't be the teenager on the block without it, don't be the dude not playing MyCareer, don't be the dude not playing at the Park. Oh wait, you don't have a high enough rating to compete, and don't have the time in your busy schedule to play 4 hours a day (Between school sports, homework etc) or as an adult work, life obligations. Don't worry, you can BUY VC in order to make your player a tad better, don't forget to ask your parents for the money if you don't have it. Oh, you don't look cool on the court, people telling you it doesn't look like you, or your hair is "Whack", don't forget to use your hard earned money on that haircut that makes you look the part. But first, make sure you watch these cutscenes, or wait three hours to connect and get into a game.

Oh, and while you are fattening our pockets with millions of dollars in revenue as a result of our VC insanity, and pre-order madness. We will ignore your requests to include a legend in the game, and will ignore the retired players association request even though we can clearly accommodate the requests. On top of that, all your complaints about VC? Well, you can't have the game for free though!! We will completely ignore the fact that you are already paying $60 for the product, and sometimes $100 or more, and basically call YOU cheap for not wanting to spend even more once you have already purchased the game. Meanwhile, our marketing is targeted the youth/young adults who we want to continue throwing more and more money into our greedy hands.

If you can't tell, I'm super frustrated.

Excellent post. (Y)
StyxTx

Postby StyxTx on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:56 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:Once again, exact same format. Under the head shot, exaggerated sweat. I'm surprised no one else is talking about this on OS or the 2K subreddit.

Can't talk about it on OS. Well, unless you want to get banned.
StyxTx

Postby daavids19 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:53 pm

gameplay!! it is the same than nba 2k18 (N)
phpBB [video]
daavids19

Postby Wolfy03 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:26 pm

daavids19 wrote:gameplay!! it is the same than nba 2k18 (N)
phpBB [video]

Definately same game as 2K18, from graphics to gameplay... Great job, 2K....
By the way, there is already topic for gameplay: viewtopic.php?f=240&t=105846
Wolfy03

Postby Wolfy03 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:18 am

Wolfy03

Postby [Q] on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:09 am

Great strategy by 2k. These shots don't really offer much other than featuring stars on new teams and to get people talking/arguing over an arbitrary overall rating number
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:15 am

Same body than previous screenshots :shock:
sticky-fingers

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:28 am

[Q] wrote:Great strategy by 2k. These shots don't really offer much other than featuring stars on new teams and to get people talking/arguing over an arbitrary overall rating number

Seems to be a big focus for them the past couple of years. Goes back to our previous conversation about how they take ratings very seriously and inflate them to try and not disappoint anyone.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:29 am

[Q] wrote:Great strategy by 2k. These shots don't really offer much other than featuring stars on new teams and to get people talking/arguing over an arbitrary overall rating number

Pretty much. Slight improvements to sweat effects and faces that were already pretty on-point before (or likewise slightly better) also distract from the bigger picture.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Agreed
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:05 am

For those of you who were saying the lighting looked better, or the skin looked different, etc. It's just how I thought, it's the same as 2K18.

That's an official screenshot posted by OS. Look at LeBron here in his Lakers warm up, that's no different than 2K18... it's the same lighting.

Just as we can tell on the gameplay videos, you are seeing basically the same game as 2K18.

Yes, its about gameplay mostly, but that also doesn't look promising going by the footage.

NOTE: I am not 100% sure this is 2K19, but it's what OS used as the photo for the impressions article. Please correct me if I am wrong. It's also the same matchup that was used in Smooves video, as well as other videos that have surfaced.

SO EXCITED FOR LIVE 19.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:29 am

I'm 100% sure that's 2K18, his beard is not what it looks like in his first look screenshot.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:33 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:I'm 100% sure that's 2K18, his beard is not what it looks like in his first look screenshot.

Why would OS use that screenshot of the same matchup, for a 2K19 article, with a 2K18 picture?

Kind of stupid, that's not good marketing at all.

But I trust you.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:35 am

Yeah I thought the same thing when I saw the article, seems like a mistake on their part. They should have just used one of the first look screenshots. But yeah I can just tell thats 2K18.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Wolfy03 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:23 am

I also belive that, this is 2K18 screenshot. He has different style of beard now, which we saw on first look screenshot. On the other hand, it is indeed stupid to put a 2K18 screenshot on 2K19 article, with all those first look screenshots and gameplay footage revealed.
Wolfy03

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:19 pm

The First Look screenshots are arguably difficult to use because of the way they've positioned the First Look logo and the overall ratings text, so it might've been used in lieu of having a "clean" screenshot on hand. Of course, if it's an article that comes out before any preview media is released, then it also makes sense to use a screenshot of the previous game to at least have some visual from the same franchise. If that's an NBA 2K18 screenshot then it is a bit confusing given the context, but it could just be the lack of clean screenshots so far.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Wolfy03 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:13 am

Wolfy03

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:27 am

Wow a screenshot from the front... maybe they saw me talking about it on OS. A much better facescan than last year but he has barely any muscle and his torso seems a bit short.
Donate if you'd like to:
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby mrk326 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:03 pm

i really wish they could have spent more time sculpting body types :(
ACCEPTING DONATIONS
DONATE
mrk326