2018 Free agency talk/rumors

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: 2018 Free agency talk/rumors

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:10 pm

Andrew wrote:To put it another way, Melo might actually decrease their chances.

If it's just a minimum deal, I'll give it a chance. If he doesn't work out, he can be easily cut off.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:45 am

if that rumor of butler for melo turns out to be the real deal lol
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:26 pm

benji wrote:Dan Rather tried, but he's no Stephen A.: https://twitter.com/DanRather/status/10 ... 4366841856

was there a way to embed twitters i forgot how to use? or am i confusing other forums features with ones here again

I thought Dan Rather was dead?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:58 pm

I think Pop finally let Tony Parker go instead of Parker being tired of playing for the Spurs.

You can only do so much like cheat with your teammate's wife and ruin relations between the team and its current franchise player before your long time and future HoF coach let's you go despite being widely considered as a team legend and future HoF.

I think Melo to Rockets would work. Chris Paul is one of the few players that Melo respects and Paul won't hesitate to ego check Melo to stay in his lane like Paul did with Blake, DeAndre, and Austin Rivers (and we all knew how that turned out loool).
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:48 pm

That's an interesting suggestion, actually. Maybe it is part of a plan to try and appease Kawhi. It probably doesn't harm the efforts, at any rate.

Pdub wrote:
benji wrote:Dan Rather tried, but he's no Stephen A.: https://twitter.com/DanRather/status/10 ... 4366841856

was there a way to embed twitters i forgot how to use? or am i confusing other forums features with ones here again

I thought Dan Rather was dead?

Looks like that'd be news to him.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:10 am

At even odds, are you taking a healthy Warriors team or the 2019 East All-Stars in a seven-game series?

[Not Andrew] Begley: Warriors. Let's assume that neither Jimmy Butler nor Kawhi Leonard are dealt to an Eastern Conference team, and that Kyrie Irving is healthy. Given those parameters, I'd still have to take the Warriors here because of the way they can space the floor with dead-eye shooters. Also, an important factor that makes this hypothetical tough to answer: chemistry. Unless the core of this East All-Star team had spent the past three seasons playing more than 300 total games together, there's no way they operate with the level of on-court rhythm the Warriors have established.

Forsberg: East All-Stars. Sure, the Warriors have the potential to trot out five All-Stars, but, even in a star-depleted East, the ability to go 13 deep with impact talent would give the East an edge during a seven-game series, but the Warriors would win three games.

Herring: East All-Stars. I don't even know that I have a valid reason for this pick, but it makes me feel better about the state of the league to at least imagine that one conference's All-Stars would be superior to an actual team's starting five. What a world.

MacMullan: Hey now, I love the Warriors as much as anyone, but let's get real. Give me a roster of Joel Embiid, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kyrie Irving, Victor Oladipo, Jayson Tatum, DeMar DeRozan, Ben Simmons, John Wall, Jaylen Brown, Blake Griffin, Al Horford, Kevin Love, Bradley Beal, Kemba Walker and Kyle Lowry and I'll take my chances.

Pelton: East All-Stars. While the Warriors would probably have the best two players in such a series, the difference in starting fives isn't dramatic, and the East would have an enormous depth edge with the likes of Bradley Beal and Kyle Lowry coming off the bench.
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:31 am

I wonder if Adam Silver would actually end up taking some inspiration from the 1976 ABA All-Star Game and have the Warriors vs a team of All-Stars, East or otherwise.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:03 am

That one year for a few minutes we did get The Pistons vs. The West.
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Melo to the Rockets is now the most likely scenario, as per the latest the rumours.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:21 am

shadowgrin wrote:I think Pop finally let Tony Parker go instead of Parker being tired of playing for the Spurs.

You can only do so much like cheat with your teammate's wife and ruin relations between the team and its current franchise player before your long time and future HoF coach let's you go despite being widely considered as a team legend and future HoF.

I think Melo to Rockets would work. Chris Paul is one of the few players that Melo respects and Paul won't hesitate to ego check Melo to stay in his lane like Paul did with Blake, DeAndre, and Austin Rivers (and we all knew how that turned out loool).
wow tmz over here!
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:51 am

Now that you brought it up it does seem like they let him go to appease Leonard.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:32 am

Andrew wrote:Melo to the Rockets is now the most likely scenario, as per the latest the rumours.

LOL @ Houston for thinking about adding Carmelo Anthony.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/7/10/ ... ntoni-gmib
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:54 am

It is going to be an awkward reunion with D'Antoni, if nothing else. I guess they're desperate to do something seemingly big this offseason, besides retaining CP3 (which was a good move). I saw a good quip on Twitter remarking that teams want Hoodie Melo, but will likely end up with Snuggie Melo.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Isaiah Thomas is going to Denver on a one year deal. An opportunity to play for a bigger contract next year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Lmao he signed a $2 million deal. I bet in Boston he was expecting a max deal

Jeremy Lin traded to the Hawks. It's a shame injuries prevented him from really showing the improvements he made in his game but hopefully this year he will
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:07 pm

If anybody here has anything they need to get rid of, the Nets are apparently taking whatever:

The Atlanta Hawks acquired Brooklyn Nets guard Jeremy Lin in a trade on Thursday night, league sources told ESPN.

Atlanta sends Brooklyn a 2020 second-round pick via Portland and the rights to Isaia Cordinier, league sources said. Cordinier is a 2016 second-round pick who has remained overseas.

The Nets will send the Hawks a 2025 second-round pick and the right to swap picks with the Nets in 2023, league sources said.

The Denver Nuggets agreed to trade forwards Kenneth Faried and Darrell Arthur, a 2019 protected first-round pick and a 2020 second-round pick to the Brooklyn Nets, league sources told ESPN.

The Nuggets acquire guard Isaiah Whitehead in the trade, whom they'll waive, league sources said.
benji

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:41 pm

I feel bad for Jeremy Lin
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:38 pm

From pizza guy to back the brinks truck up to $2mil

Dude's always going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder. Best of luck IT
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:50 pm

Jimmy Butler has turned down a $100 million extension from the Timberwolves.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Seems like he has issues with KAT or someone in the organization. That plus he probably wants to bank on himself to see what's available with all these teams opening ujp space for next summer, ahem LA
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:12 am

The Chicago Bulls have signed free-agent forward Jabari Parker, the team announced Saturday.

It's a two-year, $40 million deal, league sources told ESPN.

The agreement was consummated Saturday, moments after Milwaukee Bucks general manager Jon Horst removed the qualifying offer on the restricted free agent and allowed him to become unrestricted.

The Bucks weren't going to match a Bulls offer sheet, and the deal -- brokered with Parker's agent Mark Bartelstein -- allowed a good-faith gesture for Parker to sign a shorter deal with the Bulls.

"We really love Jabari and wanted to work with him on this, because we weren't going to match an offer sheet," Horst told ESPN.
benji

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:40 am

What's up with guys backing out of deals? First Bjelica and now Yogi Farrell. Don't accept if you're not 100% sure
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:44 am

[Q] wrote:Don't accept if you're not 100% sure

Or a midget and a ginger barricade your front door not allowing you to leave.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:50 am

Given the history of DeAndre and Dallas, I thought him signing there this summer is pretty funny. Shows that he actually wanted to go to Dallas but got peer pressured into changing his mind

Both Bjelica and Farrell spurned their teams to join the Kings? That's just really weird. Why would anyone want to go to a dysfunctional team like that. Vlade must have threatened to kill their families or something lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball