Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K19

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K19

Postby Murat on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Visuals:
- Realistic lighting. Players look like action figures.

Otherwise:
- VC is something innovative, when you see most games have paid content. However the role of VC should be reduced. Why do I need to buy VC in order to improve 3P shooting of My Player? Damn.
Last edited by Murat on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:18 am

Murat wrote:Visuals:
- Realistic lightning. Players look like action figures.

Otherwise:
- VC is something innovative, when you see most games have paid content. However the role of VC should be reduce. Why do I need to buy VC in order to improve 3P shooting of My Player? Damn.

Action figures have muscle. The players look like clay in 2K18.

Agreed on the lighting, the body types in general need an overhaul
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby RetroFuture on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Perhaps they should look to other games for references.

Call me crazy, but NBA 2K9 has perhaps the most realistic skin textures and cloth textures I have ever seen for a basketball game even on current gen.

2K9 was next gen before next gen.

If they could combine 2K9's skin and cloth textures with 2K11's crispness and lighting, that would be an absolute game changer.

The Pro Evolution Soccer Series has excelled at realism too in this regard. They have this photographic aesthetic to their games that has been present since 2010. They use the body type system (which includes 10 basic body parts) where the user can edit even the neck length of the player.

NBA 2K does need a better approach from the art director. I think there is too much focus on getting hairstyle, tattoo, court and uniform art right (that is what happens when they listen to the crowd), and not enough on making the game look like real life.
RetroFuture

Postby JEDL on Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:28 pm

MyCareer
  • Enough with the MyCareer BS. I miss the old MyCareer back in last-gen where there wasn't any story at all and I could skip games and play the important ones only (rival games and elimination games).
  • Can't the story elements in MyCareer be text-based like MyGM? It creates a lot of potential since branching storylines are possible with this and we don't have to be another DJ, Prez, Freq or whoever. Voice acting would be no longer needed and work can be shifted elsewhere.
MyGM/MyLeague
  • A guy suggested this before but I don't remember where: Eliminate the OVR ratings during MyGM/MyLeague and have players rated by grade (A+, A, A-, etc.). This makes team management more of a challenge, instead of looking at the player list and seeing, "Oh look this guy is 83, guess I'll sign him to give me the best chance to win since the other guy is only 82", GMs could look at specifics instead to what the team needs.
  • Improve AI in MyGM/MyLeague. I have never seen CPU-controlled teams utilise Two-Way/10-day contracts, and I don't recall CPU teams waive anyone or utilise free agency mid-season. Also, have teams utilise the tanking strategy. And lastly: trading. The CPU will only go for trades as long as the star values match-up which shouldn't always be the case since lopsided trades do occur from time to time with teams even sending out trades just to send players away which doesn't happen in this game.
  • All-Star selections are a popularity contest in real life which factors in the team and production (most of the time). But in this game, its just anyone who is above the overall of 85.
  • I don't mind the story elements of MyGM with the ridiculous owner and managing player egos, in fact I liked them. Its just that they happened too often and became more of a nuisance.
  • Bring back the D-League from 2K11 (G-League). I missed that feature. I liked seeing my trash bench prospect dominate in that league and eventually earn my trust to have a roster spot. It was also a good way to scout for prospects and seeing what kind of numbers they put up.
Miscellaneous
  • The ability to add multiple/change hairstyles/facial hair for players.
  • Improved CAP system. Perhaps something like a lite-version of the WWE 2K version.
  • The Neighborhood was a tiring experience and a complete chore, its a free roam area for the sake of being a free roam area. It was essentially a jogging simulator while I show off my "swag". From day one I thought this was a bad idea but I have a feeling this feature will never go away.
  • Perhaps its highly unlikely for this to be implemented but custom music would be appreciated. I spend most of the time in MyGM/MyLeague and it gets tiring to hear the same crap music.
  • Why can't we edit headbands for players?
  • Rating system or a proper sorting system for 2K Share or perhaps allow descriptions for the uploads. This is to get rid of the clickbait garbage that gets the most downloads while others who put in effort get buried at the bottom.
Gameplay
  • I don't know if anyone has ever noticed this but there will be times during games where everyone will freeze except the guy you are controlling until the commentators finish their line. This needs to stop as it only ruins the flow of the game with everyone just standing around waiting for the damned commentators to shut up.
  • Get rid of the shot release stick for layups.
  • All CPU controlled teams only follow the rotation minutes regardless if the lineup works or not. Have coaches implement different lineups to counter the opponent in-game.

EDIT: Added G-League
JEDL
LuDirk Doncitzki

Postby Rosque on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:45 am

A sidenote - gleague is in the myleague but it's not playable.
Rosque

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:21 am

I know it's late but should we make a NBA Live 19 list just so people can say what they'd like to see in the game.
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:51 am

DaCrispy wrote:I know it's late but should we make a NBA Live 19 list just so people can say what they'd like to see in the game.

One already exists, and was submitted by Andrew. You could always add additional items to that wishlist in the NBA Live 19 section, doesn't hurt.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Yeah, the NBA Live 19 and NBA 2K19 Wishlists were made at the same time, and have both been submitted. They're still open for further discussion and suggestions.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:45 pm

God dammit :?

I never go over to those sections my bad
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Pippen_33 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:26 am

Gameplay on current gen has been on a downward spiral since 2K14. Lots of gimmicks and little substance.

I would rather have a 2K14 2.0 on current gen than a 2k18 2.0.
The Pippen Rules
Pippen_33

Postby Lesat on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:20 am

Add retro teams:
- 09/10 LAL
- 08/09 Magic
Lesat

Postby jwin on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:05 am

i don't remember which version it was, i'm thinking 2k12 or 13, but i wish they'd bring back the random face generator for created players. it at least gave more options and less players that look the same
jwin

Postby BrotherJRB on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:20 am

Really want token PG pressure like the Warriors did to Lebron in the finals. Not a full court press but just a setting where a defender will guard the point and try to turn him a couple of times and use the shot clock.

MyLeague can start in any year. So we could start in the year 1999 with real schedules. Then we can use the current association features to expand and relocate teams along with rule changes etc....don't need real players. Just real schedules/calendars, salary cap and rules.

Better player models for create a player and edit. Would be nice to edit different body parts on a slider like the shoulder width and wingspan that is given. Thickness of musculature. Would like to create Oliver Miller, Boris Diaw and Terry Mills "husky" type players.

Playcall system linked to some type of vocal initiation. I would love to just be able to call out my play instead of running through 3 button combinations.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby t-work on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:59 pm

If I knew we'd finally get a legit photo mode this year, I'd pre-order right now. It'd be super sick if the instant replay had advanced camera modes\settings, too

I've got a ton of other things I'd like to see implemented, changed, or removed. When I find the extra time, I'll compile a list
t-work

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:27 pm

When it comes to Instant Replay, I'd prefer it if the camera didn't snap to certain angles and positions. I'm guessing it's done in the name of having realistic angles for the shots, but it's pretty restrictive and cumbersome.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jwin on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:43 am

forgot all about this before, and it's minor but hopefully could be an easy thing to check for 2k19, but during summer league, in practice mode the player wouldn't shoot the ball, you were only able to move around. worked okay in-season though
jwin

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:41 am

t-work wrote:If I knew we'd finally get a legit photo mode this year, I'd pre-order right now. It'd be super sick if the instant replay had advanced camera modes\settings, too

I've got a ton of other things I'd like to see implemented, changed, or removed. When I find the extra time, I'll compile a list

It should be easy, because with something like Nvidia Ansel.

Imagine a steam workshop where you could download extra teams, faces etc... :roll:
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Since NBA 2K19 is out now, I'll close this topic. We'll be opening up an NBA 2K20 topic soon, when we've all had a chance to sink our teeth into NBA 2K19.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K19