Real 2018 Draft Class - Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Real 2018 Draft Class

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:55 am

Pitinodidntknow wrote:been following this for a long time and can't wait till it drops. Is this for pc only? or could I get the mod on xbox

PC only unfortunately. Unable of anyway to port it over. I know 2k is on sale on pc so if you have something that runs it I suggest snagging it now.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Rosque on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:11 pm

If you cannot get this draft class or his upcoming roster you should try SimWorld stuff
Rosque

Postby InFaMouS ny on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:16 am

Last edited by InFaMouS ny on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
InFaMouS ny

Postby OG 75 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:07 am

What's good Blue? I hope you're feeling ok as you still work hard to put in the finishing touches on your draft class. In the meantime for all you modders that are still waiting for the class, I do have my own version of the draft classes based off the PS4 version if any of you are interested. I'll post it in a little bit.
OG 75

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:11 am

OG 75 wrote:What's good Blue? I hope you're feeling ok as you still work hard to put in the finishing touches on your draft class. In the meantime for all you modders that are still waiting for the class, I do have my own version of the draft classes based off the PS4 version if any of you are interested. I'll post it in a little bit.

Not trying to take anything away from you but it would probably be more on-topic to make your own thread. I'm not a fan of the fact some of the cyberfaces were pre-released but its a reality. So if you're compiling them in a class, it will be better off in a specific thread for that class. Then when people have questions, there is no confusion.
bluejaybrandon

Postby OG 75 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:27 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
OG 75 wrote:What's good Blue? I hope you're feeling ok as you still work hard to put in the finishing touches on your draft class. In the meantime for all you modders that are still waiting for the class, I do have my own version of the draft classes based off the PS4 version if any of you are interested. I'll post it in a little bit.

Not trying to take anything away from you but it would probably be more on-topic to make your own thread. I'm not a fan of the fact some of the cyberfaces were pre-released but its a reality. So if you're compiling them in a class, it will be better off in a specific thread for that class. Then when people have questions, there is no confusion.

No offense taken bro; I'm just trying to chime in on the draft class thing. As I said, I'll be posting up a thread about my DC in a little while since I have to put some work in to make sure it's accurate enough though so people can download & have fun with it in the meantime. Also I'm sorry about what your going through with life & all while you work on this project. Guess some people could have &/or act ungrateful sometimes when they want some things done for their convenience with sometimes no regard to what the creators go through with their work and all.
OG 75

Postby InFaMouS ny on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:47 am

Last edited by InFaMouS ny on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
InFaMouS ny

Postby Top Ramen on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:54 am

What happened to the OP?
Top Ramen

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:18 am

Top Ramen wrote:What happened to the OP?

Edited to make room for an eventual full preview video.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Kaunietis22 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:22 am

How far from release if you don't mind me asking :P :P :P
Kaunietis22

Postby Beefi on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 am

Kaunietis22 wrote:How far from release if you don't mind me asking :P :P :P

It's a matter of it will be ready when it's ready. No one knows how far along this is besides bluejay.
Beefi

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:12 am

Kaunietis22 wrote:How far from release if you don't mind me asking :P :P :P

Faces are 95% done. Signatures are 90% done. It's just about portraits and ratings now. I'm working my way through them but it looks like the way things are headed, I may be out of town next week for a funeral service. I'll do what I can but unfortunately I gotta play the hand life has dealt me. The good news for those of you that are anxiously waiting is that after that, I'll have nothing but free time. (Y)
bluejaybrandon

Postby cardo on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:16 pm

Do you have a list of portraits needed? I'd be happy to help out w that.
cardo

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:31 am

For those of you wondering about the progress of the draft class, I've complied a google sheet here. The average is what the players overall will be based on. Players in green are already in the class (though not necessarily 100% ready). Players in red have not been added (no cyberface, portrait, in-game prospect, etc.).

There are obviously some major prospects that are missing that need to be included but whether or not I can get those done before a release is questionable. I may add them in after release because I'll have more time. Depends on the general consensus. If people do just want a release before the draft, obviously be aware that it is incomplete and for the true class you'll have to re-download.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
bluejaybrandon

Postby ihatenames321 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:18 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:For those of you wondering about the progress of the draft class, I've complied a google sheet here. The average is what the players overall will be based on. Players in green are already in the class (though not necessarily 100% ready). Players in red have not been added (no cyberface, portrait, in-game prospect, etc.).

There are obviously some major prospects that are missing that need to be included but whether or not I can get those done before a release is questionable. I may add them in after release because I'll have more time. Depends on the general consensus. If people do just want a release before the draft, obviously be aware that it is incomplete and for the true class you'll have to re-download.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Thank you for posting this!
And also, I wouldn't worry about the pressure of releasing the FULL COMPLETE project.
There is a reason why when you copy and paste a workspace on most OS, that the folder name changes to your_project_v1.1
What I'm trying to say is, don't worry if the first version you release isn't the COMPLETE version.. We as a community understand and respect the fact that there will be updates and future versions. We do this because we love you bluejaybrandon.. And ofc, we also just want to start up our new my leagues with your draft-class, regardless of if its missing some player projected to go in the first-round.
ihatenames321

Postby benmatrix on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:26 am

Gathering all modders help this man to pull this draft, we know you all could do this. I'm new to modding so i can only provide morale support and best wishes hahaha. I hope i can create stuffs too, i am open for tutorials, Btw Congrats bro.
benmatrix

Postby benmatrix on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:26 am

Gathering all modders help this man to pull this draft, we know you all could do this. I'm new to modding so i can only provide morale support and best wishes hahaha. I hope i can create stuffs too, i am open for tutorials, Btw Congrats bro.
benmatrix

Postby ErronBlack on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:11 am

I mean I personally wouldn't mind if we had to re-download the class after it's been updated more, but really it's up to you, dude. Whatever you decide, I'm sure the community will have your back.
ErronBlack

Postby Northlander101 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 am

Dont worry about the release date, saying it will be done by the "end of the month", "end of the week" is only putting unnecessary pressure on yourself that your not able to meet. Just relax, take your time and put out a draft class that meets your full expectations. No matter how long it takes, the community will love it and appreciate it while the haters will still be using it.
Northlander101

Postby cardo on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:03 am

Last edited by cardo on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
cardo

Postby cardo on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:04 am

At the risk of sounding like a "hater", I'd be pushing for a release as soon as possible (even if incomplete). This may be perceived as the selfish intent to just get the draft class in hand ASAP - sans comprehension for all the detailed work that goes into an undertaking of this magnitude. IT'S NOT (in total). It's mostly rooted in a much more practical perspective, with regards to the all the hard work that you and the CF makers have put in.

As I type this here in Chicago - it's June 6th. We just received news a few days ago that the early release of 2K19 will be September 7th. Now - I can't speak for anyone else here but I could never dedicate anymore than 2 to 3 hours to video games per day. Between work, school, kids, sleep, and life otherwise - it's just unrealistic. That said - there are 93 days to release of the latest iteration of the game. I (like many here) play all games in a season. You add in Summer-League and playoffs and you could be playing up to 120 games total. And that's just if you're attempting to fit in one season. I believe many here are waiting for the release to begin their franchise. Unfortunately (if set on utilizing this particular draft class), it can't begin until release. If only attempting to complete one full season (and intent on purchasing the new version of 2K upon release), it leaves roughly 90 days to play 85-90 (minimally) to 120 (maximally) games. That's a lot of game-playing in a short span of time!

Now - should this be the ultimate burden in regards to releasing? No! It's your work, done at your leisure. Life tosses adversity our way with no concerns for what we previously had planned. Obviously, your familial dealings trump some silly draft class.

As you have in past draft classes - you've done a thorough, bang-up job in regards to creating content with a fine eye for the details. PLEASE LET ME STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!!! It shouldn't be understated. What you're doing for PC players of the game is glorious. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! Time is a commodity! And you spending yours in such a selfless fashion is kind and admirable. That should be the narrative here. You do this for free, with everyone else in mind. That said - I'd like to see your hard work (along with everyone else that has contributed) utilized to the utmost. AND the selfish side of me eagerly anticipates release, so I can get at least one full season in before 2k19 is released.

Just my humble perspective. If I've come off as anything but that previously - my apologies. Be well.
cardo

Postby Wzvd on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:21 am

cardo wrote:At the risk of sounding like a "hater", I'd be pushing for a release as soon as possible (even if incomplete). This may be perceived as the selfish intent to just get the draft class in hand ASAP - sans comprehension for all the detailed work that goes into an undertaking of this magnitude. IT'S NOT (in total). It's mostly rooted in a much more practical perspective, with regards to the all the hard work that you and the CF makers have put in.

As I type this here in Chicago - it's June 6th. We just received news a few days ago that the early release of 2K19 will be September 7th. Now - I can't speak for anyone else here but I could never dedicate anymore than 2 to 3 hours to video games per day. Between work, school, kids, sleep, and life otherwise - it's just unrealistic. That said - there are 93 days to release of the latest iteration of the game. I (like many here) play all games in a season. You add in Summer-League and playoffs and you could be playing up to 120 games total. And that's just if you're attempting to fit in one season. I believe many here are waiting for the release to begin their franchise. Unfortunately (if set on utilizing this particular draft class), it can't begin until release. If only attempting to complete one full season (and intent on purchasing the new version of 2K upon release), it leaves roughly 90 days to play 85-90 (minimally) to 120 (maximally) games. That's a lot of game-playing in a short span of time!

Now - should this be the ultimate burden in regards to releasing? No! It's your work, done at your leisure. Life tosses adversity our way with no concerns for what we previously had planned. Obviously, your familial dealings trump some silly draft class.

As you have in past draft classes - you've done a thorough, bang-up job in regards to creating content with a fine eye for the details. PLEASE LET ME STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!!! It shouldn't be understated. What you're doing for PC players of the game is glorious. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! Time is a commodity! And you spending yours in such a selfless fashion is kind and admirable. That should be the narrative here. You do this for free, with everyone else in mind. That said - I'd like to see your hard work (along with everyone else that has contributed) utilized to the utmost. AND the selfish side of me eagerly anticipates release, so I can get at least one full season in before 2k19 is released.

Just my humble perspective. If I've come off as anything but that previously - my apologies. Be well.

We don't know what the modding situation will be like in 2k19. 2k might make it more difficult which would result in people sticking with 2k18.

Even if modding is still the same it's going to take a while for things to get going, probably another couple months before any significant progress is made on that front. I know I'll still be playing 2k18 until that time comes, as I'm sure others will. Being able to "start today" and import custom rosters/draft classes will be a much better experience than 2k19 upon release, especially with how many cyberfaces will be included in this project. The only thing that would be missing is new features added into the game (I'll admit I'm not following it closely, but something like a full G-League system for example). Everything else will be easily modded into 2k18 (new jerseys, arenas, etc.)

I don't think it's a huge deal to get it out immediately for these reasons. This game won't be suddenly obsolete and unplayable as soon as 2k19 comes out.
Wzvd

Postby cardo on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:51 am

I agree Wzvd. I know that there are many that will still be playing 2K18 post the release of 2K19. Of course the drop of the new version won't make this one obsolete as some people are still playing NBA Live 2004.

I'm just expressing my own perspective and some of the members of the community that I've spoken with.
Regardless - the DC drops when it drops. I respect the creators prerogative to release it when he deems fit.
cardo

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:37 am

cardo wrote:At the risk of sounding like a "hater", I'd be pushing for a release as soon as possible (even if incomplete). This may be perceived as the selfish intent to just get the draft class in hand ASAP - sans comprehension for all the detailed work that goes into an undertaking of this magnitude. IT'S NOT (in total). It's mostly rooted in a much more practical perspective, with regards to the all the hard work that you and the CF makers have put in.

While that is a respectful critique it is highly subjective. There are many players, including myself, who don't play every game. Hell, in two months i can play out 2 decades in the league... With that being said, for many people waiting out the remaining week or 2 until bluejay gets this ready is not a problem really
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby cardo on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:05 am

Clearly, it's subjective. Hence the "can't speak for anyone else" and "my perspective". The variance in which people opt to enjoy 2K is all over the map. That's what makes it such an impressive game (in my humble OPINION :wink:). You're right though - it's not a problem nor am I treating it as such. I'm merely providing my point of view. Maybe I'm in the minority with it.
cardo

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding