The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby EccentricMeat on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:57 am

Game Speed - 48

Body-Up Sensitivity - 100

Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 25/100 (USER/CPU; Set the USER between 0 and 40; Lower value = less blow-by and more brick-wall/ride-the-hip animations)
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 85
Layup Defense Strength (Release) - 80
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 90
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) 95
Help Defense Strength - 100

Acceleration - 45
Speed - 25
On Ball Defense - 70
Defensive Awareness - 65
Lateral Quickness - 0/100 (USER/CPU)

Play Passing Lanes - 60
Attempt On Ball Steals - 100
Contest Shots - 80

Charging Foul - 100
Blocking Foul - 60/100 (Increase USER if you want to be called for fewer Charging Fouls, and have the CPU called for more Blocking Fouls, on USER drives)
Shooting Foul - 100/40 (Increase CPU if you want the USER to get more FTs)

Speed with Ball (Max) - 58/53 (Helps get rid of some of the CPU's fast forward dribble-drive animations)
Speed with Ball (Min) - 35
Acceleration with Ball (Max) - 55/50 (Helps get rid of some of the CPU's fast forward dribble-drive animations)
Acceleration with Ball (Min) - 35
Speed without Ball (Max) - 90
Speed without Ball (Min) - 45
Acceleration without Ball (Max) - 87
Acceleration without Ball (Min) - 45



These should definitely help keep the defender in front and give realistic animations. Lower shooting fouls for the USER so you don't get bailed out by the ref every time you attack the basket. All you need to do from here is tweak your Shot Success sliders so that a realistic amount of contested layups are made and missed.

Let me know how this works for you guys!
Last edited by EccentricMeat on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
EccentricMeat
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:12 am

I've literally done almost this exact slider set, this part mirrors mine.

Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 25/100 (USER/CPU; Set the USER between 0 and 40; Lower value = less blow-by and more brick-wall/ride-the-hip animations)
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 85
Layup Defense Strength (Release) - 80
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 90
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) 95
Help Defense Strength - 100

In one of my videos on here, I tried the lowering the speed thing (Very close to what you did). I Actually think I had it on like 15, and I was running to the hoop with Hassan Whiteside from the perimeter with no resistance. It doesn't make the defender stay in front of you at all, and this isn't a knock on you. I appreciate the people that are still trying to fix it, but it's a GAME MECHANIC issue that can't be fixed with sliders. Last night, I put on the game because I hadn't put it on in a few days, and it was literally the exact same thing. I had defensive sliders jacked up (like yours), speed down, and fouls up, I was literally just running in a straight line to the hoop. My brother was watching me play, and we were trying to see if anything had changed. I was getting to the hoop almost 100% of the time with anybody I wanted on the floor, including bigs from the perimeter.

Again, this isn't knocking your slider attempt, it's a game mechanic issue related to the motion system that literally can't be fixed. It's like the blocking glitch in 2K13, where you could turn the blocking slider up to 100, and still your hand would go THROUGH the ball and the offensive player would still finish. Sliders did nothing for that because it was a game mechanic issue.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8092
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby EccentricMeat on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:00 am

Not sure what else to say. With those settings i get plenty of great defense that either cuts off my path to the hoop, forces a charging foul, or the defender sticks with me the entire way and blocks/contests the shot leading to a miss more often than not.

Obviously with elite players like Lebron it’s still easy to get to the rim 1v1 (as it should be) but there should still be sufficient on-ball defense and help defense to contest the shot realistically.
User avatar
EccentricMeat
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:15 am

EccentricMeat wrote:Not sure what else to say. With those settings i get plenty of great defense that either cuts off my path to the hoop, forces a charging foul, or the defender sticks with me the entire way and blocks/contests the shot leading to a miss more often than not.

Obviously with elite players like Lebron it’s still easy to get to the rim 1v1 (as it should be) but there should still be sufficient on-ball defense and help defense to contest the shot realistically.


It does not cut off your path to the hoop. I'll upload a video shortly using your sliders.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8092
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby EccentricMeat on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
EccentricMeat wrote:Not sure what else to say. With those settings i get plenty of great defense that either cuts off my path to the hoop, forces a charging foul, or the defender sticks with me the entire way and blocks/contests the shot leading to a miss more often than not.

Obviously with elite players like Lebron it’s still easy to get to the rim 1v1 (as it should be) but there should still be sufficient on-ball defense and help defense to contest the shot realistically.


It does not cut off your path to the hoop. I'll upload a video shortly using your sliders.


Make sure to set Charging Fouls to 100 and Blocking Fouls to 60, you'll get called for tons of charges if you just run at the defender.
User avatar
EccentricMeat
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby jrlocke on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:31 am

I have been playing a fictional league and the lower rated players give a much better balance to this blow by effect. I have two players on my roster that can iso the rest are only getting by defenders with good angles and proper spacing...I am really enjoying 2k18 more with this D League style roster.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
User avatar
jrlocke
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:42 am
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby bongo88 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:48 pm

TheRocket wrote:I hope people are watching Blazers Pelicans series and see what a real tough defense looks like, Holiday putting clamps down on Lillard,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e19cGbaGCPA

I hope it is going to stop that "no handcheck ergo no defense in todays nba" talk that some people in this thread have. Look at the 1 on 1on ball defense, pick and roll defense, I forgot how much I love it

just stopped by this thread, saw it had been posted recent. not staying long.

What i see here is point gaurd Lillard/Big Men having no idea how to run a pick and roll.

pick and roll 1 & 2 should have been a big man slip to the rim. big man screwed up
EDIT: https://youtu.be/5XLvqH9qoik?t=256 this is what lillard should have done for 1 &2. slow it down, set the screen, commit the defensive big man, bounce pass to the rolling big man. when read correctly, the pick and roll is unstoppable.

Pick and roll 3 Lillard should have hesitated into a bounce pass to the rolling big man (lillard screwed up) Lillard moving too fast and setting up his big man with no pass alley. side not: lillard raerly throws bounce passes..
Pick and roll 4 & 5: Lillard doesn't know how to use a offball screen. He should go watch some videos of reggie miller / ray allen. Lillard is moving way too fast and doesn't have his defender on his hip to better utilize the screen. lillard screwed up.
Pick and roll 6: lillard has good speed going into the pick and roll, but then he picks up his dribble. lost his mind. gotta keep his dribble alive. lillard screwed up.
pick and roll 7: lillard doesn't utilize the screen totally, then backs out, then picks up his dribble. ( for reference, here is donovan mitchell link with the similar scenario... notice the speed and set up of donovoan.... donovan slows his speed down, makes sure his defender is caught on the screen, then has options when coming off the screen. i'll come back to donovan later)
pick and roll 8: lillard uses screen proper, but loses the ball (lack of practice/technique??) error from lillard
pick and roll 9: lillard has a good sequence using the screen. no complaints. Just misses the jumper. can't really praise holiday for good defense. rather, praise lillard for using screen well.
pick and roll 10: same as above. no complaint. not sure why holiday is getting praise for defense (??)
pick and roll 11: Hooray! lillard can throw a bounce pass! :) great bounce pass, great pick/roll.... big man needs some post moves/corner three. big man fault
on ball defense 1: bad decision lillard
on ball defense 2: lillard not setting up his off ball screen. reggie ran that play many times. here's a tutorial from reggie that lillard should watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv3EyzBuRb4
on ball defense 3: lillard not set up first screen, no special defense there? maybe i missed something
instincts distruption 1: jump pass? is this the ymca? error lillard. maybe shoulda, you know, dribble around and throw a good pass to his teammates.


anyways, i'm a jazz fan always have been. also a pacer fan. watched alot of reggie. stockton malone reggie knew how to use screens. It's been cool to watch donovan mitchell develop his game. at the end of the year he used screens similar to stockton, slower speed, defender on hip, reading the defense.

Here is a donovan clip from earlier in the year: just totally blows the screen: https://youtu.be/PJBbl7N9BQc?t=53 donovan did this many times early in the year. too much speed, jump the screen, no awareness of where defender.
here is donovoan end of year in the playofs 2 plays, 2 screens, 2 different reads: https://youtu.be/PJBbl7N9BQc?t=149 EDIT: https://youtu.be/RvH1zaIisT0?t=122 put the wront link. it's like watching an old clip of stockon run a screen.

anyways, what i see from the lillard/holiday video is bad offense. either from the point gaurd or the big man.

Dee4Three wrote:Holiday wasn't allowing Lillard to get comfortable, he wasn't allowing him to get where he wanted to go on the floor. Bumping your man absolutely happens, and shutting down the offensive player from getting to the hoop (By beating him to the spot) absolutely happens all the time in the NBA. The defender can't beat you to the spot and stop the drive really in NBA 2K18, because all you have to do is just run forward (Keep moving forward) to the hoop and he ends up on your hip.

Here was my Semi defense example

phpBB [video]


what i see in the giannis/semi is a 6'11 player (giannis) with no post moves on a 6'9 player (semi). giannis has good post position. defender on his back. Yet he has no post offense. why praise semi for regular post defense when we should be shutting down giannis for his pitiful post offense?

also, in the holiday/lillard video. i see nothing out of the ordinary about the Holiday pick and roll defense. I've watched many pick/rolls with stockton running point. He was put in many "uncomfortable" situtaions, but the correct pass sometimes was instant and sometimes took time to develop. i blame lillard for not utilizing screens proper. here is stockton running pick and roll. linkhe takes his time, uses his screen, gets his defender into the screen, then makes the correct read-- a pass or a shot. the fault lies in lillard's offense more than holiday's defense.

for proper offense technique, i propose you watch how the rookie donovan mitchell handles holiday on the picks. It's like watching stockton set up his defender.
https://youtu.be/ktGDLyPzJ6k?t=23 (holiday)
https://youtu.be/ktGDLyPzJ6k?t=48 (holiday)
https://youtu.be/ktGDLyPzJ6k?t=72 (holiday)
https://youtu.be/ktGDLyPzJ6k?t=88 (DeAndre Liggins)
https://youtu.be/ktGDLyPzJ6k?t=110 (holiday)
https://youtu.be/ktGDLyPzJ6k?t=126 (holiday) edit: the last clip is funny. end of the game, in the 4th quarter. after running into screens all game Holiday has no desire to be brickwalled by crowder. Holiday gives absolutely no effort on that crowder screen. folks just get tired when stockton/mitchell are properly slamming them into screens (malone/favors/gobert) all game long.

it's pretty much the whole video. again from later in the season when donovan learned how to use a screen.
anyways, not here to bother the whole 2k18 debate. i just watched the video and saw pitiful offense against regular defense. figured i'd ask why we aren't torching these folks bad offense. i see nothing special about the defense here.
bongo88
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:30 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:24 am

Bongo, the reason the Giannis video was shown is because he couldn't just run to the hoop, like in 2K18. That's the whole point of this thread.

In 2K18, Giannis doesn't need any moves, he can just run in a straight line and get to the hoop. In real life, players (like Semi) can stop that forward progress.

So your point about Giannis having no post moves is irrelevant to the thread. And honestly, there really is no debate anymore about the one on one and help defense on NBA 2K18, it's well established that it's flat out unrealistic, and can be exploited on basically every posession. Hopefully 2K19 fixes it. I am enjoying the Live 19 gameplay videos, because it looks like they have a good balance on defense.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8092
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby bongo88 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:02 am

Dee4Three wrote:Holiday wasn't allowing Lillard to get comfortable, he wasn't allowing him to get where he wanted to go on the floor. Bumping your man absolutely happens, and shutting down the offensive player from getting to the hoop (By beating him to the spot) absolutely happens all the time in the NBA.


oh, this is what i was replying to. absolutely no where was holiday "beating lillard to the spot".
that video was full of horrible offense.

Dee4Three wrote:Bongo, the reason the Giannis video was shown is because he couldn't just run to the hoop, like in 2K18. That's the whole point of this thread.


i apologize, i havent been here in a while and forgot the point of this thread.

Please see above. The above statement was analyzing holiday/lillard. i see no where in that holliday/lillard video where holiday beat lillard to a spot. I just saw horrible offense.

Now that the purpose of the Giannis video is clearer, lets take a closer look at that giannis video.

Play 1.... Giannis backs down semi into the post, small hopstep right, turn around jumper.... don't really see semi "beating him to a spot" don't really see Giannis "trying to run to the hoop". Just a post battle for position. technically, giannis backed semi down to the lower post circle, then giannis created space for a turn around jumper. Giannis won that post battle, because it was a post battle. turn around jumper in the post is a good look if you have that in your arsenal (malone, kobe,jordan)

Play 2.... Giannis starts in the post, backs out to mid range, turns his backside towards the post and backs into the post again. Semi definitley beat Giannis to the spot, because Semi was allready in the spot... didn't move any. What type of player starts down low in the post, then backs out to mid range... seems like giannis has post confidence problems. Again, don't really see any great defense... just regular post defense... semi didn't relinquish the post, but Giannis wanted to be back in the post, because he turned around and started post play. again, not sure exactly how this shows a line drive/ hip animation.... all i see is post offense/ post defense (except for backing out to mid range... can you imagine malone/hakeem/barkley/duncan/jordan/kobe/ etc etc backing out to mid range from the post.... hillarious)

play 3.... I apologize, but i cannot find the start of that play. the clip starts in the middle of the play. But, assuming that Giannis was making a drive and not entering the post, then semi does stop a drive. But, assuming that giannis is entering the post (like the previous 2 plays) then semi is just in a post stance, and thrusts his hips forward to disrupt post entry position. Once again, i can't find the complete play.

ok.... i clipped the clip.... it is exactly 0.23 seconds of footage... i have turned it into a gif so that it can loop endlessly link. or you can right click this mp4 video and select loop.
phpBB [video]

and here we are.... 0.23 seconds of footage. but wait, i see a problem, Semi's right foot never moves. So without knowing the start of the play, we cannot determine if semi's right foot was in that spot when Giannis started his drive/post down (whatever we are calling it, lets call it a drive). So the question is: Did Giannis run into Semi's Stationary right foot???? or did Semi block giannis drive by movement. Both scenarios are plausible, sorry, I can't determine exactly which occured due to the nature of the clip. Of course, if we happen to find the whole play, then we can most definitely determine exactly which scenario occurred.

Edit: the longer i look at that gif, the longer i think Giannis might be in his post play position. if you look at Giannis feet, the right shuffles forward about a foot, and the left shuffles forward about a foot. This is more plausibly a post shuffle, which means they are in post offense/defense. which post scenarios have nothing to do with a line drive.

https://media.giphy.com/media/9rx8gezN0 ... /giphy.gif

But, If you decided to rest your whole argument on an indicsive 0.23 seconds of footage, i have politely posted the link to the gif so that you can use it at your leisure. May it strengthen the foundations of your crusade.

if the giannis/semi video is all post play, then the video is not valid towards your argument against line drive/hip animation stuffs. Have a good day.
bongo88
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:30 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:06 am

Bongo, you may have been better off not visiting the thread again. The point stands: Giannis could not just run in a straight line to the hoop, which is why he backs in to begin with. Players beat players to the spot all the time, that's defense, that's what we are taught playing basketball.

The reason players can't just run to the hoop in real life with no moves, is because defense exists. In NBA 2K18, the OLAY! defense happens right on the ball, you can literally just press forward on your joystick and get to the hoop, with help seldom coming even with sliders jacked up.

Again, it's established that the defense in NBA 2K18 is flat out horrible. I'm not the only person complaining about it, this game has received a lot of shit this year because of the gameplay issues. If Giannis wanted to just run to the hoop, he would have, if players in the NBA were allowed to literally just run forward and get easy baskets, they would, but they cant. In the other example, the team defense is also a HUGE problem in 2K18, whether it be pick n roll defense (a la, 2K17), help defense, weak side defense , etc. So yes, in the video sometimes the stop happens with help, but NOT in 2K18, so it furthers my points.

The defense overall is broken in 2K18. FYI - your comment about resting my whole argument on 0.23 seconds is not only inaccurate, but straight up being a dick. The way you talk to me, you come off as an arrogant, ignorant, ass. Your intentions in this thread are obvious, it's not about the defense, it's about me. That is obvious to any onlooker.

I have not only posted gameplay videos showing the problem(s), but have also talked extensively of why it's such a problem, this is outside of that Giannis video.

At this point, I'm going to tell it like it is. Bongo, get a fucking grip. Have the right intentions in a conversation, either that or get your head out of your ass in general. If this comes off as flaming, fine. Anybody with common sense looks at your posts and sees how much of a arrogant prick you come off as.

I am DONE with you until you get that fucking chip off your shoulder.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8092
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby bongo88 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:52 am

Dee4Three wrote:I am DONE with you until you get that fucking chip off your shoulder.


haha. You posted a giannis/semi video about post play.

Dee4Three wrote:I mentioned it a couple pages back when Semi Ojeleye locked down Giannis in numerous plays of the second half of the C's vs Bucks game.

Here was my Semi defense example

phpBB [video]


post play. i just pointed out it is all post play.

then you attack me and refuse to defend your giannis/semi video about POST PLAY

i can do it to

phpBB [video]


here's another video about post play.

hope that helps your arguments. It seems very relevant.

have a good day
bongo88
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:30 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:51 am

Bongo, you continue to be here for the wrong reason.

Fuck off.

This thread has gotten the attention It deserved. Now that we are in preview season for NBA Live and NBA 2K, I am requesting that the moderators lock this thread up. Especially in light of the current state of it, where the discussion has veered off into the personal realm, as opposed to the actual thread content.

Moderators, can you please lock this thread?


Thank you!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8092
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby bongo88 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Especially in light of the current state of it, where the discussion has veered off into the personal realm, as opposed to the actual thread content!


I have not attacked anything about you. I have just discussed basketball.

First, y'all were praising the defense of the lillard/holiday video. I simply posted out it was more horrible lillard offense and rather standard holiday defense. i saw nothing special about the holiday defense. i saw lots of lacking items from the lillard offense.

Next, I discussed the giannis/semi video. I came to the conclusion that it is all post play. basketball decisions by giannis to enter the post stance, and begin post play. Semi hardly moved on defense. I can't help it if semi is stationary on defense and giannis decided to enter the post.

Dee4Three wrote:Bongo, you continue to be here for the wrong reason.

Fuck off.

This thread has gotten the attention It deserved. Now that we are in preview season for NBA Live and NBA 2K, I am requesting that the moderators lock this thread up. Especially in light of the current state of it, where the discussion has veered off into the personal realm, as opposed to the actual thread content.

Moderators, can you please lock this thread?


Thank you!


On the other hand, you have attacked me. Instead of discussing how Post play videos are relevant to your 2k18 turbo line drive complaints, you attacked me. Once again, i believe nowhere in this thread have i attacked you personally.

Dee4Three wrote: The point stands: Giannis could not just run in a straight line to the hoop, which is why he backs in to begin with.


Once again, semi is stationary... giannis decided to enter post play. exactly how does a decision to enter the post strenghten your argument?

Dee4Three wrote:The point stands: Giannis could not just run in a straight line to the hoop, which is why he backs in to begin with. Players beat players to the spot all the time, that's defense, that's what we are taught playing basketball.


once again, how did Semi "beat players to the spot all the time" when he was stationary? how can you beat someone to a spot if you are standing in the spot? semi was stationary, giannis stood for a second, thought about his offensive arsenal, and then decided to enter post play.

How does that video strengthen/support your argument? as far as i'm concerned, it seems null and void. absolutely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Why? because semi was stationary. because it is post play and we are discussing 2k18 line/drives/ defense/..... hmmmmmm..... are we discussing 2k18 post play? i believe i can select a button to begin backing down in the post. How is this giannis/semi video of post play relevant to the discussion at hand?

anyways, if you could please discuss basketball and stop calling me names, i'd appreciate it.

Have a good day
bongo88
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:30 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Bongo, you are insane. I am not answering any of your ignorant, pointless questions.

You are on this thread for the WRONG REASONS, and you know it.

I am having the thread locked up.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8092
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby bongo88 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Bongo, you are insane. I am not answering any of your ignorant, pointless questions.

You are on this thread for the WRONG REASONS, and you know it.

I am having the thread locked up.


Once again, not a big fan of the name calling.
I see no reason for locking this thread, as i am both not offended and innocent of any mudslinging.
It's too bad you refuse to answer any questions. perhaps there were too many questions. I shall keep it simple:
How does praising a post offense/post defense video strengthen the main points of this thread?

there we go, one simple question.
bongo88
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:30 am

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:27 pm

I've already stated the reason. He wouldn't even need or think about going into the post if he could just run by him like in 2K18, he IS getting shut off by Semi, he's having to settle for bad shots.

Again, you are not making any points that are relevant here. Which is why your purpose here is not to talk about the defense, it's to come at me. And you are doing a mighty poor job of hiding it, it's obvious.

FYI - I created this thread, therefore I can have it locked. You have no say over it.

I messaged one of the Moderators to have this thread locked. It has gone off topic. Not that I need a reason to have it locked, but it's a perfectly acceptable one.

Bongo, I'll say again. Fuck off, flaming can come without swearing, you are flaming in your posts. It's obvious. I have enough actual serious shit going on in my life, I refuse to deal with childish games from an arrogant, trolling prick like yourself. Get a life man.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8092
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:46 am

The discussion does seem to have run its course, and I think we've covered it from all angles at this point. It is just going around in circles now and getting a bit tense, so locking it up and putting a bow on the conversation seems appropriate at this juncture.

Since the NBA 2K19 section is open now, perhaps we can start some productive discussions there about the improvements we're hoping to see, deal breakers in terms of getting the game, and so forth.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108071
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:13 am

I know I said the discussion had run its course, but in light of some of Beluba's comments in the Game Informer article about NBA 2K19, it's worth revisiting.

“It was embarrassing,” Wang admits. “There was a bug that we didn't find until very, very late with the collision detection. That's another thing that we're working on right now. We're spending a lot of time trying to make sure you just can't go through players and stopping them when you try to run into guys.”

Last year’s new motion system made it easier to blow by defenders with speed, but it went too far. Even lockdown defenders could be taken right off the dribble with startling regularity. This has been reworked in NBA 2K19 to make stick skills matter more than before and restore balance to the one-on-one interactions.

"We have to make this game more about bringing back the skill gap and making it about the users, the skill on the sticks to be successful,” Wang says. “It's all about matching your stick to where the guy's trying to get to. That's where you'll get the set-offs, the brick walls. You'll get blow-bys if the guy's stick is the wrong way."

“Interior defense was really rough last year,” Wang says. “When we went to the new motion system we ended up taking out a lot of the multi-actor animations that we had in the past, so it made it really tough to protect the rim. That's why there were so many missed lay-ups, it was kind of a band-aid to fix all that because you could pretty much get them at will. That's a lot better now, and so is the hit detection of when you are actually covered and when you are not.”


Seems the new motion system really did have a lot to answer for in last year's game.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108071
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The defense is broken - VIDEO #3 WITH SLIDER TWEAKS!

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:58 am

Thank you for posting that, Andrew.

You know what, I took a ton of shit in this thread. I was told my game was broken or that it wasn't loading right, that I was playing wrong, that sliders could fix it, that it wasn't as bad as I was saying, was told I needed to fake sim, etc.

Not only is Smoove talking about how it was gamebreaking on 2K18 online and offline, but now Mike Wang (beluba) states how much of a major problem it was both offline and online, about how because the blow bys (which he called it, which I have been talking about all along) were so bad, that it ruined the skill gap between players, as it could be easily exploited. Also, other youtubers have stated that the devs mentioned how bad the blow bys were.

They also mention interior defense (which goes along with help defense), and how the motion system didn't accommodate that we'll at all, and it's the other thing I have talked about over, and over, and over again in here and on sliders threads. Again, Smoove, the devs, youtubers, and Mike Wang himself talk about the interior defense/help defense/one on one defense being major problems for 2K18.

To think I took so much shit in this thread, and people denying it on "sim sliders" threads, claiming it could be fixed or curved. There was no playing SIM on 2K18, even faking it was almost impossible (in my opinion, it WAS impossible).

Last year (as Andrew mentioned) they promised amazing improvements on defense, specifically highlighting how the new motion system would help with the skill gap, and make defense more rewarding. Look what we got in 2K18, you think I'm optimistic with 2K19?

Smoove stated up and down that blow bys were still in the game, and basically said "I am sure they can be curved" but didn't say it could, and didn't sound very confident. From the 2K19 gameplay footage, I am not optimistic in the least.

I'll end up playing 2K19 (even if I return it later), if the defense is broken again (one on one, help defense, interior defense, etc), and I post video evidence of this with default and different slider sets, I want all of you who came at me to remember this thread. Remember the comments made by Wang, devs, youtubers about how big of a problem offline and online the defense was in 2K18 (eluding to it being gamebreaking), and think before you blindly defend the game.

I can't believe how much crap I put up with in this thread.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8092
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Previous

Return to NBA 2K18

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests