Rocket League is Awesome, if you have PS+ you HAD no excuse, NONE

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Rocket League is Awesome, if you have PS+ you HAD no excuse, NONE

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:27 am

Family sharing is having multiple accounts use the same game purchase on Steam.

Anyway, you're not the only having this issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... 4/dzyg2yc/
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... ff_season/
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... on_anyone/
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... _disabled/

afaik, after the update Rocket League hates your connection and doesn't want you to play Ranked. Try to get in touch with their support.

https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en-us/signin
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:41 am

Just had an 0-14 loss. My teammate decided I was a moron and he was going to play for the other team...at 0-1. Because I missed one save. Proceeded to spam "What a save!" every time the other team scored.

Fucking cunt.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:55 am

That right there is why I normally play 1s (outside of getting ranked), people suck
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:16 am

I would, but I'd lose even worse because I've never won a kickoff in my life.
koberulz

Postby koberulz on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:17 am

Ugh, same teammate...

Being told to commit suicide is always more fun if it's by someone who keeps outscoring you despite being shit.
koberulz

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:33 am

I haven't played in a while, but as I've mentioned before, I always teamed up with friends. Simply playing against other people online can be unpleasant at times, let alone being randomly teamed up with unfriendly jerks. You've got more patience and a higher tolerance than me.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:46 am

YEAH MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

It came against a ragequitter, so it feels a bit empty, but after being within a couple of wins of Gold at the end of the last two seasons to finally get there is awesome.

I still suck though. I've spent probably two hours in the dribbling drill and even apart from kevpert having completely different car physics that allow him to get the ball on his roof without boost, I can't manage it at all, 99.9% of the time. A lot of the tutorials and what have you on YouTube seem aimed at guys who are already way better than I am. "Just get the ball on your car and dribble around for a bit, trying different turns." Um...okay, how?
koberulz

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:07 am

dont be afraid to use the report stuff in the pause menu during games. Reporting someone takes less time than a goal replay.

Verbal/Text stuff has an auto-ban for keywords after reports, and they can tell when players play for the "wrong team" if you do the unsportsmanlike conduct report.

The game will tell you when a ban is levied against a player you reported, too. It sucks that you (and everyone) has to deal with the toxic people, but there are ways to prevent them from getting to others.

Also, you can mute players in game, or in settings change it so you only see the shortcut-chat options. Still passive aggressive, but less derogatory.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:04 am

Yeah, I've done a lot of reporting. Not sure how they can tell if they're playing for the wrong team though? Chat review is obvious.

I hadn't played in months until recently. Every now and then some videos float through my YouTube recommendations and I get inspired to knuckle down and try actually getting good at it, and then I suck too much and give up. It's an endless cycle.
koberulz

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:25 am

Own goals are tracked iirc, it can be one of the post-game accolades if you still win
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:27 am

Just had a teammate decide to play for the other team. Scored a nice goal for them, and an opponent told him to do it in the other goal. I pointed out he'd presumably cracked the shits and asked - jokingly - if one of them wanted to switch teams too...and one said 'sure' and proceeded to actually do so. The result was well beyond doubt but it was still pretty neat.
koberulz

Postby koberulz on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:34 am

So I'm sure we're all familiar with the idiots who quit if the team gives up so much as a single goal. I was teamed with yet another of them the other day....except we were up 6-0 before the goal in question. There was 30 seconds to go, and he would've won MVP fairly easily.

Instead, I got an easy win and a ranking boost, and he got a ranking penalty and a three-minute timeout.

Bizarre.
koberulz

Postby koberulz on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:42 am

Two seasons ago, I got eight of the required 10 wins at gold, so I was stuck with the silver reward despite having made gold and won a few. Last season, I got five of the required 10 wins at gold, and was again stuck with the silver reward despite having made gold and won a few.

This season:
koberulz

Postby diamenz on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:24 am

it really is a trip playing randoms, u get all kinds of nutjobs. gotta love it when ur 30 seconds into a 2v2 down 0-2 and ur tm wants to ff. u ignore him and u single-handedly make some plays to tie the game, make some saves, and then hit the game winner @ 0:00 (okay, something along those lines). THEN he yells nice shot and u proceed to ignore him and gg the other team. #feelsgoodman.
diamenz

Previous

Return to Off-Topic