2018 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 4

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Warriors in 4
13%
Warriors in 5
19%
Warriors in 6
13%
Warriors in 7
No votes
Cavs in 4 (bruh)
No votes
Cavs in 5
No votes
Cavs in 6
No votes
Cavs in 7
13%
Golden Knights in 6
No votes
STAND FOR THE FLAG
6%
Wake me up when it's the draft
31%
These poll options suck. Should have just recycled last year's... or the year before's
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 4

Postby dwayne2005 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:32 am

Isaiah Thomas's TS% for 15 games for the Cavs: 49.3%. The kind that forced him to be booed and booted off the franchise.

LeBron James's help that game:
Larry Nance: 58.0% for 9 points
George Hill: 50.9% for 7 points
Kevin Love: 50.3% for 21 points
J.R. Smith: 46.0% for 10 points
Kyle Korver: 43.6% for 3 points
Jeff Green: 38.9% for 7 points
Tristan Thompson: 25.0% for 2 points
Jordan Clarkson: 22.2% for 4 points

LeBron James had no help offensively that game. Kevin Love needed to draw more fouls.
dwayne2005

Postby dwayne2005 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:36 am

SoF'nAwesome wrote:btw since this series is pretty much decided i just want to say LeBron is better than Jordan (The Cleveland version of LeBron, not Miami), even if they get swept in this series.

Jordan had the best coach in the league at the time, as well as a really strong cast with Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, Kukoc, Harper, and his competition was honestly not at the same caliber. And the shit LeBron went through this season to get his team to the Finals is as JVG and Jackson said his greatest achievement.

Absolutely NOTHING LeBron went through this season could be considered an adversity. If Jim Jackson means Isaiah Thomas (who did legitimately go through adversity) he should look in the mirror and reflect on his own career (https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... sji01.html).
dwayne2005

Postby Jackal on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:07 am

Dude what the fuck is it with you and Isaiah Thomas? This some Colangelo-level shit, is that you IT?? :|
Jackal

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:39 am

dwayne2005 wrote:Kevin Love needed to draw more fouls.

You do realize that Kevin Love's role on this team is primarily standing in the corner, or moving out of the way on drives, right? Have you been watching the games? He hardly ever touches the ball in the post, and when he touches the ball In the corner he doesn't have much time to do anything with it. So with his role on this team, he isn't going to draw many fouls at all.

In regards to IT..... I do believe you are obsessed. I've agreed with some of the stuff you said in the past, but not everything is about IT. I hope he lands on his feet, but every one of your comments has something to do with IT. I've never seen anything quite like it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby dwayne2005 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:59 am

I put numbers in context to show how poorly James team mates were in the last game using the best example possible. I drew on Isaiah in the next post in response to someone who was talking about the adversity James went through this season and pointed out if it were about Isaiah (and if not, what the hell else could it be?) Jim Jackson should be the last person speaking. Everything I posted was warranted.

Kevin Love was getting to the line less than half as frequently as he was during the regular season in that game, but the difference is not much. The point is that if he wasn't hitting his 3's he needed to make amends somehow and he failed to do that. He was a detriment to the team offensively in one of the few 20 point outings he's had in the post-season.
dwayne2005

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:11 am

dwayne2005 wrote:I put numbers in context to show how poorly James team mates were in the last game using the best example possible. I drew on Isaiah in the next post in response to someone who was talking about the adversity James went through this season and pointed out if it were about Isaiah (and if not, what the hell else could it be?) Jim Jackson should be the last person speaking. Everything I posted was warranted.

Kevin Love was getting to the line less than half as frequently as he was during the regular season in that game, but the difference is not much. The point is that if he wasn't hitting his 3's he needed to make amends somehow and he failed to do that. He was a detriment to the team offensively in one of the few 20 point outings he's had in the post-season.

The problem is: He doesn't have the opportunity to make amends on missed threes, as many come at the end of the shot clock (like in the 3rd quarter). Its the way the offense is designed (Or no design at all). LeBron brings up the ball in the middle of the court, a half-assed pick will be set every now and than at the top of the key in order to free HIM up to drive hard or step back and shoot a 3, or no pick will come and he just dribbles down to the end of the shot clock. Kevin love catches the ball most of the time its closer to the end of the shot clock when he doesn't have the opportunity to make a move, that's the point I am making.

If you are watching the games, you see that LeBron is handling the ball most of the time while the other players are out of the way standing on the perimeter. If Kevin Love catches the ball with 5 seconds or less to go on the shot clock, in the corner on the perimeter, how the hell do you expect him to get fouled? He doesn't have time to get to the hoop. It's a LeBron handles the ball, and the shooters wait to catch and shoot offense, that's the way it runs most of the time.

I don't knock Kevin Love at all for not getting to the line more. And, this goes back to the point earlier about why Wade, IT, and Rose didn't work out with Clevelands plan. Those are guys that need to have the ball to be super effective, they need to be able to make a move, make a decision, be creative. With LeBron handling the ball so much, those dudes were stuck just standing on the perimeter being rendered useless. Now Love isn't a really a dribble/drive player, but he certainly can draw contact if he is getting the ball on the block, but that's not what you see most of the time. The point is: Love being on the wing draws his defender out of the paint, giving a clearer path for James. If Love is posting up, or in even near the basket, that creates a help defender that could impede LeBrons progress. So they stick him in the corner, out of the way.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:05 pm

phpBB [video]

Coach Nick on it again...
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:18 pm

Someone who played with Michael Jordan talking about LeBron...

Kerr said, "They have a guy who's playing basketball at a level that I'm not sure anyone's ever seen before when you consider everything he's doing."

GREATNESS WILL ALWAYS SHINE THROUGH AND CAN NEVER BE KEPT HIDDEN IN THE SHADOWS CASTED BY DOUBTERS

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:31 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Someone who played with Michael Jordan talking about LeBron...

Kerr said, "They have a guy who's playing basketball at a level that I'm not sure anyone's ever seen before when you consider everything he's doing."

Can't deny LBJ is the most complete basketball player there's ever been with an amazing longevity.
But sport is about winning. If you check individual and collective stats and achievements, at this point of his career after 15 years, he's still behind few guys.
sticky-fingers

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:13 pm

That’s your opinion.

I’m just saying I agree with the opinion of the guy who has the viewpoint and experience of that as a general manager and championship winnng player and coach in saying he’s never seen anyone like LeBron.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Jeffx on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:35 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:

Can't deny LBJ is the most complete basketball player there's ever been with an amazing longevity.
But sport is about winning. If you check individual and collective stats and achievements, at this point of his career after 15 years, he's still behind few guys.

I don't care how great a player is, without the right supporting cast, he can only do so much. It took Jordan seven years to get over the hump, and back then, fans were questioning his ability to win too. Look at the loaded teams Magic & Larry Bird played on. Would they be as successful with a cast like LeBron's?

LeBron reminds me so much of John Elway. Elway got similar criticism - what these "experts" forget is Elway put mediocre teams on his back and took them to Super Bowls, teams that had no business being there.

"The Decision" and losing to Dallas are two things you can get on him for. But that's it.
Jeffx

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:58 pm

Thoughts on Curry.

He is no doubt one of the best in our gen (hate going into cross era discussion, let's leave that for another time). But imho it seems GSW's superteam reputation is undermining impact he brings to the game because general perception is that he's somewhat product of being part of a superteam.

But could he be possibly a better player to build a contender with than LeBron in this 3 point era? He's a threat you can never leave open, always forcing defense to follow around even as an offball player. He also makes 3s and tear drops at efficient rate with defender locked onto him. Not to mention his ability to pass... He complements today's 3 & positionless ball era in perfect ways. Doesn't it ever make you wonder how the team would fare if he was dropped into similar situation as LBJ. Wouldn't it be just easy to build a contender with him from ground zero?

I would love to see him in another jersey to be honest. It'd possibly help out his legacy too if him in prime could lift a shit team into mega contender status.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:19 am

shadowgrin wrote:I’m just saying I agree with the opinion of the guy who has the viewpoint and experience of that as a general manager and championship winnng player and coach in saying he’s never seen anyone like LeBron.

And then ? Shaq had the same comments.

Jeffx wrote:I don't care how great a player is, without the right supporting cast

So LBJ should have won 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2017 championships... Because he had the right supporting cast (3 allstars, solid veterans).
LBJ fans says "MJ won only vs weak or old teams". In fact, Pistons /Lakers1991 werent old. While Dallas 2011 & Spurs 2014 were old.

Dont forget to check MJ' supporting : first three peat, there's only 1 all star in the roster.
And for impartiality, listen medias and players of this time : they dont talk about Pippen as a superstar.
Now it seems that H.Grant was a superstar...

So yes, Lebron is amazing at his offense this year. He's really dominating the game.
BUT HE NEEDS TO WIN
sticky-fingers

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:32 am

That's Shaq's opinion then, whether you personally agree with him or not is not a basis for me in agreeing with what Kerr said, same way my own opinion should not dictate what your opinion should be regarding the matter of how to appreciate players our own way.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:55 am

The quoting players like Kerr, or otherwise is a "pick and choose" process for people to back up points. Form your own opinion. For every statement like Kerr, there's a statement like Olajuwons:

"When people start comparing him with Jordan then that's not a fair comparison. Jordan was a far more superior player in a very tough league, he was very creative," former Houston Rockets star Hakeem Olajuwon told CNBC's Worldwide Exchange.

"That's not taking away anything from LeBron because he is a great player but it is not a fair comparison because Jordan is a far superior player."

Sticky, we disagree about LeBron being the most complete player ever, but agree about the winning aspect. Wade and Bosh carried a heavy load on those two Miami titles, Wade was arguably the 2nd best SG in the NBA when LeBron jumped on, and also the best player on that Heat team. LeBron in the 2011 finals averages 17 PPG, it was like the 5th highest in the series. Wade averaged 26.5 that series, Bosh 18, Jason Terry 18, and we all know Dirk averaged a lot more that series. This is also conveniately left out. He stacked his team (including Ray Allen after 11-12), and mustered two titles despite jumping ship to join Wade.

He than recruits the 26 and 13 Kevin Love, and jumps on the two time all star at that point, 20 PPG Kyrie Irving, and grabs another title.

LeBron isn't the defender Jordan was, he's not the winner Jordan was, he's not the killer Jordan was, it's questionable of he was even the best player on his team when he first joined the Heat, he doesn't have the mid range game of Jordan, the slashing game of Jordan, the coordination of Jordan, or the respect Jordan had.

And it's amazing how people leave out that Pippen was Jordan's only all star player in the first three championships, and how subpar his supporting cast was in general. The youngens, and even analysts like Nick Wright who are so badly wanting LeBron to be called better, only mention the Rodman and Harper Bulls titles. Funny how that works.

And not to forget my point earlier about Pippen, who was home grown and started his career with Chicago, and was less than stellar when he came into the league. But we will also leave that out I guess.

It's not even close in my opinion, some of the comments make me laugh as so much of it is related to just living in the moment/living in the now. As stated prior, the majority of the comments on social media are from people who never watched Jordan play (most of them not old enough) and the comments about Jordan are so ignorant and blatant lies most of the time that it proves it.

This Jordan/LeBron thing is not only being bludgeoned into people's minds to death by the media, now the NLSC? Christ, how many people are drinking the cool-aid? Seems like quite a few on here. The other comparison with the NLSC basketball section and other social media is the trolling aspect, where points are ignored in favor of "shouting from the rooftops" that LeBron should be in the conversation, or is better. It's a combination of trolling, and being serious all wrapped into a annoying little package.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:20 am

Jeffx wrote:
sticky-fingers wrote:

I don't care how great a player is, without the right supporting cast, he can only do so much. It took Jordan seven years to get over the hump, and back then, fans were questioning his ability to win too. Look at the loaded teams Magic & Larry Bird played on. Would they be as successful with a cast like LeBron's?

LeBron reminds me so much of John Elway. Elway got similar criticism - what these "experts" forget is Elway put mediocre teams on his back and took them to Super Bowls, teams that had no business being there.

"The Decision" and losing to Dallas are two things you can get on him for. But that's it.

And it wasn't until Jordan got one of the greatest coaches of all time and one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all time on his team that his teams started to dominate
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:45 am

NovU wrote:Thoughts on Curry.

He is no doubt one of the best in our gen (hate going into cross era discussion, let's leave that for another time). But imho it seems GSW's superteam reputation is undermining impact he brings to the game because general perception is that he's somewhat product of being part of a superteam.

But could he be possibly a better player to build a contender with than LeBron in this 3 point era? He's a threat you can never leave open, always forcing defense to follow around even as an offball player. He also makes 3s and tear drops at efficient rate with defender locked onto him. Not to mention his ability to pass... He complements today's 3 & positionless ball era in perfect ways. Doesn't it ever make you wonder how the team would fare if he was dropped into similar situation as LBJ. Wouldn't it be just easy to build a contender with him from ground zero?

I would love to see him in another jersey to be honest. It'd possibly help out his legacy too if him in prime could lift a shit team into mega contender status.

I think the big knock on Curry at the moment is that he hasn't had a truly standout NBA Finals series. He was kind of lacklustre in his first two; his assists and turnovers were about neck and neck and he didn't shoot that well in 2016, his unanimous MVP season. It's telling that in the two NBA Finals series he's won, Iguodala and Durant were the Finals MVPs, and rightfully so. Not that Curry didn't play his part and have some good performances, make some big shots, but given he's the leader of the team and often hailed as the league's premiere point guard, the expectations are higher.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:16 am

[Q] wrote:And it wasn't until Jordan got one of the greatest coaches of all time and one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all time on his team that his teams started to dominate

Don’t forget having a role player that also happened to be one of the best three-point shooters of all-time and I’m not even talking about Steve Kerr.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby [Q] on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:28 am

Well yeah, that's not even talking about role players that knew their role and didn't try to do stuff they weren't capable of doing.

You're talking about Jud Buechlers shooting right? Lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:04 am

Just learned he’s also the agent of Draymond Green and JaVale McGee, along with Derrick Rose, Valentine, and Josh Jackson. Him getting Rose that adidas contract was a stroke of genius.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:40 am

Not to mention LeBron not even really being the best on his team in 10-11, questionable in 11-12. Keep falling for what the media is telling you, seems to be working quite well. Also, I have to believe that some of this is trolling, because I don't believe that you guys can possibly rationally believe in what you are saying. Also, this is updated as of 2016, you would have to add a couple more for Irving, and two more for Kevin Love (he was an all-star this year, and last year). That puts it at 48 to 11. He also had atleast two all-stars on each of his championship seasons.

Take out Gooden, Ilgauskus and Williams, and it's still 43 to 11. Take out Ray Allen, it's still 33 to 11. Wade, Bosh, Irving and Love were already all-stars before LeBron recruited/joined them.

Even if you toss aside the accolades, stats, teammates and titles, Jordan is a superior basketball PLAYER.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackie Kong on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:01 pm

Honestly don't care about who is better but for the sake of it what about Jordan having Phil Jackson as a coach. Lebron's best ever coach was Spoelstra. So maybe it was about Lebron not wanting to be coached by a proven coach but still.
Jackie Kong

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:16 pm

Jackie Kong wrote:Honestly don't care about who is better but for the sake of it what about Jordan having Phil Jackson as a coach. Lebron's best ever coach was Spoelstra. So maybe it was about Lebron not wanting to be coached by a proven coach but still.

The players make the plays on the court, did you see Jordan before Jackson took over? Did you see the numbers he put up and how he played? He was still the best player in the league. Jordan didn't start winning championships until 6 full seasons in , his first was in 90-91 (a season in which Pippen wasn't even need to the all-star team). LeBron didn't win his first until 9 seasons in (When he jumped on Wades team who was a top 5 player in the league in his prime, and recruited all star Bosh who was an all star and also in his prime). Not one player could guard Jordan, a lot of Jordan's plays were his creativity. Listen to the stories that opponents tell about facing him, they have the interviews on youtube. Phil Jackson didn't change Jordan's basketball skill, he didn't create it, he had it before. He didn't make Jordan the competitor he is, the defender he is, the dominant player he was, Jordan had all that.

On the BJ Armstrong thing by the way, he averaged 14.8 points, 3.9 assists and 2 RPG that season. The votes were because he played for the Bulls, who were still the most popular team in the world at the time (only 1 season removed from Jordan). His numbers were pedestrian, bringing him up when LeBron played with so many more all Stars is really grasping at straws, and most likely trolling.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackie Kong on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:31 pm

That is sort of my point though. Jordan only started winning titles after Jackson arrived.
Jackie Kong

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:37 pm

Jackie Kong wrote:That is sort of my point though. Jordan only started winning titles after Jackson arrived.

Phil Jackson also inherited a primed Jordan, and coached a developed Kobe and Shaq. He inherited those players.

This is also ridiculous, first it's he had better teammates or more all Stars (he didnt), which is moved onto crediting the coach.

Jordan would have won without Jackson, so would Kobe and Shaq. They are immense talents, Jordan being the best talent ever. Discrediting Jordan because Jackson inherited him as a player is absurd. Spoelstra INHERITED a primed Wade, Bosh and LeBron. Doc Rivers INHERITED Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. It's literally like discrediting Shaq, probably the most dominant center ever, because the championships he won were under Jackson and Riley... are you shitting me? No, Shaq was a ridiculous basketball player. The coach is only as good as his players. Brad Stevens this year accomplished a lot, but he wouldn't have done any of it without the players skill and ability to execute. Jaylen Brown and Tatum had the talent, the basketball skill, they just needed the chance. I said that when Hayward went down, and when Irving went down, it was a blessing in diguise. It gave these guys the opportunity to get experience, to show what they have, to display the talent they had.

I also have to laugh at the Pippen shit even harder, when LeBron jumped on Wades team in his prime, when Wade was one of the best two way players in the NBA, and recruited Bosh who was one of the best power forwards in the NBA, and THAT'S when LeBron won his first championship. That was Wades team, as he proved in the 11 Finals, when he averaged 26.5 PPG and LeBron averaged 17.8.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball