Real 2018 Draft Class - Released

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K18 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Real 2018 Draft Class - Final Photo Preview

Postby R4zoR on Wed May 30, 2018 11:16 pm

Yea that's why i'm pissed off, cause i had bad shit going on, you knew it, but i still was trying to work through it and help you till i saw the stuff i made was getting remade by others, cause you asked them, just because it wasn't up to "someone's high quality levels". Would you enjoy me just taking all your work, adding a mixture of something and calling it my own or ask someone else to remake it, you probably wouldn't be happy, would you, if you spent a lot of time on it too, even tho you should of been resting?
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed May 30, 2018 11:20 pm

R4zoR wrote:Yea that's why i'm pissed off, cause i had bad shit going on, you knew it, but i still was trying to work through it and help you till i saw the stuff i made was getting remade by others, cause you asked them, just because it wasn't up to "someone's high quality levels". Would you enjoy me just taking all your work, adding a mixture of something and calling it my own or ask someone else to remake it, you probably wouldn't be happy, would you, if you spent a lot of time on it too, even tho you should of been resting?

Look, I'm trying to make the highest quality project I possibly can. If you took any of my faces and improved upon them I would be thrilled. I know I'm not a great cyberface creator but I try my best and if someone can do better then best believe that is the work I would put in this project. It's a collaborative thing. I'm sorry that I didn't include your original Ayton but frankly it was little more than a rushed Robert Covington. If someone can improve upon that then that should be what goes into the project. It's not about some petty ego nonsense, its about working together to put out the best content.

Between having a family member dying of cancer currently, and promising a release this week on this project, yeah I understand the desire to rest. But I want to be able to be a man of my word, and I said the project is coming out so best believe I'll be up working late on it to get it out. It's not all about me and my ego and even though not everyone here has the same values, I like to think some people on here respect the community aspect as well. So for the good of the community and everyone who has put countless hours in on this project, I'm powering through to release it.
bluejaybrandon

Postby R4zoR on Wed May 30, 2018 11:33 pm

Yea i feel ya, i'm not mentioning the family or anything in this, but know next time, if you ever wanna do projects with people, tell them straight, that the work they did, needs to be fixed/redone, instead of telling them it's good and moving on to ask others to remake it, like it was with the Diallo face i made.
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed May 30, 2018 11:49 pm

R4zoR wrote:Yea i feel ya, i'm not mentioning the family or anything in this, but know next time, if you ever wanna do projects with people, tell them straight, that the work they did, needs to be fixed/redone, instead of telling them it's good and moving on to ask others to remake it, like it was with the Diallo face i made.

Like I said, I'm just trying to put out the best project I can. I don't want to discourage someone from trying a face they think they can improve upon. It's the same rationale as to why there are 5 Paul George cyberfaces every year. Mrk326 made some awesome faces but I included some of the ones you made in the previews. Yet he continued to make faces and has been a kickass, staple of this project and his faces are a huge drawing point. For example, maybe Miles Bridges didn't have a great reference so it didn't turn out to the quality he wanted but he kept creating and later came up with incredible faces like Grayson Allen and Rawle Alkins. I don't want someone to sit on the same faces for days and grow discouraged when they can move on to a different face and knock it out of the park.

Maybe I approach modding differently but I make the best face I can, knowing full well it is not on par with what the best creators can make, and if they improve upon it then all the better. It's a collaborative effort here, not so much individual praise. That's why it's not called bluejaybrandon's 2018 Draft Class. It's the Real 2018 Draft Class created by some amazingly talented individuals. I just happened to compile all the work and make some portraits.
Last edited by bluejaybrandon on Thu May 31, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Wzvd on Thu May 31, 2018 3:18 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Wzvd wrote:Congrats, I've always wanted to see a project done as well as this. Wish I could have helped in some way.

If I remember, last year you went through and corrected measurements and vitals. Would love to have your help with that again.

For sure, if I have some time I'll go through and have a look. Unfortunately I don't have a Synergy account anymore so I can't help with providing shot charts and all of that right now.

I would like to learn to create cyberfaces too but that's a bit daunting at the moment. Seems like the resources are spread throughout multiple different games and it's kind of difficult to piece all of the steps together.
Wzvd

Postby Humble on Thu May 31, 2018 3:23 am

Next week will be a big week for the world of PC Modding :lol:
Humble

Postby Kaunietis22 on Thu May 31, 2018 3:54 am

Looking forward to the release, any indication which day now?
Also wanted to know is it possible to assign the right picks when you start today since the in game lottery takes way later than it should?
I know you could trade them but was wondering if theres any other way.

Anyway best of luck on the release
Kaunietis22

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 31, 2018 4:02 am

Kaunietis22 wrote:Looking forward to the release, any indication which day now?
Also wanted to know is it possible to assign the right picks when you start today since the in game lottery takes way later than it should?
I know you could trade them but was wondering if theres any other way.

Anyway best of luck on the release

I wouldn't know beyond just the trading of the draft picks. That is what I did last year when I incorporated the rookies into the real roster project. I'll be doing something similar this year.

I do know you could also just play out the draft then manually overwrite all the information using the "super modifier".
Last edited by bluejaybrandon on Thu May 31, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejaybrandon

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 31, 2018 6:36 am

Well boys and girls...we have already lost PJ Washington and Jontay Porter from this years draft class with more likely to come. I don't want the hard work of the creators to go to waste so I will release them in a 2019 class along with the other prospects that stayed in school. Unfortunately, that is a big blow to the draft class and I do intend to replace them before release. That along with the personal issues may push it back ever so slightly. I'll be working on it non-stop leading up to the weekend, so I'll be sure to keep this thread updated. I apologize for the inconvenience. This project will be completed and the wait will be worth it.
bluejaybrandon

Postby iuguernsey on Thu May 31, 2018 7:06 am

So pumped for this to be released...

I've been checking it daily for a couple of weeks.

Plan:

One realistic myleague with the Pacers.

and

One totally unrealistic myleague just to get as many draft picks as possible and play summer league over and over with all of the prospects.
iuguernsey

Postby Wzvd on Thu May 31, 2018 7:37 am

@bluejaybrandon

Not sure how accurate the OP is right now, but here are the names listed that have decided to return to college.

Jontay Porter
Jalen Hudson
PJ Washington
Jarrey Foster
Shamorie Ponds
Sagaba Konate
Kerwin Roach
Kris Wilkes
Carsen Edwards
Austin Wiley
Terence Davis
Lamar Peters

And here are a few names you could maybe look at swapping those players out for. I'll try to put them in order of most deserving. Just some ideas not trying to force things on you.

Trevon Bluiett
Jaylen Adams
Robert Franks
Jock Landale
Kelan Martin
Yante Maten
Rob Gray
Jo Lual-Acuil
Johnathan Williams
Marcus Derrickson
Terry Larrier
Leron Black
Drew Eubanks
Elijah Bryant
Kameron Chatman

You did say you intend to replace players before release (not sure if you meant everyone who returns to school, or players who you made faces for and just remove others). So it might be best for you to just wait until the 11th (early entry withdraw date) or a few days after to make sure you don't add anyone else who ends up leaving. It would just make extra work for you. Or you could release a version with the core prospects and players who are 100% going to be in the draft, and update it a couple weeks later with more prospects. Sorry if this feels intrusive, just wanted to give some suggestions to help lighten your workload.

EDIT: Add Tyus Battle to players returning to school.
Wzvd

Postby KJBucket on Thu May 31, 2018 9:38 pm

Wzvd wrote:So it might be best for you to just wait until the 11th (early entry withdraw date) or a few days after to make sure you don't add anyone else who ends up leaving. It would just make extra work for you. Or you could release a version with the core prospects and players who are 100% going to be in the draft, and update it a couple weeks later with more prospects. Sorry if this feels intrusive, just wanted to give some suggestions to help lighten your workload.

if we keep waiting for each player's decision, we wont be able to download the draft anytime soon.
As our guy here told us, the best decision is to release the draft by the weekend and have minor modifications later on.

bluejaybrandon wrote: The full draft class will be uploaded to NLSC by the end of the week. As I choose to make faces or new faces randomly become available by other creators, I’ll add those in update packs like last year. Thank you all for your support. I'll be posting more image previews here shortly. Additionally, the FAQ will go up in the next few days so look out for that.
KJBucket

Postby suarez0103_ on Thu May 31, 2018 9:51 pm

Hello, I am new to this modding aspect of things. I just jumped over to PC. I'm confused because this thread says the draft class isn't released yet but someone on this thread says they already downloaded the draft class but needed to download your faces and player pics. Where would I download this draft class and how would I successfully get it on my 2k along with all the player profile pics?
suarez0103_

Postby OdellJR on Thu May 31, 2018 10:07 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:Well boys and girls...we have already lost PJ Washington and Jontay Porter from this years draft class with more likely to come. I don't want the hard work of the creators to go to waste so I will release them in a 2019 class along with the other prospects that stayed in school. Unfortunately, that is a big blow to the draft class and I do intend to replace them before release. That along with the personal issues may push it back ever so slightly. I'll be working on it non-stop leading up to the weekend, so I'll be sure to keep this thread updated. I apologize for the inconvenience. This project will be completed and the wait will be worth it.

you should release it now like u told everyone a week ago and then do little updates step by step
the release date was set to the end of may, when u wait now its gonna be end of june
OdellJR

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 31, 2018 10:08 pm

KJBucket wrote: if we keep waiting for each player's decision, we wont be able to download the draft anytime soon.
As our guy here told us, the best decision is to release the draft by the weekend and have minor modifications later on.

So, no this is not correct. To quickly explain the draft, the deadline to withdraw and retain college eligibility was yesterday. This means several potential draft picks withdrew their names to return to college. Thus it is meaningless to keep them in the class. They will be replaced with major prospects still missing.

As for a release, I'm working on it as much as possible. Trust me, I want this released as much as anyone but I've told myself from the beginning I'm not releasing an incomplete project with major deficiencies. I'm currently missing a couple POTENTIAL LOTTERY PICKS. That is a big deal and I'm trying to make them currently to the best of my ability. Again, it'll be out as soon as possible.

suarez0103_ wrote:Hello, I am new to this modding aspect of things. I just jumped over to PC. I'm confused because this thread says the draft class isn't released yet but someone on this thread says they already downloaded the draft class but needed to download your faces and player pics. Where would I download this draft class and how would I successfully get it on my 2k along with all the player profile pics?

The class itself is available on 2k share though it hasn't been updated in a bit. When it's released here, you'll get the mod pack which gives you the portraits and cyberfaces.
bluejaybrandon

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 31, 2018 10:10 pm

OdellJR wrote: the release date was set to the end of may, when u wait now its gonna be end of june

The release date was set prior to discovering that at least three players in the class have withdrawn. Sorry but I'm doing this right.

I don't know why it would suddenly be the end of June for release...
bluejaybrandon

Postby OdellJR on Thu May 31, 2018 10:18 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
OdellJR wrote: the release date was set to the end of may, when u wait now its gonna be end of june

I don't know why it would suddenly be the end of June for release...

I mean its your project you need to know when its gonna be released
It just look like the date is changing every day for another week
OdellJR

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu May 31, 2018 10:25 pm

OdellJR wrote:I mean its your project you need to know when its gonna be released
It just look like the date is changing every day for another week

That's fair. Like I said, I have personal stuff this weekend or it likely would have been released then. Guess we're in a holding pattern until I get this last little piece done.
bluejaybrandon

Postby KJBucket on Thu May 31, 2018 11:36 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
As for a release, I'm working on it as much as possible. Trust me, I want this released as much as anyone but I've told myself from the beginning I'm not releasing an incomplete project with major deficiencies.

Yes, I respect all the effort and work you are giving and appreciate it. But since you literally said that you would add future prospects in future update packs, and knowing that you told the community that the draft was coming out at the end of may, why not just release it at the end of the week and add other future prospects in update packs. Again, respect to the effort of all the team working on it.

bluejaybrandon wrote:The full draft class will be uploaded to NLSC by the end of the week. As I choose to make faces or new faces randomly become available by other creators, I’ll add those in update packs like last year. Thank you all for your support.
KJBucket

Postby Wzvd on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:38 am

KJBucket wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
As for a release, I'm working on it as much as possible. Trust me, I want this released as much as anyone but I've told myself from the beginning I'm not releasing an incomplete project with major deficiencies.

Yes, I respect all the effort and work you are giving and appreciate it. But since you literally said that you would add future prospects in future update packs, and knowing that you told the community that the draft was coming out at the end of may, why not just release it at the end of the week and add other future prospects in update packs. Again, respect to the effort of all the team working on it.

bluejaybrandon wrote:The full draft class will be uploaded to NLSC by the end of the week. As I choose to make faces or new faces randomly become available by other creators, I’ll add those in update packs like last year. Thank you all for your support.

Personally I wouldn't mind waiting a few extra days to have a more accurate class. But that's just me, I'm not going to start a MyLeague until the final version is out either way.

I'm sure there are some people who really want a release right now, and then they will immediately start asking when the updates are going to release lol.
Wzvd

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:47 am

Wzvd wrote:I'm sure there are some people who really want a release right now, and then they will immediately start asking when the updates are going to release lol.

Exactly, there in lies the problem. The same people that want a release now will complain when a specific player is not included.

I'm trying to create a realistic class, not just a collection of the most popular lottery picks. If that is what you're looking for, there are plenty of options for that. I'll just say that it will be out before the draft and you can all be pleasantly surprised if it is out earlier.
bluejaybrandon

Postby BPDHoplite on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:49 am

If you get this done before 2K19 I will be happy (Y)
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:51 am

KJBucket wrote:Yes, I respect all the effort and work you are giving and appreciate it. But since you literally said that you would add future prospects in future update packs, and knowing that you told the community that the draft was coming out at the end of may, why not just release it at the end of the week and add other future prospects in update packs. Again, respect to the effort of all the team working on it.

You keep quoting this but this was posted before major prospects withdrew their names and back when there were several users creating faces. Now that it is just me, it's gonna take longer. That's just the reality of it.

Last year it took me almost 6 months to create the 2017 class and that had only about 10 faces. This year there are well over 50 faces in the same amount of time. I'm doing what I can, I still have a job and personal life beyond modding.
bluejaybrandon

Postby KJBucket on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:31 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
You keep quoting this but this was posted before major prospects withdrew their names and back when there were several users creating faces. Now that it is just me, it's gonna take longer. That's just the reality of it.

Alright, please can you give us a list of all those major prospects who RECENTLY withdrew and had their cyberfaces already done ? I think by those you mean PJ Washington...is there anybody else ?
KJBucket

Postby cardo on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:35 am

You stated that you're a man of your word but then when people hold you to your word - there are excuses.

This is a ridiculous amount of work - there's no dispute. But people have been teased w previews for months, so naturally when you relayed "the end of the week" release - people were ecstatic. It's obvious that there would be disappointment now.

There's been an overwhelming amount of praise and support for this project. People have patiently awaited. You've had personal things that have played a role and I'm genuinely sorry to hear of your misfortunes. But you have to understand why people are losing patience and getting upset. You literally just last week said that it was definitely gonna be out by weeks end. Hey - shit happens, but people are allowed their disappointment.

Thanks again for your work and all the effort made by a stellar class of CF makers.
cardo

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Modding